Photo

The Best character

137 replies to this topic
evoluon--720
  • evoluon--720

Left Field

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:41 AM

I'm really excited to play as Trevor and Michael. They both have this "Breaking Bad"
meets "Die Hard" vibe to them.
I will use all 3 protags equally for the story lines sake. I'm sure they all possess fun & unique qualities

TheOnlySargent
  • TheOnlySargent

Crack spider's bitch

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:42 AM

Lies

The best character is that bum with the sign from the first trailer

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:44 AM

Best Character is Fido.

Reliving GTA3 fun in the HD era. Plus now we have motorcycles, planes, and helicopters. And he learned how to swim.

nujee
  • nujee

GTA Jedi- don't screw with the force!!!

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:44 AM

QUOTE (evoluon--720 @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 01:41)
I'm really excited to play as Trevor and Michael. They both have this "Breaking Bad"
meets "Die Hard" vibe to them.
I will use all 3 protags equally for the story lines sake. I'm sure they all possess fun & unique qualities

Ditto.....for me Michael has the best story..............or maybe the best character is chop and weve all had it wrong this entire time....... wow.gif

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:44 AM Edited by BlackNoise, 28 May 2013 - 01:47 AM.

QUOTE (redx165 @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 01:10)
Here's a fact. Franklin was created for all the 12 year olds that wanted CJ back. Franklin was suppose to be Hispanic but they change him to black. He has the same goals as both Niko and CJ. There is nothing NEW about him. I don't understand how someone can just ignore facts about this. Judging by his trailer you see he wants to leave the hood ( Like CJ ) and make something of himself ( Like Niko and CJ )

That's not a fact. Niko wanted to live the "American dream", reunite with his cousin, and track down Florian Cravic. CJ goes back to LS to bury his mom, he then stays to bring GSF back to power because Grove st is his home/family.

So far what we know about Franklin is he's a soon to be or already an ex gangster, he has a job, he's an ambitious hustler, an adrenaline junkie. He even has a dog, which by itself could make him the most unique protagonist. How is that anything like CJ or Niko?

And who said he was supposed to be Hispanic?

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:49 AM

QUOTE (BlackNoise @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 01:44)
Here's a fact. Franklin was created for all the 12 year olds that wanted CJ back. Franklin was suppose to be Hispanic but they change him to black. He has the same goals as both Niko and CJ. There is nothing NEW about him. I don't understand how someone can just ignore facts about this. Judging by his trailer you see he wants to leave the hood ( Like CJ ) and make something of himself ( Like Niko and CJ )

That's not a fact. Niko wanted to live the "American dream", reunite with his cousin, and track down Florian Cravic. CJ goes back to LS to bury his mom, he then stays to bring GSF back to power because Grove st is his home/family.

So far what we know about Franklin is he's a soon to be or already an ex gangster, he has a job, he's an ambitious hustler, an adrenaline junkie. He even has a dog, which by itself could make him the most unique protagonist. How is that anything like CJ or Niko?

Niko wanted a better life. The American Dream. CJ stayed to get his brother's respect back. You could tell he didn't care about the hood when he picked up sweet from the prison. He says there's more about life then the hood just like Franklin said.

Trailer 1 said he was Hispanic.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:50 AM

QUOTE (redx165 @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 02:10)

You know I do agree with this. Franklin is there to appease the San Andreas fans nostalgia. He is like CJ in a lot of ways but that's to be expected considering the fact he's showing the gang life side of Los Santos. Yes CJ has already done that but this is like a trip down memory lane and lets players "catch up" on what is going on in the "hood". I'll be clear he's my least favorite character at the moment because of the "been there, done that" vibe but this doesn't mean I don't like him. His story may be better than I expect it to be.

evoluon--720
  • evoluon--720

Left Field

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:53 AM

I can see Franklin completely leaving the gang lifestyle midway thru the game
One of his homies are going to get killed and/or locked up. And unlike what the average GTA protagonist he wont fight for redemption, his eyes will open and he will leave gang life behind. Even if that means old friends will become enemies...

He'd be a dumbass to still be gangbanging after pulling bank heist..but who knows..
Franklin seems a lot more mature/intelligent than previous gta protagonist. CJ wasn't a complete idiot but but he did fall for peer pressure. He got pushed around 85% of the time. An easily manipulated soul he was..

Franklins gonna be the true up n coming entrepreneur

Grove Street Heat
  • Grove Street Heat

Swag Daddy

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:03 AM Edited by Grove Street Heat, 28 May 2013 - 02:08 AM.

QUOTE (redx165 @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 01:40)
I'm exposing the fools on here today. Right now you're one of the few I'm dealing with. [/color]

But The Thing is you're Dealing wit a Troll who dosen't Care about your opinion at all and get a life if you seriously wanna take time outta ur day to " deal " with People online

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:07 AM

QUOTE (Grove Street Heat @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 02:03)
QUOTE (redx165 @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 01:40)
I'm exposing the fools on here today. Right now you're one of the few I'm dealing with. [/color]

But The Thing is you're Dealing wit a Troll who dosen't Care about your opinion at all and get a life if you seriously wanna take time outta ur deal to " deal " with People online

Telling me to get a life but you spend your time on a computer to make someone mad is just pathetic I think its you that needs a life.

Am I making the troll mad? How does that make you feel?
monocle.gif

Grove Street Heat
  • Grove Street Heat

Swag Daddy

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:09 AM

QUOTE (redx165 @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 02:07)

Telling me to get a life but you spend your time on a computer to make someone mad is just pathetic I think its you that needs a life.

monocle.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
FAIL .

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:10 AM

QUOTE (redx165 @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 01:49)
QUOTE (BlackNoise @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 01:44)

Niko wanted a better life. The American Dream. CJ stayed to get his brother's respect back. You could tell he didn't care about the hood when he picked up sweet from the prison. He says there's more about life then the hood just like Franklin said.

Trailer 1 said he was Hispanic.

You could tell CJ did care about the hood when he made it his goal to fight for them throughout the game. Franklin isn't just saying he wants to leave the gang life, it's a fact that he does, because we already know what Franklin goes on to do with Michael and Trevor. CJ probably didn't want the gang life, but it was in his blood and he stayed with GSF.

Niko wanted the American Dream, but he was nowhere near as ambitious as Franklin, which is why GTA IV s a "rags to slightly better rags" story. Franklin will make millions in GTA V.

Trailer 1 didn't say he was Hispanic. You just won't admit you were wrong. A bunch of us knew he was black the entire time. Just go back and read those posts if you want.

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:10 AM Edited by redx165, 28 May 2013 - 02:16 AM.

QUOTE (Grove Street Heat @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 02:09)
QUOTE (redx165 @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 02:07)

monocle.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
FAIL .

I wouldn't say its a fail cause judging by the last post I made you a little upset.

I don't want to double post: BlackNoise CJ still wanted to leave but went back cause he already had everything and if he didn't then his brother would lose all respect for him. Niko was a immigrant to liberty city so he doesn't know as much. While Franklin knows more about the country and gets help from Michael unlike Niko in which hes just a henchman.

Trailer 1 - He looks Hispanic and gtaghost use to post about that alot.

Grove Street Heat
  • Grove Street Heat

Swag Daddy

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:12 AM

QUOTE (redx165 @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 02:10)

I wouldn't say its a fail cause judging by the last post I made you a little upset.

You are a funny guy u didn't even tickle my emotions so i am far from mad

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:25 AM

@ redx165

I'm Black, and I'll tell you this, I badly wanted a Hispanic protagonist in GTA V, I wanna see Chicano gangs and Mexican cartels in this game. Ask anyone on here who remembers, I was adamant the guy in the red car was "the Hispanic guy" before the reveals and previews. As we all know this turned out not to be the case, to the disappointment of some of us including myself.

But you are being very silly right now, because Franklin was not created for 12 years olds who are nostalgic about CJ. And there is no real proof that Franklin was ever supposed to be Hispanic. I know you wanted a Hispanic protagonist in place of Franklin, but you don't need to be hating with comments like that. Franklin was never meant to be 'another CJ', not at all. I don't think Rockstar are that naive and shallow to create Franklin for those wanted CJ back, that just sounds implausible and extremely unlikely, and it sounds dumb. Rockstar stated that they wanted to portray a protagonist as "a gangbanger in a post-gangbangin' world", which of course happens to be Franklin. One of the 3 protagonists had to have some kind of connection to street gangs, Los Santos is based on Los Angeles, it would very stupid and suicidal not to do this, LA's criminal underworld is centered mostly on gangs. I'm sorry but that is the way it is.

If anything, I personally think Trevor was 'a waste' of a protagonist. There should have been a Hispanic character in his place, a guy with ties to Mexican drug cartels and Chicano gangs. That would have been much better, a White, Black and Hispanic trio of protagonists. Trevor would have been better suited a non-playable major character in the game, I just don't think he should have been a protagonist.

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:46 AM

I've no clue who the "best" character is. However, I do have a favorite, and that's Franklin.

DeadZombie
  • DeadZombie

Sons Of Ditka - Leader

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:47 AM

QUOTE (Grove Street Heat @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 01:06)
QUOTE (DeadZombie @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 01:03)

I don't consider him a Cj. But a middle newbie to professional crime. His struggle isn't that he's stuck doing the things he's doing until he meets mike. But that his old life is hard to let to because he doesent wanna give up on the people that grind it out in the hood. I think he is a essiential piece to the story. Between 3 old guys it would be kind of lame.

Mike comes from the high end society.

Trevor comes from the desert hill meth biker gang riddled county

Franklin comes from the slinging dope and street gang hood area

Best of three worlds that is GTA V

This . icon14.gif

Oh yeah I figured that after playing a dozen of these gta games that characters want to stay poor and remain in poverty. sarcasm.gif

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:32 AM

QUOTE (Official General @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 02:25)

@ redx165

I'm Black, and I'll tell you this, I badly wanted a Hispanic protagonist in GTA V, I wanna see Chicano gangs and Mexican cartels in this game. Ask anyone on here who remembers, I was adamant the guy in the red car was "the Hispanic guy" before the reveals and previews. As we all know this turned out not to be the case, to the disappointment of some of us including myself.

But you are being very silly right now, because Franklin was not created for 12 years olds who are nostalgic about CJ. And there is no real proof that Franklin was ever supposed to be Hispanic. I know you wanted a Hispanic protagonist in place of Franklin, but you don't need to be hating with comments like that. Franklin was never meant to be 'another CJ', not at all. I don't think Rockstar are that naive and shallow to create Franklin for those wanted CJ back, that just sounds implausible and extremely unlikely, and it sounds dumb. Rockstar stated that they wanted to portray a protagonist as "a gangbanger in a post-gangbangin' world", which of course happens to be Franklin. One of the 3 protagonists had to have some kind of connection to street gangs, Los Santos is based on Los Angeles, it would very stupid and suicidal not to do this, LA's criminal underworld is centered mostly on gangs. I'm sorry but that is the way it is.

If anything, I personally think Trevor was 'a waste' of a protagonist. There should have been a Hispanic character in his place, a guy with ties to Mexican drug cartels and Chicano gangs. That would have been much better, a White, Black and Hispanic trio of protagonists. Trevor would have been better suited a non-playable major character in the game, I just don't think he should have been a protagonist.

I was happy to have one of the protagonists a Hispanic guy. Would be the first one.

Remember when some people were dead set on Alberto DeSilva?

Good times.

Grove Street Heat
  • Grove Street Heat

Swag Daddy

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:33 AM

FRANKLIN IS STILL THE BEST inlove.gif

growsinwater
  • growsinwater

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:55 AM

QUOTE (GlitzyTomb @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 03:32)

@ redx165

I was happy to have one of the protagonists a Hispanic guy. Would be the first one.

Good times.

Luis Lopez is Hispanic.

Franklin is my favorite easily.

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:03 AM

@ redx165

I don't know much about LA but I heard there is more Hispanic gangs then black gangs? If not why does Franklin have to be with Grove Street? I much rather see him on the Ballas side and tell a whole new story. I honestly feel the same about Trevor. He really doesn't interest me at all.

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:11 AM

QUOTE (growsinwater @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 03:55)
QUOTE (GlitzyTomb @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 03:32)

@ redx165

Good times.

Luis Lopez is Hispanic.

Franklin is my favorite easily.

Yeah but that was a DLC. I don't count it personally.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:25 AM

QUOTE (redx165 @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 04:03)

@ redx165

I don't know much about LA but I heard there is more Hispanic gangs then black gangs? If not why does Franklin have to be with Grove Street? I much rather see him on the Ballas side and tell a whole new story. I honestly feel the same about Trevor. He really doesn't interest me at all.

Hispanic gangs are probably more now outnumber Black gangs in LA, but that is because the general Hispanic population is now much larger than the Black population in the area. However Black gangs still have a very large and influential presence in certain parts of LA, that still has not changed changed - the many different sets of Bloods and Crips are still very much active, alive and well to this day.

Well yeah, that is good and interesting idea you suggested. Franklin could have been made a Balla, that would have been great to see actually.

I'm happy with Franklin and Michael, but I'm just not pleased that Rockstar could have left out a Hispanic protagonist.

Arran B
  • Arran B

The '80s enthusiast.

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:50 AM

QUOTE (Nameless Foot Soldier @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 00:29)
QUOTE (bwasroy @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 00:25)
Ron will be the most amusing character. It's never the central characters in Rockstar Games that are great (Except for CJ), it's the secondary ones. Also, the publicist should be pretty funny. And I'm expecting good things from Jimmy's storyline.

Expect for Niko you mean as well.

Ahem.. TOMMY VERCETTI.

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:55 AM

QUOTE (Arran B @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 07:50)
QUOTE (Nameless Foot Soldier @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 00:29)
QUOTE (bwasroy @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 00:25)
Ron will be the most amusing character. It's never the central characters in Rockstar Games that are great (Except for CJ), it's the secondary ones. Also, the publicist should be pretty funny. And I'm expecting good things from Jimmy's storyline.

Expect for Niko you mean as well.

Ahem.. TOMMY VERCETTI.

Exactly this. Tommy V was the best IMO.

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:02 AM

Trevor Is by far the best. the only reason franklins trailer has the most views is because the song goes so good with his trailer, which is epic.

davegrimes96
  • davegrimes96

One man army

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:05 AM

@ redx165

the reason Franklin is in the grove street families gang because of events in san andreas, so it would be stupid for him to be in the rollin with the ballas. but rockstar have done something similar with Trevor because he and the Lost MC are at war which i don't really understand i'd rather it would have be the AOD, i really liked the lost in TLAD

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:08 AM

QUOTE (davegrimes96 @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 08:05)

@ redx165

the reason Franklin is in the grove street families gang because of events in san andreas, so it would be stupid for him to be in the rollin with the ballas. but rockstar have done something similar with Trevor because he and the Lost MC are at war which i don't really understand i'd rather it would have be the AOD, i really liked the lost in TLAD

Why would it be stupid for him to "roll with the ballas" exactly?

davegrimes96
  • davegrimes96

One man army

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:13 AM

QUOTE (simonp92 @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 08:08)
QUOTE (davegrimes96 @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 08:05)

@ redx165

Why would it be stupid for him to "roll with the ballas" exactly?

because the ballas were are main rival in san andreas

Bonfy
  • Bonfy

Friendly Neighborhood Super-Mario

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:22 AM

QUOTE (Grove Street Heat @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 02:05)
The best Character is Franklin biggrin.gif

TL;DR

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users