Quantcast

» «
Photo

Trevor could front GTA 5 on his own.

48 replies to this topic
GrandTheftEllboy
  • GrandTheftEllboy

If you want my advice, give the sh*t up.

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:04 PM

As you can see from my topic description which should calm the 'Trevor haters', I have nothing against Michael or Franklin. It's just that Trevor is one of the first GTA characters that just seems to raise hell without hiding behind an excuse, unlike most others that are 'sucked into the criminal underworld' or whatever. He seems so refreshing, like a GTA gamer that's been personified in game.

And with his mad mentality and apparent appetite for destruction, he could get himself into progressively crazier situations without the game feeling stagnant. Anyone else agree?

MrSpooge
  • MrSpooge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:13 PM

Strangely enough I feel as if Trevor is the only one who couldn't "Survive" on his own. In terms of actually surviving he'd do better then the other 2 but I mean as being a Single/Main Protag.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE (GrandTheftEllboy @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 16:04)
It's just that Trevor is one of the first GTA characters that just seems to raise hell without hiding behind an excuse, unlike most others that are 'sucked into the criminal underworld' or whatever. He seems so refreshing, like a GTA gamer that's been personified in game.

And with his mad mentality and apparent appetite for destruction, he could get himself into progressively crazier situations without the game feeling stagnant. Anyone else agree?

Nope I definitely don't agree.

Trevor just does not cut it for me, and he's not refreshing at all. So far, I find nothing special about him. Oh okay, he's a psycho, he's wild, he's very violent, he's crazy, but like....so what ?? That stuff alone does not make him appear to be very cool or "badass" than any other GTA protagonist, well not in my eyes anyway. You can do that with anyone, to me it would make no difference who you used.

And I personally don't play GTA to primarily go on destructive rampages anyway. Yeah it can be fun for many, but for me, it was a lot fun 12 years ago when GTA III first came out. Now I'm past that, all that raising hell and causing destruction antics in GTA just does not really figure in my interest when playing the game.

If anything Michael is the refreshing one - he's wealthy and living a luxury life already, he has a family that is now dysfunctional, and he's going through a mid-life crisis. I'm very much interested and excited for this.

As for Trevor ? NO

MuffinCapBackBlue
  • MuffinCapBackBlue

f*ck yo rules

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:22 PM

Murad96
  • Murad96

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE (MuffinCapBackBlue @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 17:22)

But Michael doesn't even say that. He says "get the sh*t off you" or something.

Wait I don't know.

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE (Murad96 @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 12:24)
QUOTE (MuffinCapBackBlue @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 17:22)

But Michael doesn't even say that. He says "get the sh*t off you" or something.

Wait I don't know.

No he doesn't.. he DOES say "Give the sh*t up"

Tony_Florence
  • Tony_Florence

I've been drinking green tea all goddamn day!

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:29 PM

The three protagonists were designed to be able to stand on their own, but just like someone else said, I also feel Trevor is the one that wouldn't make a very good single protag. He just doesn't have much going for him other than he's insane. Just my two cents.

Smaaske
  • Smaaske

Gangsta

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:32 PM

Trevor is my favorite, why? Because Michael is audentic to Tommy Vercetti and Franklin is just totally audentic to Carl Johnson... Trevor? He's is new, never seen that type before in any GTA game but I will play mostly with Michael and Franklin first and obviously Michael because I prefer to select the character I most like as last! But Mike and Frank are still good though, I liked Mr. Vercetti and CJ too.

Grove Street Heat
  • Grove Street Heat

Swag Daddy

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:34 PM

FRANKLIN FTW

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:39 PM

There's already a lot of hate in this thread, which is funny, because the people who did that in Franklin's thread were accused of being closet racists.

NikoBellic1993
  • NikoBellic1993

Peon

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:41 PM

I find it funny how the first time when Trevor has been shown almost everybody hated him, now it's the opposite . colgate.gif

The1TheOnlyGonzo
  • The1TheOnlyGonzo

Brothers of Redemption MC President

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (Smaaske @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 16:32)
Trevor is my favorite, why? Because Michael is audentic to Tommy Vercetti and Franklin is just totally audentic to Carl Johnson... Trevor? He's is new, never seen that type before in any GTA game but I will play mostly with Michael and Franklin first and obviously Michael because I prefer to select the character I most like as last! But Mike and Frank are still good though, I liked Mr. Vercetti and CJ too.

I don't see how Trevor seems new. To me he is another form of Phil Cassidy, insane and self-destructive.

Michael to me is where It is at. His story is a sequel to every GTA mob story

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

If ever you need an alibi, rely on me, I am Darkness.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:58 PM

I will have to disagree. As much as i like trevor's wrecklessness, you need much more than that to keep me interested in playing through your story, and based on what little info is available about the protagonists, he seems to have the lowest level of character development.
If all he does is go around f*cking up and gunning down the country drug trade competition while tagging along and providing his services to his fellow heist men, i dont see how its possible for his story to give us the "wow factor" at the story's conclusion. Im afraid that his story might be as deep as the story for the game "State of Emergency", which was a bunch of mindless fun.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:25 PM

The lost have me interested in Trevor the most.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Gangsta Bunny

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:27 PM

Trevor is probably my favorite character, but I don't think he could carry the game, no. I think only Michael's story has enough weight to. Trevor's average day probably consists of coming out of his stupor, f*cking sh*t up, getting blitzed, f*cking sh*t up some more, and then passing out around midday.

mrsurferdude
  • mrsurferdude

Hustler

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:30 PM

I like Michael's story arch better so far. I'm looking forward to see his interactions within his family. I have no idea what to expect from Trevor as he seems like the most messed up psychologically of the lot. I am definitely curious about his arch.

GrandTheftEllboy
  • GrandTheftEllboy

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE (Smaaske @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 16:32)

This is exactly the point I'm trying to make

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (man dragon @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 16:39)
There's already a lot of hate in this thread, which is funny, because the people who did that in Franklin's thread were accused of being closet racists.

Well if you see anyone hating Trevor just simply because he's white, then call them out and expose them as racists, don't just sit there moaning about it.

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:17 PM

Jesus man, I was joking.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE (man dragon @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 18:17)
Jesus man, I was joking.

Well I was not.

And I don't really believe that anything to do with racism is something to joke about on here, you can clearly see what kind of heat it can bring, you only got to look at other threads, past and present.

That is one very strange way of having a joke confused.gif

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Gangsta Bunny

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:43 PM

I'm gonna put a ridiculously oversized sombrero on Trevor if I can. alien.gif

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:49 PM

Trevor is certainly going to be awesome, and as you said a refreshment, almost like an embodiment of a GTA fan just wreaking havoc in the city. But I think his character only works in this situation, where we have two others to counteract him. Having Franklin and Michael brings us back to the seriousness of the game and allows us to enjoy the epic storytelling that Rockstar always achieve. If we didn't have multiple characters, sure I could see him front a DLC like TLAD/TBOGT but not as the main character in the standalone game.

Either way, this is only going on how he's been portrayed so far; unhinged and carefree, but there might actually be some tough guy loyalty in there too. We'll see.

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:50 PM

People saying that Michael represents a Tommy Vercetti character and that Franklin represents a Carl Johnson character don't seem to realise that Trevor represents a Phil Cassidy character.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE (Prominent Fate @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 18:50)
People saying that Michael represents a Tommy Vercetti character and that Franklin represents a Carl Johnson character don't seem to realise that Trevor represents a Phil Cassidy character.

Yep, I definitely agree with that, it is something that is conveniently overlooked by the guys who say that.

NikoBellic1993
  • NikoBellic1993

Peon

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:52 PM

F*ck Phil Cassidy ! Trevor is more interesting and more funny that that cardboard cutout of a character .

DjDark
  • DjDark

Prime Mover

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:53 PM

Totally agree with the threadtitle and the sub-title.

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE (NikoBellic1993 @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 18:52)

F*ck Phil Cassidy ! Trevor is more interesting and more funny that that cardboard cutout of a character .

How do you know that until you've played the game? You've only seen trailers. Trailers sometimes make things seem better than they are.

evoluon--720
  • evoluon--720

Left Field

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:08 PM

I believe Trevor will have multiple sides to his personality like the others.
Someone even mentioned (I think R*) that Trevor is crazy/destructive but there is also a charming
rational side to him.

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:58 PM

They're thrown in Trevor to make things more unpredictable, they could do outrageous sh*t and blame it on Trevor just cuz hes psycho.

For me thats like a film finishing on 'It was all a dream' or films such as The Machinist and Shutter Island going 'He was crazy all along'

bwasroy
  • bwasroy

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:06 PM

bulets...
hookhers...
a car crashe...
helichopers....
typicale fib bulsh*t

as beyonce say im betta than that
will u kill me tervor ??????
only time wile tell

im jus tryin to survive here who know if i ever make it out of SANTE ANDREIS alive these people party untile 4am every dang day of the weke im basicaly in heaven

(grand theft HOTTO tight kitty nice)

RWB out

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users