Photo

The Best character

137 replies to this topic
Grove Street Heat
  • Grove Street Heat

Swag Daddy

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:55 AM

QUOTE (bwasroy @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 00:52)
QUOTE (Grove Street Heat @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 00:41)
QUOTE (bwasroy @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 00:37)
QUOTE (Grove Street Heat @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 00:26)
Nope Franklin is a brand new type of protag gta games have NEVER SEEN bro we had too many " trevor's " in san andreas .

Franklin is a black guy from the ghetto whose job is illegal and a little bit above the others there. He grows dissatisfied with his position and tries to transcend the ghetto. He has several friends who are equally dissatisfied with things. He sets out on a quest to improve his life standing. He is essentially a carbon copy of CJ so far. There is absolutely no indication that he is "a brand new type of protagonist". He might turn out to be, but this claim makes absolutely no sense and is grounded in nothing at the moment. Sorry, man! (I still like him though.)

Sorry my friend but cj and franklin are NOT the same at all They Both Had Different motives Franklin has a legit job as a repo man and from the beginng has plans of rising cj had no ambition what so ever he only wanted to prove his loyalty to GSF and happen to do stuff as it went . the only thing that is the same is they are black and in gangs and from LS ..

Franklin steals cars in his repo job. Last I checked, that was illegal.

The way you've written it, CJ had no motivation. That's just not correct. Maybe he had a smaller or more limited motivation than Franklin, but CJ definitely wanted to improve his neighborhood from the beginning.

On a larger more troubling scale, even if this separation that does not exist somehow is true your argument still makes no sense. Even if the dividing line between CJ and Franklin is that Franklin wants to rise to the top then that essentially means he has the same motivation as Niko. There is not anything new about Franklin that we know so far. Other than, he has a dog. That's new.

Maybe you should revise your argument to "Franklin is the best protagonist in the GTA and one that has never been explored previously because he has a dog". I would have a much easier time supporting that as your argument mostly because it would be correct.

Sorry, man.

Franklin is the best character FACE IT He would not have been created for this game if he was Honestly a " cj " stop the hate .

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:59 AM

QUOTE (Grove Street Heat @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 00:55)
Nope Franklin is a brand new type of protag gta games have NEVER SEEN bro we had too many " trevor's " in san andreas .

Franklin is a black guy from the ghetto whose job is illegal and a little bit above the others there. He grows dissatisfied with his position and tries to transcend the ghetto. He has several friends who are equally dissatisfied with things. He sets out on a quest to improve his life standing. He is essentially a carbon copy of CJ so far. There is absolutely no indication that he is "a brand new type of protagonist". He might turn out to be, but this claim makes absolutely no sense and is grounded in nothing at the moment. Sorry, man! (I still like him though.)

Sorry my friend but cj and franklin are NOT the same at all They Both Had Different motives Franklin has a legit job as a repo man and from the beginng has plans of rising cj had no ambition what so ever he only wanted to prove his loyalty to GSF and happen to do stuff as it went . the only thing that is the same is they are black and in gangs and from LS ..

The way you've written it, CJ had no motivation. That's just not correct. Maybe he had a smaller or more limited motivation than Franklin, but CJ definitely wanted to improve his neighborhood from the beginning.

On a larger more troubling scale, even if this separation that does not exist somehow is true your argument still makes no sense. Even if the dividing line between CJ and Franklin is that Franklin wants to rise to the top then that essentially means he has the same motivation as Niko. There is not anything new about Franklin that we know so far. Other than, he has a dog. That's new.

Maybe you should revise your argument to "Franklin is the best protagonist in the GTA and one that has never been explored previously because he has a dog". I would have a much easier time supporting that as your argument mostly because it would be correct.

Sorry, man.

Franklin is the best character FACE IT He would not have been created for this game if he was Honestly a " cj " stop the hate .

He was created for the people that wanted CJ. Face it he's the same as past protagonists.

bwasroy
  • bwasroy

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:00 AM

Sorry, man.

See, but the thing is I'm not hating, I said "Franklin is essentially a carbon copy of CJ so far. There is absolutely no indication that he is 'a brand new type of protagonist'. He might turn out to be..." I was noticing the similarities and showing that the claim Franklin is a brand new type of character is flat out wrong. I still like Franklin, and think he could turn out to be very deep. He's just working off a template we've already seen.

Grove Street Heat
  • Grove Street Heat

Swag Daddy

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:02 AM

Sorry, man.

Nope. He serves a unknown Purpose and you can't accept it . sneaky2.gif sneaky2.gif

DeadZombie
  • DeadZombie

Sons Of Ditka - Leader

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:03 AM

Sorry, man.

I don't consider him a Cj. But a middle newbie to professional crime. His struggle isn't that he's stuck doing the things he's doing until he meets mike. But that his old life is hard to let to because he doesent wanna give up on the people that grind it out in the hood. I think he is a essiential piece to the story. Between 3 old guys it would be kind of lame.

Mike comes from the high end society.

Trevor comes from the desert hill meth biker gang riddled county

Franklin comes from the slinging dope and street gang hood area

Best of three worlds that is GTA V

Grove Street Heat
  • Grove Street Heat

Swag Daddy

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:06 AM

QUOTE (DeadZombie @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 01:03)

I don't consider him a Cj. But a middle newbie to professional crime. His struggle isn't that he's stuck doing the things he's doing until he meets mike. But that his old life is hard to let to because he doesent wanna give up on the people that grind it out in the hood. I think he is a essiential piece to the story. Between 3 old guys it would be kind of lame.

This . icon14.gif

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:08 AM

It's hard to call any one of the three "best" at this stage. Try using the word favourite.

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:09 AM

Agreed Dead Zombie.

Franklin may thus far seem to fall into the same gang banger archetype as CJ, but that's largely because so little is known about him.

Even if he was, at this point, literally a CJ Clone it wouldn't particularly matter because he clearly has a hugely different story and there is plenty of time for character development.

Korisselys
  • Korisselys

Homie

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:09 AM

Chop, that is all.

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:10 AM

QUOTE (Grove Street Heat @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 01:06)

This . icon14.gif

Here's a fact. Franklin was created for all the 12 year olds that wanted CJ back. Franklin was suppose to be Hispanic but they change him to black. He has the same goals as both Niko and CJ. There is nothing NEW about him. I don't understand how someone can just ignore facts about this. Judging by his trailer you see he wants to leave the hood ( Like CJ ) and make something of himself ( Like Niko and CJ )

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:14 AM

That's the grand GTA theme though.

Damn near all the characters are out to better their lives.

What fun would it be if they weren't? You wouldn't be out making money and new friends.

You'd just be sitting around on a forum posting....

Ah hell.

Neckbeard
  • Neckbeard

who?

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:15 AM

QUOTE (redx165 @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 01:10)
Here's a fact.

Stop lying

Grove Street Heat
  • Grove Street Heat

Swag Daddy

• Members

Here's a fact. Franklin was created for all the 12 year olds that wanted CJ back. Franklin was suppose to be Hispanic but they change him to black. He has the same goals as both Niko and CJ. There is nothing NEW about him. I don't understand how someone can just ignore facts about this. Judging by his trailer you see he wants to leave the hood ( Like CJ ) and make something of himself ( Like Niko and CJ )

Nope. Franklin is the best

bwasroy
  • bwasroy

Square Civilian

• Members

QUOTE (Grove Street Heat @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 01:06)

This . icon14.gif

redx165=wise man

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:17 AM

QUOTE (Grove Street Heat @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 01:15)

Nope. Franklin is the best

If you're not coming up with nothing constructive then don't reply cause it seems you only like Franklin cause he reminds you of CJ. Franklin is the worst of the three. Nothing new about him.

Guilty as Sin
  • Guilty as Sin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:19 AM

I'll decide after I play the game.

Grove Street Heat
  • Grove Street Heat

Swag Daddy

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:20 AM

QUOTE (redx165 @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 01:17)

If you're not coming up with nothing constructive then don't reply cause it seems you only like Franklin cause he reminds you of CJ. Franklin is the worst of the three. Nothing new about him.

Get off MY thread then. you hate Franklin for other reasons rather than him not being " new "

bwasroy
  • bwasroy

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:24 AM

There is a middle ground here.

Franklin supporters, stop being all butt hurt that he has things in common with CJ. He does have similarities. He is not a groundbreaking character. At least, not yet.

Franklin detractors, all we're going off of is a few trailers and some pictures. He could have a really good storyline. We just don't know the character yet.

Now, let's all get along and be friends.

End of sermon. Have some cookies. cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

Grove Street Heat
  • Grove Street Heat

Swag Daddy

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:24 AM

FRANKLIN is the best character as of NOW according to recent polls tounge2.gif

Grove Street Heat
  • Grove Street Heat

Swag Daddy

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:26 AM

QUOTE (bwasroy @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 01:24)

Franklin supporters, stop being all butt hurt that he has things in common with CJ. He does have similarities. He is not a groundbreaking character. At least, not yet.

Franklin detractors, all we're going off of is a few trailers and some pictures. He could have a really good storyline. We just don't know the character yet.

End of sermon. Have some cookies. cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

i agree with you ball sack .

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:28 AM

QUOTE (Grove Street Heat @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 01:20)
QUOTE (redx165 @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 01:17)

Get off MY thread then. you hate Franklin for other reasons rather than him not being " new "

I can base it off of polls too. I'm not going to waste my time finding them but if you want be my guess. Why I don't like Franklin as much. Well he reminds me of CJ too much. His friends from the look of it are in Grove Street. He seems like he helps them out. He has the same goals as other protagonists from past games. The only thing I like about him is that he has chop. That's it.

bwasroy
  • bwasroy

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:28 AM

QUOTE (Grove Street Heat @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 01:26)
QUOTE (bwasroy @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 01:24)

End of sermon. Have some cookies.  cookie.gif   cookie.gif   cookie.gif   cookie.gif   cookie.gif   cookie.gif   cookie.gif   cookie.gif   cookie.gif

i agree with you ball sack .

so glad you do, anus tart

Grove Street Heat
  • Grove Street Heat

Swag Daddy

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:30 AM

QUOTE (redx165 @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 01:28)

I can base it off of polls too. I'm not going to waste my time finding them but if you want be my guess. Why I don't like Franklin as much. Well he reminds me of CJ too much. His friends from the look of it are in Grove Street. He seems like he helps them out. He has the same goals as other protagonists from past games. The only thing I like about him is that he has chop. That's it.

ok. Now Get off my thread and my JOHNSON and it's FAMILIES Not Groove you silly billy cool.gif

Revolution-XW
  • Revolution-XW

LuisWayne

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:33 AM

QUOTE (wwinterj @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 00:23)
QUOTE (Thamuz @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 01:22)
QUOTE (Grove Street Heat @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 00:05)
The best Character is Franklin  biggrin.gif

Nah it's Trevor. biggrin.gif

Screw you guys! The multiplayer character is the best! orly.gif

This. icon14.gif icon14.gif

I agree, OP, at least for me too.

Grove Street Heat
  • Grove Street Heat

Swag Daddy

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:35 AM

QUOTE (Revolution-XW @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 01:33)

I agree, OP, at least for me too.

biggrin.gif

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:36 AM

QUOTE (Grove Street Heat @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 01:30)
QUOTE (redx165 @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 01:28)

ok. Now Get off my thread and my JOHNSON and it's FAMILIES Not Groove you silly billy cool.gif

Telling me to leave will not make me leave

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:36 AM

Let's steal this thread.

I can't wait to start unlocking stuff for my multiplayer avatar.

I hope I can go about in a grey suit with the smoking monkey head mask. Give me a pork pie hat on top of the mask and I am set.

Mischievous Monkey going around on a Motorcycle throwing Remote Explosives on people.

Possibly also beating peds to death with a bat.

Grove Street Heat
  • Grove Street Heat

Swag Daddy

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:38 AM

QUOTE (redx165 @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 01:36)

You receive No cool points for trying to be rebellious

greenrock
  • greenrock

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:39 AM

you must be a kid if you think Michael is old

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:40 AM

QUOTE (Grove Street Heat @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 01:38)
QUOTE (redx165 @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 01:36)

You receive No cool points for trying to be rebellious

Who said I'm rebellious? I'm exposing the fools on here today. Right now you're one of the few I'm dealing with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users