» «
Photo

[PS2] Controlling a car/bike

5 replies to this topic
matthijsvdpoel123
  • matthijsvdpoel123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:50 PM Edited by matthijsvdpoel123, 28 May 2013 - 07:24 PM.

Hi Guys,

Today I bought a brand new GTA San Andreas for the PS2.
He's doing real nice.

But do you guys also have these 2 problems?:
-I have to press ''X'' and ''Square'' Real hard to hear the ''car accelartion sound'' and to really accelerate
-I also have a this little problem (but I think it's normal at the PS2) = When I jump with square, the sound of coming down at the floor is a bit too early. You guys also have this problem?
(Edit: Damn, I think I have a audio sync problem, is that possible?)

Thanks guys!

Greetings cool.gif
Matthijs

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:03 PM

Seems to me to be a symptom of your need to replace the controller.

matthijsvdpoel123
  • matthijsvdpoel123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:40 PM

well , it isn't so hard, and I already get used to it. (But when I first played it on PC with a PC controller I didn't had to push so hard. So I think I was just used to my PC controller).

I find the audio/video sync problem more sh*t. Do you guys also have these probs?
For example : Standing still -> Press square into the water -> while still IN the air (ABOVE the water) I do already hear the sound of getting IN the water.
I can live with it , but do you guys also have that problem?

Thanks

Greetings
Matthijs

Calanguento
  • Calanguento

Citizen

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:33 AM

In a few cutscenes I've experienced a sound synchronizing problem, but it happened only a handful of times. I don't know if it's random though but anyway, not a big deal. About that driving with your joystick I think you're used to keyboard since it isn't pressure sensitive, so as soon as you press the keyboard button the car will instantly go on with full throttle, using a Dualshock controller is different because you can use it's pressure sensitivity to throttle control...

matthijsvdpoel123
  • matthijsvdpoel123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:22 PM

Well , I've bought a new controller and now the joystick thing is all good.

But i still have a bit audio/video sync problems.

Here is an other example : Standing still for a car -> Square -> Opening the door -> Sit down -> !!!Closing the door!!! , when closing the door the audio of the door is closed comes a little bit too early.

But this audio/video sync problem thing is so low I honestly can't say it's a problem.
But If you also have this problem please tell me tounge.gif

Greetz 8)
Matthijs

(Sorry for bad english, I'm Dutch)

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:24 PM

The programmed audio response to button pressing isn't always entirely aligned. Bugs can arise that distort the response timing as well. But since you pointed out no others, bugs aren't a concern and you're in the norm.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users