Deep Silver (Saints Row 4) trashing GTA V

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
133 replies to this topic
mrsurferdude
  • mrsurferdude

Hustler

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:18 AM

QUOTE (Cyfa @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 05:08)
No developer will ever reach the quality and body of work Rockstar have presented over the past 15 years. The dude hating is sort of like that fat kid that bullies everyone because he's insecure about his weight.

I have big bones!!! cryani.gif

I actually think it is funny. The SR ip started up based on GTA sandbox concept. Hell if you go back before the original GTA every single game was linear and that was it. Also the whole sandbox concept didnt even called anyones attention till GTA III. so most of the games nowadays owe R* for their creativity

EDIT: HAHAHA can't even type correct english blush.gif suicidal.gif

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:21 AM

I think it's funny. I hope they keep it up.

MrSpooge
  • MrSpooge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:24 AM

QUOTE (Racecarlock @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 03:24)
No matter what, it'll still be better than mafia II in my book.

Then again, most n64 games are better than mafia II in my book.

To be fair with this guy, his got a point. Not saying that Mafia 2 isn't a bad game.. But the N64 had a heap of Golden Games.

Bantri
  • Bantri

I'll kill as many animals in GTA as I damn well please

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:28 AM

QUOTE (MrSpooge @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 05:24)
QUOTE (Racecarlock @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 03:24)
No matter what, it'll still be better than mafia II in my book.

Then again, most n64 games are better than mafia II in my book.

To be fair with this guy, his got a point. Not saying that Mafia 2 isn't a bad game.. But the N64 had a heap of Golden Games.

They don't make em like they used to.

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:33 AM

QUOTE (gtagirl69 @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 05:05)
The author of that article doesn't have all the facts. He is comparing a game where they haven't said much, compared to another game where we get a new game play video or screenshot (or other info) on an almost daily basis.

Not to mention that he's saying V's shooting mechanics are bad when we haven't even seen the shooting mechanics so he's assuming it's exactly like MP3's.

Adriaan
  • Adriaan

Uncut

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Respected 2012
    Most Helpful 2012
    Best Returning Member 2012
    Best Contributor [GTA Series] 2012
    Best Forum Ledby 2012
    Best Moderator 2012

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:34 AM

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:35 AM

QUOTE (Adriaan @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 05:34)

SR4 Summed up in 32 seconds.

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:35 AM

SQUID ROWE

Seenyour31
  • Seenyour31

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:38 AM

I enjoy both series and will definitely be getting GTA V, admittedly I'm on the fence about SR4 as it looks too over the top even for me, so I will wait until I maybe play a friends copy to see it I like it. I don't get this brand loyalty though, where people feel like the have to chose/defend one game over all others in the genre.

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:43 AM

I had fun with SR3s story...but as soon as that was over...zero replay value

Niick99
  • Niick99

Playa

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:48 AM

QUOTE (mrsurferdude @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 05:18)
QUOTE (Cyfa @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 05:08)
No developer will ever reach the quality and body of work Rockstar have presented over the past 15 years. The dude hating is sort of like that fat kid that bullies everyone because he's insecure about his weight.

I have big bones!!! cryani.gif

I actually think it is funny. The SR ip started up based on GTA sandbox concept. Hell if you go back before the original GTA every single game was linear and that was it. Also the whole sandbox concept didnt even called anyones attention till GTA III. so most of the games nowadays owe R* for their creativity

EDIT: HAHAHA can't even type correct english blush.gif suicidal.gif

/\ Bump!

Kai Jellyboo
  • Kai Jellyboo

Nietzschean

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:50 AM

QUOTE (DarrinPA @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 03:23)
R* isn't above trashing other games either. They've made fun of the Driver series a few times.

Which is funny considering R* has now "ripped" the zoom-in zoom-out character switching technique.
But anyways its obviously just a little trashtalk why do people here take that so seriously? so many butts hurt, oh well, sometimes i think this site should be called rockstardickriders.com.

PS: Mafia 2 is a better game than vanilla GTA IV IMO but ok i hated GTA IV.

minwager
  • minwager

First Born Unicorn

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:51 AM

The fact that they are saying this pretty much proves these are not the same guys who made Saints Row 1 and 2 so good. They have definitely lost their way with what used to be one of my favorite gaming series.

Niick99
  • Niick99

Playa

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:51 AM

QUOTE (Seenyour31 @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 05:38)
I enjoy both series and will definitely be getting GTA V, admittedly I'm on the fence about SR4 as it looks too over the top even for me, so I will wait until I maybe play a friends copy to see it I like it. I don't get this brand loyalty though, where people feel like the have to chose/defend one game over all others in the genre.

Because Saints Row is the retard cousin of Grand Theft Auto, and this forum is obviously full of die hard GTA fanatics

minwager
  • minwager

First Born Unicorn

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:53 AM

QUOTE (Kai Jellyboo @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 05:50)
QUOTE (DarrinPA @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 03:23)
R* isn't above trashing other games either. They've made fun of the Driver series a few times.

Which is funny considering R* has now "ripped" the zoom-in zoom-out character switching technique.
But anyways its obviously just a little trashtalk why do people here take that so seriously? so many butts hurt, oh well, sometimes i think this site should be called rockstardickriders.com.

PS: Mafia 2 is a better game than vanilla GTA IV IMO but ok i hated GTA IV.

Midnight Club: Los Angeles being released in 2008 begs to differ.

Vex_Doppel
  • Vex_Doppel

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:57 AM

I'm a long time GTA fan, and I've never played SR till my roomate said it was way better than GTAIV. Its just more fun he says. Now, I will say it brought me back to San Andreas days, but you know, San Andreas is dated. I only played like a total of an hour. I will say I thought Nikko was incredibly boring. I am enjoying TLATD and BOGT way more. Also loved Red Dead Redemtion. Which is wierd, he hates Red Dead too. He hates Rockstar all together. Something's wrong with him.
He does have GTAV on reserve though.

mrsurferdude
  • mrsurferdude

Hustler

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:59 AM

<----- GTA fanboy biggrin.gif

minwager
  • minwager

First Born Unicorn

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:03 AM

QUOTE (Vex_Doppel @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 05:57)
I'm a long time GTA fan, and I've never played SR till my roomate said it was way better than GTAIV. Its just more fun he says. Now, I will say it brought me back to San Andreas days, but you know, San Andreas is dated. I only played like a total of an hour. I will say I thought Nikko was incredibly boring. I am enjoying TLATD and BOGT way more. Also loved Red Dead Redemtion. Which is wierd, he hates Red Dead too. He hates Rockstar all together. Something's wrong with him.

I'd have to agree with your friend in some regards. SR2 was better than GTA IV imo. It had lots of insanely fun things to do with the side activities and mission design. There was co-op which I hadn't played in an open world game before (it worked really well), and there was also a zany yet pretty engaging storyline to boot. The third installment, however, was utter trash, and the new one is looking to follow the same path.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:05 AM

QUOTE (mrsurferdude @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 22:03)
QUOTE (Racecarlock @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 04:54)
QUOTE (mrsurferdude @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 21:48)
I really dont care.  dozingoff.gif

SR fanboys are like CoD fanboys. Even if you prove to them their game is not better they will regress to a elementary school mentality and call you names and try to kick the sh*t out of you thus becoming the king of the playground.

I believe V will make their reply to this pathtic PR with sales numbers.

Also they have different tastes and might just prefer whacking people with a dildo bat to taking your cousin to play darts on wednesday.

True, true they might also enjoy to clean toilets, sell cigarettes by choosing the correct color, lift a crate into the back of a truck, and drive everyone around, you know usual stuff, lol biggrin.gif lol.gif cookie.gif

Well, that's why they have mafia II then.

That's why I don't like it when someone suggests a feature just because it "Worked in mafia II". They at least need more reasons. Mafia II features work for mafia II just like SR features work for SR. Do I need a tron level in V? No, and neither do I need a jail level that makes me press buttons to talk to people around a prison yard, walk through the hallways of that prison to a bunch of repetitive fist fights, and then clean toilets and fight off a hairy rapist.

Because mafia II already has that sh*t. It can keep it for all I care. You know you would be saying the same thing if I requested a tank skydiving mission because "It worked in SR3".

Niick99
  • Niick99

Playa

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:13 AM

QUOTE (minwager @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 06:03)

I'd have to agree with your friend in some regards. SR2 was better than GTA IV imo. It had lots of insanely fun things to do with the side activities and mission design. There was co-op which I hadn't played in an open world game before (it worked really well), and there was also a zany yet pretty engaging storyline to boot. The third installment, however, was utter trash, and the new one is looking to follow the same path.

Saints row two better than GTA IV?????? lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif You gotta be drunk

minwager
  • minwager

First Born Unicorn

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:16 AM

QUOTE (Niick99 @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 06:13)

Saints row two better than GTA IV?????? lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif You gotta be drunk

Nope. I really disliked GTA IV.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:19 AM

Deep Silver is moronic. Volition has been trying their damnest to separate themselves from the term "GTA clone" for years now... and these guys decide to f*ck that up with a tweet.

Niick99
  • Niick99

Playa

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:26 AM

QUOTE (minwager @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 06:16)

If you dont mind, can you tell me why you hated the game of the year for 2008???

minwager
  • minwager

First Born Unicorn

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:27 AM

QUOTE (Niick99 @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 06:26)

If you dont mind, can you tell me why you hated the game of the year for 2008???

Don't you pull that sh*t on me. It's all personal preference, dude. I'm not forcing my opinion on anyone.

MrSpooge
  • MrSpooge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:29 AM

Seriously don't question why people dislike IV. The transition from SA to IV was too much for them, and in there case they feel short handed when they got IV. They didn't bother to learn the new driving controls, they didn't accept the story.. they hated the fact there wasn't as much to do as there was in SA. I know personally people in RL who preferred SR2-3 over IV, they couldn't handle the realism.

Cyfa
  • Cyfa

Paid In Full

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:29 AM

QUOTE (minwager @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 00:27)

Don't you pull that sh*t on me. It's all personal preference, dude. I'm not forcing my opinion on anyone.

Who wants cake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

minwager
  • minwager

First Born Unicorn

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:30 AM

QUOTE (Cyfa @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 06:29)
QUOTE (minwager @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 00:27)

Who wants cake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Red Velvet or gtfo

Vex_Doppel
  • Vex_Doppel

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:32 AM

QUOTE (MrSpooge @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 06:29)

Seriously don't question why people dislike IV. The transition from SA to IV was too much for them, and in there case they feel short handed when they got IV. They didn't bother to learn the new driving controls, they didn't accept the story.. they hated the fact there wasn't as much to do as there was in SA. I know personally people in RL who preferred SR2-3 over IV, they couldn't handle the realism.

I didn't care for Nikko or his story, but I do love the world. Like I said before, I'm enjoying Lost and the damned and Ballad of Gay Tony way more than Nikko goes bowling.

Niick99
  • Niick99

Playa

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:33 AM

QUOTE (minwager @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 06:27)

Hey dont be an asshole, or youre gonna BE SLEEPING WITH THE FISHES! Lol JK but you still didnt answer my question sport

minwager
  • minwager

First Born Unicorn

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:35 AM

QUOTE (MrSpooge @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 06:29)

Couldn't handle the realism? What the f*ck does that even mean? San Andreas felt huge in scope, and is one of my favorite games of all time. It's just that there just wasn't sh*t to do in IV. I appreciate the grittier approach to a GTA game, I really do, I just ended up disliking the f*cking game. Is that so hard to understand? I will not sit here and be told I didn't enjoy it because the driving mechanics were too complex for me. I consider myself a pretty smart guy, and I don't appreciate my intelligence being insulted because I prefer one game over the other.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users