Photo

Latest GTA 5 o'clock Video - Map Project

474 replies to this topic
josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Friday, May 31 2013, 13:59)
QUOTE (reform @ Friday, May 31 2013, 13:42)
QUOTE (Neckbeard @ Friday, May 31 2013, 13:21)
QUOTE (grandthefthoughto @ Friday, May 31 2013, 13:17)
sorry i can't give exact info but i definitely remember this being said on one of the episodes of gtav o'clcok...

All they said was that as far as they (CVG) remember the look of the map, some of the fanmade ones are pretty close to it
Rockstar didn't say anything about fanmade stuff

@3:24

Yep they clearly say it. Which is i guess a bit worrisome. But we've still got three weeks and 17 days to go or so...and it's not really a good idea to keep worrying and being disappointed in the map. It won't change anything, and i do still think its important to realize we don't know the exact scale.

It's not as if Rockstar pointed at this map and said "THAT'S EERILY CLOSE". They didn't point out any particular maps. I don't think we have anything to worry about, I think it'll be much more like Fido's map in the end.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:08 PM

There's just something i don't understand. It was said to be so huge, and they keep showing the same kind of screenshots, only from different viewpoints. The logic from people here was that Rockstar did it so they wouldn't spoil too much surprises and as they said themselves, keep plenty back. This all has me wondering now.....the screenshots and trailers actually showed plenty already, of course we haven't seen all of Los Santos the city yet, but exactly how much can they actually have kept back? Guess we'll just have to wait and find out for ourselves. I'm actually really thinking of staying away from any major updates on the game, screenshots fine...but real info? No.

GTA Master Blaster
  • GTA Master Blaster

JustMe

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE (Hvitdverg @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 20:42)
People saying it's small, are stupid.

THIS ^^

It's Massive & I can't wait to get my hands on it! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:10 PM

@mosquito: with exception to where that southern road leads I think we have seen all of Los santos the city

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Friday, May 31 2013, 14:10)
@mosquito: with exception to where that southern road leads I think we have seen all of Los santos the city

Not all though. We still have to see some downtown stills.

jolzew1
  • jolzew1

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE (xrCore @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 16:11)
They took the upper half of my map I made at 4AM. It was completely drunken guesswork. Their map still looks better than mine, but I thought it was funny that it was so similair to mine.

Proof: http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1062573434

EDIT: Too big of text.

LOL that's awesome, excellent drunken mapping! Def. your map! lol

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:30 PM

That would be ridiculous really. And i don't think that's the case. While the city doesn't look very huge, no way we've seen everything there is to see. Screenshots can only show so much and the trailers go through everything really fast.

RockStarNiko
  • RockStarNiko

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE (DODI3OG @ Friday, May 31 2013, 13:38)
There was a preview w/c stated that from what they've seen, LS seems to be only 1/8-1/10 of the map.

From what we can see on the map CVG made, LS seems to be only 1/5 of that part. There might be another part of the map w/c isn't shown to us yet. So maybe, that part is the other /5.

On the CVG map, LS looks to be just under 1/4 the total map size.

Considering San Andreas was 6 KM wide

How wide is the city and how wide is the total map? Approx

Game2048
  • Game2048

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:36 PM Edited by Game2048, 31 May 2013 - 02:41 PM.

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Friday, May 31 2013, 14:30)

That would be ridiculous really. And i don't think that's the case. While the city doesn't look very huge, no way we've seen everything there is to see. Screenshots can only show so much and the trailers go through everything really fast.

We've seen almost all key and main things. This video greatly shows this. All locations from trailers, screens are very close to each other.

That's "amazing, huge and so diverse Los Santos" according to Rockstar. In reality - it's pretty small and we have seen almost everything in this city.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:45 PM

If that's truly the case, which i still doubt. Cause like i said..a screenshot only shows so much. Let's say you got a screenshot of the ghetto, it shows only one view of it, i'm going to exploring EVERYWHERE!!! smile.gif . Really....i truly wonder what is left for the marketing campaign. As Take Two called it...a innovative marketing campaign. WHAT exactly are they going to be revealing more, except for multiplayer info? You can only show so much of the city and countryside and STILL keeping plenty of stuck back from the people.

sh*t..in any case, i hope Los Santos is AT LEAST as big as Sleeping Dogs' city.

Game2048
  • Game2048

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Friday, May 31 2013, 14:45)
If that's truly the case, which i still doubt. Cause like i said..a screenshot only shows so much. Let's say you got a screenshot of the ghetto, it shows only one view of it, i'm going to exploring EVERYWHERE!!! smile.gif . Really....i truly wonder what is left for the marketing campaign. As Take Two called it...a innovative marketing campaign. WHAT exactly are they going to be revealing more, except for multiplayer info? You can only show so much of the city and countryside and STILL keeping plenty of stuck back from the people.

sh*t..in any case, i hope Los Santos is AT LEAST as big as Sleeping Dogs' city.

Yes, of course. It doesn't mean that you've seen every street. But the fact that you've seen all key locations...

When you're watching this video, you see that this scene from trailer took place here and this scene from screen took place here.

And then you realize how all this in fact is very close to each other, and how Rockstar showed so many key locations.

For me it's already enough for disappointment, because I expected that the city will be bigger and there will be more things and locations that I have not seen on the screens.

Von_Von
  • Von_Von

Vercetti lives!

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:17 PM

CVG under fire... I think is unfair. Its an opinion, not the final thing.

Diesel311
  • Diesel311

Hunter of V's

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE (Von_Von @ Friday, May 31 2013, 11:17)
CVG under fire... I think is unfair. Its an opinion, not the final thing.

Exactly, it is their representation of the map. Not "the" map.

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:19 PM Edited by GTAaLEX117, 31 May 2013 - 03:22 PM.

QUOTE (Game2048 @ Friday, May 31 2013, 14:36)
That's "amazing, huge and so diverse Los Santos" according to Rockstar. In reality - it's pretty small and we have seen almost everything in this city.

You can't argue that it's not "amazing" or "diverse". As for the scale, if you think a city with the same landmass as LC (the biggest city R* has ever done) is huge, then this is "huge" as well.

AgentGTAVI
  • AgentGTAVI

Awaiting the affirmation of Grand Theft Auto: VI.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:28 PM

It is surely an impressive prototype of the final product, which when zoomed in will expose the beautiful, intricate details. smile.gif Rockstar is the king of trickery, and the implementation of such will be heavily ingrained in Grand Theft Auto: V. It only generates more excitement and inquisition. Exit, stage-right, to consult YouTube and be further enlightened by CVG's map impression. monocle.gif

mobe
  • mobe

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:42 PM

I think some of you are missing the point of the CVG map. They've stated its by no means meant to be what they think the final map will look like. Its just a rough sketch to start with for the fan community to edit and muck about with.

The Just Cause 2 map is interesting as comparison. I don't think the GTAV map will be as big but I think in terms of its design it will be just as detailed with many little islands and inlets dotted around it with the same complex topographical design. It won't be just a whole blob like the current fan maps in circulation and like the San Andreas map was. I have absolutely no doubt there will be more than one island to visit.

user posted image

DJ_McLovin
  • DJ_McLovin

Twilight is best pony

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:49 PM

I could see them doing that with a big island and some small ones to add some more variety. I wonder what kinds of Easter eggs we'll find on those islands? Maybe we'll find buried treasure or some sort of abandoned towns or something.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:49 PM

We have seen an over head shot of Los santos north south east and west. Of course we haven't seen details street by street but we have seen how big the city is. Any one who can't see that is kidding themselves.

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Friday, May 31 2013, 15:49)
We have seen an over head shot of Los santos north south east and west. Of course we haven't seen details street by street but we have seen how big the city is. Any one who can't see that is kidding themselves.

We've seen the N, W and E, but we certainly didn't see everything in the south. Judging by that highway, there's probably a decent sized island that we haven't seen. But I don't think it's more than 10-25% of the city.

DS 17
  • DS 17

om nom nom

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE (GTA Master Blaster @ Friday, May 31 2013, 15:10)
QUOTE (Hvitdverg @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 20:42)
People saying it's small, are stupid.

THIS ^^

It's Massive & I can't wait to get my hands on it! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Sure, these people can't have their own opinion, what?
And don't forget there will be lots of useless space because of the mountains. So the map seems bigger than it actually is. Remember how much space Mt. Chilliad took and on how less space we were really able to play or to use.
I always wanted a huge mountain range, but I always imagined a bigger world, not at all after all the magazines wrote the map will be that massive. It doesn't look that massive to me after I see this small LS street grid.

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (DS 17 @ Friday, May 31 2013, 15:59)
I always wanted a huge mountain range, but I always imagined a bigger world, not at all after all the magazines wrote the map will be that massive. It doesn't look that massive to me after I see this small LS street grid.

Well firstly, the map isn't really accurate. It was drawn by a member of this forum and is mostly guesswork.
Secondly, you do realize that the streets in LS are much larger than the ones in LC right? Most of them are 4 lane (with large medians and shoulders) and there's even an 8 lane central highway.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:08 PM

QUOTE (GTAaLEX117 @ Friday, May 31 2013, 16:05)
QUOTE (DS 17 @ Friday, May 31 2013, 15:59)

Well firstly, the map isn't really accurate. It was drawn by a member of this forum and is mostly guesswork.
Secondly, you do realize that the streets in LS are much larger than the ones in LC right? Most of them are 4 lane (with large medians and shoulders) and there's even an 8 lane central highway.

And do not forget the amount of alley-ways!

mobe
  • mobe

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:09 PM

The bottom line is I trust Rockstar to make the map a perfect size. Just Cause 2 proved that just having an enormous map doesn't make an open world game great on its own. You need detail and things to do balanced perfectly with the size of geographical terrain given to you to do it all in.

Another thing the CVG website haven't talked about is other environments. I still think there will be snow covered mountains to the North of the island bigger than anything we've seen so far.

StellarFish20
  • StellarFish20

Pow.

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE (mobe @ Friday, May 31 2013, 17:09)
Another thing the CVG website haven't talked about is other environments. I still think there will be snow covered mountains to the North of the island bigger than anything we've seen so far.

I believe Chilliad will be snow capped, although I don't know for sure if we have seen Chilliad or not yet. I mean, why shouldn't Rockstar include snow? It's been done with RDR and it was effective.

mobe
  • mobe

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:16 PM

QUOTE (StellarFish20 @ Friday, May 31 2013, 16:12)

I believe Chilliad will be snow capped, although I don't know for sure if we have seen Chilliad or not yet. I mean, why shouldn't Rockstar include snow? It's been done with RDR and it was effective.

Exactly. I really don't believe Rockstar would have shown the highest points or certainly the most dramatic points of the map this early on. They released the first images of the San Andreas Mt Chilliad very late on in that games promotion if I remember rightly.

Its a no brainer for them to include snow covered mountains I think. The leaked Max Payne 3 vehicle list had snow vehicles in it too. More evidence.

StellarFish20
  • StellarFish20

Pow.

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE (mobe @ Friday, May 31 2013, 17:16)
QUOTE (StellarFish20 @ Friday, May 31 2013, 16:12)

Exactly. I really don't believe Rockstar would have shown the highest points or certainly the most dramatic points of the map this early on. They released the first images of the San Andreas Mt Chilliad very late on in that games promotion if I remember rightly.

Its a no brainer for them to include snow covered mountains I think. The leaked Max Payne 3 vehicle list had snow vehicles in it too. More evidence.

Also, if I remember correctly, in the recent previews some articles said the demo player only gave them a 180 degree view and that was towards Los Santos so, for me at least, they are hiding something in the north.
Could be a large settlement, snow capped mountain, or water.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE (GTAaLEX117 @ Friday, May 31 2013, 10:53)
QUOTE (deffpony @ Friday, May 31 2013, 15:49)

We've seen the N, W and E, but we certainly didn't see everything in the south. Judging by that highway, there's probably a decent sized island that we haven't seen. But I don't think it's more than 10-25% of the city.

That was my reply to mosquito after he replied to me saying this.

I know there is that small portion we don't know about, maybe an island. But other than that.

DjMiikkii
  • DjMiikkii

Hardstyle FTW!

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE (The Scottish Guy @ Friday, May 31 2013, 04:41)
Sorry, but I firmly believe the map will look nothing like that.

Dude you do realize that part of the city has been shown by Rockstar on the Special Edition, which is also in their map.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE (DjMiikkii @ Friday, May 31 2013, 17:40)

Dude you do realize that part of the city has been shown by Rockstar on the Special Edition, which is also in their map.

We know. But there's more to that map. Los Santos can't be that small, can't be.

mobe
  • mobe

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Friday, May 31 2013, 18:14)
QUOTE (DjMiikkii @ Friday, May 31 2013, 17:40)

We know. But there's more to that map. Los Santos can't be that small, can't be.

There's clearly a bit missing to the top right of the map but other than that it looks all there. It looks a pretty decent size to me, about right. Like I said earlier I trust Rockstar to make it feel a decent size. Having a huge urban sprawl that goes on endlessly just seems a bit of a wasted space.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users