Photo

No plans to make the SE\CE DLC available later

49 replies to this topic
ChrisMathers3501
  • ChrisMathers3501

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE (TrialzGTAS @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 17:25)
Well I deserve exclusive content for the 150 bucks im investing. Keep it to CE and SE. Not to be mean or anything.

You deserve precisely jack sh*t you prick.

All those little horse armors are gonna find their way into a free DLC pack or get packaged in with one you have to pay for, but no. When you buy a special edition game in ANY franchise, all that you're paying for is the swag and the early access to DLC.

Like I said before, these collectors editions are NOT worth anybody's money. Oooh, a free hat and a bag, big deal. Even Call of Duty has better swag. I never did buy the quadrotor that came with Black Ops 2 but Soap's Journal was a pretty cool little book. ALL special edition games should come with a book. Aw, man, come to think of it, Halo: Reach. THAT was the best. Worth every penny.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:18 PM

You: "Is this content going to be available later?"
Rockstar: "We didn't say that..."

That's pretty much what I got out of this. It'll be available later, man.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE (GlitzyTomb @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 17:07)
That's not what they said.

They said they haven't announced any plans.

Essentially they said nothing at all.

Yup, a translation would be 'we haven't said we will'. That is literally what we 'knew' (i.e. nothing).

GrandTheftDildo
  • GrandTheftDildo

Homie

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:25 PM

PS4/XO versions will probably have all the DLC plus new features to get people from both camps to double dip. monocle.gif icon14.gif

d3ex2
  • d3ex2

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:37 PM

Honestly, what did you expect them to say?

If they say yes then it will stop people buying the SE/CE and it will piss off people who have already bought it.

This is Rockstar's standard reply. Send an email asking about when PS4/XBOX1/PC versions are coming out and they will say "we haven't announced any plans..."

You need to actually read what they say. They very well might have plans but they just haven't announced it yet.

And by the way...all the digital content WILL be released in the COMPLETE edition.

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:40 PM

If you're willing to wait years, there should eventually be a Complete Edition or Game of the Year Edition with everything included, and if you wait even longer that will eventually be $20. But you can't wait that long. tounge2.gif

d3ex2
  • d3ex2

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE (Magic_Al @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 21:40)
If you're willing to wait years, there should eventually be a Complete Edition or Game of the Year Edition with everything included, and if you wait even longer that will eventually be $20. But you can't wait that long. tounge2.gif

No should about it. There WILL be a COMPLETE edition after all DLC is out and it will contain a new build of the game with all bug fixes from the patches released and it will also contain all DLC.

It should arrive late 2014/early 2015.

I'm buying the standard version then complete edition. I ain't paying an extra 25-80 for the SE/CE. The digital content is just additional content. Not unlocks. I can wait. Not like I NEED that extra 25% booster, 2 cars, a bike, 3 weapons, MORE stunt trials and online characters. All that will already be in the game. Their just giving you some more.

It's timed DLC. Everyone will get it eventually. It's exclusive for a while but not forever.

Papi Chulo
  • Papi Chulo

Rookie Of The Year

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:55 PM

Standard buyers, keep trying convenience yourselves that CE is waste of money. Deep down y'all wish you had gotten the CE, but ain't got the funds for it. Why the f** would I wait a year for dlc when I can get it now suicidal.gif .

Apxidia
  • Apxidia

Apxidia

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE (ChrisMathers3501 @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 20:17)
QUOTE (TrialzGTAS @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 17:25)
Well I deserve exclusive content for the 150 bucks im investing. Keep it to CE and SE. Not to be mean or anything.

You deserve precisely jack sh*t you prick.

All those little horse armors are gonna find their way into a free DLC pack or get packaged in with one you have to pay for, but no. When you buy a special edition game in ANY franchise, all that you're paying for is the swag and the early access to DLC.

Like I said before, these collectors editions are NOT worth anybody's money. Oooh, a free hat and a bag, big deal. Even Call of Duty has better swag. I never did buy the quadrotor that came with Black Ops 2 but Soap's Journal was a pretty cool little book. ALL special edition games should come with a book. Aw, man, come to think of it, Halo: Reach. THAT was the best. Worth every penny.

Perhaps deserve is a strong word, but whatever word you choose to use, people that pay R* $150 will get something. That something won't be available as easily, accessibly, or as quickly for people that didn't pay the extra cash. Businesses want money, and businesses like R* know that people are willing to pay extra to be able to enjoy exclusivity (whether its temporary or permanent).

When the DLC becomes available for the people who didn't pay extra, that content will be so over with for the most part that R* won't care who has it and its likely that neither will anyone else playing with you.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE (Papi-Chulo @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 20:55)
Standard buyers, keep trying convenience yourselves that CE is waste of money. Deep down y'all wish you had gotten the CE, but ain't got the funds for it. Why the f** would I wait a year for dlc when I can get it now suicidal.gif .

Maybe because not everyone has a moneytree on their backs?

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE (Papi-Chulo @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 23:55)

Your kind is cancer to the gaming industry.

esato
  • esato

Thug

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:49 PM

Obviously we'll have a GTAV Complete Edition some years after the original release...

We only will not have the physical contents (cap, coin purse, blueprint map... this things).

In RDR the Deadly Assassin outfit was a preorder bonus... but in the Game of the year edition (AKA complete edition) we had a complete RDR with ALL DLCs... including the deadly assassin outfit.

I'll buy GTAV in release date... and the complete edition... This game deserve my money!

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:55 PM

And this boys and girls is called business. Making this content exclusive for SE/CE customers adds a boatload of incentive for people that were hesitant or didn't even consider it at first to spend the extra bucks to make sure they won't miss out on any in-game content. Which for Rockstar means more revenue, and at the end of the day that's what it's all about; mula. So don't be disappointed fellas.

Los Santos.
  • Los Santos.

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:04 AM

They will release the game of the year edition or the complete edition that includes everything in the future,

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:19 AM

QUOTE (Papi-Chulo @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 21:55)

Wait a year? Who ever said anything about that? When it's on the PSN it'll be around 3 month after launch. This isn't pre order content. I don't want/won't buy the collectors edition as I only care about in game items and those in game items will be able to everyone at some point.

MRDR
  • MRDR

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:04 AM

ITT: Standard edition buyers trying to convince themselves that the CE is a rip-off and CE buyers trying to convince themselves that the DLC is exclusive.

smile.gif

solofme
  • solofme

True City Killers - Leader - PS3

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:13 AM

QUOTE (MRDR @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 09:04)
ITT: Standard edition buyers trying to convince themselves that the CE is a rip-off and CE buyers trying to convince themselves that the DLC is exclusive.

smile.gif

Haha you noticed it too. It really doesn't matter that much which edition you get, just enjoy what you ordered. I ordered the CE because of the combination of digital and physical content and I always regretted not getting the CE for GTA IV, so I'm happy with my choice biggrin.gif

sh0w3r m4n
  • sh0w3r m4n

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:33 AM

QUOTE (Happyness @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 22:29)
QUOTE (Papi-Chulo @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 23:55)

Your kind is cancer to the gaming industry.

Yup, I bought the CE and it goes against everything I stand for but... it's GTA.

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:36 AM

No matter what they say now, they will definitely release it as DLC 3-4 months later.

sivaG
  • sivaG

Mike D Santa

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:43 AM

They just said that they have not *announced* any plans about releasing the Special Edition and Collector's Edition digital content. That doesn't mean they are not gonna release it. They will eventually release them as DLCs later to make some money.

Since both the special and collector's edition are limited, those who are interested in buying them might miss it due to non-availability. And it'll be helpful for them if Rockstar release the digital contents.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users