Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is drug culture still prevelant in Miami?

8 replies to this topic
sh0w3r m4n
  • sh0w3r m4n

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:11 PM

As a European I don't have a clue. What's the drug/cocaine scene like in Miami these days? Is it still a drug hub?

I ask just because I'm wondering if setting the next GTA would make any sense if it was in Vice City, modern day.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:03 PM Edited by Spuds725, 01 June 2013 - 03:11 PM.

I don't think it is any better or worse then the 80s-- the drugs being transferred/consumed are not the same though.

The "scene" was glamorized in movies and the TV show "Miami Vice"-- Miami probably isn't/wasn't any better or worse then other major cities in the US...

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE (Spuds725 @ Saturday, Jun 1 2013, 15:03)
Miami probably isn't/wasn't any better or worse then other major cities in the US...

That is false, my friend. There's a reason why they had the idea to film all those cocaine-crime-based movies in Miami, it wasn't just the beach vibe. I'd suggest everyone watching Cocaine Cowboys if you're truly interested in this topic:

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:08 PM

Right--- I'm sure none of the movies/TV shows were filmed there because of all he T n A on the beaches & clubs.

I'm not saying it wasn't bad in Miami-- ALOT of Cocaine went through that city- Oakland (CA) Vice just doesn't sound as good as Miami Vice---

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:23 PM

A few years ago an entire police force was fired in the Florida Keys because they were smuggling drugs into America. From what I've heard, most of the partying and hard drug use is still quite prevalent in the West Keys.

Bucky914
  • Bucky914

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:20 AM

I imagine so, because it's near Cuba, and illegal immigration is still a huge problem. Television, movies, and games do exaggerate things, but it's the most convenient U.S. State for drug trafficking. If R* made a new game in Vice City, the story line would probably revolve around drugs again, because that's what crime in Miami is: Drugs.

The Wolfman
  • The Wolfman

I smoke cause it gives me knowledge

• Members

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:03 AM

QUOTE (Bucky914 @ Sunday, Jun 9 2013, 01:20)
I imagine so, because it's near Cuba, and illegal immigration is still a huge problem. Television, movies, and games do exaggerate things, but it's the most convenient U.S. State for drug trafficking. If R* made a new game in Vice City, the story line would probably revolve around drugs again, because that's what crime in Miami is: Drugs.

Pretty much what you said, cocaine is commonly depicted as the drug of Miami.

universalsoldier9876
  • universalsoldier9876

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:10 AM

Not so much as it was when Pablo Escobar was alive and running the Medellin Cartel from Colombia and supplying 30 to 50 tons of cocaine a day to USA.

AustinN
  • AustinN

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:28 PM

I couldn't tell you exactly, but I know that nowadays most drugs are smuggled across the Mexican border, compared to the eighties where most of it was smuggled through caribbean routes. I'd assume it's not the trafficking hub it is, but I don't know how it compares in regards to drug users.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users