Photo

Trevor could front GTA 5 on his own.

48 replies to this topic
DeadZombie
  • DeadZombie

Sons Of Ditka - Leader

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:17 PM

Idk. I like Trevor. But chaos owns his life. He has abandonment issues and is massive drug head. He couldent rise up on his own without the help of Michael and Franklin. It doesent make sense. You've seen him wake up to a bunch of dead body's in his underwear and push meth. In a real crappy town. It's just a hunch but in his trailer. It looks like he gets a studio apartment with that one weird guy that's scared of him. And he wants a massage. Because its basically like a palace compared to where he use to live.

GrandTheftEllboy
  • GrandTheftEllboy

If you want my advice, give the sh*t up.

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:28 PM

Let's not forget we never actually played as Phil Cassidy. I sure used to want to though.

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:10 PM

Another Trevor worshiping thread I see...

Anyway, I like the crap out of Trevor, but of course he could hold his own. I mean, in the past GTA's , we've only played with one character, and they all held their own in the game.....

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:12 PM

I'm just glad michael is there to give people something to be all serious and grown up about. It gives them something to do. It looks like V will have plenty of mindless fun to be had, so it's nice that the people that like SERIOUS DRAMA will get something that satisfies that urge. Hopefully.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:12 PM

They could've easily made the game with any of these as single characters but I think Trevor wouldn't be as interesting as other two in that case.

Michael is NOT like Tommy in any regard. If anything Tommy is more similar to Trevor than he is to Michael. Why? Because Michael seems like a calm, calculated guy. He's got a family, wealth and all that. Tommy, like Trevor, was impulsive, aggressive and had little regard for anyone. Where he differs is that he knew he wanted to build an empire and that's why he did what ever he had to. Trevor would be the worst single character just because he doesn't seem to have any drive to achieve something greater.
And Franklin, he's again very different from CJ. CJ was dragged all around by everyone, never did anything for himself basically and in the end still ended up in the hood because his brother dragged him back. While Franklin is a smart guy who want to evolve, to go outside of hood boundaries.

But, that's why we'll have each of their own stories, along with the main story. So when V is out we'll know who would really be the best single character.

jsaba2018
  • jsaba2018

LK XBOX CLIQUE OG

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:55 PM

Micheal - vice city fans

Franklin - San Andreas Fans

Trevor - Free roaming blowing sh*t up Fans

CRRPGMykael
  • CRRPGMykael

Man in a suit

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:16 AM

Trevor is anything BUT fresh. What was Claude? What was Vercetti? What was CJ? They were all 100% down with what they were doing. Then Rockstar decided to add actual depth and personality to their characters (Niko). Obviously, it's GTA, what DID you expect him to be doing most the time? But he's still a character with moral values and issues. All of his behavior in IV was carefully crafted, even with little touches, like him never hitting women (in the car jacking animations) unless forced to (with Gracie Ancelotti, for example), OR, unless, and this is the big problem here, THE PLAYER makes him. You're the ones who run over old ladies with sports cars. Again, yes, this is GTA, but the disconnection between Niko's moral values and what he does is created by the player, not the developer (remember that most of the morality choices in-game really only have one option, the "good guy" option that resonates with Niko, not the alternative, which you can still pick, but then you're just kind of being a dickhead). This is called "ludonarrative dissonance", a situation in which what you're doing in gameplay does not correspond with the overall narrative of the game.

And that's why
#TeamMichael

walkingsickness
  • walkingsickness

Mr. "Blow Your Head Off"

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:23 AM

If we thought that Trevor could be more than a certified psychopath
then yeah, he could be stand alone protagonist. But from what we
have seen from him he dosent seem to be well rounded.

Neither of them don't seem to be like that, that's why haveing
three instead of one is going to work out better. Adds more depth.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Laying low in Alderney City

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:34 AM

Trevor is the wildcard.

YEEEHAW! cool.gif

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:42 AM

QUOTE (CRRPGMykael @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 17:16)
Trevor is anything BUT fresh. What was Claude? What was Vercetti? What was CJ? They were all 100% down with what they were doing. Then Rockstar decided to add actual depth and personality to their characters (Niko). Obviously, it's GTA, what DID you expect him to be doing most the time? But he's still a character with moral values and issues. All of his behavior in IV was carefully crafted, even with little touches, like him never hitting women (in the car jacking animations) unless forced to (with Gracie Ancelotti, for example), OR, unless, and this is the big problem here, THE PLAYER makes him. You're the ones who run over old ladies with sports cars. Again, yes, this is GTA, but the disconnection between Niko's moral values and what he does is created by the player, not the developer (remember that most of the morality choices in-game really only have one option, the "good guy" option that resonates with Niko, not the alternative, which you can still pick, but then you're just kind of being a dickhead). This is called "ludonarrative dissonance", a situation in which what you're doing in gameplay does not correspond with the overall narrative of the game.

And that's why
#TeamMichael

But that dissonance is exactly what trevor solves. Want to break sh*t without breaking character? Trevor is your guy.

Sure, it might not seem like a big deal to some like me to rampage with the other guys, but ludonarrative dissonance is a big problem to story buffs like GTA-King and such. Trevor answers that problem with laser precision. Now nobody has to break character to break sh*t, and that's really important to many people.

That's why trevor is a good addition.

TotesMagotes
  • TotesMagotes

Totes Magotes

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:54 AM

Trevor will be fun to play as, i love that trashy desert desperado feel. I think i'll be spending most of my time in the desert.

Bantri
  • Bantri

I'll kill as many animals in GTA as I damn well please

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:58 AM

I still think Michael would be the best stand alone character. Get a view from someone else who is older.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

Is pepsi okay?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:00 AM

He just seems like an excessively angry, slightly more colorful Johnny Klebitz. Michael would probably be a stand alone character.

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:24 AM

QUOTE (theNGclan @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 04:00)
He just seems like an excessively angry, slightly more colorful Johnny Klebitz. Michael would probably be a stand alone character.

I pretty much agree.

I like Trevor and I'm sure I'll have a lot of fun with him...

But he really seems to be the character least capable of carrying a full game.

Franklin clearly carry a game, he's pretty much in the same spot as CJ in the beginning...but there are so many places you could go with that set up and so many different stories to tell.

Micheal could carry a game too just based on him being that GTA protag who got it all and got out alive...but he misses the life. Him gradually dragging himself into it and becoming increasingly distant from the life he has set up over the last few years.

Trevor though...

I don't see how Trevor would work as the lead.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:05 AM

Heck yeah, man. He reminds me of good ol' psychotic Tommy Vercetti.

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:29 AM

Why even try to argue the point about who would work as a standalone character, when the game hasn't been designed for any of them to be?

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:05 AM

Trevor is different and something fresh for a GTA game. I have no idea if there even be any detailed story about Trevor, Im sure they will mention his past in the game like what turned him into a psycho, but will that be a good enough explanation or just simply be explained as Niko Bellic and get it over with.

R* can really add great depth to his character if there is a solid reasoning behind his character being crazy.

Rockstar could have pulled it off with Trevor only story if they really wanted to, they could have added too many layers to his character and made it interesting but it would have ended up being another depressing story like IV.

I like Trevor but Im glad V is not based on any 1 character, I like all three of the protags equally and I never thought I will say that, but doing three protagonists have really changed the GTA, I am really looking forward to how it plays out.

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:17 AM

I also have to say that a lot of people think Trevor is a one note character, when it's certainly not going to be the case. Here's a guy with a past as a military pilot/war veteran and has self-diagnosed abandonment issues.

Dan Houser stated himself that there's way more to Trevor than meets the eye.
He wants to keep going and ride it all to the end. Won't take an insult from anybody. Kills without remorse, like a true psychopath, but very sentimental for the right reasons when it suits him. That seemed like another side of the kind of GTA coin or the GTA world, but very rarely as the protagonist. That seemed an interesting guy to have as a protagonist. Very unlike anyone we've had in a game before.

I don't really understand the Phil Cassidy comparison either. Sure, they're similar, but Phil wasn't a protagonist, so it's kind of different. Actually, I don't feel like any of the protagonists are similar to previous protagonists outside of superficial reasons. Sure, Michael looks and sounds like Tommy and Franklin looks and sounds like Carl, but it's the story that makes the character and not the other way around. They're all very different people.

GTA.
  • GTA.

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:26 AM

Trevor is not my preferred character but i like him because he's funny lol.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users