Photo

GTA IV Multiplayer bluescreen of death

3 replies to this topic
CorporalBean675
  • CorporalBean675

Icaras

• Members

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:05 AM

Hey guys, I just got into this whole mutliplayer thing (after about 3 years of getting GTA IV) and now I'm greeted with a damn bluescreen of death just when I'm having so much fun. I've already lost a lot of rep from other players because they think I'm rage quitting when actually my computer suddenly turns off right in the middle of a game. Here are my computer's specs:

RAM: 2GB
Processer: Intel Pentium Dual Core E2220 @ 2.40 GHz (32 bits)
Video card: Geforce GT 220

I know it's probably the most low end PC you've come across in a long time but I've been playing GTA IV on med-low settings for quite a long while and nothing like this has ever happened so this was sudden. I've searched across the web for solutions but I've only come across solutions for normal GTA IV gameplay BSOD.

So if anyone can help me out, please do! Any help at all is appreciated. (Btw, my username on here is my LIVE ID. Just throwing it out there).

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Die Hoodrat DIE!!!

• Members

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:00 AM

take off the side of your PC and tell us if any of the fans are clogged with dust. sounds like temperature issues maybe. that or memory/hard drive issues... hopefully not your capacitors... who makes your pc? dell? what model?

CorporalBean675
  • CorporalBean675

Icaras

• Members

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:48 AM

Yeah I check out my PC's box and it was beyond just dusty. mercie_blink.gif

I cleaned out as much as possible and I'm about to test out GTA IV so I'll report back and see if the dust was what was causing the hiccups. Oh, and my PC's manufacturer is HP. It's a factory model.

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Die Hoodrat DIE!!!

• Members

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:00 AM

cool beans (pun not intended)... check the capacitors also. and because its been overheating, you may want to reapply the thermal paste. if you know how - if you don't here are some youtube videos:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCm8TK7S1Eo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users