CoD style "X's" when hitting someone?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41 replies to this topic
nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:37 PM

One of the previews stated this feature is making a return from Max Payne 3 (I think).

I hope they have a disable option.

ScottishHeist123
  • ScottishHeist123

After 5 years on the East Coast, it's time to go home...

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:10 PM

QUOTE (Quackerz Gamerz @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 20:58)
I really want them in. In IV, I swear the amount of times I thought I'd killed someone only to find out after they had got back up and killed me...

That's why there was a health bar in the aim marker.

You could be notified in GTA IV if an enemy died; the system has just been improving since.

Skyline_Mad
  • Skyline_Mad

supercalifragilistic when we drop we go ballistic

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:11 PM

I've played a few games that have hit/death markers (none of which are CoD), i think they are ok depending on the game or game mode (SP/MP), like a SP game that always show enemy health doesn't really need the death/hit markers, as you will know when the enemies have been hit/killed from how much health they have (or don't have), but hit markers can be helpful in SP games. (in Mass effect 3 SP and MP when you hit an enemy their health flashes letting you know they have been hit)

I think Hit markers are more important in MP games, like Battlefield 3, when sniping somebody from a distance with a semi-auto rifle, knowing if you have hit them or not actually helps, if you miss the enemy, just slightly change your aim and try again etc... Now obviously Death Markers are not needed as the satisfying "Enemy Killed" or similar that pops up is a dead giveaway lol.

poncratias
  • poncratias

a thread for threads

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:59 PM

k thx guys.

it's just this what you pointed out, that it tells u when the enemy is dead; wouldn't u like it more to not know this?

so ur in a heavy shoot out, suddenly there is silence. u cant see ur enemy behind his hiding place. now u dont know is he dead or not.
so u have to be cautious.
advance maybe, with guns pointed at his whereabouts. ready to shoot if something moves.

but now i have " bang bang bang, red x. ok i can move on"

ok i have to admit crap.i didnt play MP3, but i think i'll buy it and try it.
looks like some nice shootoutfun.
will also try the new hitman. but ve heard its crap.

so thx guys.
  • freedomworks96 likes this

Teh Edgiest Man on Earth
  • Teh Edgiest Man on Earth

2edgy5u #TeamMichael

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:26 AM

QUOTE (poncratias @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 23:59)
will also try the new hitman. but ve heard its crap.

Where the f*ck have you heard this? Hitman Absolution is also amazing.
  • freedomworks96 likes this

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:31 AM

It's not as easy to see in a game as it is in real life, so I love hit markers.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

One o' them Illuminati motherf*ckers

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:43 AM

As long as I can continue to shoot them after they're dead. Those taxi drivers need a whole clip in their heads before I feel justice is served. devil.gif

rodrich266
  • rodrich266

"After five years on the East Coast, it was time to go home

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:45 AM

QUOTE (poncratias @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 14:53)
So i read in one of those previews that there are X's or crosses on your cursor when you hit someone.

this would really bugger me.

I don't want to magically know when somebody is hit!
either i see it visually or i just can't be sure. like in reality!

This is something i never understood why some games have this.

btw.: does anyone remember reading that, too? because i can't find it, and right now there are a lot of previews out there...

Have you ever played Max Payne 3!!??? That is probably how the x will function, not like that idiotically generic game (CoD)

Play it, at least in Multiplayer when someone is killed a small x will flash (for less than half a second) where the weapon's reticule is at.

And as I can recall the reviews say that the x will flash when the victim is KILLED not when it is hit.

ChocoFrosty
  • ChocoFrosty

Trolley Surfing

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:22 AM

I don't mind the X mark, I just hope the character movement isn't like MP3.

Max always looks like he's running in slow motion. It needs to be a tiny bit faster.

freedomworks96
  • freedomworks96

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:29 PM Edited by freedomworks96, 01 March 2014 - 05:24 PM.

So i read in one of those previews that there are X's or crosses on your cursor when you hit someone.

btw.: does anyone remember reading that, too? because i can't find it, and right now there are a lot of previews out there...

I can't stand GTA V because of the hitmarkers. The worst part is, the entire screen flashes each and every time you kill someone(like the X wasn't enough). If there ever comes and option to turn it off, I will re-buy a copy of GTA5. Seeing the entire game world flash with an X over my target for each kill makes sniping feel lame, it ruins the awesome look and feeling of close range shot gun kills and just ruins immersion in all shooting. People who like the flash and hit markers are retarded.

QUOTE (poncratias @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 14:53) So i read in one of those previews that there are X's or crosses on your cursor when you hit someone.

Have you ever played Max Payne 3!!??? That is probably how the x will function, not like that idiotically generic game (CoD)

Play it, at least in Multiplayer when someone is killed a small x will flash (for less than half a second) where the weapon's reticule is at.

And as I can recall the reviews say that the x will flash when the victim is KILLED not when it is hit.

In Max Payne 3 you could turn off the X marker in option menu. I never played MP3 using the X marker. 

I actually like hitmarkers. I think they're satisfying.

I think it makes kill a lot LESS satisfying. 

It's not as easy to see in a game as it is in real life, so I love hit markers.

I hate them and wish they could be turned off. Hit markers and screen flashes make combat in GTAV feel cheap and boring.

• mariana_dm1989 likes this

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:01 PM

Freedomworks96 can suck my fatty.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League