Photo

How will house interiors be handled?

9 replies to this topic
rodrich266
  • rodrich266

"After five years on the East Coast, it was time to go home

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:37 AM

Well, I was playing Grand Theft Auto IV and felt that the houses were really small because you had all these doors that were in your house but were inaccessible.

I mean, you have a door in your house and you think, well it is my house. I should be able to go through it and check out what's inside but nooooo, we have a door plastered to the wall that leads nowhere.

And then I see SA. Most houses there had various rooms you could access and I think to myself, will Rockstar make house interiors like GTA IV or SA?

What do you think it will be like?

Lucky32
  • Lucky32

Official spaghetti wizard

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:42 AM

It will be like a house maybe

Fisciletti
  • Fisciletti

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:42 AM

Probably something similar to SA.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:44 AM

QUOTE (rodrich266 @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 00:37)
Well, I was playing Grand Theft Auto IV and felt that the houses were really small because you had all these doors that were in your house but were inaccessible.

I mean, you have a door in your house and you think, well it is my house. I should be able to go through it and check out what's inside but nooooo, we have a door plastered to the wall that leads nowhere.

And then I see SA. Most houses there had various rooms you could access and I think to myself, will Rockstar make house interiors like GTA IV or SA?

Not just speaking about houses here, but i hope we can indeed walk through Michael's mansion all the way. Let me check the rooms of his son and daughter, his own room, the living room, kitchen and so on. I think this will be the case, cause i recall reading that in a preview. As for other interiors, i really hope to see a big shopping mall similar to Vice City, hopefully with plenty stores that i can enter. I just want to see a lot more enterable buildings. There were several buildings in IV where you could see inside of it and there were objects, etc, yet you couldn't enter. Hopefully a whole lot more buildings we can fully check out this time.

If we actually see some houses with people in there, let me be able to go in and well....i guess kill them. Or just simply explore. But if i see a ped behind a window, i better be able to pick him/her off with a gun if i want to. Long story short...MORE interiors yes. Same with the properties that we can buy and business. Let me access them all, and look around.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:52 AM

QUOTE (rodrich266 @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 11:37)

Because they were apartments in GTA IV. Why would you want to look inside a closet or the bathroom? If they accessible that's all they would've been.

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:59 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 10:52)

Because they were apartments in GTA IV. Why would you want to look inside a closet or the bathroom? If they accessible that's all they would've been.

Because it gives it the sense of it being yours. It's nice to be able to walk into your own bathroom.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:16 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 29 May 2013 - 11:18 AM.

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 21:59)

Because it gives it the sense of it being yours. It's nice to be able to walk into your own bathroom.

Fair enough, but not being to access closed doors in GTA IV's apartments didn't bother me as all it would've lead to would've been a closet or the bathroom. Not interesting IMO. Also why not like RDR?From memory every room including the attic could be entered in John's home.

SA was still a bit restricted.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 11:16)
QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 21:59)

Fair enough, but not being to access closed doors in GTA IV's apartments didn't bother me as all it would've lead to would've been a closet or the bathroom. Not interesting IMO. Also why not like RDR?From memory every room including the attic could be entered in John's home.

SA was still a bit restricted.

Yep his home and also that home where you need to rescue a few people in the beginning of the game. Little shacks can be explored and so on. Hopefully a whole lot more interiors this time around. Saloons in RDR...well give me bars and restaurants in V to enter.

UK67Mac
  • UK67Mac

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 00:44)
QUOTE (rodrich266 @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 00:37)

Not just speaking about houses here, but i hope we can indeed walk through Michael's mansion all the way. Let me check the rooms of his son and daughter, his own room, the living room, kitchen and so on. I think this will be the case, cause i recall reading that in a preview. As for other interiors, i really hope to see a big shopping mall similar to Vice City, hopefully with plenty stores that i can enter. I just want to see a lot more enterable buildings. There were several buildings in IV where you could see inside of it and there were objects, etc, yet you couldn't enter. Hopefully a whole lot more buildings we can fully check out this time.

If we actually see some houses with people in there, let me be able to go in and well....i guess kill them. Or just simply explore. But if i see a ped behind a window, i better be able to pick him/her off with a gun if i want to. Long story short...MORE interiors yes. Same with the properties that we can buy and business. Let me access them all, and look around.

This

ALeSsAnDrO
  • ALeSsAnDrO

Peon

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:06 PM

Small interiors generally don't play well with third person games... What's really the point of everything being interactive when you're fighting with the camera to pick up something?
GTA needs a ton more interiors, sure, but big ones, public spaces, malls, arenas, stadiums, discos, office buildings, etc. Those are the kind of interiors that add value to a GTA game.
Most fans seem to be requesting a mall similar to the one in VC. Hopefully it will happen.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users