Photo

Latest GTA 5 o'clock Video - Map Project

474 replies to this topic
brandonskates1
  • brandonskates1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:07 AM

QUOTE (Mm9090 @ Monday, Jun 3 2013, 23:38)
QUOTE (brandonskates1 @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 01:16)
QUOTE (Mm9090 @ Monday, Jun 3 2013, 23:02)
QUOTE (brandonskates1 @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 00:56)
user posted image

this popped up on facebook so i traced it back to google

I still don't understand how some people think that this could even possibly be legit. All the roads in the northeast of the city just f*cking end, all the little towns are just copy-pasted portions of the Vinewood suburbs.
Somehow people actually think it's the real map.

I weep for humanity, I really do.

I never said it was "legit" friend its just a cool find never seen this one

I wasn't referring to you, I was referring to the hundreds of people in other topics believing that this was legit. It's been around for a day or two and has been floating around the forum.

Oh my bad bro yea alot of people are gullible like that you can clearly see multiple copy and paste methods around the map

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:10 AM

Watching Trevor's trailer again, this particular shot made me wonder.

user posted image

Just examine for a moment, the area looks huge doesn't it? I don't understand at all, why does the area look so big in screenshots and gameplay footage but feels smaller in the maps we have so far?

brandonskates1
  • brandonskates1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:14 AM

QUOTE (Gst0395 @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 00:10)
Watching Trevor's trailer again, this particular shot made me wonder.

user posted image

Just examine for a moment, the area looks huge doesn't it? I don't understand at all, why does the area look so big in screenshots and gameplay footage but feels smaller in the maps we have so far?

Good find i didn't see this one well you have to take in account a map will always look smaller from a aerial street to street view than it would when your actually street level.

JonRenemy
  • JonRenemy

Greater Than Great

• Members

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:32 AM

This is what people need to remember.. the map's scale is massive. When people finally play the game, who had been worrying about the size of the map, they'll realise just how big the world is.

Ok so its not gonna be Just Cause 2 in ACTUAL size.. but GTA is always about atmosphere and they make a game FEEL huge because its packed with detail. Its like actually being there. A million things catch your attention at once and it's overwhelming.

brandonskates1
  • brandonskates1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:51 AM

QUOTE (JonRenemy @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 01:32)
This is what people need to remember.. the map's scale is massive. When people finally play the game, who had been worrying about the size of the map, they'll realise just how big the world is.

Ok so its not gonna be Just Cause 2 in ACTUAL size.. but GTA is always about atmosphere and they make a game FEEL huge because its packed with detail. Its like actually being there. A million things catch your attention at once and it's overwhelming.

Exactly people worry to much about the size i trust rockstar's word and and confident they will deliver on what they say

ZeeKid2k10
  • ZeeKid2k10

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:53 AM

Did GTA Fans did the Map Project like this for GTA4 back in 2007/2008

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:57 AM

QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Monday, Jun 3 2013, 18:37)
I know. But something I get this feeling there pretending to be so much bigger than they are.

I follow CVG and get all my gaming news from there but I somewhat agree here. Still they are keeping the hype going for GTA V for me by having these shows weekly. Also the guys who talk on the video don't annoy me unlike most who work at IGN. sly.gif

xGregles
  • xGregles

GTA Fanboy. Car Fanboy. Spurs Fanboy.

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:38 AM

I think people are right about the scale, I think Rockstar need to make the map "5x bigger" than Red Dead, otherwise we'd get bored of the city life... Although, saying that, 2/3's of the map is "Surrounding Areas", is that going to do it for all of us, will we get bored of this?
I know Rockstar have stated that there will be plenty to do in the surrounding areas, but it could just be a woeful mess. Furthermore, I believe there should be either a second city (possibly DLC) or a couple of fairly large towns out in the sticks. We know from San Andreas that the few little towns that they had dotted around the countryside, were miniscule and to a certain degree, pointless.
My point is, I'm worried that very few towns will ruin the surrounding areas. Traveling across the desert just to get a car would be a nightmare! Can you just imagine the annoyance?!
What CVG are doing is great for the community, so please don't slate their efforts to put together a map. Personally I think they haven't done such a bad job, they're on the right lines in leading it out into the sticks with the highways and the Alamo Sea area.
I'm sure Rockstar will release some more screenshots and possibly a last trailer before the release, which should put together the map. Seriously guys, this game is going to be epic and Rockstar's ambition speaks for itself! It will be 5x times bigger than Red Dead, but we'll have the best of both worlds from GTA V and Red Dead.

CasperRDG
  • CasperRDG

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:38 AM

QUOTE (DeadZombie @ Monday, Jun 3 2013, 23:20)
QUOTE (brandonskates1 @ Monday, Jun 3 2013, 23:16)
QUOTE (Mm9090 @ Monday, Jun 3 2013, 23:02)
QUOTE (brandonskates1 @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 00:56)
user posted image

this popped up on facebook so i traced it back to google

I still don't understand how some people think that this could even possibly be legit. All the roads in the northeast of the city just f*cking end, all the little towns are just copy-pasted portions of the Vinewood suburbs.
Somehow people actually think it's the real map.

I weep for humanity, I really do.

I never said it was "legit" friend its just a cool find never seen this one

Xcom's map. Seen it. Since they pretty much copied his and added color.

Nah Man, thats my map! Built from scratch, nothing to do with xcom!

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:47 AM

QUOTE (Capsaicin @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 04:38)
I think people are right about the scale, I think Rockstar need to make the map "5x bigger" than Red Dead, otherwise we'd get bored of the city life... Although, saying that, 2/3's of the map is "Surrounding Areas", is that going to do it for all of us, will we get bored of this?
I know Rockstar have stated that there will be plenty to do in the surrounding areas, but it could just be a woeful mess. Furthermore, I believe there should be either a second city (possibly DLC) or a couple of fairly large towns out in the sticks. We know from San Andreas that the few little towns that they had dotted around the countryside, were miniscule and to a certain degree, pointless.
My point is, I'm worried that very few towns will ruin the surrounding areas. Traveling across the desert just to get a car would be a nightmare! Can you just imagine the annoyance?!
What CVG are doing is great for the community, so please don't slate their efforts to put together a map. Personally I think they haven't done such a bad job, they're on the right lines in leading it out into the sticks with the highways and the Alamo Sea area.
I'm sure Rockstar will release some more screenshots and possibly a last trailer before the release, which should put together the map. Seriously guys, this game is going to be epic and Rockstar's ambition speaks for itself! It will be 5x times bigger than Red Dead, but we'll have the best of both worlds from GTA V and Red Dead.

Well you have a point there. After the CVG map I was also a little sceptic about the towns outside the city. How many will it be? But we have to trust Rockstar on this one. They always deliver.

d3ex2
  • d3ex2

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:53 AM

Half of the people complaining about the size probably haven't played Red Dead Redemption.

Redemption's map is bigger than IV. Now multiple that by 3.5. This is absolutely massive and it's LAND only. Now take another Redemption then half another and that's how much water is explorable.

Just wait. Once you play GTA V your mind will be blown away. It isn't gonna be as big as JUST CAUSE 2. But it will definitely be a huge improvement over IV. You could probably fit about 5-6 IV's in the whole GTA V map.

Calvin Backer
  • Calvin Backer

Drop your Bone Zone and step into the Bone Zone.

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:54 AM

I think the map from cvg was very shoddy work. A lot of the city streets dont even line up with eachother even though they had an image of the streets to work from! Plus a lot of stuff is placed very strangely. I understand its just a guess but they could have cleaned it up a bit

d3ex2
  • d3ex2

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:56 AM

QUOTE (Calvin Backer @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 12:54)
I think the map from cvg was very shoddy work. A lot of the city streets dont even line up with eachother even though they had an image of the streets to work from! Plus a lot of stuff is placed very strangely. I understand its just a guess but they could have cleaned it up a bit

They put desert between the city and the dam. Makes sense. /s.

They should update it.

GourangaMaster
  • GourangaMaster

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►BA

• Members

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:03 PM

Precisely. I advise anyone with GTA IV on pc to install the countryside mountains map. It is an excellent map addon and is maybe only a around 1/2 liberty city but when you drive from the base right around the mountains it feels ENORMOUS. Now extrapolate that map with the size of GTAV, and trust me it WILL BE monsterous.

here is a vid of the map.

Now look at the map below and you will see it is only scratching the surface of what we will have to explore in GTAV. I dont think anyone has anything to worry about concerning how big the map is.
http://img.playgroun...andcsmradar.jpg

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:05 PM

QUOTE (Calvin Backer @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 11:54)

I don't understand why they used a users map from here when they have more knowledge about it than us.

footsoldier
  • footsoldier

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:13 PM

The only thing I know for sure is that Michaels house is actually next to the golf course in los santos.

Calvin Backer
  • Calvin Backer

Drop your Bone Zone and step into the Bone Zone.

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE (GourangaMaster @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 12:03)

Precisely. I advise anyone with GTA IV on pc to install the countryside mountains map. It is an excellent map addon and is maybe only a around 1/2 liberty city but when you drive from the base right around the mountains it feels ENORMOUS. Now extrapolate that map with the size of GTAV, and trust me it WILL BE monsterous.

*snippity doo daa*

Now look at the map below and you will see it is only scratching the surface of what we will have to explore in GTAV. I dont think anyone has anything to worry about concerning how big the map is.

Holy lord. That is the coolest thing ever. I really wish i could get that mod on my ps3. sad.gif

The view of LC from that mountain was incredible! And that windy road was just begging to be drifted on. Props to whoever made it

twistedweather
  • twistedweather

dust in the wind

• Members

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:15 PM

when watching the 37minute CVG video I got the impression the farther away from the city the more speculation..... I have been playin San Andreas experiencing the countryside vs the city dominate environment in GTAiv. I am really excited for a HD countryside. There is bound to be alot of secret suprises out there!!

It will be interesting to see if CVG on their next 5oclock episode will submit an edited map updated with viewers recommendations ...and continue to work on it until release. CVG is a pretty decent source of info imo.

one thing that is missing is an island....there is bound to be an island imo
would be cool to have your own paradise island with a marina, heliport. ferry, safehouse, etc

SunDip
  • SunDip

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:06 PM

Rockstar seems to like to hold some things back... so there may be surprise content.

Maybe something like Santa Barbara or other place to fly to, with story concentration for the north area of the map.

The estimates so far look like there is a lot of map in the north.
Unless Los Santos is actually more central.
Cruising along Big Sur to a city would be nice... even if it was a smaller size type city.

Zulu412
  • Zulu412

Chiver

• Members

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:06 PM

user posted image

my guess on size, just add another 2.5 RDR maps

Dark_AnNiaLatOr
  • Dark_AnNiaLatOr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE (GourangaMaster @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 12:03)

Wow thanks for the video! After seeing this, boy oh boy, GTA V is gonna be extremely big. It's gonna feel like a country haha. Seriously, thanks for this. The scale is really put into context.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (Zulu412 @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 18:06)
my guess on size, just add another 2.5 RDR maps

Now we're getting somewhere

richard1997jones
  • richard1997jones

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:26 PM

Nice big map but I'm expecting it to split like all other GTA maps like Islands however I really want San Fierro and Las Venturas in the map

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

2ND TO NONE

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:30 PM

Apparently I am the only one on the planet that found the San Andreas map a little too big.

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:38 PM

After seeing this screenshot...

user posted image

I'm convinced that CVG's map isn't even complete. Try spotting this location and you'll see what I mean.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users