Photo

On/Off feature for the dynamic soundtrack

8 replies to this topic
Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:24 AM

There really needs to be a feature that allows for the dynamic soundtrack to be turned off. I've got to state first that I'm not against the idea of having the dynamic soundtrack, especially things like intense chase scenes or tranquil skydives. It's just that I really want to sometimes be capable of turning it off and drive through the streets of Los Santos and Blaine county and being able to enjoy the ambient sounds of the environment. Does anyone else feel this way?

Alxste
  • Alxste

Alxste

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:32 AM

This. I want to hear animals and water, things like that when I'm in my big ol custom truck

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:34 AM

Options > Audio > Music > Off

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:38 AM

Well, if you drive, you can switch off the radio... Like in any other GTA.

As for the music that'll play during action scenes etc, don't know if we'll be able to turn that off. But maybe

Honest Bill
  • Honest Bill

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:10 PM

I would be very surprised if it didn't have a volume slider for this. Most games do.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:13 PM

There will be a slider in the menu:

SFX |-----------------=-|
VOICE |-------------=-----|
RADIO |---------------=---|
MUSIC |=------------------|

99% games have this.

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:17 PM

QUOTE (Honest Bill @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 12:10)
I would be very surprised if it didn't have a volume slider for this. Most games do.

Yes, exactly. It won't be an on/off switch in the audio options menu, but rather a slider separate from the radio volume slider. Currently GTA IV has a volume slider for sound effects and radio audio, so this would just be an additional one.

GTA IV also has some other audio-related options, including an option for whether people talking in the car decreases radio volume. I think V will have a similar option to decide whether the musical score or the radio will take priority when you're in a vehicle with the radio on and you're in a car chase of some kind.

How I'm guessing it will work:

Apparently there will be some subtle atmosphere music playing occasionally during free-roam. I think that this will not play as soon as you're in a vehicle with the radio on, whether or not you choose for the radio to take priority. It's just not that important.

However, when you're in a mission or (possibly) when wanted, tension music will play during vehicle chases. If the option is turned in favor of the radio, that music will not play as long as you're in the car and the radio is on. If it's turned in favor of the musical score, the score will play and the radio will be completely muted for the duration of the music.

I actually recall reading somewhere early on that this was the case, like in an interview with Leslie Benzies or something, but since I don't feel like digging around for the source, I'll just pass this off as speculation.

Fluttershy Pony
  • Fluttershy Pony

Yay.

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:22 PM

Yes, listening to the ambience of the environment would be amazing. Imagine going for an early morning walk in the countryside, and all you can hear is the sound of the air breezing, and birds chirping, as you watch the sun rise up over the city... Oh, wasn't the dynamic soundtrack for missions only?

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE (-=Bert=- @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 12:22)
Oh, wasn't the dynamic soundtrack for missions only?

Well the recent previews confirmed subtle atmospheric music playing when Franklin went skydiving (described as something similar to the music in the Journey radio station in GTA IV), and when Trevor dived into the lake (described as long, quiet, drawn out notes). I'm not sure whether that means that kind of music will play when we're just walking about in the countryside or the city, or if it just plays when we're engaging in a particular activity like sky-diving.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users