Lagging Like Hell

14 replies to this topic
lol232
  • lol232

The Harwood Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:35 PM

Right, so today I started playing SA again after a 15-day break.
And all of sudden, on maxed out Resolution, Anti Aliasing Set to 3, Maxed out Draw distance, the game lags like hell!
And I literally always had it like that one with no problems whatsoever, so I don't think I need to tell my specs.
I need to know what happened and why did that occur. whatsthat.gif

Ugh, is there a way to fix that, so it can be normal once again?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:37 AM

Does game play improve when you change your settings to minimum?
• The first step when a sudden problem occurs is to delete the gta_sa.set file.
• Next consider if your System did an update of a driver (like Video) and the game doesn't like it.
• Check for Driver update and roll-back if necessary.
• Did you install (or adjust) another program that might be using background resources?
If your game is Warez/Torrent/Pirated maybe its time for the Free Virus to kick-in... Did you check for a virus?

lol232
  • lol232

The Harwood Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:01 AM

The game is not warez, it's not pirated.
So nah, no viruses.
I have legit V 1.0 and V 2.0 German, and I tried re-installing both (I don't have a normal V 2.0) and both of the games were lagging. I guess I'll try deleting gta_sa.set.
Anyway, I'll check for all straight away.

NCONiall
  • NCONiall

Alright Dave?

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:19 AM

Are you playing on a laptop by any chance?

lol232
  • lol232

The Harwood Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:25 AM

QUOTE (NCONiall @ Monday, Jun 3 2013, 11:19)
Are you playing on a laptop by any chance?

That's correct.

NCONiall
  • NCONiall

Alright Dave?

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:00 AM

Your laptop's power settings may be inhibiting its performance. Play the game as the laptop is charging, you should see a performance increase. If so;

1. Open you power settings (click the battery in the task-bar) and select high performance.

2. Underneath that click on more power options and click change plan settings beside high performance.

3. Click change advanced power settings and a menu will pop up.

4. Scroll down through the options until you see something like graphics power settings (for me it's ATI Graphics Power Settings).

5. Expand it until you get to plugged in and on battery options. Set both of these to maximum performance (plugged in should already be set to this).

6. Apply and close the menu. Every-time you want to play the game - and any other game for that matter - be sure to switch to high performance.

The game should run well without the need of a charger.

lol232
  • lol232

The Harwood Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:50 PM Edited by lol232, 03 June 2013 - 05:57 PM.

Nah, it didn't help that much,
it makes the game lag less but it didn't solve it, the game still looks messed up; the radar is messed up, the health bar is messed up, Carl's head is messed up:

http://i.imgur.com/ExcpFLb.jpg

lol232
  • lol232

The Harwood Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:48 PM

Almost half a month passed with no response, so I'll bump this.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:23 PM

Ok.
by chance did any drivers (video or audio) up-grade just before the problem?
If yes, roll-back to the originals.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:35 PM

You left out A LOT of information that is helpful in determining a solution to your problem, and they are:

What is your Processor?
What is the Processor Speed?
What is the Video card?
What is the Total Vram?
What is the Dedicated vram?
What is your OS?
Do you have the latest SP for the OS?
Any Screenshots OR Videos to prove the error/problem?

In addition, Did your PC do any driver updates via Windows Update? Cause if your PC did any automatic updates in that time, it might have updated video card drivers or DX drivers which might be messing with the game negatively?

That problem tends to happen with certain Video cards...I have 2(the Intel HD one that comes with the I5 processor) and an ATI Radeon HD5470 and used to be able to run this game on Medium and High settings with NO lag, but the last round of the Chain Game, I had to turn the Visual FX to Low to get no lag...This is on Windows 7 too...

lol232
  • lol232

The Harwood Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:38 PM

As I said, it is irrelevant since it worked before. (Well, I'm pretty sure it is)
I always used to set "Very High Visual FX" on the settings, Maxed out Draw Distance and maxed out Resolution (the max resolution my laptop can have).
Now I setting the settings to lowest as possible, and I still have the same problem.

My OS is Windows 7 x32 Bit.

I'm not sure about my drivers getting updates via Windows updates though.
How do I do roll-backs?

Also, I did post a picture before:

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:59 PM

The Laptop might be overheating/getting hot, when mine did that, SA would lag from 30/40FPS down to 10/15FPS.

To prevent this, try propping it up with something, and keep it in a cool/cold room, or atleast have a fan near or on it.

If the laptop gets loud when it starts to lag, try dusting the inside fan. (Be careful though, you could f*ck it up)

I'm not saying it's OH, but that could be a reason.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:40 PM

I always used to set "Very High Visual FX" on the settings, Maxed out Draw Distance and maxed out Resolution (the max resolution my laptop can have).

Are you trying to say there is that had an extra Visual FX setting in V1 that V2 and V3 did not have? Cause I have a legit V2 game, and according to this video I made, the highest the Visual FX goes is "High"-there is no "Very High"? Curious confused.gif

Also, since you have V1, I think you need the Official Patch for higher resolutions, as only V2 and V3 have the higher resolutions enabled?

However, IF you want higher settings without an impact to fps, you need to lower the resolution to no more than 1024X768, cause even though both my PC's have the ability to go to Full HD resolution wise, anything over 1024X768 with Medium or High Visual FX and AA will cause lag(and at times A LOT)....To get decent fps at higher resolutions, you have to turn AA OFF and set Visual FX to Low(you have to sacrifice one or the other i'm afraid and decide which is more important to you-higher settings vs. higher resolution?)...

lol232
  • lol232

The Harwood Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:46 PM

I managed to get the hands on V 1.0, yes.
It's a legit game; here's proof for the 'Extra visual FX quality':
http://i.imgur.com/UWxsjnh.png

Now I tried lowering everything down, the FPS is good, but I'm still having trouble with the game:
The same weird radar and health bar show up, which really annoys me.

I also tried setting the Frame limiter On and Off, no difference.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:02 PM

The same weird radar and health bar show up, which really annoys me.

From the photo you linked to, the ONLY thing I notice that is awkward is the half line that surrounds the radar-the health/armor/money/weapon icons look perfectly normal...

However, IF you are having low fps after a while, a simple restart of the computer should fix that, as sudden fps drops usually indicate a problem with the PC getting too hot/CPU bogging down-a problem with a lot of laptops...and a simple restart of PC should fix that...That is why when I play games on my laptop, I usually have the laptop on a hard surface...HTH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users