Photo

The money system in MP

45 replies to this topic
kingbear08
  • kingbear08

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE (djv3n0m @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 23:22)
QUOTE (kingbear08 @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 23:02)
Think about it what if you go to a garage say they are spread all over the map no ownership but you go there to change cars, customize your car, same thing with air port hangers you go to one to get a plane, or a marina to get a boat and the money you earn online will be used for buying cars for your online garage which you would just pick a car from the list when you visit a garage.  Say I'm in a Sabre GT and I want to switch to my Banshee I go to a garage a list pops up where you can pick from your cars or buy more to choose from I pick my banshee choose the color, and customize it the way I want given I have the money to do this and I'm back in the game with a new car.  This seem like the more plausible explanation.

Would appreciate your thoughts on this.

genius idea icon14.gif but do you think it would take much space on the disk ??? If they implanted this in the game it could be a game changer MP would feel fresh

I also think that they would implement crew heists for online where you can plan heists with friends and try to knock over banks or other forms and NPCs for money. But at the same time if two crews are trying to rob the same place they would have to battle it out for the spoils and also get away from the cops for it to be successful. The only problem with this is how many crews are going to be able to play in the same world at the same time and how big are the crews allowed to be? This would be up to R* to figure out lol and test to see what works best.

Nameless Foot Soldier
  • Nameless Foot Soldier

Libertonian

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:41 PM

I think it would work like the posse scoring system in RDR. You join a free roam match, you do a couple of objectives so you get some multiplayer money (That only counts in the game that you are in, once you leave it's gone.) You then use that money to but property, turf and/ or weapons. You could hostilely take another groups property in the game if it's already taken but they could have spent money buying armed guards (Think Lost and Damned MP Turf war). With the property or turf, you get an income from businesses which you can use to buy your group better weapons and or vehicles or even expand and buy more property. People who just joined start small, while players who have been in for quite awhile have an empire with their group. Once you leave, everything you done goes away right away.

That's what I think it would be like but my thoughts don't really amount to much.

djv3n0m
  • djv3n0m

Bumboclaaaat !!!

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (Mr.c TO the J @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 23:28)
QUOTE (djv3n0m @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 15:22)
Think about it what if you go to a garage say they are spread all over the map no ownership but you go there to change cars, customize your car, same thing with air port hangers you go to one to get a plane, or a marina to get a boat and the money you earn online will be used for buying cars for your online garage which you would just pick a car from the list when you visit a garage.  Say I'm in a Sabre GT and I want to switch to my Banshee I go to a garage a list pops up where you can pick from your cars or buy more to choose from I pick my banshee choose the color, and customize it the way I want given I have the money to do this and I'm back in the game with a new car.  This seem like the more plausible explanation.

genius idea icon14.gif but do you think it would take much space on the disk ??? If they implanted this in the game it could be a game changer MP would feel fresh

I don't think it would.

Most of it could either be on the server's side, and/or is allready implemented on the disk, things like buying cars, and guns and all of that are confirmed in Single player. There'd be more customization options since we'd be using our Avatars. But I don't think it'd be anything that'd take to much space at all, seeing as allot of it is implemented in Single player and can be ran Server side as well if need be.

Haven't taught about that dedicated servers would be good way make this happen anyways i trust R* when they say "a bold new way...."

FranklinsBroJT
  • FranklinsBroJT

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:34 AM

QUOTE (Pregnantplatypus @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 23:09)

This is what I was suggesting.
I think multiplayer money will only be
used on vehicles, vehicle modifications
and guns.

I then have a system of let's say personal garage and friends garage you click on your personal garage you see all your cars then you click on friends garage you can see all the cars your friends have then once you see a car you like your friend can sell it to you or you buy it new for a higher price

omer19992010
  • omer19992010

Grove Street OG

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:07 AM

I know I'm going to get a lot of hate by saying this but I think it's going to be similar to black ops 1. You Level up by xp and you get money every time you level up. Also when you level up you unlock the Ability to buy Weapons,Cars,Cloth and Properties. Some Weapons,Cars,Cloth and Properties are locked until you get to a certain level and buy them.

kingbear08
  • kingbear08

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:15 AM

QUOTE (omer19992010 @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 02:07)
I know I'm going to get a lot of hate by saying this but I think it's going to be similar to black ops 1. You Level up by xp and you get money every time you level up. Also when you level up you unlock the Ability to buy Weapons,Cars,Cloth and Properties. Some Weapons,Cars,Cloth and Properties are locked until you get to a certain level and buy them.

But buying properties online doesn't really work because there would be too many people buying the properties. your obviously not going to share them with a rival lets get practical. It doesn't work. If you have multiple properties everyone can use to obtain item they buy for themselves it is much more rational. Also I don't think your going to only get money when you level up. I think you'll receive bonus money for leveling up but that wont be your only source for income. Like I said previously you'll earn money from crew jobs or robbing stuff on your own but I don't see your whole income or a majority of your income coming from leveling up I think you will just get a small bonus amount of money which makes sense to me.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:25 AM

Why would I have to unlock something before buying it? That's just stupid. Hopefully they just let you buy anything you want as long as you have enough money, otherwise my and friends and I will just be playing private games and unlocking sh*t that way since leveling up is no fun.

MikeyBelic
  • MikeyBelic

Head Lad

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:37 AM

I do hope the MP's more advanced.. GTA IV's MP still has me hooked and it's so basic.. if V was even 20% better...

Kinkade
  • Kinkade

Walk softly...

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:55 PM

First off, I'm going off the assumption that private free roam will be the "MP Lobby", if you will. This is where you and your crew will join up before entering into any other game modes.

Second, I'm assuming money will allow you to buy some very interesting things, and thus will be motivation enough for wanting to acquire it without having to be a ranking or unlock system. Not to say that in a ranked game mode it might not be.

On to the point.

After playing around with Minecraft on XBL for a few days recently, I realized their server system wasn't a bad way for GTAV to go. I log on to my game, and when friends join for the first time they spawn in a set group of spawn points. They begin with nothing, but over the course of their play, they can acquire whatever they can find or trade for, and work to build an empire. When they log off, their progress is saved, but it only carries for MY game (maybe they keep changes to their avatar?). If I join their game, I start off with nothing and build my empire on THEIR map that is in no way connected to my own. This allows for purchasable property without the massive land-grab that a full on MMO would inevitably turn into. Depending on the max number of players in a single lobby, it could still turn into a land-grab, I suppose, but isn't a turf war a good bit of fun?

What this also means, is that the ranking crew member could then assign missions to his mates in order to plan and execute bigger heists. Once you have some prerequisite missions completed (gathering of supplies, getaway vehicle, etc.), higher level heists open up, similar to how I picture the SP to play out (minus the individual character storyline), only your friends have your back rather than the AI. Bigger heist, more money, more danger, more fun. Simple, really.

So long as we have things to spend money on, we will want more of it. I'm just glad R* might finally give us the chance to call the shots. After all, the only way to not want to shoot your boss in the face with an RPG is to be self-employed.

BeardedxMic
  • BeardedxMic

The Bearded Bastich.

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE (HudS @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 22:17)
I want the same multiplayer that there was in IV/4. The MMO style would be a nice addition but i still want to have the same simple multiplayer free roam that we had in GTA 4. Both would be great.

I kind of agree. But only if we can keep the weapons we unlock on us at all times. I don't want to run around and pick up things every time I die.

Pregnantplatypus
  • Pregnantplatypus

Futo Fanatic

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE (gpcguy1 @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 02:25)

Why would I have to unlock something before buying it? That's just stupid. Hopefully they just let you buy anything you want as long as you have enough money, otherwise my and friends and I will just be playing private games and unlocking sh*t that way since leveling up is no fun.

Take a good look at RDR. Its unlocking
system is probably the best ive seen.
You may have sh*tty weapons to start
but you pop a high lvl player and you
get something to even the playing feild.
I wouldnt be suprised if there was a unlocking
sytem. It hooks the people who want
to level up and feel like theyve acomplished
something.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE (Pregnantplatypus @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 16:24)

something.

RDR is tge exact same leveling systen as every other game. I won't mind the system, I just think it's a hassle. But there's always private games so I can level up with just friends.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE (gpcguy1 @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 16:33)
QUOTE (Pregnantplatypus @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 16:24)

something.

RDR is tge exact same leveling systen as every other game. I won't mind the system, I just think it's a hassle. But there's always private games so I can level up with just friends.

The only reason why I liked playing RDR mp was for the leveling up system. It gave me a reason to do it. After I got done with All legends and levels I made sure I did to people what they did to me. If you're going to level up I'm going to keep killing you. I did that for some time cause I want people to experience the same as I did. After that I decide to help those people in defense. I meant some really cool people that I still have on my friends list today.

FranklinsBroJT
  • FranklinsBroJT

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE (Pregnantplatypus @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 19:32)
QUOTE (FranklinsBroJT @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 19:29)
QUOTE (Pregnantplatypus @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 18:12)
So you go around spending your hard
earned money on 25 different houses
for the chance of spawning in atleast
one of them at the very start of the
game? It just isnt a very fluid
mechanic and I dont see rockstar
doing it.

How about if like of someone else bought that house GTA V won't let you play in the same game unless if you both share the house

Then your friend might have the
same house or your friends party
might try and join and they might
have the same house. That would be
frustrating would it not?

It's a huge world my houses and its confirmed I mean look at the gameplay bro HE HAS HIS OWN f*ckING HOUSE IM SO EXCITED

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:00 PM

I reckon you'll earn money by playing games (same money eveerytime to make it a real grind) which you'll spend on unlocking things rather then buying. E.G unlocking a hood for your car that can be customized at any LS Customes. Or unlocking a new property. You'll spawn at the closest property oyu logged out too. There could be end up being 'high level' areas near the best properties....

Thats where you'll see me...

FranklinsBroJT
  • FranklinsBroJT

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:35 PM

QUOTE (FranklinsBroJT @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 15:26)
Anybody remember the money you got in online multiplayer in IV do you think it will be in V? I mean I have this weird thought that we could buy houses in cars in "GTA Online" it kind of sounds MMO of some sort.

I f*cking told you guys

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users