Photo

Latest GTA 5 o'clock Video - Map Project

474 replies to this topic
mobe
  • mobe

Peon

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:16 PM

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Friday, May 31 2013, 12:04)
QUOTE (mobe @ Friday, May 31 2013, 16:27)
QUOTE (RichyB @ Friday, May 31 2013, 01:36)
You're all f*cking retards.

They say there's a ton of guesswork, what do you people expect? They don't have insider knowledge, they're fans like us trying their best with mapping.

And yes they took a lot from our mapping project but they clearly give massive props for that and basically said that it was an amalgamation of what they had seen around the web.

Bitches acting like they should know more than us, they don't, they're working with exactly what we are.

Give them a break.

To be fair they do have some insider knowledge in that they've seen the map, or at least part of it from the demo they saw. Also, Rockstar acknowledged to them that the GTA fan map from which the GTA 5'Oclock map is based was 'eerily close' to the actual map.

Although the details in it are obviously off I'd say this map is probably fairly accurate in terms of general shape. We just don't have any sense of scale.

Where did R* say that?

Rockstar said it to the guys from GTA 5 O'Clock after they'd previewed them the demo.

freedom
  • freedom

Trick

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:17 PM

People need to keep in mind two things:

1. This map is built through partial info & educated guesses. & It seems a pretty good guess, given what we have seen.

2. People crying about it looking small are being are not using their brains. The roads are NOT to scale, in fact NOTHING is to scale. It is just a general idea of the layout.

If you want to see some scale look at the screenshots

Example, Look at the size of the terrain, Look at the size of the truck & the cars on road:

user posted image

If this map is generally correct, it is huge.

Cyberzone2
  • Cyberzone2

Zee's assistant and Resident Troll

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:24 PM

QUOTE (mobe @ Friday, May 31 2013, 12:16)

They say there's a ton of guesswork, what do you people expect? They don't have insider knowledge, they're fans like us trying their best with mapping.

And yes they took a lot from our mapping project but they clearly give massive props for that and basically said that it was an amalgamation of what they had seen around the web.

Bitches acting like they should know more than us, they don't, they're working with exactly what we are.

Give them a break.

To be fair they do have some insider knowledge in that they've seen the map, or at least part of it from the demo they saw. Also, Rockstar acknowledged to them that the GTA fan map from which the GTA 5'Oclock map is based was 'eerily close' to the actual map.

Although the details in it are obviously off I'd say this map is probably fairly accurate in terms of general shape. We just don't have any sense of scale.

Where did R* say that?

Rockstar said it to the guys from GTA 5 O'Clock after they'd previewed them the demo.

Source or it didnt happen

VANGALEZ
  • VANGALEZ

Vandolf Hitgalez, Zidane's right hand

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:38 PM Edited by VANGALEZ, 31 May 2013 - 12:41 PM.

I've been comparing buildings this is the result
user posted image

FloridaGatorPride
  • FloridaGatorPride

GatorPride24

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:42 PM

I believe the playable area of the RDR map is smaller than SA, but the Whole map of RDR is definitely bigger than SA. I really wish R* could of let us play the whole map of RDR!

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE (VANGALEZ @ Friday, May 31 2013, 12:38)
I've been comparing buildings this is the result
http://imageshack.us...18/gta5lcsa.png

That's far from accurate. SA is bigger than IV, and LC is too big compared to the LS in V in this comparison.
The yellow lines in here are wider than the width of the roads in the blueprint map. Compare the roads in IV to those ones.

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE (Cyberzone2 @ Friday, May 31 2013, 12:24)
QUOTE (mobe @ Friday, May 31 2013, 12:16)

Give them a break.

Where did R* say that?

Source or it didnt happen

Actually, that's not entirely correct. CVG said that during the preview, Rockstar had said that there were some eerily close fan made maps. They didn't specify which ones, especially considering that the fanmap which the GTA 5'Oclock map is based on wasn't even around back then.

LWE112
  • LWE112

Prankster

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:58 PM

So now that we know the size of Los santos can we confirm that it is bigger than LA in MCLA or LA Noire????

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:13 PM

QUOTE (mobe @ Friday, May 31 2013, 17:46)

Give them a break.

Where did R* say that?

Exactly when and where was that said?

grandthefthoughto
  • grandthefthoughto

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:17 PM

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Friday, May 31 2013, 13:13)

Give them a break.

Where did R* say that?

sorry i can't give exact info but i definitely remember this being said on one of the episodes of gtav o'clcok...

Neckbeard
  • Neckbeard

who?

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE (grandthefthoughto @ Friday, May 31 2013, 13:17)
sorry i can't give exact info but i definitely remember this being said on one of the episodes of gtav o'clcok...

All they said was that as far as they (CVG) remember the look of the map, some of the fanmade ones are pretty close to it
Rockstar didn't say anything about fanmade stuff

the_grizzly_man
  • the_grizzly_man

Snitch

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:24 PM

Give them a break.

Where did R* say that?

Dan Dawkins mentioned the eerily close community made maps in the CVG map preview vid. Link below - go 3:40 in for Dan saying this.

Youtube: CVG GTAV Map Preview

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:28 PM

Give them a break.

Where did R* say that?

They never said which maps Rockstar were referring to, Rockstar probably didn't tell them.

the_grizzly_man
  • the_grizzly_man

Snitch

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE (Neckbeard @ Friday, May 31 2013, 13:21)

All they said was that as far as they (CVG) remember the look of the map, some of the fanmade ones are pretty close to it

Nope, CVG in the youtube preview said that Rockstar thought the community made maps were very close to the real map

RockStarNiko
  • RockStarNiko

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:33 PM

If the community made maps were eerily close then why is the CVG map so different than the community maps?

At first glance you might think wow they are similar, but they are not.

The big elephant in the room is the Alamo Sea.

If CVG guys see the Alamo Sea in more or less the same place as it is in the game, this one factor alone could lead them to believe the map is "eerily close".

The countryside of the community maps are very very vague, all you have is 2 mountains, a lake, 2 rivers and the prison, runway, satellites area. There is hardly any detail outside the city.

The CVG map only has one river, one mountain and even the prison is in a different position (I think the community maps have it more accurately placed).

So even with so few details the CVG map is completely different to the community maps.

None of these maps have any detail.

CVG adding random squiggly lines for roads and towns does not count as detail either, just random doodling.

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 20:41)
QUOTE (deffpony @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 21:40)
How is that 1/6 of the map.

My immediate thoughts. That map is small, too small. And now it's not just the city but the whole map that's small.

Same thought here, I think all of rockstars screens have been from one region, and we are yet to see 99% of the map

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE (RockStarNiko @ Friday, May 31 2013, 13:33)
If the community made maps were eerily close then why is the CVG map so different than the community maps?

If CVG guys see the Alamo Sea in more or less the same place as it is in the game, this one factor alone could lead them to believe the map is "eerily close".

The countryside of the community maps are very very vague, all you have is 2 mountains, a lake, 2 rivers and the prison, runway, satellites area. There is hardly any detail outside the city.

The CVG map only has one river, one mountain and even the prison is in a different position (I think the community maps have it more accurately placed).

So even with so few details the CVG map is completely different to the community maps.

CVG adding random squiggly lines for roads and towns does not count as detail either, just random doodling.

QUOTE (xrCore @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 21:34)
Click for larger:
user posted image

I thought my map sucked, thanks for using it though CVG!

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:37 PM

Apart from the outline of the Island, it's almost identical to a map made by some "xcore" or something (sorry, can't remember your name), something which he admitted to be a "drunken guess". I'm not sure why they selected that map for their video. It could be that it was a superb guess which is brilliantly close to the real thing, or it could be that they couldn't be bothered to find the (in my opinion) more accurate maps which had been in production for months now.

<Yang3
  • <Yang3

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:38 PM

There was a preview w/c stated that from what they've seen, LS seems to be only 1/8-1/10 of the map.

From what we can see on the map CVG made, LS seems to be only 1/5 of that part. There might be another part of the map w/c isn't shown to us yet. So maybe, that part is the other /5.

RockStarNiko
  • RockStarNiko

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

QUOTE (josephene123 @ Friday, May 31 2013, 13:37)

Apart from the outline of the Island, it's almost identical to a map made by some "xcore" or something (sorry, can't remember your name), something which he admitted to be a "drunken guess". I'm not sure why they selected that map for their video. It could be that it was a superb guess which is brilliantly close to the real thing, or it could be that they couldn't be bothered to find the (in my opinion) more accurate maps which had been in production for months now.

Personally I believe the forum member who posted that map is one of the CVG staff members and they could have posted it on this forum to test the waters and get feedback.

We already know CVG are well aware of this forum. so what better place to test their own map?

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:42 PM

@3:24

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE (RockStarNiko @ Friday, May 31 2013, 13:41)
QUOTE (josephene123 @ Friday, May 31 2013, 13:37)

Personally I believe the forum member who posted that map is one of the CVG staff members and they could have posted it on this forum to test the waters and get feedback.

We already know CVG are well aware of this forum. so what better place to test their own map?

He didn't exactly get great feedback, though, and his account was created a while ago. It's a possibility though

meowstache
  • meowstache

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

lol 3.5 times RDR? Seriously Rockstar?

Not even 3.5 times Liberty City

Cyberzone2
  • Cyberzone2

Zee's assistant and Resident Troll

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE (meowstache @ Friday, May 31 2013, 13:45)

This is not a real map , just speculation .

Exactly, CVG fan map landmass is around 3x Liberty city .

davegrimes96
  • davegrimes96

One man army

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:52 PM

why does the freeway at the bottom of the map go into the sea dontgetit.gif

tinman187
  • tinman187

DoUgHbOi

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:53 PM

I don't know how I feel about this ... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm dozingoff.gif

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:53 PM

QUOTE (Cyberzone2 @ Friday, May 31 2013, 13:48)
QUOTE (meowstache @ Friday, May 31 2013, 13:45)

This is not a real map , just speculation .

Exactly, CVG fan map landmass is around 3x Liberty city .

Playable area of RDR = Liberty City inc. water (more or less).

almostrodney
  • almostrodney

Trick

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

am i the only one thats realised, that if this map is indeed true, that the ocean prety much flows into a dam?

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE (reform @ Friday, May 31 2013, 13:42)

@3:24

Yep they clearly say it. Which is i guess a bit worrisome. But we've still got three weeks and 17 days to go or so...and it's not really a good idea to keep worrying and being disappointed in the map. It won't change anything, and i do still think its important to realize we don't know the exact scale.

freedom
  • freedom

Trick

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:02 PM

QUOTE (TakinThyBacon @ Friday, May 31 2013, 13:34)
QUOTE (Raavi @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 20:41)
QUOTE (deffpony @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 21:40)
How is that 1/6 of the map.

My immediate thoughts. That map is small, too small. And now it's not just the city but the whole map that's small.

Same thought here, I think all of rockstars screens have been from one region, and we are yet to see 99% of the map

Of course there is lots we haven't but to expect that there is some other huge region is only really going to led to disappointment.

This place is going to be FULL of people crying come release.

Lower your expectations for best results.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users