Quantcast

» «
Photo

Destiny

1,649 replies to this topic

Poll: Which class will you choose? (107 member(s) have cast votes)

Which class will you choose?

1. Titan (29 votes [27.10%])

Percentage of vote: 27.10%

2. Warlock (24 votes [22.43%])

Percentage of vote: 22.43%

3. Hunter (54 votes [50.47%])

Percentage of vote: 50.47%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

\_(ツ)_/

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 09 June 2016 - 05:41 AM Edited by Sir Michael, 09 June 2016 - 05:48 AM.

Bungie accidentally leaked details about the new "Rise of Iron" expansion, which is coming out September 20.

Some small details. Source: http://www.gameinfor...ne-and-ps4.aspx

EDIT: One more detail from the article, they're cutting off ties with Last-Gen.

Even more information has emerged via the Singapore version of the Xbox.com website. Rise of Iron will require both the Destiny base game and The Taken King expansions in order to play.

Further, the add-on will broaden the explorable territory on Earth in Old Russia. Players will visit a zone called The Plaguelands with Lord Saladin, the character who runs the occasional Iron Banner tournaments. 

Here's the full list of items included in the Xbox.com listing:

• New Story Campaign & Quests
  • New Armor and Gear
  • New Weapons
  • New Raid
  • Maximum Light Increase
  • New Strike
  • New Plaguelands Zone & Social Space
  • New Crucible Mode & Maps
  • New Enemy Faction and Bosses

Nerding out: Old Russia.. the only enemies there are Fallen (and Hive, but they're most likely irrelevant now that Oryx is dead), so it's safe to assume that this DLC is going to be Fallen-themed, but we'll see more details tomorrow during the Livestream. Honestly, I've always wanted a Fallen Raid ever since House of Wolves. Their bosses are pretty intimidating compared to every other faction; I had more problems with Skolas than I ever did with Crota, plus their Captain-like bosses (Skolas and Archon Priest anyway) are the only bosses in the game that actively chase us, even if they take their sweet ass time doing so.

Although I rarely play Destiny anymore, this DLC might just give me that spark to play it again. Despite all of the rebalancing with the guns in the Crucible and the rather tedious grind, this is still a really fun game to play. I just like the shooting mechanics way too much to give it up. :p

stokiekris
  • stokiekris

Thug

• Members

Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:50 AM Edited by stokiekris, 09 June 2016 - 11:06 AM.

Yippie kayak other buckets!!! Gally mutha f*cker I would pay however much the dlc costs just for the year 3 gjallahorn

Maxxi
  • Maxxi

Helmut's European Autos Official Photographer

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-States

Posted 09 June 2016 - 04:16 PM

Yippie kayak other buckets!!! Gally mutha f*cker I would pay however much the dlc costs just for the year 3 gjallahorn

Gotta preorder for the Iron Gjallarhorn, but I'll wait until it's officially available for preorder to make sure I get it.

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

\_(ツ)_/

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:09 AM

If they're releasing that as a Pre-Order bonus, this DLC might have some crazy heavies. I just hope the exotic swords and the Sleeper Simulant carry over to Year 3.. nothing felt more satisfying than slicing people up in the Crucible, or straight melting them with a pocket Death Star. :p

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 11 June 2016 - 07:56 AM Edited by Johan, 11 June 2016 - 07:56 AM.

The trailer sold me.

I even managed to get some of my old crew mates to get on last night and we did Prison of Elders (first time I've ever done it since year 1) and it was a blast; the Nightfall also took us about an hour; though most of it was spent afk eating our dinner or just joking around before getting serious.

I actually missed this game, not going to pre-order the new DLC any time soon but I'm glad that the features are heading in a great direction to start off Year 3.

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

\_(ツ)_/

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:48 PM Edited by Sir Michael, 21 June 2016 - 12:50 AM.

I'm gonna start playing this more again. The past update really touched on some problems I had with Destiny for a while. Subclasses got rebalanced again, buffing Nova Bomb, Fist of Havoc, and Golden Gun all around overall both for Crucible and PvE; they're actually stupid strong now. Shadestep and Twilight Garrison got nerfed so you can only use them once in a 3-second span. That perk Viking Funeral doesn't make it so a Sunsinger's firebolt grenade roasts you for 10 seconds anymore but instead grants the enemy a knockoff Weapons of Light on anybody the grenade hit (if that makes sense). It was a fairly big update.

Oh, and Iron Banner starts tomorrow if anybody cares. It's Clash.

I finally got the New Monarchy exotic mark for my Titan. I don't care if it doesn't have any perks, it just looks nice. :p

JFtHPGF.png

Edit: I thought it was reset.. my B. ):

• Johan likes this

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 21 June 2016 - 12:30 AM

I should considering playing it too, after I made my last comment I stopped playing for some reason and stopped messaging my friends about organizing a raid or meetup.

I'll check what Ironbanner has to offer this month; if it's anything interesting I'll actively play for the next few days since I might start working as early as next week.

If not I'll stick to PoE and raids, I'm also still working on my monarchy mark but I'm only on rank 15 lol 

Maxxi
  • Maxxi

• United-States

Posted 22 June 2016 - 05:37 AM

I should considering playing it too, after I made my last comment I stopped playing for some reason and stopped messaging my friends about organizing a raid or meetup.

I'll check what Ironbanner has to offer this month; if it's anything interesting I'll actively play for the next few days since I might start working as early as next week.

If not I'll stick to PoE and raids, I'm also still working on my monarchy mark but I'm only on rank 15 lol 

Iron Banner was canceled due to servers causing issues in networking. Issues include players not being fully registered in crucible games and only being able to deal 2 damage to anyone, regardless of what you're using.

• Johan likes this

stokiekris
  • stokiekris

Thug

• Members

Posted 26 June 2016 - 08:49 AM

God I hate the calcified fragments, stuck at 44/50. And does anyone else find kings fall boring, give me VoG anyday over kings fall

LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Hustler

• Members

Posted 26 June 2016 - 04:33 PM

ppl still play this game? wow

• Fuzzknuckles likes this

stokiekris
  • stokiekris

Thug

• Members

Posted 26 June 2016 - 07:16 PM

People still play GTAO? Each to there own

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

\_(ツ)_/

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2016 - 07:49 AM Edited by Sir Michael, 27 June 2016 - 07:50 AM.

2 years later and it still has a bigger population than Division... and an actually fun PvP.  :p

@stokie, You're getting the fragments from the Court of Oryx, right? There's a few sites online that track which fragments you found. It gets kind of fuzzy if you collected them on various characters though since they track it across your entire account.. something about using the Grimoire as a means of tracking?

https://destinycalcifiedfragments.com/

stokiekris
  • stokiekris

Thug

• Members

Posted 27 June 2016 - 09:21 AM

2 years later and it still has a bigger population than Division... and an actually fun PvP.  :p

@stokie, You're getting the fragments from the Court of Oryx, right? There's a few sites online that track which fragments you found. It gets kind of fuzzy if you collected them on various characters though since they track it across your entire account.. something about using the Grimoire as a means of tracking?

yeah I'm missing 1 t2 CoO 2 t3 CoO, golgoroth, oryx and nightfall

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 27 June 2016 - 10:15 AM

I was just about to ask the same thing. 

When will the results of this experiment, the Bungie experiment on how much sh*t people will put up with in the name of epic loot, be published?

stokiekris
  • stokiekris

Thug

• Members

Posted 27 June 2016 - 11:54 AM

I was just about to ask the same thing. 

When will the results of this experiment, the Bungie experiment on how much sh*t people will put up with in the name of epic loot, be published?
just look at at games like world of Warcraft, the division, elder scrolls online they are all the same sort of idea, long drawn out quests/mission/raids etc all for a chance at better gear.

Look how many people play these games each day. These types of games are very popular, and people will continue to play them, just as people will still play games like Gta

Maxxi
  • Maxxi

• United-States

Posted 30 June 2016 - 12:07 AM

Destiny stands above the Division in literally every single way. The way Massive and Ubisoft treat the community is borderline assanine. I heard no info on their expansion being released if it weren't for the direct message to me from Xbox Live itself. 

On the subject of Calcified Fragments, I only need 1 more fragment and I'm all set. Just waiting for Golgoroth Challenge Mode to be active (it might be now, I don't know yet). Only beat King's Fall Heroic the other night recently, and got the Oryx fragment during that for Challenge Mode. The group we were playing with were competing with their friends on who could complete it first, and not only did we get through it first, they were teaching me the Hard mode changes along the way since I've never done Hard mode before that.

stokiekris
  • stokiekris

Thug

• Members

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:46 AM

Got 45 now just need to do the strike for touch of malice

Maxxi
  • Maxxi

• United-States

Posted 30 June 2016 - 08:16 PM

Got 45 now just need to do the strike for touch of malice

The strike, and also kill the Taken Wizard during that mission where you return to Phobos (quest version of Fear's Embrace).

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

\_(ツ)_/

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:26 PM Edited by Sir Michael, 30 June 2016 - 09:29 PM.

Fear's Embrace was hard as f*ck.. I remember running that for the first time, I was struggling to stay alive throughout that chaos. I don't know how hard it'll be at 334-335, but I'm willing to bet it's still tough.

So Bungie... f*ck you for continuously hand cannons. The Last Word is the most relevant one to use right now unless you have a really good roll on an Eyasluna, Lord High Fixer, Finnala's Peril, or the Imago Loop, but even then they're still inconsistent. All of these range nerfs nade the hand cannons have severe damage dropoff, now they feel like sidearms... they can't even compete at mid-range anymore. Then they're not even as accurate as they used to be since these nerfing range affects their accuracy for some stupid reason, so your bullets might not even register at all despite your crosshairs clearly being on your enemy. They blanket-nerfed hand cannons because the Exotics were too overpowered (Last Word, Thorn, Hawkmoon) yet the Legendaries never had a problem at all, but they still nerfed them to the f*cking ground!! I never heard anybody crying nerf for Legendary HC's because they were always the most balanced weapons, even at launch. :panic:

Legendary hand cannons are the hardest primaries to use, people who are skilled with them should be rewarded instead of jipped because of the nerfs... I miss the days where I can go on mean killstreaks with Legendary HC's like Jewel of Osiris, knowing my shots were going to hit somebody. *sigh*

Maxxi
  • Maxxi

• United-States

Posted 01 July 2016 - 01:59 AM

I hate Fear's Embrace. 

On the subject of weapon balancing, I really hope they nerf the usage of snipers in the Crucible, or buff Fusion Rifles/Shotguns/Sidearms so they are competitive. I'm f*cking tired of these pussy mode kids who think they're good because they can sit away from a fight and shoot across the map to kill someone that isn't even focused on them.

• Sir Michael likes this

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

\_(ツ)_/

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2016 - 06:33 PM

It didn't help that they kept on nerfing primaries either. Now people just camp with long range guns on every map.. just this morning I was playing Twilight Gap, one of the smallest maps in the game, and the other team was camping with scouts and snipers down every alleyway! It's getting annoying, Iron Banner was a nightmare to get to Rank 5 this time around. I honestly find more rushers in Battlefield 4 than I do in Destiny nowadays.

Maxxi
  • Maxxi

• United-States

Posted 01 July 2016 - 09:46 PM

It didn't help that they kept on nerfing primaries either. Now people just camp with long range guns on every map.. just this morning I was playing Twilight Gap, one of the smallest maps in the game, and the other team was camping with scouts and snipers down every alleyway! It's getting annoying, Iron Banner was a nightmare to get to Rank 5 this time around. I honestly find more rushers in Battlefield 4 than I do in Destiny nowadays.

I wish we could go back to the old days when Felwinter's Lie was still good. Shotgun blinkers were easier to deal with than the camping fags the game is infested with today. Nobody has the balls to move more than 10 feet anymore.

stokiekris
  • stokiekris

Thug

• Members

Posted A week ago

No hype for rise of iron ?

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted A week ago

I really REALLY, don't want to miss out on my Year 2 Emblem.. missed Year 1 because I just couldn't beat Skolas at all since I've never tried it until the emblem requirements were revealed.

As for Rise of Iron; it looks alright, just going to purchase the DLC without actually reading much into it or knowing what's new aside from the new Raid.

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

\_(ツ)_/

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Sir Michael, A week ago.

Some of those Year 2 Triumphs are so tedious, much worse than Year 1; getting an Exotic sword, the Crucible quest, and finding all 50 Calcified Fragments were the f*cking worst. I got the sword and the Crucible questline finished early on, but the Calcified Fragments took forever...

At least one of those Triumphs didn't involve Chaperone. Took me two days just to get the Last Word part finished. F*ckers just had to keep on nerfing hand cannons after Taken King came out... they better fix them when Rise of Iron comes out. We're at a severe disadvantage using them in the Crucible nowadays.

Fireboy769
  • Fireboy769

Remember: If all else fails, use a Molotov Cocktail

• WMCC
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Some of those Year 2 Triumphs are so tedious, much worse than Year 1; getting an Exotic sword, the Crucible quest, and finding all 50 Calcified Fragments were the f*cking worst. I got the sword and the Crucible questline finished early on, but the Calcified Fragments took forever...

At least one of those Triumphs didn't involve Chaperone. Took me two days just to get the Last Word part finished. F*ckers just had to keep on nerfing hand cannons after Taken King came out... they better fix them when Rise of Iron comes out. We're at a severe disadvantage using them in the Crucible nowadays.

Half of the bullets I see hit the person I'm shooting at (using Hawkmoon and Last Word) yet for some reason, the game thinks I missed all my shots. Cue shotgun to the face. Oh the rage. If you could also use The First Curse I would be done in less than 25 minutes.
  • Sir Michael likes this

stokiekris
  • stokiekris

Thug

• Members

Posted 6 days ago

Just got the chaperone quest, done all the year 2 moments so I'm happy, still haven't hit 335 yet got 2 at 334

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 6 days ago

Thing is I finished most of the Year 2 requirements when the Taken King launched; including the beating the raid on Hard mode or the Crucible quest line as well as the swords. Only thing I'm missing is the 3 fragments because I have YET to try the challenge modes on the raid; my raid group (also the same group I know irl) have moved on to Overwatch and I've been busy working so it looks like I'll be missing out on another yearly emblem by just 1 step lol

stokiekris
  • stokiekris

Thug

• Members

Posted 6 days ago

Ps4 or Xbox one ?

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

\_(ツ)_/

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago Edited by Sir Michael, 4 days ago.

Lol, I know what you mean Johan. Almost nobody I know plays this game anymore except for that rare Crucible match, but like you said, Overwatch and all of those other games took people away. Hopefully you can get those done because the challenges aren't too hard, they're just technical.

Finnala's Peril, the hand cannon from Iron Banner, is one of the best HC's I've used in a long time. It feels like a Year 1 hand cannon, every shot connects with this gun. I think I finally found my main primary for Trials. :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users