Quantcast

» «
Photo

How to make a car model to put into GTA 4?

1 reply to this topic
ca13817
  • ca13817

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:51 AM Edited by ca13817, 05 June 2013 - 05:46 AM.

I was wondering how you make a car to put into the game. I know to use zmodeler and to save it as .wft and .wfd files. If thats wrong please correct me. Does anybody know where I can find a tutorial on how to use zmodeler? Do I just save the car model into those two file types then rename it the car I want to replace then put it into the games files? I have looked lots of places but the modding community, at least the vehicle section, appears to be very tight. If that is right, or if you know how to do it, please let me know! Thanks in advance!

Xeorage
  • Xeorage

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:24 PM

I haven't tried modelling my own cars yet, but if you say all you need to convert them is zmodeler and that's it then presumably all you need to do is save all the textures as a .wtd and the model itself as the .wft.

After that you just rename your .wtd and .wft files to the car you want to replace.

e.g. if you made a Porsche and saved it as porsche.wtd and porsche.wft you just need to rename it as one of the existing cars in GTA so porsche.wtd is renamed to comet.wtd, get it? Obviously you should replace a car that is similar to the one you created e.g. replace a 4 door with a 4 door etc.

Then just use SparkIV or MagicIV to import and replace the existing files, after that it's just a case of editing the handling, vehicle and carcol files to designate the handling and default colours of the car.

Not sure if it is THAT easy to just create the car model and drop it in game, but if it is then the steps above are all you need.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users