Quantcast

» «
Photo

Destiny

1,659 replies to this topic

Poll: Which class will you choose? (108 member(s) have cast votes)

Which class will you choose?

1. Titan (29 votes [26.85%])

Percentage of vote: 26.85%

2. Warlock (24 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

3. Hunter (55 votes [50.93%])

Percentage of vote: 50.93%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Cock&Balls
  • Cock&Balls

Dipped in bread crumbs

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA Online]

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:10 PM Edited by FRA1Z3R, 24 July 2014 - 01:11 PM.

Okay, I just entered the code on the Xbox website, how the f*ck do I play it?

Go into 'My games and Apps' and to right of your games will be a list of 'Ready to install' items, it should be listed there. Prepare for a 12 gig install, when it's done installing, enjoy!

Thr33X
  • Thr33X

GTA Photographers Commish

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:35 PM

Desitny, just from the Beta, is everything that I thought GTA Online was going to be, and then some. For a Beta this game runs smoother than the ass of a girl who squats (lol). Single player and multiplayer co-op are seamless and competitive is fast paced and lag-free. I'm asking myself everytime I play "this is a BETA!?"

Sufficed to say come September 9th, I'll probably be done with Los Santos for good. There are bigger and better battles to fight.

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:14 PM Edited by one55, 24 July 2014 - 02:16 PM.

Desitny, just from the Beta, is everything that I thought GTA Online was going to be, and then some. For a Beta this game runs smoother than the ass of a girl who squats (lol). Single player and multiplayer co-op are seamless and competitive is fast paced and lag-free. I'm asking myself everytime I play "this is a BETA!?"

Sufficed to say come September 9th, I'll probably be done with Los Santos for good. There are bigger and better battles to fight.

grand theft auto v/online and destiny are two totally different games so i don't know why the hell you are comparing them.

personally for me GTA online is a huge step forward for the multiplayer part of a GTA game and I think it's the same for similar games. it almost feels like an MMO. I cant think off the top of my head of a game that offers that experience as just the multiplayer section that's free. usually this sort of thing requires a subscription. i think most of the hate for GTA Online comes from people too butthurt that there's no heists yet. get the f*ck over it. rockstar could easily be charging you another £40/$60 for buy GTA Online then charge you £10/$15 a month. the way some people are behaving you'd think they DO charge people this already.... but they don't. so quit the complaining already. 

and you must play some real sh*tty games if you don't think destiny beta feels like a beta. i mean it's a great game but it's so damn obvious that you're not getting the full experience.

Cock&Balls
  • Cock&Balls

Dipped in bread crumbs

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:20 PM Edited by FRA1Z3R, 24 July 2014 - 03:20 PM.

I think Thr33x is saying the seamlessness of playing by yourself to being in a firefight alongside other players. Along those lines.

Also, this is the smoothest beta I have ever seen or played, it is so smooth in fact that it feels like a polished final game gameplay wise.

Obviously there is going to be a small amount of missions and content, cause it's just a beta.

Thr33X
  • Thr33X

GTA Photographers Commish

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:15 PM

grand theft auto v/online and destiny are two totally different games so i don't know why the hell you are comparing them.

personally for me GTA online is a huge step forward for the multiplayer part of a GTA game and I think it's the same for similar games. it almost feels like an MMO. I cant think off the top of my head of a game that offers that experience as just the multiplayer section that's free. usually this sort of thing requires a subscription. i think most of the hate for GTA Online comes from people too butthurt that there's no heists yet. get the f*ck over it. rockstar could easily be charging you another £40/$60 for buy GTA Online then charge you £10/$15 a month. the way some people are behaving you'd think they DO charge people this already.... but they don't. so quit the complaining already. 

and you must play some real sh*tty games if you don't think destiny beta feels like a beta. i mean it's a great game but it's so damn obvious that you're not getting the full experience.

Destiny is a better online experience. Socially, competitively and technologically. Simply from the limited amount of activity in the Beta, I still feel like I have a purpose. There's structure and story and actual lore behind the game. I don't have to have everything laid out in front of me (which suggests to me that you're exactly that type of gamer) to know that Destiny is going to be an awesome title.

In fact, none of anything you're suggesting has anything to do with what I said, so before you try to be an internet knight, fall back and pay attention to what you read instead of trying to read between the lines. I never said GTAO was bad. I said for what I've seen in Beta, compared to what I've experienced from launch to now in GTAO, Destiny is and will be a better online multiplayer experience, and that will be what I invest my time, energy and money on after it's released. If you've somehow taken offense to that, well...I feel sorry for you, bucko.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:25 PM

The Shadow
  • The Shadow

Foot Soldier

• GTAF Crew
  • Greece

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:45 PM Edited by Shadow_Belt, 24 July 2014 - 05:45 PM.

The thumbnail.. Why is the PS3's ground texture better than the PS4's?

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:04 PM

Honestly the PS3 version doesn't look half-bad.  Still amazed how they can still stuff a game like this or V into a console several years old.  Differences I could tell:  Draw distance, particle effects, and shadows all look much better in the PS4.  I'm sure the frame-rate will be better also.

So does this have a single player mode, or online only? 

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick
  • OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:54 PM

So, has anyone done any actual damage to the creatures that have "???" as their health? I used my super charged weapon (the pistol as I'm a hunter) and even THAT didn't do any damage. It still said "immune". So, how the hell do you kill those things? I feel like they're protecting the holy grail of armor or weapons or something.

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:22 AM Edited by BondageKitty, 25 July 2014 - 02:24 AM.

Beta is now be public for everyone. No codes required.
  • Kohr-Ah likes this

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:15 AM

So, has anyone done any actual damage to the creatures that have "???" as their health? I used my super charged weapon (the pistol as I'm a hunter) and even THAT didn't do any damage. It still said "immune". So, how the hell do you kill those things? I feel like they're protecting the holy grail of armor or weapons or something.

It means they are too high leveled. Some are only hidden when you are around level 3 because they are level 11. Some are much higher and you never get to see their level.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:50 AM

As far as i can tell there's nothing that will touch them. Every enemy apart from the level 20 wizard in the hive cave seems to be immune to any fire from you. The wizards come up with resist instead of immune! Mqybe one of your high level striker abilities might be able to do something to it but I'm not sure.

mareepx
  • mareepx

GTAF's Jennifer Lawrence fanboy

• Members
  • England

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:08 PM

Read the title, I wasn't originally too interested in it but if it's free i'll give it a go.

So, those of you who haven't ordered Destiny, you have a chance to play beta and see if you like it.

Hope I helped someone.

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:50 PM

Read the title, I wasn't originally too interested in it but if it's free i'll give it a go.

So, those of you who haven't ordered Destiny, you have a chance to play beta and see if you like it.

Hope I helped someone.

i wasn't sure if i'd buy the game at all. it just looked like another generic fps to me. played the beta because like you say it's free...so why not? now i'm most definitely gonna buy the game. it's just so much fun. usually fps games just piss me off because i keep dying all the time but with destiny it's much more enjoyable. i'm not saying it's an easy game...it's actually quite challenging at times. 

actually considering buying the limited edition but i'll decide nearer the time. 

• mareepx likes this

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:49 PM

Playing the beta has really changed my opinion on it. Before the beta I though it was just Halo mixed with Borderlands. After the Beta... lets just say 100% chance of purchase.

Having to play the story to get weapons and armour for the multiplayer is also a great thing imo. The people that don't want to do the story will be in for a shock when they're stuck with basic weapons and armour against people with high damage weapons and insane armour. :D

• one55 likes this

The Shadow
  • The Shadow

Foot Soldier

• GTAF Crew
  • Greece

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:34 PM Edited by Shadow_Belt, 25 July 2014 - 02:35 PM.

Just so everyone knows, the Iron Banner returns today! Here's the post by Deej on Bungie.net

Have you met Lord Saladin?

iron_banner_lord.jpg?cv=3983588666&av=18

If you crave the most hardcore challenge to be had in the Destiny Beta, this champion of the City is your dealer. The Iron Banner in the Crucible is his domain.

You’ll find him holding court in the plaza at the back of the Tower – playing hard to get and enjoying the best view of the sunset that our home has to offer. The doors to his haunt swing wide only for special occasions like the Iron Banner. His call to action is unforgiving.

iron_banner_1_1.jpg?cv=3983588666&av=189

The Iron Banner is just one of the ways we’ll keep you on your toes as you progress on your journey. It’s another reason to clash with other Guardians in deadly competition. If you’ve accepted this challenge before, all you need to know is that it’s coming back. Once again, it will send you into battle in four arenas: 'Rusted Lands' on Earth, 'First Light' on the Moon, 'Shores of Time' on Venus, and 'Blind Watch' on Mars.

iron_banner_arenas.jpg?cv=3983588666&av=

If you have yet to sample the elevated carnage and mayhem of this limited time event, here are some things you need to know:

-You must meet with Lord Saladin before you can compete. Seek him out in the Tower, opposite the landing zone.

-The Iron Banner is accessed as a separate playlist in the Crucible.

-The power ratings on your weapons and armor are crucial to victory. While combat in the Crucible offers a level playing field, the Iron Banner demands your very best gear.

-Victory earns you reputation and rank to unlock special Iron Banner gear, and you can only browse or acquire your rewards while the event is live!

-Iron Banner challenges are available from the Bounty Tracker to make your exploits in battle even more profitable.

-If you reach your competition-worthy rank of Level 5 while this event is happening, you’ll need to check in with Lord Shaxx first. He’ll issue your Crucible invitation in the Hall of Guardians, just down the stairs from the main landing zone in the Tower.

iron_banner_2.jpg?cv=3983588666&av=18901

All times are PDT.

Friday, July 25th
10:00 AM – 12:00 PM*
2:00 PM – 4:00 PM
7:00 PM – 9:00 PM

Saturday, July 26th

10:00 AM – 12:00 PM*
2:00 PM – 4:00 PM
7:00 PM – 9:00 PM

*Earlier bouts added because we love our European players, too.

“Is this the special surprise that you had planned for Saturday?” you ask.

No. It’s not. Nor are these the permanent rewards we’ve promised. We’ll tease those tomorrow. The Bungie Weekly Update will tell you all about how this grand experiment that has been the Destiny Beta will end.

In the meantime, prepare to brave the Iron Banner!

They keep teasing us and teasing us! I can't wait to see what are the surprises tomorrow!

Grandal.
  • Grandal.

Insert witty title here

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:38 PM

I am pretty sure I am going to get it after playing the beta.  I have a co-worker that I have been teaming up with and it is a lot of fun co-op.  

Guess I will log in tomorrow at 4 pm cst to get the emblem...wtf do the emblems actually do or are they purely cosmetic?

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:06 PM

I wasn't a big fan of the multiplayer (Crucible) .. I suppose it's because I'm used to other FPS but eh.. I rather have a long co-op/story mode with friends than that. Atleast I hope the full release will have a rather lengthy co-op.

• Toke likes this

mareepx
  • mareepx

GTAF's Jennifer Lawrence fanboy

• Members
  • England

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:37 PM

I wasn't sure about getting this, thought it was a halo-esque generic fps but I got the beta cos it was free and MY GOD I AM SO GETTING THIS

PerfectBlade
  • PerfectBlade

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:37 PM Edited by Perfect Blade xD, 25 July 2014 - 05:28 PM.

edit.

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?"

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:41 PM

This game is kinda hard for me cause I'm not use to Fpses lol. Having fun playing it though.

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick
  • OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:56 PM

Anyone else feel the story is pretty weak so far? Also, the planet is so dead. They really need to add wildlife. There's some birds that fly away and that's it.  It doesn't feel alive at all.

MyMothersMySister
  • MyMothersMySister

Unkle Dysfunktional

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:29 PM

Just getting in from work and it gave me the Iron banner prompt. I loaded the crucible and jumped in.

Got kicked.

Now the Iron Banner game mode isnt showing in the crucible?

Has it finished?

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:08 PM

Anyone else feel the story is pretty weak so far? Also, the planet is so dead. They really need to add wildlife. There's some birds that fly away and that's it.  It doesn't feel alive at all.

Firstly you've only played the first 5 story missions and that's it, most stories dont really get going in the first five missions so give it more time if you get the full game. Secondly wildlife... seriously? This game has so much and you want deer.  :facedesk:  At what point does wildlife really fit into this game? That's right it doesn't.

• Cock&Balls likes this

Cock&Balls
  • Cock&Balls

Dipped in bread crumbs

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:21 PM Edited by FRA1Z3R, 25 July 2014 - 08:29 PM.

Just getting in from work and it gave me the Iron banner prompt. I loaded the crucible and jumped in.

Got kicked.

Has it finished?

I don't think it actually starts until tomorrow. They might be testing the servers for the Iron banner or something and you just happened to drop into one.

Never mind, what Hodgey said.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:22 PM

Got kicked.

Has it finished?

I don't think it actually starts until tomorrow. They might be testing the servers for the Iron banner or something and you just happened to drop into one.

No it's was up earlier for everyone, finished now though.

MyMothersMySister
  • MyMothersMySister

Unkle Dysfunktional

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:45 PM

Any ideas when to expect it back? I've seen people sporting the very nifty banners from there.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:48 PM

Any ideas when to expect it back? I've seen people sporting the very nifty banners from there.

http://www.bungie.ne.../News?aid=11959

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

TETTEN! :-)

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:57 PM

Do you guys think these are all the features or you think there are a lot more in the full game? Anyway i'll be playing tomorrow a little bit to see what this reward is and then waiting for the full experience.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:59 PM

Do you guys think these are all the features or you think there are a lot more in the full game? Anyway i'll be playing tomorrow a little bit to see what this reward is and then waiting for the full experience.

It's a beta of course there is going to be so much more in the full game.

• MyMothersMySister likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users