» «
Photo

CAR DOOR opens wrong (my CAR MOD)

7 replies to this topic
MrGTAmodsgerman
  • MrGTAmodsgerman

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:28 PM Edited by MrGTAmodsgerman, 02 June 2013 - 09:47 PM.

Hello guys
I try to make my new dream car mod but i pay for this model confused.gif

i want to make this model good but the doors of the car make a problem for me suicidal.gif
my Pivot on the car doors wasnt set good.
because this
user posted image

i want to have the door moving like a normal car door not like this

i hope any body can help my smile.gif
for every little help I would be very grateful

PLEASE REPLY AND SORRY FOR MY bad english blush.gif

I not only have this problem with the car but also a similar to the mature cryani.gif

i really hope you understand it

Tasso3D
  • Tasso3D

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:14 PM

I don't have much experience in 3ds, so, I'll try to help you using ZModeler

create a backup of the file dff, import the dff file in Zmodeler

use the tool "Reset to Parent" localized in Display>Local Axes>Reset to Parent and click over the door

I hope I've helped you

MrGTAmodsgerman
  • MrGTAmodsgerman

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:49 PM

QUOTE (Tasso3D @ Monday, Jun 3 2013, 14:14)

use the tool "Reset to Parent" localized in Display>Local Axes>Reset to Parent and click over the door

I hope I've helped you

oh man i have this funktions on 3ds max Thanks alot i will test it when i have the time and i answer again biggrin.gif thanks alot cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

I inlove.gif Gtaforums

MrGTAmodsgerman
  • MrGTAmodsgerman

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:21 PM

I hope I've helped you

i got reset the x form but now dont work when i try to reset the x form the door moves like in GTA San Andreas.Good but how i can change the x form standard i mean how to save the new
xform coordinates? wow.gif

RanxeroX
  • RanxeroX

Wielding Many Hats

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:26 AM

QUOTE (MrGTAmodsgerman @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 14:21)

I hope I've helped you

i got reset the x form but now dont work when i try to reset the x form the door moves like in GTA San Andreas.Good but how i can change the x form standard i mean how to save the new

To answer your question about 'Reset Xform', do the following: Select the door object, then move your mouse over the Reset Xform entry in the modifier list on the right side. Right-click on it and select 'Collapse All'. The Xform changes are now part of the door's parameters and will export properly.

And while I'm at it, to make changes to the pivot of any object: Select the object, click the Hierarchy tab on the right, select 'Affect Pivot Only' then modify it using move/rotate or other listed options as needed. Click 'Affect Pivot Only' again when finished with changes to turn it off.

Also, keep in mind that 3ds-Max has extensive help on any topic that you can access from within the program!

Good luck with your project!

MrGTAmodsgerman
  • MrGTAmodsgerman

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE (RanxeroX @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 06:26)
QUOTE (MrGTAmodsgerman @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 14:21)

I hope I've helped you

To answer your question about 'Reset Xform', do the following: Select the door object, then move your mouse over the Reset Xform entry in the modifier list on the right side. Right-click on it and select 'Collapse All'. The Xform changes are now part of the door's parameters and will export properly.

And while I'm at it, to make changes to the pivot of any object: Select the object, click the Hierarchy tab on the right, select 'Affect Pivot Only' then modify it using move/rotate or other listed options as needed. Click 'Affect Pivot Only' again when finished with changes to turn it off.

Also, keep in mind that 3ds-Max has extensive help on any topic that you can access from within the program!

Good luck with your project!

oh man i do it every time sad.gif the reset doesent fix the rotation,when i have the perfect rotation then i have the door moving like in the picture suicidal.gif

RanxeroX
  • RanxeroX

Wielding Many Hats

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:56 AM

QUOTE (MrGTAmodsgerman @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 10:35)

oh man i do it every time  sad.gif the reset doesent fix the rotation,when i have the perfect rotation then i have the door moving like in the picture suicidal.gif

For starters, are you placing the pivot in the right place? From your pictures, it doesn't look like it is! It must be placed in the position where you want the door to swing from... In other words, you align the pivot where you think the hinges of the door would be. Once you have that done, then you can start playing around with which way the axes must point for the door to swing properly. To change the axes, see my previous post on how.

Probably your best bet to set the axes up right is for you to load a working vehicle into your 3D editor and then see how it has the position and rotation of its door pivots placed. Then simply duplicate it for yours.

MrGTAmodsgerman
  • MrGTAmodsgerman

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:52 PM

QUOTE (RanxeroX @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 07:56)
QUOTE (MrGTAmodsgerman @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 10:35)

oh man i do it every time  sad.gif the reset doesent fix the rotation,when i have the perfect rotation then i have the door moving like in the picture suicidal.gif

For starters, are you placing the pivot in the right place? From your pictures, it doesn't look like it is! It must be placed in the position where you want the door to swing from... In other words, you align the pivot where you think the hinges of the door would be. Once you have that done, then you can start playing around with which way the axes must point for the door to swing properly. To change the axes, see my previous post on how.

Probably your best bet to set the axes up right is for you to load a working vehicle into your 3D editor and then see how it has the position and rotation of its door pivots placed. Then simply duplicate it for yours.

Unfortunately, you've got it wrong sad.gif If the pivot is set like in another car then the door is located at the wrong move because the pivot is rotated, so the standard of the pivot is different
normally with proper implementation of the pivot is yes, the door is right on rise,this is adjusted at the door suicidal.gif

i hope you understand me smile.gif

comment please confused.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users