Deep Silver (Saints Row 4) trashing GTA V

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
133 replies to this topic
mrsurferdude
  • mrsurferdude

Hustler

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:37 AM

QUOTE (Racecarlock @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 06:05)
QUOTE (mrsurferdude @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 22:03)
QUOTE (Racecarlock @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 04:54)
QUOTE (mrsurferdude @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 21:48)
I really dont care.  dozingoff.gif

SR fanboys are like CoD fanboys. Even if you prove to them their game is not better they will regress to a elementary school mentality and call you names and try to kick the sh*t out of you thus becoming the king of the playground.

I believe V will make their reply to this pathtic PR with sales numbers.

Also they have different tastes and might just prefer whacking people with a dildo bat to taking your cousin to play darts on wednesday.

True, true they might also enjoy to clean toilets, sell cigarettes by choosing the correct color, lift a crate into the back of a truck, and drive everyone around, you know usual stuff, lol biggrin.gif lol.gif cookie.gif

Well, that's why they have mafia II then.

That's why I don't like it when someone suggests a feature just because it "Worked in mafia II". They at least need more reasons. Mafia II features work for mafia II just like SR features work for SR. Do I need a tron level in V? No, and neither do I need a jail level that makes me press buttons to talk to people around a prison yard, walk through the hallways of that prison to a bunch of repetitive fist fights, and then clean toilets and fight off a hairy rapist.

Because mafia II already has that sh*t. It can keep it for all I care. You know you would be saying the same thing if I requested a tank skydiving mission because "It worked in SR3".

actually that might be quite different from the usual GTA stuff that i might not be against it lol.gif

Niick99
  • Niick99

Playa

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:38 AM

QUOTE (minwager @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 06:35)
QUOTE (MrSpooge @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 06:29)
QUOTE (Niick99 @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 06:26)
QUOTE (minwager @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 06:16)
QUOTE (Niick99 @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 06:13)
QUOTE (minwager @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 06:03)
QUOTE (Vex_Doppel @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 05:57)
I'm a long time GTA fan, and I've never played SR till my roomate said it was way better than GTAIV. Its just more fun he says. Now, I will say it brought me back to San Andreas days, but you know, San Andreas is dated. I only played like a total of an hour. I will say I thought Nikko was incredibly boring. I am enjoying TLATD and BOGT way more. Also loved Red Dead Redemtion. Which is wierd, he hates Red Dead too. He hates Rockstar all together. Something's wrong with him.
     He does have GTAV on reserve though.

I'd have to agree with your friend in some regards. SR2 was better than GTA IV imo. It had lots of insanely fun things to do with the side activities and mission design. There was co-op which I hadn't played in an open world game before (it worked really well), and there was also a zany yet pretty engaging storyline to boot. The third installment, however, was utter trash, and the new one is looking to follow the same path.

Saints row two better than GTA IV?????? lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif You gotta be drunk

Nope. I really disliked GTA IV.

If you dont mind, can you tell me why you hated the game of the year for 2008???

Seriously don't question why people dislike IV. The transition from SA to IV was too much for them, and in there case they feel short handed when they got IV. They didn't bother to learn the new driving controls, they didn't accept the story.. they hated the fact there wasn't as much to do as there was in SA. I know personally people in RL who preferred SR2-3 over IV, they couldn't handle the realism.

Couldn't handle the realism? What the f*ck does that even mean? San Andreas felt huge in scope, and is one of my favorite games of all time. It's just that there just wasn't sh*t to do in IV. I appreciate the grittier approach to a GTA game, I really do, I just ended up disliking the f*cking game. Is that so hard to understand?

Well for me, personally, yes its hard to understand. You saying you hated gta iv is like a spit in the face to all of us who liked it, which is more than half of the members in this forum. Go be apart of the saints row foruum

minwager
  • minwager

First Born Unicorn

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:39 AM

QUOTE (Niick99 @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 06:38)
I'm a long time GTA fan, and I've never played SR till my roomate said it was way better than GTAIV. Its just more fun he says. Now, I will say it brought me back to San Andreas days, but you know, San Andreas is dated. I only played like a total of an hour. I will say I thought Nikko was incredibly boring. I am enjoying TLATD and BOGT way more. Also loved Red Dead Redemtion. Which is wierd, he hates Red Dead too. He hates Rockstar all together. Something's wrong with him.

I'd have to agree with your friend in some regards. SR2 was better than GTA IV imo. It had lots of insanely fun things to do with the side activities and mission design. There was co-op which I hadn't played in an open world game before (it worked really well), and there was also a zany yet pretty engaging storyline to boot. The third installment, however, was utter trash, and the new one is looking to follow the same path.

Saints row two better than GTA IV?????? lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif You gotta be drunk

If you dont mind, can you tell me why you hated the game of the year for 2008???

Seriously don't question why people dislike IV. The transition from SA to IV was too much for them, and in there case they feel short handed when they got IV. They didn't bother to learn the new driving controls, they didn't accept the story.. they hated the fact there wasn't as much to do as there was in SA. I know personally people in RL who preferred SR2-3 over IV, they couldn't handle the realism.

Couldn't handle the realism? What the f*ck does that even mean? San Andreas felt huge in scope, and is one of my favorite games of all time. It's just that there just wasn't sh*t to do in IV. I appreciate the grittier approach to a GTA game, I really do, I just ended up disliking the f*cking game. Is that so hard to understand?

Well for me, personally, yes its hard to understand. You saying you hated gta iv is like a spit in the face to all of us who liked it, which is more than half of the members in this forum. Go be apart of the saints row foruum

Oh my god, just stop. I am not spitting in anyone's face here. I have stated that this was all my opinion since the beginning.

mrsurferdude
  • mrsurferdude

Hustler

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:39 AM

I'm not forcing my opinion on anyone.

please... if you do i'd prefer to be wined and wowed off my feet blush.gif

Niick99
  • Niick99

Playa

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:41 AM

QUOTE (minwager @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 06:39)

Oh my god, just stop. I am not spitting in anyone's face here. I have stated that this was all my opinion since the beginning.

Whateva, you betrayed R* buddy. Dan Houser would be ashamed

MrSpooge
  • MrSpooge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:42 AM Edited by MrSpooge, 29 May 2013 - 06:45 AM.

Couldn't handle the realism? What the f*ck does that even mean? San Andreas felt huge in scope, and is one of my favorite games of all time. It's just that there just wasn't sh*t to do in IV. I appreciate the grittier approach to a GTA game, I really do, I just ended up disliking the f*cking game. Is that so hard to understand? I will not sit here and be told I didn't enjoy it because the driving mechanics were too complex for me. I consider myself a pretty smart guy, and I don't appreciate my intelligence being insulted because I prefer one game over the other.

F*** F*** F***. I f*cking agree? Sarcasm?

Your reasons, though valid.. can be called into question for your reasoning for "hating" the game. Sounds like you just got too damn hyped for a Game that wasn't a Gansta as SA. I enjoyed both luckily for me, and in no way do I see IV as a bad game, just because it wasn't SA2 doesn't mean you drop the game when it doesn't please your damn needs, you accept it and clear your damn head and if your lucky you'll actually enjoy it.

dyspoid
  • dyspoid

Trick

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:42 AM Edited by dyspoid, 29 May 2013 - 06:47 AM.

This is just stupid. I really liked SR1 and 2, and I was pretty excited about 3... then I realised that the entire game was pretty much a tutorial, and had let go of all of the elements that made 1 and 2 fun. It is a dumb game, it isnt realistic, but it had a certain kind of pulpy charm. 3 had so much potential. It seems that they took peope liking the hyper unrealism, and made it retarded.

These games are like movies.

GTA is realistic, and ventures into the kind of craziness that makes tarantino films great.

SR is like a silly action movie. They arent pieces of cinema treasure, but they are designed to entertain.

Now, however, SR is just not worth a dollar.

Also, what is with people fighting over the two? Regardless, if someone is part of this forum, they like the game enough to appreciate it. There is no need to pick sides. I know a lot of people that didnt really like IV, I think it might have appealed to a smaller market than SA. They arent dumb or fanboys, nor do they like SR. It just wasnt up their alley.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:42 AM

OP sounds like a butthurt child which runs to his mom because his brother insulted him

minwager
  • minwager

First Born Unicorn

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:43 AM

QUOTE (MrSpooge @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 06:42)

Couldn't handle the realism? What the f*ck does that even mean? San Andreas felt huge in scope, and is one of my favorite games of all time. It's just that there just wasn't sh*t to do in IV. I appreciate the grittier approach to a GTA game, I really do, I just ended up disliking the f*cking game. Is that so hard to understand? I will not sit here and be told I didn't enjoy it because the driving mechanics were too complex for me. I consider myself a pretty smart guy, and I don't appreciate my intelligence being insulted because I prefer one game over the other.

F*** F*** F***. I f*cking agree? Sarcasm?

Good god, I said it twice. Chill your nuts.

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:45 AM

Everyone likes a different game
What is difficult to understand

I personally prefer GTA IV

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Group: Epsilonist

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:45 AM

QUOTE (Niick99 @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 12:11)

Is that a troll attempt?

I mean, I love GTA IV and all, but that is his damn personal opinion.

Niick99
  • Niick99

Playa

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:48 AM

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 06:45)

Is that a troll attempt?

Actually its not trolling, trolling is when YOU COME KN A GTA FORUM AND SAY SAINTS ROW 2 is better tha GTA IV. IT WAS GAME OF THE YEAR FOR A REASON DAMMIT, OPINION OR NOT

oRRe13
  • oRRe13

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:50 AM

That guy really don't understand how gaming works.

minwager
  • minwager

First Born Unicorn

• BUSTED!

QUOTE (Niick99 @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 06:48)

Is that a troll attempt?

Actually its not trolling, trolling is when YOU COME KN A GTA FORUM AND SAY SAINTS ROW 2 is better tha GTA IV. IT WAS GAME OF THE YEAR FOR A REASON DAMMIT, OPINION OR NOT

I am not discrediting the game IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM. All I said was that I preferred SR2. I honestly don't understand how this isn't getting through your thick skull.

It's my opinion.

It's final.

Leave it alone.

Niick99
  • Niick99

Playa

• Members

Is that a troll attempt?

No im bot trolling, trolling is when YOU COME ON A GTA FAN BASE FORUM AND SAY THE GAME OF THE YEAR GTA IV WAS sh*t COMPARED TO SAINTS ROW 2

Vex_Doppel
  • Vex_Doppel

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:51 AM

QUOTE (Niick99 @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 06:48)

Is that a troll attempt?

Yeah, this whole box of quotes with me at the base is pretty much the arguments I have with my roomate.

minwager
  • minwager

First Born Unicorn

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:53 AM

QUOTE (Niick99 @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 06:50)

Is that a troll attempt?

No im bot trolling, trolling is when YOU COME ON A GTA FAN BASE FORUM AND SAY THE GAME OF THE YEAR GTA IV WAS sh*t COMPARED TO SAINTS ROW 2

For f*ck's sake, it's not like I waltzed on in here saying,

"OH GEE WILIKERS GAIZE I HATE GTA IV AND SAINTS ROW IS AMAZING AND COCKSTAR SUCKS K BAI".

It was brought up in simple conversation.

Also, not once did I say it was sh*t compared to SR2. You need to get it together.

GourangaMaster
  • GourangaMaster

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►BA

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:57 AM

Smells of futile attention grabbing to me beacuse this is the only time they could dream of talking smack. Once GTAV releases SR4 will be forgotten so fast the only sales they will be making are the ones from the 1/2 price bargain bins they'll be rotting in.

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:58 AM

QUOTE (DarrinPA @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 05:23)
R* isn't above trashing other games either. They've made fun of the Driver series a few times.

And True Grime smile.gif

mrsurferdude
  • mrsurferdude

Hustler

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:58 AM

soo much stress and hate... confused.gif

Uncle surferdude will make you laugh

minwager
  • minwager

First Born Unicorn

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:01 AM

QUOTE (Werebot85 @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 06:58)
QUOTE (DarrinPA @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 05:23)
R* isn't above trashing other games either. They've made fun of the Driver series a few times.

And True Grime smile.gif

Get rid of the old rubbish fast! lol.gif

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:05 AM

I think Volition has went somewhat downhill in recent years. Red Faction was a very innovative game back in the day that provided the gaming industry with a title with unprecedented (and perhaps still unprecedented) tunneling game mechanics that allowed you to create your own paths through walls and ground. Saints Row provided the "seventh generation of gaming" with a crime sandbox game when a new GTA title was still in the works. It was considered to be pretty good as a "filler". I think Volition peaked with Saints Row 2 and Red Faction: Guerrilla though. Saints Row 2 took the base game of Saints Row and added onto it (mostly welcomed additions). It's still probably one of the best "GTA clones" out there. Red Faction: Guerrilla took the approach of a sandbox title where roughly 95% of the objects you came across could be smashed to the ground. This was also quite innovative like the first title in the series, and its level of environmental destruction is still unprecedented in the industry. I only played the demo for its sequel, but I can tell that the linear approach of Red Faction: Armageddon is kind of the backstep for the series. Saints Row: The Third? That was quite disappointing. It's like half of the features that were in Saints Row 2 were removed, half-assed, restricted to NPCs (like those brutes being able to pick up and throw sh*t), or sold as DLC with Saints Row: The Third. Even the city is completely dead. Not only that, but the franchise just went too over-the-top to the point that it's just mind-numbingly stupid. In fact, that game makes its predecessor look very serious in comparison.

minwager
  • minwager

First Born Unicorn

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:07 AM

QUOTE (CryptReaperDorian @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 07:05)
I think Volition has went somewhat downhill in recent years. Red Faction was a very innovative game back in the day that provided the gaming industry with a title with unprecedented (and perhaps still unprecedented) tunneling game mechanics that allowed you to create your own paths through walls and ground. Saints Row provided the "seventh generation of gaming" with a crime sandbox game when a new GTA title was still in the works. It was considered to be pretty good as a "filler". I think Volition peaked with Saints Row 2 and Red Faction: Guerrilla though. Saints Row 2 took the base game of Saints Row and added onto it (mostly welcomed additions). It's still probably one of the best "GTA clones" out there. Red Faction: Guerrilla took the approach of a sandbox title where roughly 95% of the objects you came across could be smashed to the ground. This was also quite innovative like the first title in the series, and its level of environmental destruction is still unprecedented in the industry. I only played the demo for its sequel, but I can tell that the linear approach of Red Faction: Armageddon is kind of the backstep for the series. Saints Row: The Third? That was quite disappointing. It's like half of the features that were in Saints Row 2 were removed, half-assed, restricted to NPCs (like those brutes being able to pick up and throw sh*t), or sold as DLC with Saints Row: The Third. Even the city is completely dead. Not only that, but the franchise just went too over-the-top to the point that it's just mind-numbingly stupid. In fact, that game makes its predecessor look very serious in comparison.

Ooh, I loved the Red Faction series. Yeah, sad to see that go downhill too.

meson1
  • meson1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:11 AM

QUOTE (Racecarlock @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 04:36)
This f*cking story (Mafia 2) made me ... lift a crate into the back of a truck ...

This is a tongue in cheek question, but how does that differ from the GTA:SA mission "Robbing Uncle Sam" when you had to load a bunch of crates into the back of a truck. tounge.gif

GTA_dog
  • GTA_dog

Est. 93

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:12 AM

I just watched a gameplay of Saints Row IV and even though it looks funny and full of entertainment, it looks like the last Saints Row. Even the feeling of the game reminds me of SR3. GTAV has a completely different environment IV and it looks like everything has detail compared to Saints Row IV. I'll play Saints Row IV as I did with SR3, but just like SR3, I'll get so bored of it very quickly. I feel as if I'll have so much more to do in GTAV even if it doesn't have superpowers and ridiculous enemies, just because V has so much more work put into it.

Plus the Dubstep gun in SRIV isn't how Dubstep is in real life. It doesn't look like it does much damage; I would expect dinosaurs appearing and eating cars and zombies exploding causing chain reactions, and raining marshmallows. Dubstep Gun is clearly a fail.

Niick99
  • Niick99

Playa

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:12 AM

QUOTE (minwager @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 06:53)
QUOTE (Niick99 @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 06:50)

Is that a troll attempt?

For f*ck's sake, it's not like I waltzed on in here saying,

"OH GEE WILIKERS GAIZE I HATE GTA IV AND SAINTS ROW IS AMAZING AND COCKSTAR SUCKS K BAI".

It was brought up in simple conversation.

Also, not once did I say it was sh*t compared to SR2. You need to get it together.

Youre post made me LOL but in a good way. Im just messing with you, its your opinion. Just dont bring up you liking Saints Row 2 again on a GTA forums

Niick99
  • Niick99

Playa

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:18 AM

QUOTE (GTA_dog @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 07:12)
I just watched a gameplay of Saints Row IV and even though it looks funny and full of entertainment, it looks like the last Saints Row. Even the feeling of the game reminds me of SR3. GTAV has a completely different environment IV and it looks like everything has detail compared to Saints Row IV. I'll play Saints Row IV as I did with SR3, but just like SR3, I'll get so bored of it very quickly. I feel as if I'll have so much more to do in GTAV even if it doesn't have superpowers and ridiculous enemies, just because V has so much more work put into it.

Plus the Dubstep gun in SRIV isn't how Dubstep is in real life. It doesn't look like it does much damage; I would expect dinosaurs appearing and eating cars and zombies exploding causing chain reactions, and raining marshmallows. Dubstep Gun is clearly a fail.

They already have gameplay for SR4! Brb, gtta go check out this monstrosity of a sandbox game

MinnieMan121249
  • MinnieMan121249

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• The Yardies

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:21 AM

QUOTE (DarrinPA @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 22:23)

Having to kill Tanner in GTA 3 and a guard calling him a sucker or something in San An? Come on, that's plain funny. This is a videogame company trying to trash talk the other. They know in the end their game will always be a GTA ripoff. Just like Driver. And just like Driver went to sh*t by trying to be better than GTA, So will Saints Row.

Why? Because they are focused on the competition without actually having a good game to win that competition. They wanna make it look fancy and awesome but it looks like a ridiculous mess that's sold for $60, which could have easily been SR3's DLC. And the dumb kids who will spend their parents money will eventually realise it.

GTA_dog
  • GTA_dog

Est. 93

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:21 AM

QUOTE (Niick99 @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 02:18)
QUOTE (GTA_dog @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 07:12)

They already have gameplay for SR4! Brb, gtta go check out this monstrosity of a sandbox game

TheWarzoneXL
  • TheWarzoneXL

Banging Michael's Housekeeper

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:26 AM

I would rather have a brand new game with a 5 year dev cycle than a copy pasted game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users