» «
Photo

AI Cars backwards glitch

3 replies to this topic
j7n
  • j7n

Buster

• Members

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:57 AM Edited by j7n, 03 June 2013 - 12:01 PM.

I just signed up to your forums.

I am getting this glitch now. Cars seem to lose track of their location, jump around their intended position, and sometimes respawn facing backwards and make a U-turn to return to the position. They may respawn within another car, etc. The problem occurs only when loading the last couple saved slots, and not when starting a new game.

What I haven't seen mentioned yet is that computer configuration might affect this glitch. The glitch apeared only after I upgraded my video adapter from Intel GMA 3000 to nVidia GF119, and also added 2 GB of RAM (for a 3 GB in total). My GTA is Version 1.0.

The playing time in the first saved game is 202:07, and the glitch most definitely did not occur until I played to 216:51 with my previous configuration. The problem now occurs from both saved slots, which I have not updated because of the problem.

What is the current status of the fix? hmvartak.110mb.com/fix.htm appears to be offline. Thank you.

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

Well it looks like hmvartak has moved his site to a new server, check out this link. I think you know how it works since you already heard of this tool, choose the "Traffic (Cars Suddenly Taking U-Turns)" option, browse your save file, click Upload and Repair, then download the fixed save game and place it in the San Andreas User Files folder. This fix might be the resolve for the other traffic issues you mentioned, though I don't guarantee that. Nonetheless, good luck. icon14.gif

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:27 PM

For the traffic fix the Savegame Editor v3.2 might be a better option. I'm not sure if hmvartak has updated his tool to account for some rare glitches. If CJ has eaten recently when the older patch is applied he may be limited to only a few meals for the rest of the game. Also, some phone calls may be delayed until after a mission is triggered.

http://www.paulinternet.nl/?page=sa

j7n
  • j7n

Buster

• Members

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:28 PM Edited by j7n, 03 June 2013 - 09:30 PM.

There was really one outstanding issue: cars being moved around erratically, and then driven back into place if they happen to be placed backwards. I managed to narrow down the issue to frame rate. With the framerate limiter active (which prevents the game from going above 25 fps), the issue was never observed. My previous system couldn't go above about 20 fps, and less in Las Venturas.

My savegame was successfully "fixed" using the online tool. icon14.gif

What is the reason why the program isn't being offered for download? I believe it predates the "cloud" age...

Edit:

Paul Internet's program is very thorough and also fixed the problem.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users