Quantcast

» «
Photo

Which would you rather give up: GTAF or Facebook?

80 replies to this topic
Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:31 AM

Simple question: if you had to chose whether to (permanantly) give up either GTAForums or Facebook (or social networking in general if you don't have it), which would you and why?

AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Members

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:33 AM

QUOTE (Niko Vercetti 112 @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 11:31)
(or social networking in general if you don't have it)

GTAF is a social network.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:34 AM

Tough question. I'll go ahead and answer anyway.

I'll give gtaforums up.

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:38 AM

Facebook, because Russia has its own Facebook.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:40 AM

Facebook is terrible.

Don't understand why so many people like it.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:40 AM

My Facebook was banned months ago, I have yet to establish a new one, and have no intention on it. In essence, I already chose.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:44 AM

If I had to choose, I think i'd give up GTAF. Reason why I would choose Facebook would be because I talk to a lot of people over Facebook, just to keep myself entertained, i've gotten to know people better over Facebook because it's casual enough that you can talk to anyone you're friends with on there, get yourself invited to their parties or whatever, then you have a reason to talk, it make in-real-life socializing a lot easier because you've already got kind of a base to start from, without seeming like a creeper intent on getting sex, it's the perfect place to organise things like parties and nights out. I love sharing photo's with all my friends and Vice Versa, because otherwise a lot of those great times with hilarious photo's never surface to your own eyes, on Facebook they are all there to view, I can imagine it'd be a great thing to look back on in years to come provided the site stays open, plus all the pages on there are putting out hilarious photo's, f*ck 4Chan, it'll eventually filter over to Facebook.

GTAF is great for interacting with others and seeing different perspectives, i've learned a fair bit being here and changed many of my opinion on things, but I could let it go.

Melchior
  • Melchior

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • China

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:47 AM

Yeah I don't bother with facebook at all any more. I find it too hard to strike up conversations with people I don't know well, and people I do know well, I see all the time anyway. I realised checking it everyday was just pointless, I used to justify it as "keeping up with my social circle" but I wast just trying to rationalise my ritualism.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:54 AM

f*ck Facebook.
I don't really hate the site (actually, I quite like it) but I could easily just use other methods to contact my friends/relatives. GTAF on the other hand, is just so addicting. I love the series, the forum layout and the community way too much to permanently leave.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • France

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:04 AM Edited by rudy., 04 June 2013 - 10:06 AM.

I'd say GTAForum. Although this place is quite awesome, I'm now at the point where I couldn't give up facebook. I'm an admin in a facebook page, and I gotta keep it running by updating photos, status and other stuff. The other admins of that page are lazy dingleberries and barely show up online. I came here for gta5 news but later discovered the other sections when I clicked on some dude's signature and ended up here and in Movies chat. I should really admit that this place has managed to get my butt gripped to the couch and to the toilet seat when I'm on my laptop

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:10 AM

I'd give up both for a 2002 Nissan Skyline.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:21 AM

I think I gave facebook up already.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:32 AM

GTAF =/= Facebook

but I guess Facebook.

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Carry on My Wayward Son

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:57 AM

I left Facebook 3 years ago. I had about 550 friends, I literally only knew 150 of them and I only actually liked about 10 of them.

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

GTAF's #1 Trevor hater.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:00 AM

I'd give up Facebook, I like GTAF more and you can discuss topics with people that I don't know, as opposed to Facebook where you usually only discuss stuff with your friends on Facebook. Also less Swaggots and people posting disgusting pictures saying "dislike if you think this is disgusting." and none of these sponsored posts on GTAF

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:00 AM

One raging benefit to my Facebook over GTAF, there isn't a 12 year old in sight.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:23 AM

Yeah, forums are classed as social networks. Not counting that, I haven't joined any as a social network, only to follow things as I would on YouTube - alpha game development, indie bands, and news/current events for twitter. I don't have online connections with anyone I know IRL, apart from a few friends on steam and xbox live.

So FaceBook.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:37 AM

I have given up facebook
so that answers that smile.gif

i have more 12 year olds on my facebook than I see here...
sh*t that sounded wrong, they are my cousins people tounge.gif

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Boards Of Canada

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 10:40)
Facebook is terrible.

As much as I don't like using FB too much (I do sometimes) your statement is a little off. Connecting with your friends and family, uploading your funny photos to share, posting status' such as "need a photographer" and getting one, (in a friend of a friend capacity) - I'm not really baffled as to why people like it or use it. Organizing eventa (I organised my best mates stag party on it and my birthday party and also raves etc) - it's not really hard to figure out why it's popular. It's just another way to connect to people.

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:00 PM

I'd give up FB

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 17:40)
Facebook is terrible.

Because many teens like us Filipinos use them everyday for any second because many wanted to share some photos, to communicate and chat with your family and friends, and many others. Facebook is actually cool, I have a Facebook account and I'm always online everytime to see everyone's current posts and statuses, but it's your opinion @MoSA whether you like it or not anyway.

Back-on topic
Hmmm.. such a hard question to ask. GTAF is a wonderful site and I get to know many new friends here from outside countries, but Facebook always keeps me in touch of updates from my best friends here in the Philippines. So I will be giving up GTAF instead.

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:05 PM

I created a FB account but never used it lol.... So my answer is: I've already given up Facebook smile.gif

Padmasana
  • Padmasana

say wha?

• The Connection

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:23 PM

I deleted my facebook about 3 months ago, and I only come on GTAF for about 5 minutes a week. They're both pretty lames. tounge.gif

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE (tms_junk @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 11:00)
One raging benefit to my Facebook over GTAF, there isn't a 12 year old in sight.

I thought your Facebook would be filled to the brim with twelve year olds.

And I'd give up non-GTAF social networking because I never bother with it anyway.

Yeah there's people who can't sleep at night without knowing what Dave ate for tea, but they're the majority, the majority of which I'm not in.

Probably like every other majority.

Calvin Backer
  • Calvin Backer

Drop your Bone Zone and step into the Bone Zone.

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:32 PM

I already gave up facebook. In september ill give up gtaf too

ED-E
  • ED-E

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:33 PM

Facebook.

Just because I'm sick of seeing the attention seeking little c*nts posting stupid f*cking status's.

Also, begging for likes = WTF? seriously?

Facebook is utter sh*t, the only reason I have it is to talk to my GF and my best friend.
  • abccba123 likes this

Mockage
  • Mockage

Fljótavík

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:58 PM

GTAForums. A lot of my friends still use facebook and I talk to them through it a lot.

Also for the "Can I get a like ? " statuses and the "like to give a kid in africa 1 dollar" stuff, I don't see that sh*t anymore because I disliked all those dumb pages I liked back in middle school + delete a bunch of failing morons from my friends list who posted dramatic statuses and dumb images from tumblr.

S'all clean now.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:02 PM

GTAF.
I'm more focused on life now so what better place then Facebook?

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:26 PM

GTAF no doubt.

Facebook is just much more fun compared to this if you got some good friends and liked some funny pages.

milkmansun
  • milkmansun

Detective

• Members

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:19 PM

facebook

Also, please remove it from my memory...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users