Photo

Collectors Edition

50 replies to this topic
Kiast
  • Kiast

Collectors edition

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:21 AM

Macquarie jb hi fi has a few CE left, I just preordered mine on 360 colgate.gif . Went to bondi this morning and they were out. Waste of two hours but it's my free day anyway

reddit39
  • reddit39

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:54 AM

JB blacktown has a few left for the Xbox360. ( I checked 4 hours ago)

AwesomeXMe
  • AwesomeXMe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:49 AM Edited by AwesomeXMe, 28 May 2013 - 06:52 AM.

I rang about 10 JB Hi Fi's in W.A and they all said I needed to have preordered earlier or had none left but one said they have 360 versions left. Think it was JB Hi Fi Carousel.

dyz
  • dyz

GTA For Life!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:59 AM

Lucky i pre-ordered GTA 5 last year! biggrin.gif

Sirpepperoni
  • Sirpepperoni

Trick

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:05 AM

QUOTE (Petey91 @ Monday, May 27 2013, 12:40)
QUOTE (Officer620 @ Monday, May 27 2013, 12:02)
I've placed my order for the Grand Theft Auto V Collector's Edition, only $169.

https://www.jbhifion...x?T=79&P=684904

*limit one per customer* biggrin.gif

Cheers!

You sir, thank you. Pre ordered smile.gif

lets hope they don't call up saying sorry we don't have enough copies xD

This blokes a legend, saved me 50 bucks... I pre ordered off game uk.. Just hope they refund my deposit now.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:52 AM

QUOTE (Sirpepperoni @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 07:05)

Cheers!

This blokes a legend, saved me 50 bucks... I pre ordered off game uk.. Just hope they refund my deposit now.

Congrats but why do you think you'll get your $50 back? It will be most likely used to pay for the handling and delivery. 'Nah we needed to package it and boxes aren't cheap. Ever tried sending something long distance?' They will find some excuse, it's always the way.

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:57 AM

I already have 70 bucks on the special edition at EB Games though... I can't get my money back and put a deposit on a CE from JB right?

Kiast
  • Kiast

Collectors edition

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:18 AM

QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 07:57)
I already have 70 bucks on the special edition at EB Games though... I can't get my money back and put a deposit on a CE from JB right?

You could try, I mean you could just cancel the preorder, because you never received anything they cant really keep the money, I would ask them at the store but you might want to hurry so you don't miss out on the CE's at JB

Bertanius
  • Bertanius

Deez nutz.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

I pre-ordered mine back in January of 2012 from JB Hi-Fi, and I plan to stick to my 'regular' edition. I don't want to spend everything on some pointless edition that costs next-to-nothing to make. All the pre-order stuff will be available from the Rockstar warehouse, and eBay, for a fraction of the cost. All I want is for content that was cut to be free sometime soon when I get my PC edition. I would hate to pay more for content I already should have got. I save a lot since I just pirate all my games, but the cost of those editions is crazy and overpriced...

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:52 AM

QUOTE (urbanfire @ Monday, May 27 2013, 18:34)
QUOTE (finn4life @ Monday, May 27 2013, 07:26)
An extra 20 bucks isn't worth whining about, the Special Edition is a little pricey though, Australia is a small market, so obviously they're going to charge more.

Here is where you can get them, it will take approximately two weeks to ship (It's from the UK.) I buy many games from this site regularly.
It's UK based retailing to Australia for below Australian retail prices.
Yes all games work on PS3 and 360 as it's the same region and PS3 is region free anyway.

You're welcome, you'll need to wait until they provide prices for the items, but if you really want it, you can order it from here.

http://www.ozgamesho...lectors edition

Yeh I agree. That's why I had to get the CE version over the SE version. I'm willing to pay 20 bucks more for the CE version, but not $120 for the SE version which is readily available in the states for a mere $80.

As for that website, it said they aren't in stock, so there's no guarantee you'd be able to get one with them. It's safer to secure a buy from JB HIFI or EB games right now than gamble for time and miss out later.

You misunderstand.

If there is absolutely no copies for anybody anywhere (JB Hi-Fi whatever), this site is a good place to go because they might be selling a few copies, it's a last resort if you will.

Kiast
  • Kiast

Collectors edition

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:05 PM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 11:52)
An extra 20 bucks isn't worth whining about, the Special Edition is a little pricey though, Australia is a small market, so obviously they're going to charge more.

Here is where you can get them, it will take approximately two weeks to ship (It's from the UK.) I buy many games from this site regularly.
Yes all games work on PS3 and 360 as it's the same region and PS3 is region free anyway.

You're welcome, you'll need to wait until they provide prices for the items, but if you really want it, you can order it from here.

Yeh I agree. That's why I had to get the CE version over the SE version. I'm willing to pay 20 bucks more for the CE version, but not $120 for the SE version which is readily available in the states for a mere $80.

As for that website, it said they aren't in stock, so there's no guarantee you'd be able to get one with them. It's safer to secure a buy from JB HIFI or EB games right now than gamble for time and miss out later.

You misunderstand.

If there is absolutely no copies for anybody anywhere (JB Hi-Fi whatever), this site is a good place to go because they might be selling a few copies, it's a last resort if you will.

Actually there are still stores in Sydney with a few copies left, if you hurry. sarcasm.gif

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE (Kiast @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 23:05)

You misunderstand.

Actually there are still stores in Sydney with a few copies left, if you hurry. sarcasm.gif

Which stores? PM me if it must be kept a secret. ph34r.gif

I pre-ordered from EB Games at Broadway. I would assume if I cancel my pre-order they use the bullsh*t excuse "Oh the money goes on your account as store credit and can't be exchanged for cash".... I'm sure there's some sort of bullsh*t there, once they have their hands on your money, they won't let go.

Officer620
  • Officer620

Federal Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:58 PM

QUOTE (AuSsIeThUnDeR36 @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 17:52)
QUOTE (Sirpepperoni @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 07:05)

Cheers!

Congrats but why do you think you'll get your $50 back? It will be most likely used to pay for the handling and delivery. 'Nah we needed to package it and boxes aren't cheap. Ever tried sending something long distance?' They will find some excuse, it's always the way.

JB HiFi / Order Confirmati​on #-------

Grand Theft Auto V Collector's Edition PS3

Availability: Pre-Order

Sub Total
$169.00
Freight
$2.50

Total
$171.50

Cheers!

Highgrade89NewAccount
  • Highgrade89NewAccount

Bird Is The Word

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:05 PM

QUOTE (copperrobber @ Monday, May 27 2013, 05:52)
Don't complain about the price, in Sweden it costs 270 for CE & 120 for SE.

270?! I feel sorry for ya lol that's really expensive

urbanfire
  • urbanfire

Ze Fire of da City

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:17 AM

QUOTE (Highgrade89NewAccount @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 13:05)

Yeh wow. I wonder why the CE version costs more than double that of the SE version over there... You guys are better off importing it from the UK or somewhere...

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:33 AM

I was gunna pre order the special edition but what the point it will come out as DLC later on

Dead At 4pm
  • Dead At 4pm

Yeah i know...but whatever.

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:39 AM

I just managed to get a pre order in today for the CE at jbhifi osborne park here in perth. I send an email to jb complaining about how crap it is that i couldnt order it because i didnt preorder the standard one because i was waiting for the CE to be anounced and they got back to me today saying i can have one now. So i put money down and now im lucky enough to be getting the CE.

Kiast
  • Kiast

Collectors edition

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:26 PM

QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 12:41)
QUOTE (Kiast @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 23:05)

You misunderstand.

Which stores? PM me if it must be kept a secret. ph34r.gif

I pre-ordered from EB Games at Broadway. I would assume if I cancel my pre-order they use the bullsh*t excuse "Oh the money goes on your account as store credit and can't be exchanged for cash".... I'm sure there's some sort of bullsh*t there, once they have their hands on your money, they won't let go.

Jb Hifi, just ring like every single one in your area, not even joking i got a store on the second phone call, i got mine at Macquarie so im sure there are still a few left... if you hurry, I hope you get a copy smile.gif

copperrobber
  • copperrobber

Tokyo Drift Through The Hills

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE (urbanfire @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 05:17)
QUOTE (Highgrade89NewAccount @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 13:05)

Yeh wow. I wonder why the CE version costs more than double that of the SE version over there... You guys are better off importing it from the UK or somewhere...

yeah i was supposed to import it from UK, but when i emailed them about it they said they couldnt ship a package as big as the CE.

Officer620
  • Officer620

Federal Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:10 AM

Collector's Edition is no longer available on the Jb Hi-Fi website:

Congratulations to those who managed to get their orders in wink.gif

Cheers!

mdr279
  • mdr279

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE (F02 @ Monday, May 27 2013, 16:18)
At my wollongong EB games store, they said if you didn't pay the full price of GTA V before january this year when pre ordering it, you won't be able to get a CE but you can get the SE. I didn't check my JB HIFI' store. dontgetit.gif

Woot! Wollongong! I'm from there but I live in Melbourne now

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users