» «
Photo

The best computer wins?

4 replies to this topic
Zeevs86
  • Zeevs86

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:36 AM Edited by Zeevs86, 25 May 2013 - 10:57 AM.

Hello. I have played GTA4 for years. It started from an AMD 5600+ 2.6 GHz, had very low framerate. Then I bought a laptop acer aspire i7 620m 2.6 GHz with 5650 ati gpu.
Both PCs could not handle GTA4 or EFLC with decent FPS. So I sucked at multiplayer. But then I didnt know why.

So I bought a new PC half year ago. i5 ivy bridge 3.4 GHz, gtx 660 ti, 8 GB ram, and also installed this game on ssd drive.
Now at last, after 5 years of the game release, I have normal framerate that does not drop below 60.
Today I tried the multiplayer for the first time on my new PC. Guess what? I owned every one. I could just stand without moving, shoot, and kill any1 with 1-2 bullets. After 5 minutes I climbed to the first place at the scoreboard, and then people started to leave, thinking that maybe I am a cheater. Then I realised that I am playing with only 1 player (5 minutes ago there was at least 8-10 players at the lobby)
With my previous PCs I could not kill enemies after I emptied whole ammunition magazine on them. Also each firefight dropped my FPS to 5-10.

This is really sucks. Why should I insta-win whole enemy team if I have better computer than other players?
Hope Rockstar fix this problem in the "next gen" GTA5.

a-k-t-w
  • a-k-t-w

Wannabe GTA IV Dev

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:24 AM

this is a simple fact of online gaming and is not the fault of rockstar. if you have a more stable framerate you will be able to target and retarget far easier than if you had a low choppy framerate as the game doesnt respond to your controls as well.

Zeevs86
  • Zeevs86

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:06 AM

oh god fanboy detected....

a-k-t-w
  • a-k-t-w

Wannabe GTA IV Dev

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:38 AM Edited by a-k-t-w, 26 May 2013 - 07:42 AM.

fan boy? oh please. sure its rockstar's fault for not optimizing their port better, but calling my a fan boy doesnt change the fact that if you have a higher fps you will play better, doesnt matter the game.

that is part of the reason why COD is so popular, as it is easy to achieve a solid 60fps across various systems allowing everyone to play their best.

and why people use FPS configs (which run the game lower than the lowest allowed graphics settings) in games like team fortress 2 and counter strike even though their computers can run a solid 60fps on the highest possible settings.

SARDYNA108
  • SARDYNA108

Spammaster

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:09 AM

Yep, exactly

If you dont want to have too many fps just keep vsync on

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users