Photo

Sound help please.

15 replies to this topic
Ryujin.
  • Ryujin.

First blood

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:22 AM Edited by RyujinXKaizer, 29 May 2013 - 05:46 AM.

So I noticed ever since I upgraded my PC, these so-called "crackling sounds" started everytime I play music, or even games. Now since I'm not a computer geek, could anyone give me a basic advice to at least lessen the crackling? I love to listen to music, but it seems like the crackling is causing me to not listen at all. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Notes:
-Already tried to update drivers. It said that all drivers are updated. And still the same.
-Tried to disable AMD High definition audio. Still the same.

Processor: AMD A8-5600k APU w/ Radeon™ HD Graphics (3.60GHz)
Video card: ATI Radeon HD 5500 series
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Audio: Realtek HD Audio
Motherboard: Emaxx Technology.,Ltd EMX-A55FM2HD-iCafe (P0)

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Best Contributor [Technology] 2012

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:27 AM

Tried using a different set of speakers or headphones?

Ryujin.
  • Ryujin.

First blood

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:57 AM Edited by RyujinXKaizer, 29 May 2013 - 07:00 AM.

Yes. Tried 2 headphones. Still has crackling/popping sounds.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Absolute Dunkel:Heit

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:08 AM

Which output are you using? Rear-mounted motherboard or front-mounted audio jack? If it's rear mounted motherboard and your cables are all fine, then it could be an issue with that or your PSU. If it's front, it's likely interference of some kind or a connector not properly aligned.

Ryujin.
  • Ryujin.

First blood

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:47 AM Edited by RyujinXKaizer, 29 May 2013 - 08:05 AM.

QUOTE (sivispacem @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 15:08)
Which output are you using? Rear-mounted motherboard or front-mounted audio jack? If it's rear mounted motherboard and your cables are all fine, then it could be an issue with that or your PSU. If it's front, it's likely interference of some kind or a connector not properly aligned.

You mean the location where the speakers are plugged in? If so, then it's plugged in at the back. Note that this only happened after I upgraded this PC.

EDIT: Oh right, I forgot to mention that the sounds suck if it's plugged in at the front-mounted audio jack. It's not actually
EDIT2: Thanks sivi for mentioning about the front audio jack! I guess there's a problem at the back. I tried playing Bat Country(which always crackles if it's on the back) and when I tried it plugging it at the front jack, it's not crackling. Again thanks!
cookie.gif
EDIT3: Looks like the cable of my speakers can't fit in the front audio jack. Seems like I can only plug it in the rear mounted motherboard.

Mods please don't lock this yet, since I have to reply here if the problem still persists.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:34 PM

Why do your speakers fit the back and not the front? The physical jacks are identical. Are we talking multiple speaker jacks required like on a surround sound setup? If that's the case you might need to invest in a cheap PCI-E sound card to power them as it sounds like the connectors for your rear jacks might be a bit FUBAR'd.

Ryujin.
  • Ryujin.

First blood

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:44 AM

The front jacks are too small(yeah, maybe just my case, since my headphones don't fit). And yes, I was thinking of getting a sound card too. Since the board might be grounded

Hmm, which has a better sound, PCI-E or Sound Blaster? Since those two have like the same price(here in the ph) and that fits my budget.

loony979
  • loony979

Homie

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:10 AM Edited by loony979, 30 May 2013 - 06:14 AM.

Hi RyujinXKaizer
Few things i would like to point out for you to learn ,as you
said :::basic advice:::

Lets get into it.

---Jacks---

there a 2 types that are mostly common to us PC users.
as you can see in this pic there is a

.3.5 mm connector (use for say a walkman Diskman Ipod)
.6.3mm connector (use for say Monitor Headphones ,bass amp so on)

then there is this
Connector 3.5mm stereo mini jack plug with adaptor to 6.3mm connector
this would be this -
user posted image

Im assuming you use the this on you're motherboard -
user posted image

Last thing you said ,was you may grab a soundcard -
i currently use this - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty
user posted image
These are great for gamers & Made by Gamers - they aren't to pricey ,when i got mine 2 years i payed about $250 you can pick up the newer version for around $100-$150 .

It will do all the sound you will ever need ,& trust me when i say this ,as im a DJ & gamer i can record - "What You Hear " use 5.1 on mine no problems (Newer version has 7.1) i have mine hooked up to my home theater unit sony ,Via DTS fibre optic cable ,in my opinion the best way to have sound ...

Hope this helps ... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:59 AM

I'm very surprised that your front jack is too small if your rear one is the correct size. I've never seen anyone use a 6.3mm jack on a motherboard before.

You can get 3.5mm adapters from most hardware stores. Take your headphones to make sure you get the right one, that's cheaper than buying a sound card.

Ryujin.
  • Ryujin.

First blood

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:25 AM

@loony979
Thanks man for pointing things out! It is clear to me now. Not sure if there's a X-FI titanium here in the PH though, I'll check icon14.gif
@sivi
It is "small" because (probably) of the cpu case.

My speakers(Altec Lansing, don't know the model) have an amp, so it probably really is like that. I find getting a sound card better, since I like those heavy bass types. Nonetheless, thanks again icon14.gif

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:37 PM

There are various decent X-Fi cards under £50, I'm sure you'll be able to find something.

Ryujin.
  • Ryujin.

First blood

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

Oh I see. Hope I find one that fits my budget.

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

I can only say this; DO NOT get the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium... the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty is completely different.
I have the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium and I haven't used it now for about 2 years. Why? While although when I first got it, it was fine, the one thing the card doesn't have is mic boost which every other card under the sun does have. People could hear me just fine while I was on the desktop but as soon as I went in-game they couldn't hear me as well as they should. Now I will say this was back when I was still on XP and the OS was very old and slightly degraded due to bitrot and I have not tried it on my Win7 set up to see if anything has changed but then I don't feel it's really worth it for me.
And don't think it was some kind of driver issue as to why I didn't have a mic boost. Nope, instead it's a "feature" that Creative openly says in their FAQ/Knowledge Base that that card does not have a mic boost.

Ryujin.
  • Ryujin.

First blood

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:41 PM Edited by RyujinXKaizer, 31 May 2013 - 09:56 AM.

So, what would you suggest? Since my budget is like $36(around 1400-1500 PHP here)

Thanks

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:44 PM

Well unless you give me/us a web site to use around you with your currency it's going to be hard to find something in your price range. I can find something all day long at Newegg or TigerDirect using USD but that won't really translate to the same prices for where you are where the prices can be drastically different.

Ryujin.
  • Ryujin.

First blood

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:22 AM

Alright, bought a good sound card already, thanks everyone for helping!

Mods you can lock this now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users