Quantcast

» «
Photo

I have a few questions.

7 replies to this topic
TheMisanthrope
  • TheMisanthrope

Lend me your brain, I'm building an idiot.

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:05 PM

I know this isn't a place to be posting this as it isn't about GTA: V in general but as long as I get an answer or two or any help it would be greatly appreciated.
I've always been a console gamer and to be honest I have never owned a PC. I have but one of those dinosaur motherf*ckers that's slow while even searching the web.

Now I love my PS3, I always will enjoy console gaming. I never understood console wars it's all about personal preferance. BUT if GTA: V does in fact come out for the PC I'm seriously considering buying a computer.
Now that is where I'm completely lost I don't know a single thing about a PC. So, my question is where do I start? Is it as simple as just dishing out a lot of money on a gaming PC of anykind? Or do I buy a cheap normal PC and build my own? If it's as easy as just buying a computer which would be the cheapest one that will be decent enough to work? I know it's probably hard to explain over the internet but like i said any help at all will be appreciated.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• England

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:08 PM

Moved to Tech & PC chat forum, as you will get much more neutral advice there icon14.gif

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:10 PM

If you know how to buy a PC, decent parts and how to put it all together properly then by all means go for it, it's better and more custom to your liking than just buying an alienware.

TheMisanthrope
  • TheMisanthrope

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE (Kirsty @ Friday, May 31 2013, 19:08)
Moved to Tech & PC chat forum, as you will get much more neutral advice there icon14.gif

I didn't even know about that section.
Thank you Kirsty!!!

Machine Head
  • Machine Head

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:13 PM

There's a new series of graphics cards coming out soon (Radeon HD9000), so expect a lot of price drops in older graphics cards.

I would seriously recommend building your own PC if you're on a budget. Pre-builds don't always offer the best value for money, neither do "gaming laptops". If you want help on specifics then I'll be glad to offer assistance.

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

Leaving with a big bang, you guys rock.

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:17 PM

Building is the right way to go. icon14.gif Take a look at this guide by Ryan and if you read that you'll also get a good knowledge of PC parts too.

Also buy only according to your budget, if you have a low budget don't go buying i7 processors and all buy some lower end models but remember that they should run most of the latest games at atleast low settings without lag.

Maglev
  • Maglev

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

Start here

And looks for what you really need. You always see people buying 16gb of ram because the low price but most likely you never go above 8GB.
The same with the i5 of Intel. Lot's of people buy the 3570k version but don't even overclock. Ever. Then why not buy the i5 3470 or i5 3350p?

Oh and buying futureproof is stupid.

^All above is IMO tounge2.gif

EDIT: Buy parts! Installing it yourself is really easy, just watch a video or 2 on Youtube.

TheMisanthrope
  • TheMisanthrope

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:38 PM

Thank you guys, if I hadn't of originally posted this on the GTA: V area I wouldn't have needed to post this.
Everything on that thread is well put together and will help me out so much. In a 'nother few months I shall start purchasing the things I need to build my own PC. Once again thank you all for the little bit of guidance. Peace out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users