» «
Photo

No plans to make the SE\CE DLC available later

49 replies to this topic
rodrich266
  • rodrich266

"After five years on the East Coast, it was time to go home

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:06 PM Edited by rodrich266, 28 May 2013 - 05:21 PM.

So I sent an email to the Rockstar Mouthoff

Sent: Monday, May 27, 2013 11:37 AM
To: RSGNYC Mouthoff
Subject: MOUTHOFF EMAIL: GTA V Collectors Edition

Message: Hello Rockstar Games I was glad to see the Collectors Edition announced on the newswire recently but some questions arose: 1. Will the all of the DLC be available separately in the future? (Mostly interested in the Classic Characters pack) 2. When Additional Weapons were mentioned, does it mean that these weapons are not obtainable in the game without the purchase of the DLC? Will they be unlockable later on? 3. Is the garage and the vehicles obtainable through regular means or are these just available as DLC? Lastly, what online stores have the Collectors Edition available? Thanks for all your efforts on GTA V and by providing such a good customer support!

And this was their reply

Hey Rod,

Thanks for the email and your kind words. We haven't announced any plans to make the Special Edition and Collector's Edition digital content available separately. As for your question about online stores, please let us know your country so we can help.

Stay tuned to the Rockstar Newswire for the latest news on GTAV.

Cheers,

Rockstar Games

So if you want to get access to say, the custom characters pack you have to get your hands on the Collectors Edition because there are no plans (right now) of getting the DLC separately. (Good thing I already preordered mine sigh.gif )

Just a friendly announcement wink.gif

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:07 PM

That's not what they said.

They said they haven't announced any plans.

Essentially they said nothing at all.

MMC_BITW
  • MMC_BITW

Nobody Interesting

• Members
  • Maldives

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:07 PM

Thank god I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:08 PM

All DLC will be avaible to everyone at some point. They won't say "yeah it'll be all on PSN in a few months" because they want you to buy these editions. L.A Noire, Max Payne 3, Red Dead Redemption all did this. Why do you believe GTA V will be any different?

pariah87
  • pariah87

Chosen one

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:15 PM

No way I'm paying that much extra just for classic characters and a bunch of useless junk.

.dre.
  • .dre.

reminder 6/12

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:19 PM

Do you really think they will admit that their overpriced Collector's Edition DLC will make it to their marketplace before the game is out? They will say no now, and then release it later for $2.99 a piece later. Anything to get extra money from the gullibles.
I play GTA multiple times, so getting the DLC later is no problem for me. In fact it would be another incentive to pick up my game again.

Johan
  • Johan

He won’t see the sun again for years to come

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

They're saying no so you can order them, come on anyone can know that.

From B With Love
  • From B With Love

Trick

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:24 PM

Yea this is just worded to get punters to buy the stuff now. Much like no plans about pc.

TrialzGTAS
  • TrialzGTAS

Hopes for turnout gear in V!

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:25 PM

Well I deserve exclusive content for the 150 bucks im investing. Keep it to CE and SE. Not to be mean or anything.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:26 PM

Nothing new.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE (TrialzGTAS @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 18:25)
Well I deserve exclusive content for the 150 bucks im investing. Keep it to CE and SE. Not to be mean or anything.

No you "deserve" nothing. You're choice is to pay more and the only things that will be exclusive is the swag. You get early access to the content nothing more and have already paid for the content with the heavy price tag on these editions. Just as others will pay a price once the content is avaible to everyone.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE (pariah87 @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 17:15)
No way I'm paying that much extra just for classic characters and a bunch of useless junk.

Mainly for the online experience.

J-B
  • J-B

Syrup Drenched

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE (Johacamigames @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 11:23)
They're saying no so you can order them, come on anyone can know that.

Bingo. They aren't gonna undercut themselves like that this early. Expect the pre-order and SE/CE DLC to be offered up for free or for sale at a later date like it happened with RDR and MP3.

Dont_Mess_69
  • Dont_Mess_69

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:34 PM

You have to realize that it is only access to different vehicles at different times, free weapons, and different clothing. If you only get the regular addition, you will have to pay for the weapons, the clothing, and access the vehicles somewhere else. They are not excluded from your access completely.

Calanguento
  • Calanguento

Citizen

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE (GlitzyTomb @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 14:07)

This.

rodrich266
  • rodrich266

"After five years on the East Coast, it was time to go home

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:36 PM

Yeah guys, I know that the DLC probably will come out later. But who knows when as there will be a generation leap.

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't the RDR Pre-Order bonuses came years later after release?

Anyways the price of the CE is really high probably because that bag and its ridiculous details like a laser cut logo key and whatnot. I am getting mine just because my bro will pay half the total cost of the game for me as a graduation gift turn.gif so I am basically getting a collectors edition for 75 bucks hehe wink.gif

MinnieMan121249
  • MinnieMan121249

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE (rodrich266 @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 12:06)
Thanks for the email and your kind words. We haven't announced any plans to make the Special Edition and Collector's Edition digital content available separately.

Just like they don't have any plans for a PC version, yet I'm sure one will come out.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE (rodrich266 @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 18:36)
Yeah guys, I know that the DLC probably will come out later. But who knows when as there will be a generation leap.

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't the RDR Pre-Order bonuses came years later after release?

What does next gen consoles have to do with anything? confused.gif
By your logic GTA V won't see DLC because of next gen consoles and we all know that isn't true.

You're right the pre order stuff for Red Dead Redemption was released a year later along with the game of the year version however this content is not pre order content. Save for the blimp.

Nemesis2252
  • Nemesis2252

Arch Enemy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:46 PM

R* chooses their words very carefully, and i wish they wouldnt. not once has the word ''exclusive'' been said for the SE/CE, but then they say ''we dont have plans to make it available seperately. again, doesnt mean for sure it will never come as DLC. i wish they would stop feeding around the bush and come out and say one way or the other without any loop holes.

Grove Street Banger
  • Grove Street Banger

GangBanger

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (Dont_Mess_69 @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 17:34)
You have to realize that it is only access to different vehicles at different times, free weapons, and different clothing. If you only get the regular addition, you will have to pay for the weapons, the clothing, and access the vehicles somewhere else. They are not excluded from your access completely.

Sorry but you're wrong those things won't be in the base game. If you go to the link below and scroll down to "digital content" you'll see the words "bonus", "unique" and "additional" referring to the items in your post. So no you can't get them without the SE/CE

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:52 PM Edited by wwinterj, 28 May 2013 - 05:54 PM.

QUOTE (Grove Street Banger @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 18:49)
So no you can't get them without the SE/CE

You can:

- Unlock in game
- Buy when on Marketplace/PSN
- Buy the game of the year version.

They are not limited to these editions no mater what you might think. Want proof? Please see L.A Noire, Max Payne 3 and Red Dead Redemption. Are people really this gullible? That's a rhetorical question by the way.

Grove Street Banger
  • Grove Street Banger

GangBanger

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE (wwinterj @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 17:52)
QUOTE (Grove Street Banger @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 18:49)
So no you can't get them without the SE/CE

You can:

- Unlock in game
- Buy when on Marketplace/PSN
- Buy the game of the year version.

They are not limited to these editions no mater what you might think. Want proof? Please see L.A Noire, Max Payne 3 and Red Dead Redemption. Are people really this gullible? That's a rhetorical question by the way.

You clearly misunderstood me. The person I replied to said all the bonus content for the SE/CE will be in the base game, you'll just have to work for it, which is wrong cuz it won't be. I'm not saying it won't be available later as dlc, cuz it most definitely will be.

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:42 PM

Sorry but what f*cking answer did you expect? If they would say they are gonna release them later on, nobody is going to buy the Special Editions. Also, they didn't say they have no plans, they say they haven't announced any plans.

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:59 PM

I refuse to pay almost £100 more for 'VIP' additional content.

solofme
  • solofme

True City Killers - Leader - PS3

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (GlitzyTomb @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 17:07)

And end thread.
Of course they don't give no new info to you. It doesn't say it will come and it doesn't say it won't come, so they essentially said nothing.

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:09 PM

Totally 100% what this guy said.

*edit* i r slo

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:42 PM

I'm so f*cking glad the first reply was someone who actually has some reading comprehension.

Nice f*ck-up OP.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:44 PM

Lol, LOL! Of course they will say they don't have any plans, they want to get your $150 rather than your $60 + $5* later on.

* = Estimated price of the future DLC.

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE (Happyness @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 19:44)
Lol, LOL! Of course they will say they don't have any plans, they want to get your $150 rather than your $60 + $5* later on.

* = Estimated price of the future DLC.

They didn't say they don't have plans.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:02 PM

Still along those lines. smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users