Photo

The Crew

426 replies to this topic
Tonythomas180
  • Tonythomas180

Football mad

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:54 AM

These are some of the cities I've heard or read.

Los Angeles
New York
Vegas
Boston
New Orleans
Denver
Aspen
San fransisco

Someone needs to screenshot and post up the map. I dunno how because I'm old nd scared I may break things.

There will also be loads of little towns littered about.

Also if it took him 1hr 45 mins to get to la from Miami even if he averaged 180 mph that's around 250 miles across.( this isn't accurate but it would be close to this.)

Also if they put route 66 on the map I may explode.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:18 PM Edited by Cosmic Gypsy, 13 June 2013 - 12:21 PM.

I think Chicago and Detroit are also in the game.

To be fair i saw the entire map on a video the other day, the player zoomed out of the game play and into the map, the city he was in seemed very small. (Smaller than Liberty City from GTA IV) Not sure if they actually are smaller than GTA IV, i don't know the scale or anything, they just look small on the zoomed out map. Which to be fair, might still mean they are big since the map is so huge, Detroit especially looks tiny though.

EDIT: GunWrath has it covered, that is what i saw.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:18 PM

user posted image

Although this says 'the entire United States' doesn't mean every city, etc will be included.. but it gives you the impression of how vast this will be which is f*cking awesome.

Other cities include:

Seattle
Detroit
Chicago
Dallas

As far as the map, can't find a decent one but I have snapshots from the video;
Part of New York
user posted image
Entire view (not including all cities/towns)
user posted image
Chicago and Detroit
user posted image

Tonythomas180
  • Tonythomas180

Football mad

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:28 PM

Looking like a decent amount of major cities are in there.

I'm also hoping for iconic locations

The grand canyon
Hoover dam
Mount Rushmore
Area 51 ( even if its just viewable like in real life from a distance)

I'm guessing there are loads more but I'm English so I suck at american geographiy

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:12 PM

Nice imagination man.. I wouldn't mind seeing some landmarks like that either.. even if reachable, destructible as well tounge.gif since destruction is almost everything in the game, I seen a quote where buildings can be driven through, etc.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:17 PM

I'm not fussed about it not having every city since it's already way too big if it had every single city, it'd take like 8 hours to drive from the East to the West Coast. It would be cool if Area 51 was in the game and there is a mission in which you have escape from it in a car. Nice screens GW!

anyway question, is the PS4 version actually confirmed for the game, I know it'll be released eventually but they just hinted at a PS4 version, it'd be cool if it was actually confirmed for PS4.
  • M210F likes this

lh1
  • lh1

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 13:17)
I'm not fussed about it not having every city since it's already way too big if it had every single city, it'd take like 8 hours to drive from the East to the West Coast. It would be cool if Area 51 was in the game and there is a mission in which you have escape from it in a car. Nice screens GW!

anyway question, is the PS4 version actually confirmed for the game, I know it'll be released eventually but they just hinted at a PS4 version, it'd be cool if it was actually confirmed for PS4.

Of course it is.

Here's the Press Release.

UBISOFT® STEERS GAMERS INTO NEXT-GEN WITH NEW OPEN WORLD DRIVING TITLE THE CREW

LOS ANGELES – June 10, 2013 – Today at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), Ubisoft revealed The Crew, a revolutionary online action-driving game developed exclusively for Xbox One®, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PlayStation® 4 computer entertainment system and for PC, to be released early 2014.

Development of The Crew is being led by Ivory Tower, a team of racing game veterans and an exclusive partner to Ubisoft, in collaboration with several Ubisoft studios including Reflections Ltd., a Ubisoft studio, best known for its work on the Driver® franchise.

The Crew propels gamers on a reckless ride through a massive open world version of the United States of America, brimming with exciting challenges and diverse terrain - from city to suburb, county to county, state to state, coast to summit. The Crew redefines the level of freedom players experience in a driving game by offering a playground of unprecedented scope in which any driving fantasy can be realized: street, dirt, cross-country, circuit and more.

To bring that vision to life, The Crew leverages the capabilities of new hardware to connect players online like never before. The Crew's persistent online world is populated by other real players, meaning any other car is a potential rival or ally, and naturally fostering both competition and cooperation among players. This living world provides a tailored experience to a new generation of gamers, as each player is given the choice to play alone, or to team up on-the-go with friends to accomplish collective challenges.

Finally, players can continue to interact with The Crew game world on a second screen via the companion application that will be available soon for iOS® and Android™ devices. The Crew companion app will allow for peripheral, complementary experiences, providing a more intricate player experience overall.

"We want to give players a driving experience that goes way beyond the classic circuit-based racing games and really captures the boundless sense of freedom of driving across the U.S.," said, Julian Gerighty, creative director, Ubisoft. "Our teams are harnessing the power of next-generation platforms to make The Crew a challenging, immersive and non-stop world that can be shared by millions of players. This is a brand new driving game experience unlike anything that's come before it."

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:12 PM

Yay! PC version too, because I don't think I'll buy a PS4 right away, I can still play it on my laptop since it doesn't have amazing graphics anyway. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:47 PM

This game blows my noodle. I'm not a fan of racing games unless they have lots of customization or good free roaming experience like some Driver games, but this is something else. It's exciting.

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

If You Know What I Mean

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:23 PM

That map is generalizing that there is nothing but snow in the black hills. While that may be the norm, we get sunny days up here. I hope my tiny ass town is in the game, I've always wanted to get away with doing illegal crap here.

Tonythomas180
  • Tonythomas180

Football mad

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:45 PM

The reason the graphics were a tad dissapointing i believe is because they ran a ported current gen version. im almost 100% sure that they planned to release this game on ps3 and 360. dont forget to that they are still in development and will have every chance to sharpen the looks.

In all honest the graphics didnt bother me that much its a huge game its never gonna look as good as battlefield or the division.

also someone from ign has played a demo of this ( he said in the post ubisoft conference episode i think ) and he said he was impressed by it and it looked amazing. Obviously we have gta v to come which im gonna absoulutely play to death on ps3 ( Tonythomas1984 ) if anyone wants to add me. but after gta id say im most excited about this. just hope it dosent turn out to be fuel 1,5 ( fuel was a 360 game which had 10,000 miles of road to drive around and although it looked pretty, it was wayyyyyyyyyyy to big and filled with emptyness, me and a friend did a drive all the way across that map it took us 6 hours sad.gif (((( )

if ubisoft can deliver a world this big which is full of things to do then it will be a winner.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:17 AM Edited by Street Mix, 16 June 2013 - 04:19 PM.

Holy hot dicks from hell!!!!

This is my dream game I always wanted!!!!!!!!

I agree, I want moar Rainbow Six.

You really want that dumb s**t shooter over this awesomeness???? mercie_blink.gif mercie_blink.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:57 AM

What's wrong with the graphics? They're clean and nice, nothing wrong with them.

Really hoping for decal customisation, like MCLA's, that would just complete this. There'd be so many different choices. People drifting tuners around San Francisco, muscle cars through the Nevada desert, drag racing on the Vegas strip, drifting through Los Angeles hills, and some offroad truck racing in the woodlands.

Hope the open areas aren't just empty plains though. I'd like some Motorstorm-esque race tracks scattered around.

Man just the whole US thing hypes me up. Imagine setting up 8 people at Miami, and then everyone's objective is to set up their car which would best suit the job, then go around the borders of the entire US.

Low-slung Lamborgini sticking to the roads vs an offroad Camaro taking the offroad route.

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

I'm living in High Pressure Days.

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:55 PM Edited by Wheatley, 16 June 2013 - 02:58 PM.

user posted image

The size of the map just blows my mind completely yet I wonder what scale they are working on?

This definitely looks exciting to say the least, the possibilities look endless. I can't wait to see how long it takes to drive from Los Angeles to New York.

-Wheatley

rdbx1234
  • rdbx1234

Cow-tippin Crack Baby

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:28 PM

Being made by the original makers of TDU 1. wink.gif Also if it takes 1.5 hours to drive from Miami to LA, that means hypothetically it is roughly 3x bigger than the map of TDU1 which was 618 square miles, had a 1000 miles of road. In TDU1 it took roughly 30ish minutes to get from north west corner of the map to the south east corner of the map, so the crews map being 3x bigger sounds like one huge ass map. Looking forward to this game but hopefully somewhere down the line they'll include a more realistic handling dlc pack of sorts.. but I doubt it, it looks like they're going straight after the arcade scene.

Doesn't matter I'm still going to get it when it's out. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Tonythomas180
  • Tonythomas180

Football mad

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:55 PM

Just came across this, probably been seen before but nobady has posted it so thought i would.

There are some new gameplay videos that i hadnt seen before and he talks customization.

1. Street style customisation ( midnight club la for example )
2. Off road customisation ( for jumping over hills and sh*t )
3. Track based customization, he mentions full on circuit racing and says "closest to simulation as they are willing to go, but still arcadey enough for it to be fun"

also i noticed in the last bit of the video two cars racing through a riverbank and a bear YES A f*ckING BEAR runs out of the way of the approaching traffic ( i would have tried to screenshot it but i dunno how.

Tonythomas180
  • Tonythomas180

Football mad

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:05 AM

some new off screen gameplay.

jfavignano
  • jfavignano

Aviation/Weather Nerd

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:19 PM

WOW that new video of gameplay has blown my mind!

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:35 PM

cockpit view? shut up and take my money!

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

☛✔Goals Achieved: 1/1☚

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:52 PM

Damn, I will have to get this game, looks pretty damn cool. user posted image

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:52 PM

Shocking. If they will manage to keep their promises and give us a lot of cars to drive this may be the title worth buying next gen console for.

Tonythomas180
  • Tonythomas180

Football mad

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:53 PM

this game is shaping up to be pretty special. cockpit view was a nice surprise.

ill keep updating this topic when i come across new stuff.

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE (kudoboi @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 16:35)

This, I totally forgot they had that. In a big open world game like that, thought it would have no such view. Yet, there it is.

Meanwhile in GRID 2... whatsthat.gif

Android
  • Android

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE (DneroJohnson @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 14:56)

This, I totally forgot they had that. In a big open world game like that, thought it would have no such view. Yet, there it is.

Forza Horizon had it too. I love the cockpit view in games though smile.gif

SuperVeloce
  • SuperVeloce

Paramore <3

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE (Antagonista @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 20:16)
QUOTE (DneroJohnson @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 14:56)

Forza Horizon had it too. I love the cockpit view in games though smile.gif

TDU and TDU2 also has it. Though this looks a hell of a lot better than TDU2.

Tonythomas180
  • Tonythomas180

Football mad

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:00 AM

QUOTE (GtA01 @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 23:33)
TDU and TDU2 also has it. Though this looks a hell of a lot better than TDU2.

After TDU a few of the developers broke off to start work on this game. TDU2 was made be the few that stayed behind.

I preferred the original test drive unlimited so I'm very excited by this.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:15 AM

Who's up for a racing crew on PC? =]

xrCore
  • xrCore

'MURICA

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:52 AM

This is like Burnout, NFS, Driver, and Test Drive Unlimited combined for next-gen consoles. This looks real promising.

Tonythomas180
  • Tonythomas180

Football mad

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:34 PM

All very quiet on the details front, i have hear that its gonna be a march/april 2014 release.

was thinking of some things id like in the game and one thing id really like to see is ROUTE 66 we know the game is gonna be a scaled down version of the usa so why not a scaled down version of the worlds greatest road.

ill kepp searching for new stuff and when i find it ill post it here

Tonythomas180
  • Tonythomas180

Football mad

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:58 PM

i found this on the ubisoft forums it was a Q&A session. Here are some answers to questions

• Which kind of car types are you going to offer in THE CREW?
We will unveil more information about our car line-up later in the communication, but what we can say for the moment is that THE CREW will offer the widest variety of car types ever seen in a driving game, so that each gamer can find a vehicle for his taste, and can pick up the appropriate vehicle for the next challenge he’s up to. We’ve already unveiled at E3: muscle cars (old & new), pick-up, sports cars, GT cars, super cars. And THE CREW proposes a unique take on customization, so that each player can tune his car and make it unique, to really own it.

• Will it also be possible to drive motorcycles as well? And if so, just motorcross cycles or also streetcycles?
Nothing is planned for now, we’re focusing all our efforts to provide a top quality (car) driving game at release

• As we will be able to drive through such a vast environment, does that mean we will also have to refuel at some point?
We don’t want to frustrate gamers with having to refuel just like in real life - we only want them to enjoy the ride!

• What about day-night cycles and different weather conditions? Is THE CREW going to offer those?
There will be a day/night cycle.

• Will it be possible to drive freely without participating in a racing?
That’s part of the game core experience: for the first time in a driving game, players have the total freedom to drive from LA to Miami, from NYC to Vegas, with no loading time – alone, with friends, off-road or on-road… it’s their choice, nothing is imposed to them. And when they change their mind and feel like taking on a new challenge, they can do it at will, they will always find an activity (skill challenge, mission) to perform, or a friend to compete or cooperate with.

• We’ve heard about single and multiplayer modes, how does that work exactly?
In THE CREW, you are part of an online world, with other drivers around you. The choice is yours to play on your own in this living world, or to team up on the go with friends to accomplish collective challenges. It’s a brand new driving game experience unlike anything that’s come before it.

First, in the game’s universe, the experience is entirely customizable. You always have someone next to you, ready to jump into new challenges either with you or against you. You can decide to play a mission on your own, then change your mind and invite a friend to play it with you, or join a friend on the go to help him out on a mission you've already mastered, or just free-ride with old and new friends to discover one of the real world landmarks we've recreated. THE CREW offers you the freedom to tailor your experience at will.

• Can you tell us anything about the system requirements on PC (minimum/recommended specs)?
More information to come in the future.

• How much complex is the route system going to be? Can we expect side-roads or just the usual main roads inside the city?
This is one of the biggest challenges of the design team: to recreate a faithful inspiration of the US, fully open, and make it interesting for players to ride. The variety of terrains and road types is key to provide an enjoyable playground, so expect to see city streets, bridges, highways, but also country roads, desert tracks, mountain tracks, racing tracks ... Of course the road network has been adapted to a driving game, so for example the city streets are wide enough to allow for intense racing, without being stuck in the traffic.

• Is the environment going to be partially destructible?
Yes : You can smash barriers, lampposts, benches, billboards, among others – even deckchairs and lifeguard cabins if you ride on the beaches – but be careful : this will damage your car thus impact its performance!

• Can we expect a radio/music-feature in every car?
There will be a radio feature with different stations. Each radio will set up the mood and tone of the region the player is driving in. And you will be able to play your own playlist.

• Are these cars going to feature rear-mirrors?
No.

• Which camera perspectives will be available in the game (Please include cockpit!)?
You have 4 camera views at your disposal, including the famous cockpit view.

• How extensive is the customization feature going to be (colors, laquer type, vinyls, and stickers)?

There will be a wide range of features for the customization of your car.
200 Unique Stickers ( Handmade also ), 500 Colors , liveries, rims, Front / Rear bumpers, skirts, Rear Wings, Motor hoods , Front / Rear Fender , Front / Rear Light , Side mirror
from Asphalt 2 Off-road type

• Will it be possible to ram other players during free drive or coop or will there be no collision detection at all?

Collision will be present in some aspects of the game.
During coop mission with friends, there will be a collision aspect to consider but that’s why everyone is driving at his best in cooperative missions, otherwise everyone is impacted at the end.
Regarding driving in the open world, more will be revealed in the future. Although be sure that anarchic collisions happening everywhere have been taken in account, and you will be able to enjoy your free drive as you wish it.
Finally you will always be able to ignore someone, removing him from your traffic.

• Is THE CREW also going to make use of a damage model?

The Crew will include a full damage system via a life gauge. It will diminish each time the player hits something, the amount of life lost depending on how big the crash is. The bar will then replenish by itself until a certain point, that point being reached faster and faster as time goes by. After some time, the car will have to be repaired. Handling will be affected by the damages but only when they become pretty significant. The cars will get scratched or dented, the bumpers can fall down or hang off and if your vehicle is in bad shape, some scraping sounds or squeaky noises will be heard as you drive around or brake.

• How many cars can we expect to see in the game?
We can’t go into details for now, but we have an amazing range of car types, including some models that we’re eager to show later!

• Are there any plans for DLC in order to extend the game even more?
Our current focus is to finish this huge game, and offer a high quality experience to players. We acknowledge it’s a standard practice in AAA games now, but we’ll come back to this later, it’s not our focus right now.

Of course we‘ve got a plan to satisfy the community once the game is out. The Crew will be a living game that will listen to the community.

• Is THE CREW going to make use of an InGame-Voice Chat?
Yes – this is essential for us to give gamers all the tools to allow them to bond with their friends, and make the most out of this cooperative experience.

• Are there going to be level caps for some of the gamemodes?
Yes – more details will come in the future.

• How important is driving physics going to be? Are you going to focus more on simulation or arcade style games in terms of physics?
In terms of handling, THE CREW offers an action-driving type of gameplay, and we’re focusing our efforts to recreate believable driving sensations no matter the terrain.
Note that each car will have a unique feeling giving the players a wide range of driving sensations.

• As THE CREW is going to be an MMO, does that mean there will be a monthly fee for it or do you just have to pay for it once,?
No

• How are you going to handle progression in the game? Is there going to be any kind of currency?
You will earn XP, $, Crew Credits or PvP tokens in many ways.
This allows you tune your car with rare parts and even more.

• Can you tell us anything about a potential ladder or tournament system?
There will be an ongoing competition between players. More details to be revealed in the future.

• What about a Global Chat to encourage players to spend their time with others?
No global chat is planned for now.

• Strictly speaking, will cross-platform play be possible (considering the game will be released on multiple platforms, it seems likely)?
No cross-platform will be available. But we do offer a 2nd screen experience. We intend to allow players to be able to do all their building, organizing, and trading away from the console, so valuable time spent in front of the console can be spent immersed in the pure adrenaline delight of the core experience. We will provide more details later on the tablet experience, but what we showed at E3 is the ability to tune your car on tablet in a very accessible way, so that you're all set for new challenges when you return to gaming on your home console.

• What is the name of the song (used in your Trailer)?
The Glitch Mob, Warrior Concerto https://www.facebook....39873862875934

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users