Photo

Latest GTA 5 o'clock Video - Map Project

474 replies to this topic
MuXu96
  • MuXu96

Peon

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE (ugotsmoked @ Saturday, Jun 1 2013, 14:06)
QUOTE (MuXu96 @ Saturday, Jun 1 2013, 14:02)
QUOTE (ugotsmoked @ Saturday, Jun 1 2013, 13:33)
QUOTE (josephene123 @ Saturday, Jun 1 2013, 12:51)
I agree though, RDR felt massive.

I am very curious to see how big the map feels once we are in a fast movin jet...

It still will feel pretty big, I rather think the jet will feel "not that fast" like in GTA SA^^

I don't know if we go by trailer 1 that jet is really haulin ass.

it always looks faster if you look at it from the outside, but when you fly it you see what I mean^^

hithere5
  • hithere5

Trick

• Members

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:15 PM

QUOTE (CJ4LIFE1294 @ Saturday, Jun 1 2013, 13:17)
ok I updated the map I took the south east part of the map and cut it off because I felt it wasn't necessary I moved the desert region east north more as well

user posted image

Thanks man!
That is what Im expecting to be honest...I would be disappointed if the map is significantly smaller.

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE (hithere5 @ Saturday, Jun 1 2013, 14:15)
QUOTE (CJ4LIFE1294 @ Saturday, Jun 1 2013, 13:17)
ok I updated the map I took the south east part of the map and cut it off because I felt it wasn't necessary I moved the desert region east north more as well

user posted image

Thanks man!
That is what Im expecting to be honest...I would be disappointed if the map is significantly smaller.

In all probability, it will be significantly smaller

ChatterBoxFM
  • ChatterBoxFM

★★★★★★

• Members

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE (CJ4LIFE1294 @ Saturday, Jun 1 2013, 03:20)
ok I too think the cvg map is a little on the small side so I edit the map they made and made the desert allot bigger and more countryside to the north if they say the city is 1 sith of the map then the map I did will look a little more close to the real one

user posted image

No.

There is no land that far southeast. Look at the blueprint again.

SunDip
  • SunDip

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:54 PM

I will be ok with the original thread map size as estimated already.

Lets look at it this way, size supposedly is equal to: LC, Red Dead, and San Andreas - with room to spare.

Well if LS is roughly the same size as LC, then you could just consider that there is a whole Red Dead amount of country side left over PLUS another additional San Andreas amount of content PLUS room to spare.

So let's just say for conversation sake that the 'fully detailed ocean floor' surrounding the land mass is equivalent to 'San Andreas' in size, and then the indoor area is the 'room to spare'.

If we look at it this way we have:

Los Santos + Red Dead countryside + Ocean Floor equal to SA + Indoor Area.

Now even if we say 'oh those proportions are not probably properly assigned for each area in relation to each other' - we are still left with the fact that to change those proportions - we would HAVE to INCREASE one of them in relation to the other.

So if we did want to change those proportions in relation to each other, then we would have to decide which area(s) to make larger and which one(s) smaller.
But just for implications sake, since to change proportions we would still HAVE to increase something in relation to the others, lets look at what the options we are left with:

Increase LS to larger than LC.
Increase Countryside to larger than Red Dead.
Increase Underwater area to larger than San Andreas.
Increase Indoor area to larger than 'Room to spare'.

Now let's consider this.
If we had to increase the indoor area to an amount that would be statistically relevant to decrease a countryside or city map size, etc - than would be an insane amount of indoor content. Therefore I would tend toward eliminating that as a candidate to increase in relation to the others.

So either way we slice it we would seem to be left with either increasing LS to larger than LC, increasing the Countryside to larger than Red Dead, or increasing the Underwater area to larger than San Andreas relative to the others - otherwise the original comparison of Los Santos + Red Dead countryside + Ocean Floor equal to SA + Indoor Area would roughly what we are looking at.

Now if we consider that Wikipedia estimates that Red Dead took about $80-100 million dollars to make alone.
And then considering that GtaV had to add enough acting content to fill out THREE protagonists that we can play that have 'their own lives and friends' - this project seems pretty impressive...

So considering these aspects, I don't know exactly how to actually consider to be 'disappointed' with map size or amount of content - particularly since some of the screenshots and videos of the city and characters to me so far to me have often been impressive...

Any think there are problems with these general guesstimations?

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE (CJ4LIFE1294 @ Saturday, Jun 1 2013, 07:20)
ok I too think the cvg map is a little on the small side so I edit the map they made and made the desert allot bigger and more countryside to the north if they say the city is 1 sith of the map then the map I did will look a little more close to the real one

---SNIP gigantic Map---

Totally wish that's what it is going to be but it's going to be a bit smaller.

DS 17
  • DS 17

om nom nom

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:00 PM

Very optimistic people in this thread ... hope they won't be disappointed and will be right.

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE (DS 17 @ Saturday, Jun 1 2013, 18:00)
Very optimistic people in this thread ... hope they won't be disappointed and will be right.

I'm also optimistic but of course if I'm wrong I will not be disappointed
After all, we're talking about GTA, I'm sure I can enjoy the game

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:47 PM

As for the people disappointed by the desert size, I don't see the point in having a HUGE useless desert. It would literally just take up space.

But on that note, I don't see why it would be so hard to create such a desert.

SunDip
  • SunDip

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (DS 17 @ Saturday, Jun 1 2013, 18:00)

Not sure you are also referring to my post, or just in general - since you seem to be a bit vague about who is/are being included as being 'very optimistic', which I don't have a problem with - but for discussion purposes I will go ahead and bite anyway...

My guesstimate rundown was based on a well mentioned quote from Game Informer interview with the Rockstar Art Director Aaron Garbut:

"When you include the interior and exterior spaces together, Los Santos is bigger than the worlds of Red Dead Redemption, San Andreas, and Grand Theft Auto IV combined, with room to spare."

So either he was saying something inaccurate.
Or if not, well then if LS city is roughly the same size as LC, and a whole Red Dead amount of country side left over PLUS also San Andreas amount of content PLUS room to spare, that might be considered proportionally equivalent to an estimate of:

Los Santos city + Red Dead countryside + Ocean Floor equal to SA + Indoor Area.

If you disagreed with those proportions, then you would HAVE to increase one of them, in order to decrease one or more of the others - in order to maintain the quoted size.

I'm curious, which one of those would you guess would need to be increased (in order to decrease one of the others) if you think my guess proportions as an example are off.

Game2048
  • Game2048

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Saturday, Jun 1 2013, 18:47)
As for the people disappointed by the desert size, I don't see the point in having a HUGE useless desert. It would literally just take up space.

The point that people expect everything to be huge, but filled with details at the same time.

This is GTA V, so expectations are definitely special for this game, comparing to other similar games

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE (Game2048 @ Saturday, Jun 1 2013, 13:50)

The point that people expect everything to be huge, but filled with details at the same time.

This is GTA V, so expectations are definitely special for this game, comparing to other similar games

The only reason for a huge desert is to have some sweet dogfights. Other than that it would be pretty aimless driving.

If they included a huge desert that would be awesome. But if not its not a big deal.

City size is far more important than empty desert.

Lil_B_The Basedgod
  • Lil_B_The Basedgod

f*ck the mods

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:02 PM

Where is the city? monocle.gif

Dale Nixon
  • Dale Nixon

methane on my mind

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:10 PM

that larger edited map looks great

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:17 PM

The above posted map is way too large.

CVG saw the map already twice during the demos. They stated several times that LS is one third of the map, so the original map of CVG is pretty accurate in terms of scale.

ChocoFrosty
  • ChocoFrosty

Trolley Surfing

• Members

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Saturday, Jun 1 2013, 19:17)

CVG saw the map already twice during the demos. They stated several times that LS is one third of the map, so the original map of CVG is pretty accurate in terms of scale.

I thought they said 1/8.

Did they adjust their opinion at some point? confused.gif

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (ChocoFrosty @ Saturday, Jun 1 2013, 21:20)

I thought they said 1/8.

They never said 1/8. They said about 30% of the map was LS which is about 1/3.
No idea how people come up with 1/8. If they would have said 1/8 then the map they created would look different... dont you think?

mobe
  • mobe

Peon

• Members

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:34 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Saturday, Jun 1 2013, 19:22)
QUOTE (ChocoFrosty @ Saturday, Jun 1 2013, 21:20)

I thought they said 1/8.

They never said 1/8. They said about 30% of the map was LS which is about 1/3.
No idea how people come up with 1/8. If they would have said 1/8 then the map they created would look different... dont you think?

They said it was around an 1/8th the size of the map during this episode of GTA 5 O'Clock posted after they saw the demo But it was based on a rough guess due to the fact they only saw a 180 degree angle of view whilst jumping out of the helicopter.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:20 PM

Perhaps because the desert is part of the storyline. The Alamo Sea covers only part of it. I can see many drug deals going down there, certainly if there's a air strip nearby.

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:27 PM

If that blueprint map is a fake why does every thread involving it get shut down?

Including my own which didnt show it

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:32 PM

Because we dont need tons of topics about the map since we have this one.

Von_Von
  • Von_Von

Vercetti lives!

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:51 PM

Again... Why so much heat over CVG? Its just an opinion, and they also said, "please correct us if something is wrong...". They are fair with us.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE (Von_Von @ Sunday, Jun 2 2013, 19:51)
Again... Why so much heat over CVG? Its just an opinion, and they also said, "please correct us if something is wrong...". They are fair with us.

I know. But something I get this feeling there pretending to be so much bigger than they are.

GTAVee
  • GTAVee

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

I do not understand why people on this matter to see so much effort and spend their own valuable time. It's the same when someone would draw lines on an empty paper and others imagines it into something place. And furthermore, what place does not even exist. The very completely idiotic. In fact, at the level of intellectual disability. If not worse..

We already know the relative size of the map, but we are not aware of anything other than a small slice of the map. In my opinion, only about 4-5 of the size of the map.

In my opinion, Rockstar is given the size of the game and lot of more... its already enough information. Just go out and do something REAL. It is summer at its best. Rise and oxygen hopping.

Today's children..pfffff! Where they are with their time LOL

ChatterBoxFM
  • ChatterBoxFM

★★★★★★

• Members

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE (GTAVee @ Monday, Jun 3 2013, 10:17)
Just go out and do something REAL. It is summer at its best. Rise and oxygen hopping.

Today's children..pfffff! Where they are with their time LOL

if we wanted a message of inspiration, we'd play the Wii

brandonskates1
  • brandonskates1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:56 PM

user posted image

this popped up on facebook so i traced it back to google

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE (brandonskates1 @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 00:56)
user posted image

I still don't understand how some people think that this could even possibly be legit. All the roads in the northeast of the city just f*cking end, all the little towns are just copy-pasted portions of the Vinewood suburbs.
Somehow people actually think it's the real map.

I weep for humanity, I really do.

brandonskates1
  • brandonskates1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:16 PM

QUOTE (Mm9090 @ Monday, Jun 3 2013, 23:02)
user posted image

I still don't understand how some people think that this could even possibly be legit. All the roads in the northeast of the city just f*cking end, all the little towns are just copy-pasted portions of the Vinewood suburbs.

I never said it was "legit" friend its just a cool find never seen this one

DeadZombie
  • DeadZombie

Sons Of Ditka - Leader

• Members

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:20 PM

QUOTE (brandonskates1 @ Monday, Jun 3 2013, 23:16)
user posted image

Xcom's map. Seen it. Since they pretty much copied his and added color.

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE (brandonskates1 @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 01:16)
user posted image

I wasn't referring to you, I was referring to the hundreds of people in other topics believing that this was legit. It's been around for a day or two and has been floating around the forum.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users