PC Game recommendations.

26 replies to this topic
GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:49 PM

In about 2-3 weeks (Too long dammit), I will be getting a gaming PC.
Now everything is all good and well, but I don't know what games to get!
I mean, I already have a steady list of 'To buy' games, but I feel that my list is way too small.

I am into:
Freeroam
Racing/Driving
FPS

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I see nothing but good things for you my boy.

• Members
  • India

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:58 PM Edited by AceKingston, 03 June 2013 - 07:02 PM.

ArmA II is a great FPS along with Dayz it's quite brilliant, you could also check out ArmA III.

As for Racing, the Test Drive series are pretty good.

List of PC games I would reccomend:

Prototype
Just Cause 2
Skyrim
Saints Row 2
Far Cry 3 (FPS + Open World game)
Far Cry 2
Assassins Creed series
Fallout: 3
Fallout: New Vegas
Mafia II
Sleeping Dogs
The Saboteur (WW II open world game)
Battlefield 3
Medal of Honor series
Alan Wake
The Witcher 2
Crysis 2
Crysis 3
Crysis
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
Hotline Miami
Half-Life
Half-Life 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Left 4 Dead
Half-Life
Counter Strike: Global Offensive

Some of the games from the top of my head, will add more later...

MWC
  • MWC

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:01 PM

since you are obviously a GTA fan, and if you are getting a good PC, you should definitely check out GTA 4 and Episodes and mod them to hell, with the right graphics mods you can make GTA 4 better than the screenshots we have seen of 5 (and better than any of the next gen screens lol, if you have a decent enough PC you can make it near photo realistic), and theres also a lot of content mods like the Iron Man, Fighter Planes, LCPD First Response that add so much new content you will not get bored of it in a long time

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• Members
  • India

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE (MWC @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 00:31)
since you are obviously a GTA fan, and if you are getting a good PC, you should definitely check out GTA 4 and Episodes and mod them to hell, with the right graphics mods you can make GTA 4 better than the screenshots we have seen of 5 (and better than any of the next gen screens lol, if you have a decent enough PC you can make it near photo realistic), and theres also a lot of content mods like the Iron Man, Fighter Planes, LCPD First Response that add so much new content you will not get bored of it in a long time

I'm pretty sure GTA IV was on his list.

I also forgot to mention the Hitman series, they are a great stealth FPS.

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:28 PM

Thanks for the suggestions so far, I will get:
Saints Row 2
FC2
FC3
Fallout 3 and NV
Sleeping dogs
Half-Life
Half-Life 2
FC3: BD
CS: GO
GTA EFLC.
Test Drive Unlimited
And yes, GTA IV was already on my list. biggrin.gif

My list I already had (Maybe someone could get a game off this list):
GTR2
Rfactor
RFactor 2
Shift + Shift 2
Project CARS
GTA VC (Already have III + SA, my VC stopped working confused.gif )
NFS HS + PU + HP2 + MW (2005)

Potato Boggle
  • Potato Boggle

Formerly ozzman1

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:32 PM

Check out Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad, it's a hardcore WWII multiplayer fps set in Russia with Nazis vs Red Army. It's pretty realistic, but not to the point where it's more of a simulator like ARMA. The games pace is sort of slow, but it's really intense, when you get a kill you feel like you actually worked for it haha.
The matches are 32v32 and each team has a Commander that can call in artillery/missiles/mortars and order attacks, and squad leaders that can order their group around so teamwork is a must if you want to win.
A video will to more justice than I can by talking so just watch.

They recently released a standalone dlc(you don't need RO2 to play it) called Rising Storm that's the same thing but it's Japs vs Americ*nts on Japanese maps with all new weapons for both sides.

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:34 PM

These:

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Monday, Jun 3 2013, 18:58)
Prototype
Just Cause 2
Skyrim
Saints Row 2
Far Cry 3 (FPS + Open World game)
Far Cry 2
Assassins Creed series
Fallout: 3
Fallout: New Vegas
Mafia II
Sleeping Dogs
The Saboteur (WW II open world game)
Battlefield 3
Medal of Honor series
Alan  Wake
The Witcher 2
Crysis 2
Crysis 3
Crysis
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
Hotline Miami
Half-Life
Half-Life 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Left 4 Dead
Half-Life
Counter Strike: Global Offensive

And Payday The Heist.

lt_yao
  • lt_yao

Satie

• Members

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:59 PM

If you could post your specs for your PC.

You could try Test Drive Unlimited, loved every second of the first game. Works best with a racing wheel, or a controller at the least. Fine with keyboard too, not as fun though. It's an open world racing MMO if so to say, set in Hawaii.

The game's a bit old, but it still looks good if you ask me, I believe it got released around 2006, if not a bit earlier.

For FPS, well, I'd say just go with Metro series, if you are into slight horror and over all good story.

As well as I would recommend Battlefield 3 for the multiplayer needs. I play it still occasionally. It still has a big community.

Failure
  • Failure

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE (GTAction99 @ Monday, Jun 3 2013, 18:49)
In about 2-3 weeks (Too long dammit), I will be getting a gaming PC.
Now everything is all good and well, but I don't know what games to get!
I mean, I already have a steady list of 'To buy' games, but I feel that my list is way too small.

I am into:
Freeroam
Racing/Driving
FPS

You've got a hell of a gaming experience ahead of you, mate.

Freeroam: Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim are definitely recommended; worth getting all the 3D GTAs too, the mods just make the experience that much better. I'd also recommend Deux Ex Human revolution. All these games are also pretty easy to get into for a newcomer.

FPS: The Half Life franchise is just incredible, but you may find it daunting as a new PC gamer. You really can't beat the original Crysis for accessibility and shear fun--this was one of the first games I really got into on the PC, and I still play it to this day. Dishonored is also excellent, but is more of an RPG. For multiplayer, new-player friendly FPS, you can't go far wrong with CoD 4: Modern Warfare (NOT MW2 as it is rife with hackers and has a sh*t match-making system) or Counter Strike: Global Offensive. Dead cheap now, too.

You won't regret getting a PC for gaming. Sure, I like my Xbox for GoW and RDR, but you can't beat the immersion of a good PC game.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:40 PM

Gaming PC? You were a console gamer? I only ask because sometimes there are drastic differences between PC and console releases. You may want to double dip and replay some things you already have played(just not on PC).

Skyrim with the highres texture pack...f*cking amazing.
GTA IV with ENB/iCEnancer.
Fallout 3 New Vegas was a completely different experience on the PC just because of being able to support more objects in the environment [on screen].

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• Members
  • India

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:52 AM

Some more:

Mass Effect
Mass Effect II
Mass Effect 3

^ The above ones should be played in order or you will spoil the story for yourself.

Grid
Dirt 2
Driver: San Francisco

You could also check out some strategy games like Age of Empires or Civilization.

If you are looking for horror games, go for something like Slender, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Silent Hill 2 or Resident Evil 4. I know these are old games but still you'll still play the hell out of them.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:41 AM

Age of Empires, any and all titles.

Total War is a great one too.. especially Total War Shogun

As far as racing.. I always enjoy NASCAR games on PC. The multiplayer is always action-packed and never dull.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• Members
  • India

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:51 AM

Also, are you planning to mod GTA IV? because playing GTA IV on PC without modding is a waste other than the improved graphics, custom soundtracks and the Replay feature, especially since you are a console gamer and you have already played GTA IV on console.

Also Red Orchestra is a very realistic FPS, you die in like 3 shots, I've never played it but judging by information on the internet it is very realistic, so there is a chance you might get frustrated/bored of it.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:51 AM

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Monday, Jun 3 2013, 22:04)

FPS? They're TPS.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• Members
  • India

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:00 AM

QUOTE (Happyness @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 14:21)
QUOTE (AceKingston @ Monday, Jun 3 2013, 22:04)

FPS? They're TPS.

Yeah but they are a combination of a TPS with stealth. ArmA III is an example of a TPS only game. I don't really see the difference between TPS and FPS other than the different view.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:48 AM

Still it's different. FPS is FPS, TPS is TPS. smile.gif But I agree with him, it's a great series. icon14.gif

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:57 AM

Far Cry series! It's brilliant on PC. That's one of those games that makes me tempted to convert.
Battlefield is also much much much better on PC. I don't really like the console versions of Battlefield.

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE (trip @ Monday, Jun 3 2013, 22:40)
Gaming PC? You were a console gamer? I only ask because sometimes there are drastic differences between PC and console releases. You may want to double dip and replay some things you already have played(just not on PC).

Skyrim with the highres texture pack...f*cking amazing.
GTA IV with ENB/iCEnancer.
Fallout 3 New Vegas was a completely different experience on the PC just because of being able to support more objects in the environment [on screen].

Yeah, I was a console gamer, I will still be keeping my consoles. Well actually, I will be a 50% Console 50% PC gamer. alien.gif

I just wanted to get a gaming PC so I can finally play games like BF3 with 60 players, or GTA IV and SA with HQ mods.

OT: I will check out all the recommended games to see if I like them. icon14.gif
And I won't mind buying games I already have, I have GTA SA on PS3 and PC (Current sh*tty PC can barely keep it at 30FPS now) for example.

Big-_-t0ny
  • Big-_-t0ny

Twitch.tv/Big_t0ny

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:13 PM

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is a very good game trilogy, focusing on the Exclusion Zone around the Chernobyl NPP, with creepy mutants and shizzle! Killing Floor is a class based zombie game that is a lot of fun. In the next Steam sale I advise getting the Valve Complete Pack - it features all of Valve's titles for the price of a regular PC game (on sale that is!). Some multi-plats are also worth getting on PC - the Batman Arkham series, Mafia 1 and 2, Deus Ex...

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:51 AM

QUOTE (Big-_-t0ny @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 21:13)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is a very good game trilogy, focusing on the Exclusion Zone around the Chernobyl NPP, with creepy mutants and shizzle! Killing Floor is a class based zombie game that is a lot of fun. In the next Steam sale I advise getting the Valve Complete Pack - it features all of Valve's titles for the price of a regular PC game (on sale that is!). Some multi-plats are also worth getting on PC - the Batman Arkham series, Mafia 1 and 2, Deus Ex...

I'll look into those games.
Chernobyl NPP, and the Valve complete pack seem interesting. icon14.gif

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:53 AM

You need some classic PC titles, seeing that you're into FPSs.

Far Cry
Crysis
Half Life 2
FEAR
STALKER

These games are a must. Each game introduced new things in their own specific ways.

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:13 AM

QUOTE (nigelhere9901 @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 11:53)
You need some classic PC titles, seeing that you're into FPSs.

Far Cry
Crysis
Half Life 2
FEAR
STALKER

These games are a must. Each game introduced new things in their own specific ways.

I'll make sure to give those games a go, they seem like my type of game. icon14.gif

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Thou shalt not commit logical fallacies

• United-Kingdom

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:25 AM

FEAR isn't very good. I'll agree with the rest but FEAR is generic to the point of boredom. I'd replace it in that list with one of the Bioshock series.

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:56 AM

QUOTE (sivispacem @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 06:25)
FEAR isn't very good. I'll agree with the rest but FEAR is generic to the point of boredom. I'd replace it in that list with one of the Bioshock series.

I actually hate the Bioshock series. Overrated piece of garbage. (That's how opinions work)

FEAR actually has the best AI in a game. I don't think even Infinite's Elizabeth is that intelligent when compared to the enemy soldiers in FEAR. FEAR's gunplay is some of the best in a game.

When you say "generic" you're just wrong.

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:53 PM Edited by Werebot85, 07 June 2013 - 01:12 PM.

A few I recommend:

Half-Life 2 (must have!!)
Portal 1+2
Bioshock series
Far Cry
Crysis
Borderlands
Skyrim (why not get Oblivion too)
Fallout 3
Mass Effect trilogy
Dragon Age
Batman Arkham Asylum + Arkham City
LA Noire

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (sivispacem @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 06:25)

Good man! I was about to say why has no one said bioshock yet! Bioshock infinite is a must have if you're new to PC its beautiful and the story pulls you in.

It has got a good shout for game of the year. Fear on the other hand can only dream of game of the year.

kamuran
  • kamuran

Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:13 PM

The witcher 2!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users