Quantcast

» «
Photo

Going to jail was implimented lik this

95 replies to this topic

Poll: Would jail be acceptable like this? (259 member(s) have cast votes)

Would jail be acceptable like this?

1. Yes (105 votes [48.17%])

Percentage of vote: 48.17%

2. No (113 votes [51.83%])

Percentage of vote: 51.83%

Vote Guests cannot vote
BumpyJohnson
  • BumpyJohnson

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:42 AM Edited by BumpyJohnson, 05 August 2013 - 04:48 PM.

EDIT (7/31/13): Made some changes to the idea and reworded a bunch of it for clearer understanding. Please reread it if you already read it because its MUCH better now! biggrin.gif

OK there are a lot of ppl including myself who think a jail system would be cool. On the flip side there are ppl who think it wouldn't either because they just want to be negative or they just havent thought about it long enough to see the fun in it. Regardless, the goal of this idea is to find the medium so ppl who want it can have it and ppl who don't aren't forced to deal with it. I think I've found that medium.

First let me mention two important additions to the current arrest system that are needed to make this idea work. 1) the surrender option needs to be available at all times. In IV you couldnt give up with say 4 stars. The cops were stuck on kill mode and shot you regardless. I think if I have a weapon out the cops should shoot like normal but if I put my weapon away and stand stationary then they should just approach with guns drawn giving my character a chance to surrender. 2) if I get killed while wanted I shouldn't respawn outside the hospital. I should still get busted. OK with this in mind here is how the system would work.

* Get busted (cops had to force the arrest) with 3 stars or less and you respawn immediately outside the police station.  You get to keep your weapons and armor but you will lose some money (a fine for the amount of damage you caused,  # of NPC's you hurt,  etc. during that wanted level).  If you surrender instead of them busting you the fine will be less.

* Get busted with 4 stars and again you respawn immediately outside the police station.  You get to keep your weapons but this time you will lose your armor and some money.  If you surrender you get to keep your vest but will still lose money.

* Get busted with 5 stars and you are sentenced to spend the rest of that ingame day in city jail (a holding cell with other characters in it).  You lose all of your weapons,  armor and some money.  HOWEVER,  if you surrender then your arrest will be reduced to a 4 star bust where you will respawn immediately outside the police station with your weapons but still lose your armor and some money.  If you didn't surrender then a holding cell will load and you will then have two ways to handle your time.

Skip it - You do this by using the phone inside the cell to call a friend from your contacts list to come bail you out.  You will then pay the fine in full plus the cost of the bail (bail amount will be paid or owed to the friend you called).  A few seconds after the call you will be released.

Do the time - In other words freeroam inside the holding cell until midnight.  Do this and you'll pay 0% of your fine.  During freeroam sometimes random events will happen that could be fun.  For example,  the cops opening the cell door to bring in/take out an inmate which you can use that opportunity to try an escape (KO the cop,  take his weapon,  etc).  Another is a NPC picking a fight with you and another is an NPC simply walking up to talk to you (similar to the strippers in IV when they walked up to you and asked if you wanted a private dance).  Like the strippers you can ignore them or press LB to communicate.  Communicating will sometimes leads to new contacts,  freeworld hookups or side missions once released.

* Get sentenced to city jail 3 times (3 strike rule) and earn a month in prison.  You lose all weapons,  armor and alot of money (a huge fine).  Instead of a holding cell in the station loading up an interogation room will load up with you and a cop in it.  You will then be given two options.  1) snitch on a friend and get released or 2) tell them to f*ck off and go do your time.  If you choose to snitch you will then be given the opportunity to select a friend from your contacts list to snitch on.  After your selection you will be immediately released and your friend will be arrested shortly after.  You will then lose him as a contact.  If you choose to do your time then the next scene will be you on a prison bus going to prison.  Like the taxi ride you can sit through the ride or skip to the prison.  If you sit throught the ride you can then switch to a different character and free your buddy from the bus.  devil.gif   If you skip then it will go to a cutscene of you entering prison and then your cell.  You then will have two ways to handle your time.

Speed up your time - This option will be available every night at lights out (10pm).  Once 10pm hits and you are in your cell you will be given 3 options.  1) sleep until the next day,  2) skip two ingame weeks and 3) skip to your release day.

Do the time - Freeroam inside the prison for the month.  During freeroam you can do things like side missions,  play dominoes,  cards,  chess,  basketball,  prison fight club,  etc.  Besides that like the city jail small time events will happen throughout each day opening up opportunities for you to do things.  For example inmates plotting an escape in which you can get involved (you can also switch to one of the characters that are free and plan a breakout).  Either way these escapes would be planned just like the heists (a series of small missions to prepare for the big one).  More examples of a random events are riots,  NPC's picking fights with you or NPC's simply walking up to talk to you.  As stated above you can walk away to ignore them or press LB to communicate.  Communicating will sometimes lead to new contacts,  freeworld hookups or side missions in prison as well as once released.

I think this should make both sides happy as those who want it can have it and those who dont want to deal with jail/prison have options to avoid or skip it. As long as you surrender or snitch you never see the inside of a jail and even when you go you have options to skip. biggrin.gif I know its wishful thinking at this point but I would really love to see this or something like it in V. Thoughts?

ForDaNords
  • ForDaNords

-

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:44 AM

Giving up served a purpose as if you had armor, you could save it by not getting shot at.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:49 AM

So how would fighting in prison be different from fighting in free roam other than some differences in appearance?

Unless that prison also lets me skydive, swim, blow stuff up, and jump off of cliffs in an ATV, I probably won't find this fun.

dxbrandon
  • dxbrandon

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:49 AM

I Think you might in up inside the police station this time instead of outside other then that idk if it will go that far, but ya never know with this massive game.

BumpyJohnson
  • BumpyJohnson

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:59 AM Edited by BumpyJohnson, 31 May 2013 - 02:20 AM.

QUOTE (ForDaNords @ Friday, May 31 2013, 01:44)
Giving up served a purpose as if you had armor, you could save it by not getting shot at.

confused.gif

QUOTE (Racecarlock @ Friday, May 31 2013, 01:49)
So how would fighting in prison be different from fighting in free roam other than some differences in appearance?

Unless that prison also lets me skydive, swim, blow stuff up, and jump off of cliffs in an ATV, I probably won't find this fun.

Man you're such a deby downer/idea hater. Fighting would be different because you cant just run away, different weapons like shanks, food trays, mops, etc. and the scenery would be different too. Jail isn't specifically about fighting tho so your point of it being similar to freeworld fighting is irrelevant. You could also cause riots (which could involve blowing stuff up), do minigames or random side missions too. Oh and did you look right over breaking out which would be done like the heists? That wouldnt be fun to you? Whats the point of being a jerk? I gave ways around it and you still trippin? lol

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:02 AM

So you can fight in prison. Great. So what exactly is preventing you from fighting outside of prison? What is stopping you from causing riots outside of prison?

I would do a jailbreak mission that you can replay from the stats menu like in RDR. That way I don't have to do an entire f*cking jailbreak every time my guy gets arrested for scratching a cop car.

Tahj
  • Tahj

Cat Lover

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:06 AM

I like your idea trust me I really do. But I think you may be expecting a bit much from it. I think GTA will follow the usual get caught and show up outside, as it's been. Cause after all GTA is about fast paced action

Patriot_Action
  • Patriot_Action

Upstanding Citizen

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:06 AM

I think it's unlikely that we'll see a developed "jail experience," with the exception that one protagonist gets arrested and it turns into a few story missions. Otherwise, jail isn't fun (although I'm not speaking from experience), so I don't see why they'd bother.

evoluon--720
  • evoluon--720

Left Field

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:12 AM

I can see a point in the game all where 3 protags go to prison (since Micahel and Trevor are on witness protection)
they get caught during a heist and all 3 are busted in different places at the same time and sent to prison.
Ofcourse- they bust out and become the most notorious criminals in the city..There will be a lengthy segment in the game where we'll have to spend time in prison.
Not too long though since the game is called "Grand Theft Auto"

Decardo
  • Decardo

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:12 AM

QUOTE (Racecarlock @ Friday, May 31 2013, 02:02)
So you can fight in prison. Great. So what exactly is preventing you from fighting outside of prison? What is stopping you from causing riots outside of prison?

I would do a jailbreak mission that you can replay from the stats menu like in RDR. That way I don't have to do an entire f*cking jailbreak every time my guy gets arrested for scratching a cop car.

Dude shut up, It gets boring just magically appearing outside of the police station with your weapons missing. Idiots like you never want change. I want to be punished for what I have done. I don't want to magically just appear up some where. If you don't think it should be implemented quit insulting and play gta 4 for the rest of your life.

evoluon--720
  • evoluon--720

Left Field

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:16 AM

Dude shut up, It gets boring just magically appearing outside of the police station with your weapons missing. Idiots like you never want change. I want to be punished for what I have done. I don't want to magically just appear up some where. If you don't think it should be implemented quit insulting and play gta 4 for the rest of your life.

I agree.
Its not fair Elizabetha got 300+Life Sentences while I done massacred the whole gotdamn police force.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:18 AM

QUOTE (Decardo @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 19:12)

Well, the mechanic hasn't been confirmed. At all. Someone just spotted a prison in there and went "Yep, I know where this is going". Which doesn't make sense because GTA IV had a prison and didn't use it at all except for one mission in a DLC episode.

I do like change. Planes are back, that's a change. We've got special abilities, that's a change. You can carry 12 weapons at once, which is more than the 7 that IV let you carry.

I just don't like change that locks me off from the open world freedom because I broke a traffic law!

dxbrandon
  • dxbrandon

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:21 AM

QUOTE (Decardo @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 22:12)

I think this time you might in end up in the police station this time other then that, only time will tell. But if it does happen, I'm all for it. Rockstar will make it fun ( Even better then the saints row prison break.)

BumpyJohnson
  • BumpyJohnson

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:23 AM

^ ^
Yep. Glad to see not everyone is closed minded.
QUOTE (Decardo @ Friday, May 31 2013, 02:12)

lol Exactly! Dude always looking to shoot down ideas and wtf he mean by having to do a jailbreak everytime he scratches a cops car? Where he get that from. He clearly didn't read the entire post or he wouldn't have said that dumb sh*t. Reaching for nothing. lol

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:25 AM

I wouldn't like being in jail in real life, why would I want to go there in a game?

evoluon--720
  • evoluon--720

Left Field

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:27 AM

I wouldn't like being in jail in real life, why would I want to go there in a game?

because its a game- and you're serving no REAL consequences.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:29 AM

QUOTE (BumpyJohnson @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 19:23)
^ ^
Yep. Glad to see not everyone is closed minded.

lol Exactly! Dude always looking to shoot down ideas and wtf he mean by having to do a jailbreak everytime he scratches a cops car? Where he get that from. He clearly didn't read the entire post or he wouldn't have said that dumb sh*t. Reaching for nothing. lol

I don't mind new ideas. I like realistic destruction physics. I like realistic fire. I like pedestrians that look and act like real people.

I don't like sh*t that would get in my way when all I want to do is blow sh*t up and fly planes and ride atvs and climb mountains and go to amusement parks and speed down the highway in my sports car without having to wait in jail on every single bust.

Even if you could still claim I don't like change, HOW THE f*ck DID YOU GUYS RESPOND TO SPECIAL ABILITIES?! Did you squeel with joy when you found out michael could use bullet time and franklin could use speedbreaker from NFS and trevor could use special double damage rage mode? Hmm? Did you like that change? Because if you don't than you hate change too, because apparently that's all it takes to hate change.

wannaslide
  • wannaslide

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:41 AM

man you could have the option to skip it lol plus you have other character's to change to .

I like the idea ,it worked in mafia 2 and there was no option to skip that .

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:43 AM

QUOTE (wannaslide @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 19:41)
man you could have the option to skip it lol plus you have other character's to change to .

Cleaning Toilets apparently f*ckin' worked in mafia II. I am not letting that sh*t ass game get it's greasy hands on GTA.

Dildo bats worked in SR3. Does that mean GTA should have them? You tell me, since you believe things from other games can work here.

ITSLOCBABY
  • ITSLOCBABY

Biker

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:47 AM

I could see this being pretty cool the first few times but may get tiresome after a while. All of us would be getting up to 3* or more quite a lot. I'd like it if the main story maybe incorporated prison into it. One of the protags does some time and the others have to break him out

Decardo
  • Decardo

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:47 AM

QUOTE (Racecarlock @ Friday, May 31 2013, 02:43)

Cleaning Toilets apparently f*ckin' worked in mafia II. I am not letting that sh*t ass game get it's greasy hands on GTA.

Dildo bats worked in SR3. Does that mean GTA should have them? You tell me, since you believe things from other games can work here.

He's not talking about the ENTIRE game of Mafia 2. He is mentioning a feature he liked. In which alot of people enjoyed some of the features in Mafia 2. Who said anything about a dildo? That's like saying GTA V stole the store/atm robbery idea from Mafia 2.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:51 AM

QUOTE (Decardo @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 19:47)

He's not talking about the ENTIRE game of Mafia 2. He is mentioning a feature he liked. In which alot of people enjoyed some of the features in Mafia 2. Who said anything about a dildo? That's like saying GTA V stole the store/atm robbery idea from Mafia 2.

All I said was that just because something works in one game doesn't mean it'll work in another. Then I provided two examples.

Yes, prison "Worked" in mafia II (Still the worst thing I've ever played though), but that doesn't mean GTA should implement it.

Again, what if someone suggested dildo bats or hover bikes from SR3? Would you be as behind them as you are for this idea because "It worked in mafia II"?

wannaslide
  • wannaslide

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:54 AM

I wasn't saying do it because it worked in mafia 2 lol I was just saying it is a good idea and it has been done before and done successful in my opinion .I don't see the problem with it tf you can skip it or play it out .That suits both people who are for it or against it .

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:57 AM

QUOTE (wannaslide @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 19:54)
I wasn't saying do it because it worked in mafia 2 lol I was just saying it is a good idea and it has been done before and done successful in my opinion .I don't see the problem with it tf you can skip it or play it out .That suits both people who are for it or against it .

Only if I can skip it for free. Because I don't want to be in prison and don't want to be punished for not wanting to be in prison.

Decardo
  • Decardo

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:57 AM

QUOTE (Racecarlock @ Friday, May 31 2013, 02:51)
QUOTE (Decardo @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 19:47)

All I said was that just because something works in one game doesn't mean it'll work in another. Then I provided two examples.

Yes, prison "Worked" in mafia II (Still the worst thing I've ever played though), but that doesn't mean GTA should implement it.

Again, what if someone suggested dildo bats or hover bikes from SR3? Would you be as behind them as you are for this idea because "It worked in mafia II"?

Well infact there was a huge purple dildo that looked like a bat in GTA SA, I really wouldn't care. And hover bikes do not fit into GTA's genre. And Mafia 2 had non of those features.

Niick99
  • Niick99

Playa

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:58 AM

It feels like there is always at least 1 prison thread on here everyday, when everyone know the prison will probably be the same as it was in GTA IV, no interaction. But actually, in that game I would spawn a helicopter and land it kn top of the inmate cage and kill all the inmates inside and I would run up to the watch tower and take out all the cops until I was killed. f*ck, brb gonna go buy gta iv again

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:00 AM

If there is a prison, it should be an open area that you can visit at anytime but not get stuck there when you get busted.

SR2 had that prison island. That's sort of what I'm thinking of here.

ForDaNords
  • ForDaNords

-

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:03 AM

It'd get more boring to have to spend a 25 minute long prison session where you just beat up prisoners or sit down and do nothing. Imagine going to prison every time you do a rampage for this 25 minute long filler. It's a bloody game, not real life. It can't have stuff like this -- it needs to constantly let the player do what he wants.
GTA is an immensely popular franchise, as you can do stuff that'd normally get you arrested and placed several years in prison without the consequences.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:06 AM

QUOTE (ForDaNords @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 20:03)

It'd get more boring to have to spend a 25 minute long prison session where you just beat up prisoners or sit down and do nothing. Imagine going to prison every time you do a rampage for this 25 minute long filler. It's a bloody game, not real life. It can't have stuff like this -- it needs to constantly let the player do what he wants.
GTA is an immensely popular franchise, as you can do stuff that'd normally get you arrested and placed several years in prison without the consequences.

Welcome back aboard, my double agent friend!

Decardo
  • Decardo

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:09 AM Edited by Decardo, 31 May 2013 - 03:14 AM.

QUOTE (ForDaNords @ Friday, May 31 2013, 03:03)

Now why would it even be pass 5 minutes? you saying 25 makes you seem insane.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users