This is for the discussion and releasing of tutorials for modifying GTA. Anything that isn't a tutorial will be deleted without notification.
Please read the Official Modification Forum Rules & Procedure BEFORE posting!
The following topics contain information for formatting and writing tutorials:
Requests are to be made in the pinned topic.
New topics to this forum are subject to moderation, and will not appear immediately. Pending approval by a moderator, if a topic is deemed unsuitable it will be deleted without notification.
[TUT] SA: Re-Claiming 6th Wheel On DFT-30
Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:18 AM
Here's a tutorial on how to get back the missing wheel on the DFT-30 truck using the free 3D modelling program, Blender. There's a video link too.
You will need:
- Blender 2.5 or above
- The DFF Import/Export script from here: http://www.gtaforums...pic=522492&st=0
- Python 3.0 or above for Blender
1. Using IMGTool, extract dft30.dff and dft30.txd from gta_3.img, preferably into its own folder.
2. Make a folder inside the first one called 'dft30.dff_tex'.
3. Using TXD Workshop, extract the textures from dft30.txd into the dft30.dff_tex folder you made earlier. Also get the generic vehicle textures out of vehicles.txd.
4. Start Blender and import dft30.dff into it.
5. Find the attachment called 'wheel_lm' and rename it 'wheel_lm_dummy'.
6. Export the model as a .dff, with the same name as the old one, 'dft30.dff'.
7. Using IMGTool, replace the old .dff with the new one.
8. Enjoy driving a DFT-30 with 6 wheels!
The video tutorial version is here, made by me:
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users