Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:04 AM

Reminds me! The Blimp song!
My Webpage

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

The Killer Hills Killer

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:12 AM Edited by Cutter De Blanc, 29 May 2013 - 02:18 AM.

QUOTE (cp1dell @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 16:59)
QUOTE (Korisselys @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 00:39)
you'll probably get a blimp with a different skin

This is what I'm thinking.

They specify a lot that it's the "Atomic" Blimp. As we know, Atomic Burgers is a new business in GTA - probably competition for Burger Shot.

This pre-order blimp is probably just like the golden guns for Red Dead Redemption. Just a retexture, a small gift for pre-ordering the game.

Atomic is the tire company, like Goodyear. Like the Goodyear Blimp, one of which is in the LA area.

They call it the Atomic Blimp because that's the name of the vehicle, not to distinguish it from another as of yet unseen and unmentioned blimp. Also it's a darkly humorous reference to the hydrogen blimp the Hindenburg, which burst into flames and killed a bunch of people. We can expect crashing the blimp will be alot of fun. devil.gif icon14.gif

If you don't preorder and still expect to pilot the blimp, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

Above
  • Above

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:17 AM

I think it's just a matter of early access vs. play to unlock. It may not be the Atomic but there's no way they included blimps just to keep them from the growing majority.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

The Killer Hills Killer

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:23 AM

QUOTE (Above @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 18:17)
I think it's just a matter of early access vs. play to unlock. It may not be the Atomic but there's no way they included blimps just to keep them from the growing majority.

Last time I checked they had over 500,000 preorders, so it's not as though they're trying to keep it from anyone. They're trying to ensure sales. Just pay the five bucks!

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:28 AM

QUOTE (Cutter De Blanc @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 03:12)
If you don't preorder and still expect to pilot the blimp, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

Not really. Once the game is out pre order DLC or anything like that becomes pointless so they sell it later or even put it up for free if it's not in the game already. Been as codes are already in the case maybe it's for all new copies of the game.

Above
  • Above

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:31 AM

QUOTE (Cutter De Blanc @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 02:23)

Last time I checked they had over 500,000 preorders, so it's not as though they're trying to keep it from anyone. They're trying to ensure sales. Just pay the five bucks!

What is your source? Anyway, long run sales will outsell the pre-orders.

damian001
  • damian001

Vice City fanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:34 AM

It's one of the slowest forms of aerial transportation in the game, you'll prefer the plane. Besides, they already did pre-order incentives for RDR, LA Noire, and MP3. If you really want the blimp badly, it'll be released a few months later as DLC for $1.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:35 AM

If you don't pre-order, In the standard edition players must collect 10,000 balloons to create their own. monocle.gif

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:36 AM

QUOTE (Above @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 02:31)
QUOTE (Cutter De Blanc @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 02:23)

What is your source? Anyway, long run sales will outsell the pre-orders.

http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

The Killer Hills Killer

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:44 AM

QUOTE (wwinterj @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 18:28)
QUOTE (Cutter De Blanc @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 03:12)

Not really. Once the game is out pre order DLC or anything like that becomes pointless so they sell it later or even put it up for free if it's not in the game already. Been as codes are already in the case maybe it's for all new copies of the game.

rolleyes.gif

Semantics. You know what I mean. People saying they're just gonna get a reskinned blimp instead.

I don't live in LA, are there alot of other famous blimps in that area?

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:49 AM

QUOTE (ShotGunRain @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 20:23)
QUOTE (GlitzyTomb @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 00:20)
Pre-Order costs $5 bro.

Don't drink anything other than Water for a week.

You're golden.

I just want to know what's the point of pre ordering when you can go to the store on the release day and pay 60 bucks and get the game?

For one, there are lots of people that have poor budgeting skills and often have insufficient funds to buy things that they want due to their lack of financial planning. Pre-ordering helps these people, so that they will not have to frantically worry in the month of September about how the hell they're going to get the $60+ required for the game.

Plus, its a huge loadoff to know that you basically own a game that you've been eagerly anticipating for months. It gives certain individuals (such as myself) great satisfaction to know that the only thing standing between them and GTAV is ~4 months. No financial barriers or anything like that.

RAISE_HELL
  • RAISE_HELL

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:49 AM

Get the access to the "Atomic Blimp"...

"Atomic Blimp"!

maybe there's other blimps in game

BeardedxMic
  • BeardedxMic

The Bearded Bastich.

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:00 AM

QUOTE (wwinterj @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 00:45)
QUOTE (ShotGunRain @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 01:23)
I just want to know what's the point of pre ordering when you can go to the store on the release day and pay 60 bucks and get the game?

You know you can put down a pre order and just pay for the game when you pick it up right? Even if they want a deposit it'll be knocked of the price you pay. Personally I pre order online, pay it off a week before it comes out then when it's delivered most the time it's a day early and I get the pre order stuff.

Still if you don't want to do that the codes are inside the box so there is a good chance you can get a case with the code in without making a pre order. Plus I've no doubt all in-game content will be avaible to everyone at some point. We also don't know if this is the only blimp in the game or just a skin. Do whatever you please and don't think you'll be missing out because you won't be.

I was waiting for someone to say this. Here. You earned this cookie.gif

Ermac_
  • Ermac_

Tower Master

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:49 AM

I might just pre-order for the blimp, dont care for the weapons or cars,

assmillk
  • assmillk

Homie

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:51 AM

it could be fun to just hover and take a tour around los santos and it's countryside.

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:04 AM

I like to preorder stuff and pay it off straight away. That way I know I have it coming and I don't have to spend much time in the store on release night.

Here's my receipt. Here's my game. There's my car. Now I'm playing GTA.

Huzzah.

NostalgiaIsABitch
  • NostalgiaIsABitch

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:13 AM

Question: I placed my preorder last November (from WalMart). Do I need to re-preorder from Rockstar Warehouse to qualify for the blimp, or will it already be included?

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:21 AM

QUOTE (NostalgiaIsABitch @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 00:13)
Question: I placed my preorder last November (from WalMart). Do I need to re-preorder from Rockstar Warehouse to qualify for the blimp, or will it already be included?

You will get the blimp when you pick up the game. The bonus is a passive gain - any previous pre-orders have been instantly upgraded to include the Atomic Blimp bonus.

GTAforthe21thcentury
  • GTAforthe21thcentury

Thug

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:31 AM

QUOTE (cp1dell @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 00:59)
QUOTE (Korisselys @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 00:39)
you'll probably get a blimp with a different skin

This is what I'm thinking.

They specify a lot that it's the "Atomic" Blimp. As we know, Atomic Burgers is a new business in GTA - probably competition for Burger Shot.

This pre-order blimp is probably just like the golden guns for Red Dead Redemption. Just a retexture, a small gift for pre-ordering the game.

It's not atomic burger, it's up-n-atom burger.

mitchnorton
  • mitchnorton

Fly High Pizza Pie

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:36 AM

Dude, all you have to do is pre order the game. You don't deserve the blimp otherwise.

Leezy810
  • Leezy810

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:50 AM

I'm guessing that every copy bought new and at stores. Esoecially at launch will get the bonus as it will probably be a slip in the game case with the download code and not a receipt printout. I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's not a store specific preorder bonus. Just like even today you can buy a copy of blops2 and get the Nuketown "preorder" bonus in the case.

Dale Nixon
  • Dale Nixon

methane on my mind

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:25 AM

Game companies that make a lot of money don't give a rat's ass about equality, I'm afraid.

HudS
  • HudS

Thug

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:51 AM

Rockstar slowly turning into EA thats why..

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:54 AM

Just f*cking pre-order the game. It costs no different. Would you really risk it for release day? You won't be flying ANYTHING if you miss out on the game itself.

Actually, by pre-ordering, you could put $20 on it every month... and by September, you'll own it and be guaranteed a copy + the Atomic Blimp. It's no difference in price but to me, that seems like a way better way to manage your money.

It's good to have it like this, so you are punished for not pre-ordering the game (but have the energy to post topics about it on forums months before release)

III H1TMaN III
  • III H1TMaN III

The Silent Assassin

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:56 AM

Like I've said many times and other people aswell. The Atomic Blimp might just be a special blimp for the ones who pre-order it. There may just be normal blimps aswell for everyone to use in an unpre-ordered version of the game.

But most people pre-order it anyway.

thestoneman420
  • thestoneman420

herp de derp

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:56 AM

QUOTE (HudS @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 07:51)
Rockstar slowly turning into EA thats why..

Nothing makes yourself look more stupid than saying "Rockstar slowly turning into EA".

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:57 AM

I didn't know you have to pay extra 5$ for pre-ordering a game.. or is that only in certain retailers? I preordered a few games, including AC3, Bio Infinite, MP3, etc and I didn't have to pay extra money for that.

I also have a feeling there will be more than just one blimp. Perhaps smaller and slower ones. Or it will be drivable after you complete the story or something. Same with other bonus features (special and collectors editions).

urbanfire
  • urbanfire

Ze Fire of da City

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:58 AM

QUOTE (ShotGunRain @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 00:23)
QUOTE (GlitzyTomb @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 00:20)
Pre-Order costs $5 bro.

Don't drink anything other than Water for a week.

You're golden.

R* were thinking the same thing. Hence why they created this pre-order bonus...

Scampi
  • Scampi

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:00 AM

I don't think OP's point is that pre-ordering is a hassle or expensive, but that it is a sour practice. I don't like where games are headed any more than a lot of people, with the dangling of bonuses and breaking up the contents to sell separately. Yes it is easy to pre-order, but it doesn't seem right to me either that the guy who pays $60 for his GTA V on Sept. 30th winds up with less content than the guy who paid $60 for his Sept. 17th. Sure it's "only a dollar" down the road to buy the blimp, but if 30,000 people say "it's only a dollar, it's no big deal" and buy it that's an easy $30k for R* and only encourages the practice and makes it worse for next time. I'm glad GTA IV didn't have any pre-order bonuses because when it came out I didn't own a PS3 and it wouldn't have made sense to pre-order what I can't play. But by October '08 I got the system and bought IV for $60 and would have been angry if I got less content even though I paid the same amount as everyone else. Now I don't know if there are other blimps, though I suspect not, because even a single blimp is rare to see in reality. But just remember neither the assassin outfit, golden guns, or war horse were unlocked through normal play and they were all pre-order bonuses too.

Palm3
  • Palm3

I will laugh at the giant beaver!!

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:44 AM

To be honest, I don't even want to fly the blimp..

ow wait.. I do tounge.gif

I just don't think Rockstar should do this "pre order, get extra" thing. They build the greatest game ever.. and then take stuff out if you don't pre order confused.gif that's just.. disappointing..

Maybe they can offer a "completing pack" from the PSN or Xbox store that would be okay, but not for more than 5,- or so.. that way you can still all the extra's even if you didn't pre-order.

Just my 2 cents rampage_ani.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users