SUPER laggy on my pc HELP

11 replies to this topic
vampirejacob
  • vampirejacob

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:54 AM

Thanks for looking into my topic i need HELP

when ever try to play GTA 4 it runs PERFECT but...as it goes on it gets laggier...and then....laggier and.....then.....laaaaaggggiiiiieeeeerrrrr and there seems to be no solution....i did submit a ticket to Rockstar but all they said was that you can't run it on windows 7...and i don't see how running it on windows 7 can be my big problem.......and my specs do PASS...kind of lol

graphics card is Geforce GT 335 m (using a crappy alienware mxr 11 tounge.gif )

my processor is intel i5 CPU U 520 @ 1.07 GHz 1.07 GHz

and i have 4GB of ram tounge.gif

(yes 64 bit)

and i CANNOT switch my video card aka DELL must do it lol

(yes i did the turn off key logger and that trick to run it on windows 7)

i got the game on steam (yes steam takes up memory i know)

(don't even get me started on multiplayer lol i just get kicked right away)

HELP!!!!!

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Weekend Answerer

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:27 AM

so the game correctly recognizes the video card (GT 335m)? and yes, lazy as rockstar will not help you if you tell them you are using windows 7 (lol tounge.gif ).
and learn how to write the name of your laptop correctly (lol tounge.gif ) : Dell Alienware M11x-R2
http://www.notebookc...or.25719.0.html
http://www.notebookc...ok.33845.0.html
gta iv generally likes quad cores with high clock speeds (lol tounge.gif ) so you have to turn your settings down: shadows low or off, vehicles slider set to 1, that sort of thing. you are not supposed to be playing gta iv on a laptop. and get a notebook cooler (lol tounge.gif ) .

vampirejacob
  • vampirejacob

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:21 AM

QUOTE (unc13bud @ Sunday, Jun 2 2013, 02:27)
so the game correctly recognizes the video card (GT 335m)? and yes, lazy as rockstar will not help you if you tell them you are using windows 7 (lol tounge.gif ).
and learn how to write the name of your laptop correctly (lol tounge.gif ) : Dell Alienware M11x-R2
http://www.notebookc...or.25719.0.html
http://www.notebookc...ok.33845.0.html
gta iv generally likes quad cores with high clock speeds (lol tounge.gif ) so you have to turn your settings down: shadows low or off, vehicles slider set to 1, that sort of thing. you are not supposed to be playing gta iv on a laptop. and get a notebook cooler (lol tounge.gif ) .

i know i shouldn't be but it DOES pass lol and yes i have done ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL of that PLUS download all of these low quality mods and such they all just don't help and i was going to get a cooler master to put under it but...i'm getting conflicted to whether just build a new pc or buy a ps4

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Weekend Answerer

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:59 PM

you can do either of those, becuase it sounds like you want to play it on high settings anyway. you done downloaded and installed mods now, no one can predict what those things do to every system they are installed on, thats why i say rockstar should allow us more configuration right from the dog's mouth. post a screenshot of your graphic settings.

vampirejacob
  • vampirejacob

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:28 PM Edited by vampirejacob, 02 June 2013 - 09:31 PM.

QUOTE (unc13bud @ Sunday, Jun 2 2013, 12:59)
you can do either of those, becuase it sounds like you want to play it on high settings anyway. you done downloaded and installed mods now, no one can predict what those things do to every system they are installed on, thats why i say rockstar should allow us more configuration right from the dog's mouth. post a screenshot of your graphic settings.

user posted image

that's what i PREFER you can tell me otherwise though and this is without modification....and yes i need definition lol that's what i hated about the console version

if you want me to change anything or add anything or modify anything just tell me lol i'm desperate because i love GTA and i would love to see it mobile on my notebook XD

http://www.amazon.co...d=ATVPDKIKX0DER

would that be a good cooler for my notebook?

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Weekend Answerer

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:02 AM Edited by unc13bud, 03 June 2013 - 12:04 AM.

you gotta go a bit lower to reduce the CPU\GPU effort, then after you satisfied with the frame rate - you can work your way back up, changing settings that are most important to you.
turn reflections off, turn water quality to low, turn shadows quality off or low, vehicles slider to 1
and a memrestrict commandline for 256mb cards might help also, check frequently asked questions at the top of forum for a better explanation about commandlines. good luck.

vampirejacob
  • vampirejacob

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE (unc13bud @ Monday, Jun 3 2013, 00:02)
you gotta go a bit lower to reduce the CPU\GPU effort, then after you satisfied with the frame rate - you can work your way back up, changing settings that are most important to you.
turn reflections off, turn water quality to low, turn shadows quality off or low, vehicles slider to 1
and a memrestrict commandline for 256mb cards might help also, check frequently asked questions at the top of forum for a better explanation about commandlines. good luck.

thanks for the help

Jamees
  • Jamees

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:24 AM

Hey i have a problem my gta iv wont start up it did till i done the update 1.0.7.0 then when i installed it and tryed to run it . it never open or start all i got was the wee black screen on the top left comer of my screen and then the wee disk sign and that is it i try re installing it about 10 times and it wont open with the new update i dont know what the problem is and i watched every youtube video related but still no luck so i was wondering if one of you guys could help me out and my computer is a

acer aspireM3910

processor intel® core ™i3 cpu 550 3.20GHz

installed memory RAM 3.00gb

system type 64-bit

windows 7

so please help and as you can tell im new to this confused.gif

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Weekend Answerer

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:06 AM

Hey i have a problem my gta iv wont start up it did till i done the update 1.0.7.0 then when i installed it and tryed to run it.

why you have to patch it to 1.0.7.0? you got me smelling bootleg game already. we won't help with pirated games here. plus this page
http://panam.acer.co...eM3910sp2.shtml
has all kinds of components, what is your videocard?

Jamees
  • Jamees

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE (unc13bud @ Monday, Jun 3 2013, 02:06)
Hey i have a problem my gta iv wont start up it did till i done the update 1.0.7.0 then when i installed it and tryed to run it.

why you have to patch it to 1.0.7.0? you got me smelling bootleg game already. we won't help with pirated games here. plus this page
http://panam.acer.co...eM3910sp2.shtml
has all kinds of components, what is your videocard?

[QUOTE]you got me smelling bootleg game already. we won't help with pirated games here.

i actually just bought it out of game (gaming shop in uk ) and the only reason i done the upgrade was becasue when i try to put cars and stuff in the old patch it never work so i thought the update might make it work now it wont run gta iv and i not put any mods or anything i cant even play gta anyway and my videocard sh*t is

intel® HD Graphics ( Core i3 )

Dollarhide
  • Dollarhide

Original Pimp

• Members

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:38 AM

@Jamees - perhaps you revoked your license after 10 reinstalls... Alternatively you can buy and download already patched version from Steam (Google it.)

@vampire

With hot weather computers tend to work slower aswell. In cold winter months I have always better performance in games than in summer months.

There really is no notable performance difference between low and medium textures. If you turn everything down, then your game will look like sh*t - it doesn't even look like GTAIV. I'd recommend to set all textures and shadows to "medium," including night shadows. And setting 50 view distance and 50 detail distance. VSync ON will deliver a richer picture quality with just a minor performance penalty.

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Weekend Answerer

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:13 AM

i cant even play gta anyway and my videocard sh*t is intel® HD Graphics ( Core i3 )

you have to use memrestrict commandlines, and then it still may not work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users