Can't we fly any aircraft to the moon?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
40 replies to this topic
Wreak Havoc in Los Santos
  • Wreak Havoc in Los Santos

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:25 AM

sure you can go scuba diving in the ocean in this game, exploring all features down there, but what about going up straight to the moon?

why we can't fly any aircraft to outerspace?

i wanna go to the Moon rockstar, Mars, Jupiter, Kuiper Belt, and so on and so forth

i really don't care about this planet at all

please but some solid fuel rocket sh*T is this game, i don't want my plane going down because there is not techonology to fly above stratosphere

sorry for the thread, i know is very random, but anyway is better than all this is 5 years old whining about Los Santos size

I Luke
  • I Luke

UGHH..

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:26 AM

Gl trying to fly a plane into space bro.

bluetops
  • bluetops

Chupacabra

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:27 AM

Space DLC will get you to do that..

No, seriously. This is... mental.

Grove Street Heat
  • Grove Street Heat

Swag Daddy

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:27 AM

Yes we can .

Bobbin100
  • Bobbin100

I like trains. Do you?

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:28 AM

Moon DLC confirmed.

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

I don't think it will happen in GTA V, but I'm guessing it's the next thing R* will try to do properly. First is was the city, wilderness, ocean, and next it might be a realistic explorable solar system/universe.

GTAFan20
  • GTAFan20

I Got This.

• Members

http://www.freeworld...m/desperate.htm

Here you go... You can fly to the moon.

Wreak Havoc in Los Santos
  • Wreak Havoc in Los Santos

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:29 AM Edited by Wreak Havoc in Los Santos, 28 May 2013 - 03:32 AM.

QUOTE (BlackNoise @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 03:28)
I don't think it will happen in GTA V, but I'm guessing it's the next thing R* will try to do properly. First is was the city, wilderness, ocean, and next it might be a realistic explorer solar system/universe.

that's my point sir

can you imagine a game like Dead Space or Mass Efect with the RAGE engine and some realistic physics?

there you go Rockstar.

Sci-Fi Sandbox game.

WE NEED THAT.

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:38 AM

QUOTE (Wreak Havoc in Los Santos @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 03:29)
I don't think it will happen in GTA V, but I'm guessing it's the next thing R* will try to do properly. First is was the city, wilderness, ocean, and next it might be a realistic explorer solar system/universe.

that's my point sir

can you imagine a game like Dead Space or Mass Efect with the RAGE engine and some realistic physics?

there you go Rockstar.

Sci-Fi Sandbox game.

WE NEED THAT.

Yeah, and this makes me a little hopeful...

In a recent interview to French site Ecrans (translated by OXM), Rockstar head Dan Houser was quizzed about possibility of a futuristic GTA game. To this he replied, "We will do it the very second we have an idea,"

"One of our strengths is the consistency of the game world. We’re not necessarily the best writers in the world, but we know how to write a video game."

Houser further went on to explained, "When we decided to make a Western, it was because we knew we had something to say,"

"We have no interest in going into science fiction for the sake of flying cars and laser guns. The best science fiction stories are those that speak about the human condition. So while this idea is very tempting and, by definition, anything’s possible in a videogame, we lack the essential thing for the moment: a good reason."

I can imagine there are a bunch of R* employees who are coming up with ideas as we speak.

Apxidia
  • Apxidia

Apxidia

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:38 AM

QUOTE (Wreak Havoc in Los Santos @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 03:29)

that's my point sir

there you go Rockstar.

Sci-Fi Sandbox game.

WE NEED THAT.

Yeah, it might be cool for R* to take this on...but not with GTA. Space exploration has nothing to do with GTA at all.

YoungChrist
  • YoungChrist

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:39 AM

Op plz go

MikeyBelic
  • MikeyBelic

Head Lad

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:41 AM

QUOTE (Wreak Havoc in Los Santos @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 03:25)
sure you can go scuba diving in the ocean in this game, exploring all features down there, but what about going up straight to the moon?

i wanna go to the Moon rockstar, Mars, Jupiter, Kuiper Belt, and so on and so forth

please but some solid fuel rocket sh*T is this game, i don't want my plane going down because there is not techonology to fly above stratosphere

sorry for the thread, i know is very random, but anyway is better than all this is 5 years old whining about Los Santos size

We will all know if Grand Theft Rocket gets registered one day.

dxbrandon
  • dxbrandon

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:46 AM

Go over dose on some cocaine, you might actually really get to space. Try it out.

OnTopic: More then likely it will....Not happen.

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:48 AM

QUOTE (Apxidia @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 03:38)
Yeah, it might be cool for R* to take this on...but not with GTA.  Space exploration has nothing to do with GTA at all.

R* doesn't only put stuff in GTA just because it has something to do with GTA. A lot of times it just make sense in the world they're trying to create. What's "GTA" about a fully explorable ocean? People went crazy when they heard about yoga in GTA V, but they forget GTA V takes place in LS. Yoga makes perfect sense for fictional LA.

Space is all around us and it's always possible R* will want to do more than just a glorified texture. The more real they make the worlds, they might want to make the "space" around it more real as well. It does make sense. Not because it's a space game, but because nobody else has done it before and it would blow people's mind if you could actually steal a rocket and fly to the moon. '

It would just be cool as f*ck if the moon you see in the game was an actual destination if you wanted it to be.

Apxidia
  • Apxidia

Apxidia

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:09 AM

QUOTE (BlackNoise @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 03:48)
QUOTE (Apxidia @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 03:38)
Yeah, it might be cool for R* to take this on...but not with GTA.  Space exploration has nothing to do with GTA at all.

R* doesn't only put stuff in GTA just because it has something to do with GTA. A lot of times it just make sense in the world they're trying to create. What's "GTA" about a fully explorable ocean? People went crazy when they heard about yoga in GTA V, but they forget GTA V takes place in LS. Yoga makes perfect sense for fictional LA.

Space is all around us and it's always possible R* will want to do more than just a glorified texture. The more real they make the worlds, they might want to make the "space" around it more real as well. It does make sense. Not because it's a space game, but because nobody else has done it before and it would blow people's mind if you could actually steal a rocket and fly to the moon. '

It would just be cool as f*ck if the moon you see in the game was an actual destination if you wanted it to be.

Perhaps you're right, but if you were pulling a heist on a cargo plane flying above LA and the cargo fell in the pacific ocean (near LA) due to something going wrong, you'd probably want to grab some scuba gear and a sub and go get it back if you could. I'm going to space because....I want to purchase moon property? Pull a heist on a satellite?

jfavignano
  • jfavignano

Aviation/Weather Nerd

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:11 AM

Uhh yeah let's blast off into space only to look below at a tiny island surrounded by the gigantic water planet. I don't think so.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:16 AM

GTA games have never had space in them. Even though space exists. How's that for realism, huh? I mean, you want us to stop at gas pumps and waste our valuable time waiting for a gas tank, but no space because apparently that "Doesn't fit in". Next thing you know people will want asking for insurance information but will hate and bitch about monster trucks because they "don't fit in" either.

Apxidia
  • Apxidia

Apxidia

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:20 AM

QUOTE (Racecarlock @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 04:16)
GTA games have never had space in them. Even though space exists. How's that for realism, huh? I mean, you want us to stop at gas pumps and waste our valuable time waiting for a gas tank, but no space because apparently that "Doesn't fit in". Next thing you know people will want asking for insurance information but will hate and bitch about monster trucks because they "don't fit in" either.

I think you'll find that the general consensus on this forum feels the same way about pumping gas, as they do about space for GTA wink.gif

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:21 AM

QUOTE (BlackNoise @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 03:48)

I think it would mainly be a problem of balance. The map goes for a few miles in each direction along Earth, but extends upwards for 238,900 miles to reach the moon? And one wonders how you'd make sure players can only land on a small part of the moon that you can restrict so that you don't have to model the whole damn thing (it's not as big as Earth obviously but the ratio between the size of Earth and the moon is the closest in the solar system, close to fitting the description of a binary planet). So the main reasons will be technical, and it's not an important enough feature that the developers would see a point in overcoming the technical limitations to make it happen.

Obviously this is putting too much thought into it.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:23 AM

QUOTE (Apxidia @ Monday, May 27 2013, 21:20)

I think you'll find that the general consensus on this forum feels the same way about pumping gas, as they do about space for GTA wink.gif

Well then you don't read the threads I do. Seriously, search "Fuel" "Gas" or even "Traffic Laws" or "Traffic Violations" and you'll see enough crazy for a lifetime

southparkmayor
  • southparkmayor

Derp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:25 AM

The most I think we'll see is if you fly too high you lose health because there is not not enough oxygen, or the plane stalls because there is not enough air pressure to create lift.

Los Santos Fire
  • Los Santos Fire

LSFD

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:27 AM

QUOTE (Wreak Havoc in Los Santos @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 03:25)

Apxidia
  • Apxidia

Apxidia

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:27 AM

QUOTE (Racecarlock @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 04:23)

Well then you don't read the threads I do. Seriously, search "Fuel" "Gas" or even "Traffic Laws" or "Traffic Violations" and you'll see enough crazy for a lifetime

I've seen them, and I think you'll agree that the majority feels that this kind of stuff would not be fun. Personally I feel like the people who ask for this kind of stuff are younger people who haven't gotten a chance to experience them irl, so they want to live it through the game. Obviously this doesn't represent the majority of the people who play GTA. I'm not sure how this fits in with space travel though lol. Maybe some people want to be astronauts but can't, so they want to live as one through the game biggrin.gif

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:33 AM

QUOTE (Apxidia @ Monday, May 27 2013, 21:27)
QUOTE (Racecarlock @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 04:23)

I've seen them, and I think you'll agree that the majority feels that this kind of stuff would not be fun. Personally I feel like the people who ask for this kind of stuff are younger people who haven't gotten a chance to experience them irl, so they want to live it through the game. Obviously this doesn't represent the majority of the people who play GTA. I'm not sure how this fits in with space travel though lol. Maybe some people want to be astronauts but can't, so they want to live as one through the game biggrin.gif

We're not as big a majority as you might think. Don't believe me? Read those threads I sent you.

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:42 AM

QUOTE (Apxidia @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 04:09)
I'm going to space because....I want to purchase moon property?  Pull a heist on a satellite?

Diamond Planet Worth $26.9 Nonillion

user posted image

QUOTE (Mr. Darko @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 04:21)
I think it would mainly be a problem of balance. The map goes for a few miles in each direction along Earth, but extends upwards for 238,900 miles to reach the moon? And one wonders how you'd make sure players can only land on a small part of the moon that you can restrict so that you don't have to model the whole damn thing (it's not as big as Earth obviously but the ratio between the size of Earth and the moon is the closest in the solar system, close to fitting the description of a binary planet). So the main reasons will be technical, and it's not an important enough feature that the developers would see a point in overcoming the technical limitations to make it happen.

No, you're not putting enough thought into it. Right now your thought process seems like it's bound by current gen GTA limitations and logic. I'm not talking about a few miles and I'm not talking about restrictions.

I'm talking about giant spheres floating in space. A huge GTA version of what was done in Mario Galaxy. Yes, I said Mario Galaxy. It's hard to imagine GTA that way, but it could happen one day in the future. I remember playing GTA III and I would've never imagined GTA V.

And R* North Head The Benz says...

“Of course at some point we would like to have one big world containing all our cities and let the player fly between them and revisit their favorite areas,” The Benz said. “In that context re-imagining Vice City would be very interesting.”

As the game world get's bigger and bigger, what would it look like as a sphere? How big would it need to be to still appear flat when you're standing on it?

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:50 AM Edited by Mr. Darko, 28 May 2013 - 04:56 AM.

QUOTE (BlackNoise @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 04:42)
No, you're not putting enough thought into it. Right now your thought process seems like it's bound by current gen GTA limitations and logic. I'm not talking about a few miles and I'm not talking about restrictions.

I'm talking about giant spheres floating in space. A huge GTA version of what was done in Mario Galaxy. Yes, I said Mario Galaxy. It's hard to imagine GTA that way, but it could happen one day in the future. I remember playing GTA III and I would've never imagined GTA V.

“Of course at some point we would like to have one big world containing all our cities and let the player fly between them and revisit their favorite areas,” The Benz said. “In that context re-imagining Vice City would be very interesting.”

As the game world get's bigger and bigger, what would it look like as a sphere? How big would it need to be to still appear flat when you're standing on it?

I figured you were talking about GTA V.

Certainly I hope sci-fi games take this direction, being able to fly between planets in real-time with true scale. It'll be a while, though. And I don't really see it happening in GTA, which I think will always retain a certain focus that won't really allow for it (especially since even then it will still be hard enough just to make all of those cities in one game with a decent amount of interiors, etc.). No matter how much hardware or software will eventually allow, there will always be developer limitations in that sense (unless games start relying more and more on procedural generation, but that tends to detract from uniqueness).

R* should just do an awesome space-faring game. They could really do it justice.

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:54 AM

QUOTE (Mr. Darko @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 04:50)

I figured you were talking about GTA V.

No I'm talking about something that will probably never happen. lol.gif

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:55 AM

We can always dream.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:57 AM

Can't we fly any aircraft to the moon?

If you think positive and give all your money to Epsilon, anything is possible, brother. tounge.gif

Dan Houser":

"We have no interest in going into science fiction for the sake of flying cars and laser guns. The best science fiction stories are those that speak about the human condition. So while this idea is very tempting and, by definition, anything’s possible in a videogame, we lack the essential thing for the moment: a good reason."

When the time comes that Rockstar wants to make a socially relevant science fiction game that speaks to the human condition, they could do a GTA-like game in the setting and theme of "Soylent Green." They could even re-use Liberty City.

Apxidia
  • Apxidia

Apxidia

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:13 AM

QUOTE (Apxidia @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 04:09)
I'm going to space because....I want to purchase moon property?  Pull a heist on a satellite?

Diamond Planet Worth $26.9 Nonillion

user posted image

QUOTE (Mr. Darko @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 04:21)

Lmaoo, this actually made me laugh. Well I guess you can enjoy making multiple trips back and forth between earth and bling planet to mine for diamonds and cash them back home.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users