It's Late, You're Bored

20 replies to this topic
Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:29 PM

Just like the title says. It's late, you're bored. Where would you go?

I usually like to roll a joint and then drive a bit out of London and smoke my joint while sitting by the Thames.

The main reason behind making this topic is actually to get some ideas. It's been awhile since I've driven just for the sake of driving, and I'm really bored of the usual spots I go to. I'm planning on taking a drive later tonight, just see where the road takes me.

Garfield 2
  • Garfield 2

BMW Maniac

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:33 PM

Either drive down to the local field, park on the grass and enjoy the stars or just have a blast down the motorway.

Lurch
  • Lurch

Yeah...pretty much.

• The Connection
  • NATO
  • Best Contributor [Vehicles] 2012

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:51 PM

Scenic routes along the river. Windows down, sunroof open with some chill music playing is my thing.

Chris CJ Jakobsson
  • Chris CJ Jakobsson

Homie

• Members

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:03 PM

I would take my Volvo (the 744GLE, not V50) to the forest for a bit of rallying... biggrin.gif

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:20 PM

If I had a car I'd probably drive to the coast and go to a beach or harbour and watch the sun set and ships sailing off in into the sunset

Pavlov
  • Pavlov

For your eyes only

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:22 PM

Did that a bit earlier today. Off to see a small french village with 8 huge french mansions/castles from lat 19th century. Backroads, not a bad experience.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:06 PM

What were you driving Pav?

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:57 PM

I don't often drive for the sake of driving but when I do, I usually take either my mate's 1970 Buick GSX or his 1970 Mustang Boss (he's a collector of classic muscle cars), and take the scenic route. Have been wanting to buy me a good muscle car for years now, but my fianceť thinks differently about it.

Wolf of Badenoch
  • Wolf of Badenoch

Invisible....

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:33 PM Edited by Valenta, 03 June 2013 - 07:30 AM.

From Faifley to Crianlarich, the gateway to the Scottish Highlands.
user posted image
Just to take in the scenery.

Pavlov
  • Pavlov

For your eyes only

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:49 AM

QUOTE (Outcast @ Sunday, Jun 2 2013, 22:06)
What were you driving Pav?

STI

Daniel4
  • Daniel4

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

Have you been to Box Hill Outcast?

Zyo
  • Zyo

Homie

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:27 PM

From Faifley to Crianlarich, the gateway to the Scottish Highlands.

When I lived in Stirling I had a MK2 Golf GTI, and I used to love the Callender road up to Crianlarich. One night about midnight I went up that way and just kept driving on and on. Glencoe, Ben Nevis, all the way up Loch Ness (no monster that night) on to Inverness where I turned around and came back down the A9 to Perth, which used to be a great driving road (Its all cameras now). I got back into Stirling just as the sun was coming up. Epic.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:28 PM

No, but I just took a look on Google Maps and it seems quite nice. Not too far from me, about an hours drive away.

Carlover325
  • Carlover325

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:03 AM

I'll drive to the beach to enjoy the waves. Sometimes in the water, sometimes just on the sand.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Empty Pleasures and Desperate Measures since 1994

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:08 AM

Stow-on-the-Wold/Chipping Norton/Shipton-under-Wychwood/Bourton-on-the-Water/Wynchcombe/Lower Swell loop for me, avoiding the A44 and A436. A 50-mile loop of rural B-roads and unregistered single-lane tracks.

waleed123x
  • waleed123x

Elite Sniper

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:24 PM

an abandoned airfield in my shelby gt500 for some burnouts!! that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

A J
  • A J

Use your Illusion

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:56 PM

I feel like I'm constantly driving to and from work, one hour there, one hour back around bendy B roads and right through an area of outstanding natural beauty. The idea of driving for leisure just doesn't appeal, plus I still got a sh*t car, and I'm yet to find that Subaru or BMW bored.gif .
I like driving through Snowdonia though, something about drivng through mountainous scenery is brilliant, just a pity there are too many cyclists in the way. lol.gif
I'd like to drive up to Scotland and see the highlands and scenery there too.

What are some great roads abroad?

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Empty Pleasures and Desperate Measures since 1994

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:42 PM Edited by sivispacem, 06 June 2013 - 09:02 PM.

QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 20:56)
What are some great roads abroad?

The Stelvio Pass (North Italy, in the Eastern Alps) is the best I've ever been on. Rode in the glorious sunshine on a remarkably cool early September afternoon a few years ago on a heavily modified Triumph TT600. More fun than the Nuburgring IMO.
user posted image

There are also various small Swiss, German and Austrian unregistered B-roads which form part of various stages of the Berg Cup road hillclimbs. They're amazing roads.

Also, returning to the UK, the Cat and Fiddle road between Buxton and Knutsford, before they littered the thing with average speed cameras
user posted image

The Forest of Dean loop around Cinderford is great too, but they've got crafty with hiding camera vans in the woods. Basically a miniature Nurburgring with better road surfaces and less traffic, but fewer hairpins and more sheep.
user posted image

Box Hill was good too until they ruined it with speed humps.

Zyo
  • Zyo

Homie

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (sivispacem)
The Stelvio Pass

Looks like a quality road. I remember they featured it on Top Gear a few years back, looked fantastic then. I have crossed the alps loads of times in the area but never had the chance to go up on that particular pass.

I dont usually like driving in Italy but I always enjoyed the Milan-Genova A7 highway after about Stazzano it goes in to a great descent down to the coast with spectacular tight 2 lane turns. When it is quiet it is one of my favorite roads in the world.

Also in the same area the A8 Monte Carlo/Menton/Nice area is a quality blast along the coast.
user posted image

Col du Tourmalet is a great drive in the Pyrenees. Its a pretty famous stage on the Tour de France and there can be a few cyclists on it on sunny days. But half the year it is under 10 feet of snow.
user posted image

Up north, Norway has a few good roads. there is one road on the way to Bergen on the coast that is quite amazing. It goes way up above the snowline and there is often snow on the ground in June and July, theres a tunnel that goes on for about 18 miles (which just does your head in) and another mad corkscrew tunnel in the middle of a mountain, the descent is hundreds of metres. Also theres Fjords. Theyre cool too.

This road is actually called "The Troll Ladder" biggrin.gif
user posted image

Mr.Mister
  • Mr.Mister

Capt. Downtown

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:14 PM Edited by Mr.Mister, 06 June 2013 - 11:17 PM.

I drive a 98 Grand Cherokee.

Countless times I do a burn ride on this road (Anthony Henday Drive). It goes about 340 degrees around the city

user posted image

Sometimes I head out west and cruise around the slopes downtown.

user posted image

*Bonus* South Western Alberta

user posted image

Drumheller. Famous dinosaur excavation site user posted image

Andorra. Did this in 2006. Country wedged between Spain and France. user posted image

A J
  • A J

Use your Illusion

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:47 PM

Very cool of you guys to speak so much about these brilliant scenic drives abroad, I'm not that well travelled and the idea of hiring a vehicle abroad is off putting especially after the experience of italian taxi drivers going up Vesuvius in Naples! but I know I've just got to atleast try one of these roads mentioned here. Thanks all.

My drive to work involves going around a road called, 'The Horseshoe Pass', popular with motorcyclists and unfortunately cyclists too.

Southern West Alberta looks a really nice place .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users