Quantcast

» «
Photo

Should men be able to hit women in self defense?

81 replies to this topic
universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Verrekte Mongol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:53 PM

So the other night, I was arguing with some chick on facebook on the topic of men never ever hitting women, ever. While I do agree that people shouldn't bust out of the bushes and start wailing on people unprovoked or anything, but I do believe in self defense. So anyway, she says "no man should ever hit a woman" and I replied "only in self defense they should", and she was all like "not even" and I was all like "what if they put a gun in your face and tried to rob you" and she said "give her your wallet", and I asked why a man can hit another man in self defense, but a man can't hit a woman in self defense, and she said "it's a respect standard". So what do you guys think on the topic, should men be able to hit women in self defense?

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:06 PM

Men DO hit women in self defense.

Sam97
  • Sam97

=AoD=

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:07 PM

To be honest, I see hitting women the same as hitting men. The only situation where I am likely to hit somebody is in self defence, I wouldn't start a fight over anything less. So yeah, if a woman tried to mug me I wouldn't have a problem fighting back but I would try not to go overboard, there is a big difference between getting her to the point where she runs away from the fight and the point where you bust her jaw. In a nutshell, only hit women in self defence and don't use more force than necessary.

Hitting a woman in any case other than self defence is wrong though, the same goes for hitting men.

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:11 PM

In my opinion if something like that were to happen you would have to counter it, if there's no chance in doing that then yeah I would hit a woman.

guib
  • guib

Do you hear the Whisper Men? The Whisper Men Are Near.

• Members

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:23 PM

Only in self defense...

stu
  • stu

I drink it up

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:28 PM

Yes, but I draw the line at nunchucks.

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:35 PM

Yes indeed OP. The problem, in America at least, is that society wants to be politically correct and thus, "no man should NEVER hit a woman." I have to say that I disagree with that. If a woman initiates contact and hits you first out of anger or a disagreement, the man is supposed to sit there and take the hits, repeatedly, without reacting. What's worse is that women actually use this as a reason to put hands on a man. "Oh I know he ain't gonna hit a woman so I'm good."

It reminds me of that Cleveland Bus Driver video. The girl is arguing with the driver, and she hits him FIRST, while none of the other passengers are saying anything. The minute he uppercuts the girl, one passenger is in the background saying "that's a f*cking female!" Ridiculous.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:39 PM

OP, forget that bitch, her opinion is retarded.

I would have absolutely no problem hitting a girl in self defence, i'd full on beat her up if i had to.

Respect would be a woman not trying to mug a man/hit a man in the first place, so self defence is just a natural reaction, nothing to do with the lack of respect.

LifeWithScissors
  • LifeWithScissors

Veni Vidi Vici

• Members

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:41 PM

I'd hit the woman with my dick so yes that would be an act of self defense.

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

Bring the Pain

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:44 PM

I won't hit a woman, but I will most certainly knock a bitch out.

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE (GTA_stu @ Sunday, Jun 2 2013, 17:28)

Are cactuses acceptable? I find them pretty useful to discipline women with, but do they fall above the threshold?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Verrekte Mongol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Sunday, Jun 2 2013, 12:39)

I told her that and she blocked me. Want me to post the conversation here? I screencapped it.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Sunday, Jun 2 2013, 17:48)

I told her that and she blocked me. Want me to post the conversation here? I screencapped it.

haha, yes please.

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:51 PM

As I always say when these kind of arguments arise; women asked and fought for equal rights, if they want to dish out a load of abuse and hit men, then the man can hit the woman back. They fought to be treated equal, so therefore they will be treated equal.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Verrekte Mongol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Sunday, Jun 2 2013, 12:50)
QUOTE (universetwisters @ Sunday, Jun 2 2013, 17:48)

haha, yes please.

Here you are, amigo. Sorry for any page stretch:

user posted image

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:54 PM

People forget that domestic violence is just as big of an issue for men as well as women, people get seriously injured and even killed by women in many cases, as much as society has taught us to laugh at that idea as being ridiculous 'cause, you know 'women are weak' and all that.

Why would you go out of your way to hit anyone if you aren't protecting yourself anyway? I don't go out on the street and start beating the sh*t out of the first male I see, nor females or children. To do that to anyone is seriosuly stupid and obviously wrong. If I was in danger, from anyone, I have every right to defend myself and there is no reason why I shouldn't use force to prevent an attack.

Chris Fromage
  • Chris Fromage

Homie

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Sunday, Jun 2 2013, 16:53)
... I was all like "what if they put a gun in your face and tried to rob you" and she said "give her your wallet", ...

I always had the opinion to only hit people when you can't do anything else. Not only for woman but also for man.
But this... Her answer... suicidal.gif
I couldn't believe my eyes at first when reading that...

stu
  • stu

I drink it up

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE (PrometheusX @ Sunday, Jun 2 2013, 17:47)

Are cactuses acceptable? I find them pretty useful to discipline women with, but do they fall above the threshold?

They fall into a category I like to call "spiny objects". They're in there along with hedgehogs, porcupines and your general purpose sewing kit. If a woman is being aggressive and violent enough, I say go ahead and assault her with a porcupine.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:39 PM

Jesus Christ she's that f*cking dumb no offense? Damn..

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

hello b0ss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:47 PM

If my fiancÚ hits me for a bullsh*t reason, I'll hit her right back. Just because she has a vagina, it does not exempt her from getting a proper punishment like a man would receive.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:59 PM

I've always been a pacifist because I'd rather not be charged with assault. However, if push came to shove and I had to defend myself from a woman I would have no hesitation hitting back.

The Scottish Guy
  • The Scottish Guy

Toasty!

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE (GTA_stu @ Sunday, Jun 2 2013, 18:18)
If a woman is being aggressive and violent enough, I say go ahead and assault her with a porcupine.

Now there's an image.

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2K14

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE (theNGclan @ Sunday, Jun 2 2013, 21:47)
If my fiancÚ hits me for a bullsh*t reason, I'll hit her right back. Just because she has a vagina, it does not exempt her from getting a proper punishment like a man would receive.

I'd feel sorry for your fiance but she might have the same mentality as you. I don't think hitting someone back is OK (regardless of gender) unless it's self defense. If you don't refrain from acting on impulse (rage) you will have other problems later on most likely. Arguments can escalate easily if you are not willing to control yourself, and even small arguments can lead to emotional "wounds".

I've seen this sort of thing happen with many couples. The ego gets in the way of the relationship very often for a lot of people, even with the smallest things. Most arguments are meaningless anyway and can be dealt with in a calm manner generally. What I'm trying to say is, if you are taking your relationship seriously and you want to make it work, you should watch what you say and do. Even if the other person doesn't seem to be trying as hard as you, you should always try to be the better person.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE (theNGclan @ Sunday, Jun 2 2013, 14:47)

"Punishment"? What did she do? Come at you with a knife? Assault is to be used only when you have to defend yourself. Flailing your arms around at your fiancee when you get frustrated makes you sound like a toddler having a temper-tantrum.

Gray Wolf
  • Gray Wolf

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (XxArtfullxX)
To be honest, I see hitting women the same as hitting men. The only situation where I am likely to hit somebody is in self defence, I wouldn't start a fight over anything less. So yeah, if a woman tried to mug me I wouldn't have a problem fighting back but I would try not to go overboard, there is a big difference between getting her to the point where she runs away from the fight and the point where you bust her jaw. In a nutshell, only hit women in self defence and don't use more force than necessary.

Hitting a woman in any case other than self defence is wrong though, the same goes for hitting men.

Pretty much this but if it's domestic violence it's best to keep her under control or avoid the conflicts as it can land you into trouble just as much, the thing is "i hit him/her back in self defense" is a very common and over used excuse in domestic violence or any other form of conflict therefore it's always best to avoid or engage in such things, do what is necessary, it would save you the hassle icon14.gif

Keep cool, continue and move on

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

hello b0ss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:31 PM

"Punishment"? What did she do? Come at you with a knife? Assault is to be used only when you have to defend yourself. Flailing your arms around at your fiancee when you get frustrated makes you sound like a toddler having a temper-tantrum.

I'd feel sorry for your fiance but she might have the same mentality as you. I don't think hitting someone back is OK (regardless of gender) unless it's self defense. If you don't refrain from acting on impulse (rage) you will have other problems later on most likely. Arguments can escalate easily if you are not willing to control yourself, and even small arguments can lead to emotional "wounds".

I've seen this sort of thing happen with many couples. The ego gets in the way of the relationship very often for a lot of people, even with the smallest things. Most arguments are meaningless anyway and can be dealt with in a calm manner generally. What I'm trying to say is, if you are taking your relationship seriously and you want to make it work, you should watch what you say and do. Even if the other person doesn't seem to be trying as hard as you, you should always try to be the better person.

As I stated before, if she attempts to hit me for any reason (Unless I deserve it. For like cheating or something like that), I hit her back if she attempts to continue. I'm not going to just harm her if she was just upset and hits me. But if escalates where she doesn't stop, that is when I'll take action. A gender does not exempt you from being hit. Women want all the rights men get, they can also get this.

EDIT: It's not like I'd you know, HIT her with one of my fists. The worst would be grabbing her arms and forcing her to the ground. That'd at least stop her although it could hurt her.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:34 PM

QUOTE (PrometheusX @ Sunday, Jun 2 2013, 18:47)

I believe the plural of cactus is cacti. And yes, they are acceptable.

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:15 PM

If Someone is threatening you and and you have the option to defend yourself, it's open season on them imo.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:16 PM

They should... but only in self defense.

Not if she pisses you off or anything

Fisciletti
  • Fisciletti

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:23 PM

Of course.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users