GTA IV Texture/Spawning Issues

12 replies to this topic
Tomcat419
  • Tomcat419

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:36 AM

Hello all,
So I have been trying to figure this issue out for months, and I can't seem to fix it, despite everything I have done (Which is why this is my first post here). Basically, GTA IV can hardly load the textures for anything. Buildings, bridges, roads, etc... It has a lot of difficulty loading, but the frame rate still seems pretty good. Now it is important to note that I have modded the majority of the in game vehicles, but I had done that a while ago and it ran fine. I've added a few here and there, but up until a few months ago (when this problem began, and I stopped playing) this hasn't been an issue. I also only have vehicles modded. Everything else is exactly the same as it was installed. Here is what I did to try to fix it.

-I did a clean install, which allowed the game to run with most of the stuff loading correctly. But when I added the vehicle mods, the game cannot handle it (Which is weird, because the game ran very well with most of the mods I have installed now not too long ago.)
-I replaced the higher quality more memory demanding vehicles with the ordinary ones from the game (Mostly the modded helicopters, which were much more detailed than the in game models.)
-I turned my graphics settings down to a very low setting (Still had the loading issues, despite the in-game resources management telling me I was only using a fraction of what my system has.)
-I took out car spawner that fixed the taxi-bug and lowered the in game traffic to 1 (the problem was STILL present, despite having to load the bare minimum number of vehicles, and of those, it is only loading taxis and police cruisers.)

I uploaded several screenshots to give you an idea of what it is doing.

System Specs:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
System Model Rampage Formula
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 2.66GHz, 2664 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 6.00 GB
Available Physical Memory 3.68 GB
Total Virtual Memory 12.0 GB
Available Virtual Memory 9.07 GB
Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280

The game-o-meter provided in the "PC Performance" section informed me that I should be able to run GTA IV perfectly at a high visual setting.

I was just curious as to whether there could be underlying issues causing this. I know that GTA IV is a lousy port, and the mods probably don't help, but I've seen videos of people running GTA IV with plenty more mods than what I have installed, and they don't seem to run into this issue. By the way, I bought the game through Steam and it is updated to 1.0.7.0.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

CCPD
  • CCPD

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:36 PM

Where did you get the game from?

Tomcat419
  • Tomcat419

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:20 AM

I downloaded the game off of Steam.

CCPD
  • CCPD

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:04 PM

Try run the game without any mods at all. If it runs fine, then the problem one of your mods, in which case we can't help you as you'd have to test every single mod to see which one causes that problem. The most likely scenario is that your system can't handle some high resolution or polygon models and compensate that way to keep the game going.

numivasi
  • numivasi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:24 PM Edited by numivasi, 01 June 2013 - 08:02 PM.

Interesting... I have the exact same problem, after a bit of gameplay, textures start to load slowly or go missing, I tried a bunch of "fixes" by commandline but none worked. I have no car mods at all, I have some texture mods, icenhancer 2.0n and Simple Trainer with version 1.0.4.0 of the game. I using windows 7 64bit with a 660ti 3gb edition, 8 gb ram, i5 3570k etc... I can play the game quite well, usually over 40 fps but textures just go missing...

Here's some examples:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Hope someone know a fix for this!!

edit: Just tried playing same version no mods and I had no problems.... @Tomcat419 What texture mods do you have installed??

CCPD
  • CCPD

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:11 PM

Texture mods are one of the biggest causes of such problems.

Tomcat419
  • Tomcat419

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:22 AM

All I have are vehicle mods installed.

CCPD
  • CCPD

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:46 AM

How many vehicles do you have? You need to understand that a lot of custom vehicle models are very high polygons with very detailed skins. You system sacrifices environment textures in order to still load cars and keep game playable. Do you have the same problem while playing without any mods?

Swim
  • Swim

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:04 AM

I got the same issue with no mods (clean install and new game as I thought the mods did it).

Game plays good for a while and after like 3 missions it does this.

Intel Core i5 2500K at 3.30
8 Gig ram
AMD Radeon 6970 1 gig

pussypatrol
  • pussypatrol

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:39 AM

hey guys i just made this account so i could maybe give you guys a possible solution. I had a cracked version gta iv and had texture problems (not loading some textures).

Dell latitude e6330

4gb ram

2.6 ghz cpu

what you should try is going into game (safehouse whatever)

bringing up graphics options, go autoconfigure, then apply, then go and change the settings to suit you but not texture quality (just leave that), then apply

it worked for me so it could work for you. just give it a go.

PorscheRacer01
  • PorscheRacer01

"Germany will win the cup!" WON IT BIATCH!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:04 AM

hey guys i just made this account so i could maybe give you guys a possible solution. I had a cracked version gta iv and had texture problems (not loading some textures).

Dell latitude e6330

4gb ram

2.6 ghz cpu

what you should try is going into game (safehouse whatever)

bringing up graphics options, go autoconfigure, then apply, then go and change the settings to suit you but not texture quality (just leave that), then apply

it worked for me so it could work for you. just give it a go.

Are you so poor that you can't buy a game released some 5 years ago? :/

pussypatrol
  • pussypatrol

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:09 AM

yeah bruh judging by my system specs im pretty poor

ill will buy it but i dont want to play a game my laptop cant run

BhaskarChetia
  • BhaskarChetia

Tuner X

• Members
  • India

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:29 AM

Do the following. Go to the folder where you installed gta4 or eflc. E.g. C/programfiles /rockstargames/gta4. Then right click on "launchgta4.exe" then "send to" then "deskstop (create shortcut)". A shortcut will be created in your desktop. Right click in your shortcut. Then "properties" You will see a line "target". E.g. Target -"C/programfiles/rockstargames /gta4". Add 3 commands after this. E.g. Target - "C/programfiles /rockstargames/gta4" -norestrictions -nomemrestrictions -availablevidmem 30 That is it.
The target is in properties of the shortcut

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users