Photo

territories (PS2)

24 replies to this topic
stangone50
  • stangone50

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:30 PM Edited by stangone50, 02 June 2013 - 03:23 PM.

Hello I have 60 territories and the vagos have one

im sure this has been gone over before but its killin me

I checked bayside marina and its already green also checked avispa country club I don't see any yellow ...Are there 2 territories in bayside marina ?

I checked marina and commerce which both look like a really light green and have not seen any vagos and since I only need one I don't think its either of those But is that spot under a bridge people talk about the one in commerce where the hiways intersect ?

are there any other areas I should check ????
I saw one thread with pics but the pics were down

I must have exploited the territory glitch at one time which if you start with 57? I guess I added 4 territories . Is there any particular order the new territories spawn as you exploit this glitch ??? since I only have 4 extra it would have to be one of the first 4 newly added territories if this is so
thanks guys

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:56 PM

There is a Tiny square zone just below the #88 on the bridge approach.
user posted image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

stangone50
  • stangone50

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:38 PM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Sunday, Jun 2 2013, 12:56)
There is a Tiny square zone just below the #88 on the bridge approach.
user posted image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

im looking at it now all green sad.gif

Also how many shades of green should I be able to see ???
If commerce and marina are low density areas and are in fact light green I can see 3 shades of green . If they are yellow then I only have 2 shades of green ...

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:59 PM

I've never really paid much attention to shades.
The other V zones are fairly large. I can't think of any that wouldn't be obvious.
But, if any of your green areas have a shade of 'Grey' it might have been a lost zone (undefended).
Check your stats to see if your number of held is less than the number of taken.

stangone50
  • stangone50

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:09 PM Edited by stangone50, 02 June 2013 - 06:57 PM.

territories taken over 76
territory under control 98.36%
territories held 60

on the map I do see 2 grey areas one in east los santos and one in Jefferson . All there surrounding areas are green .

But, if any of your green areas have a shade of 'Grey' it might have been a lost zone (undefended).
Check your stats to see if your number of held is less than the number of taken.

does this mean I have 16 territories than went undefended ? would I have to go back and start wars in all those territories ? how would I find them ?

Id like to thank everyone but I found the answer .
My stats said I had 1 vagos territory remaining .
So I went by commerce because it looked yellowish ... I drove around saw some ballas got in the yellowish territory killed them and nothing happened .
Then I went back saw the ballas again but this time I went across the street to pershing square which had no color that I could see .... I killed them and started my last gang war . It was only 1 wave and my stats went to 100% territory controlled

I wonder if this happened to others .. I don't know why I had to kill ballas to get control over the last vagos territory

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:46 PM

Do you play on the PS2, PS3, XBOX or PC?

What glitches or codes did you use to enable these additional territories?

It's difficult to give a thorough answer to your questions without knowing this information.

stangone50
  • stangone50

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE (GTASAddict @ Sunday, Jun 2 2013, 21:46)
Do you play on the PS2, PS3, XBOX or PC?

What glitches or codes did you use to enable these additional territories?

It's difficult to give a thorough answer to your questions without knowing this information.

answered my own question thanks : o)

I play on a ps2 . I don't use any codes or cheats . I just did the flying off the map glitch ...

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:40 PM

Okay, I've used this method on the PS2 many a times. The longer you fly out for, the more territories you will acquire. They typically begin in the Hashbury, Ocean Flats, Bayside Marina areas, then other areas of San Fierro; then the badlands; then the desert; then Los Santos; then Las Venturas. All are low density, hence the single wave with 9mm's & bats. With this method, the most that can arise is around 170, though there are other ways to get 380. The cool thing about these territories is they don't come under attack; rivals need at least 1 medium density territory for that. It always amazed me how killing Ballas in a Vagos territory or killing Vagos in a Ballas territory still triggered a war.

A very useful map (not by me) to illustrate all zones: http://pdescobar.hom...zone_mapper.png though you may need to click on it twice to zoom in.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:28 AM

stangone50 : Were you able to trigger wars in the Gray Zones?
At what point are you the game (What was the last mission)?

stangone50
  • stangone50

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:44 AM Edited by stangone50, 03 June 2013 - 10:51 AM.

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Monday, Jun 3 2013, 02:28)
stangone50 : Were you able to trigger wars in the Gray Zones?
At what point are you the game (What was the last mission)?

I have done all the story missions now I am just finishing up the side missions to get to 100% Im at about 83.something now

I did look for gangs in the grey area of Jefferson but did not see any .
But like I said the last territory turned out to be pershing square which I could see no color .
I swear commerce and marina still look yellow but there are no more territories .They must be very low density areas that are really the lightest shade of green .
Luckily them looking yellow was what led me to pershing square or else I would have never found it

another thing I noticed ... I had loaded an earlier game to see if I was missing anything and the area in los santos where the race flag is at one time was a yellow area .. In my most recent save game it shows the area as Grey no colors . im gonna load an earlier game today and check if I see color in pershing square ...

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:17 PM Edited by lil weasel, 04 June 2013 - 06:16 PM.

If you're not ready to start over, just go about the missions that need to be completed:
You don't need to take all the war zones for 100% completion.

To start a war in a zone that doesn't have foes use the sniper-rifle to pickoff three foes in view that are standing in other zones. Have CJ standing facing away from the area where you might want them to be in.
Example: Jefferson Motel. Go to the roof and stand on one of the Air Conditioners above the stairs. Then face to the front of the building. Wait a few minutes (real time). turn around and there should be three foes on the sidewalk below, if they haven't attacked CJ first.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:58 PM

Just to point out, if you glitched new territories in rural (badlands, desert) areas, gangs won't spawn there even if they own the territory without rezoning codes or cheats.

Also, the glitch method you used can spark Grove, Ballas & Vagos to share territory with Rifas, Aztecas, Triads and Da Nang boys. You can't trigger a war with those gangs without codes of this nature, to exemplify: http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1062555004

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:23 PM

You should try the satchel trick, its alot better.

But it does require patience, and I think its better than flying way off the map.

stangone50
  • stangone50

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:14 AM

Thanks again guys but I figured it out as per the 4th post .
Wasn't tryin to do the glitch just by accident I guess .
I haven't seen a single balla or vagos since I got 100%control of territories nor have any gang attempted to take over any territory

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:15 AM

Ruth, you hold the satchel method in such high regard. Why? It's the most time consuming method for just 1 area. The flying off the map method takes about the same time (a few hours) to fulfill, though it entails several instead of 1. However, Rics codes entail dozens (sometimes hundreds) of territories in the 10 minutes it takes to enter the codes.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE (stangone50 @ Wednesday, Jun 5 2013, 00:14)
Thanks again guys but I figured it out as per the 4th post .
Wasn't tryin to do the glitch just by accident I guess .
I haven't seen a single balla or vagos since I got 100%control of territories nor have any gang attempted to take over any territory

That is what is expected. Once the territories are 100% in GSfamilies hands there is no more opposition to be had.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:27 AM

As I understand, Ballas & Vagos will attack any territory in accordance with density prerequisites; if Grove yields a minimum density of 16 whereas the adversaries require a minimum of 20 in a separate territory. The fly off the map and satchel method only trigger densities of 14 regardless, which isn't enough. Natural territories all yield 29. Going beyond 29 will require codes. There are codes that enable gang wars with Rifas, Aztecas, etc.

Note: The term "density" addresses how much of a stronghold a particularly territory is (not the quantity of territories), for those of you who don't know.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:50 AM

Turfs that are glitched by flying off the map can only add a density of 1, but it could add a density of 1 for each gang, included the unused gangs. IIRC, the grove density earned from the satchel trick is only 10, for a maximum of 55 if the glitch is repeated (or a normal defense). Variations on the glitch that lets the Vagos or Ballas survive will grant them varying degrees of density depending on how many survive. Not everyone has a cheat disk, or wants to use editors or codes. The satchel variations work on all versions except, apparently, Xbox. All of the glitches have their strengths.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:21 AM

Turfs that are glitched by flying off the map can only add a density of 1, but it could add a density of 1 for each gang, included the unused gangs.

I almost beg to differ. Having brewed territories yielding densities of 1 through Rics codes, I never noticed any gang (even the unused gangs) spawning at all, though the map turned the corresponding color. The opposite (spawning occurrences) is true with the flying off the map glitch.

Not everyone has a cheat disk, or wants to use editors or codes.

Just putting it out there for those unaware of such possibilities.

IIRC, the grove density earned from the satchel trick is only 10, for a maximum of 55 if the glitch is repeated (or a normal defense).

Not sure 55 is the maximum, considering Ric brewed territories with a density of 63. He never went beyond; therefore, 63 must be the highest that won't crash the game. Or maybe, just the highest he ventured to go.

Variations on the glitch that lets the Vagos or Ballas survive will grant them varying degrees of density depending on how many survive.

Not sure what you're getting at. To make the satchel method work, no adversaries are to survive upon detonation.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:39 AM

If you look at a flight-glitched save with an editor it's a lot easier to see which gangs have been added and where.

I suppose I could look up my notes on the matter, but defending a turf, which is what the satchel glitch is usually about, is capped at 55 for grove.

ric's codes often add 0x63, which is 99 decimal. The maximum is 255 (0xFF) and won't crash the game, but if more is added it will roll over. 255 + 1 will roll the byte over to 0. ric limits the total density to prevent the roll over.

The satchel trick exploits the 3rd kill feature of the gang war routine. It moves the turf thinking a gang war is going to start. You can kill 3 ballas or vagos anywhere to move the turf, they don't need to be the attackers; the more that survive the more density they get. If CJ triggers the attack and runs away then the attackers gain density. CJ can then start a war to gain more density than normally available through the standard satchel trick.

For more information check out the post linked below. This is where ric learned most of the tricks he's using in his gang war codes. Be warned though, this was an investigative topic; we learned a lot as the topic progresses, but we never really summed up the finding in a coherent form.
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=472819

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:11 AM

QUOTE (GTASAddict @ Wednesday, Jun 5 2013, 00:15)
Ruth, you hold the satchel method in such high regard. Why? It's the most time consuming method for just 1 area. The flying off the map method takes about the same time (a few hours) to fulfill, though it entails several instead of 1. However, Rics codes entail dozens (sometimes hundreds) of territories in the 10 minutes it takes to enter the codes.

Pardon me for trying to help the Guy out, to get more territories. confused.gif

Like Orion said. Not everybody has a code disc or PC to get all territories.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:33 AM

I understand that he wants to finish off the current zones NOT add more.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:58 AM Edited by GTASAddict, 06 June 2013 - 12:54 PM.

@Ruth: Never mind, just never mind.

@Orion: Very informative; it appears many of this can be arranged without codes. Still, good luck increasing densities without codes once the "territories under control: 100%" stat is reached, in Stangone50's case.

Pinning this was bad judgment. Why's this pinned? Good, now it's unpinned.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Wednesday, Jun 5 2013, 04:33)
I understand that he wants to finish off the current zones NOT add more.

I understand that Weas.

Just giving the Guy options smile.gif

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:20 PM

The awesome thing about glitched territories is they won't be confiscated upon completion of Green Sabre.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users