Quantcast

» «
Photo

Just a reminder about the Special and Collectors.

49 replies to this topic
RedDragonsBOOM
  • RedDragonsBOOM

Babes, Bullets, Cars.

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:23 AM

I just went and per-ordered two Grand Theft Auto V Collectors Editions a few minutes ago from a fairly popular Gamestop in my area. Now the announcement for these variant editions happened only yesterday, the Special Edition and the Collectors Edition, the standard version was announced a while back. But I had asked the Gamestop representative working there(also a friend of mine) if the pre order spots were filling up quick and the answer was that if I hadn't pre ordered tonight they probably would have ran out of reserve spots by Wednesday. Im just trying to remind anybody thinking about buying a different edition go do it soon or you might miss your chance.

Special Edition
user posted image

Collectors Edition
user posted image

Looking forward to seeing you all in Grand Theft Auto Online.

Ermac_
  • Ermac_

Tower Master

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:26 AM

Ill just wait for the dlc

RedDragonsBOOM
  • RedDragonsBOOM

Babes, Bullets, Cars.

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:35 AM

QUOTE (Ermac_ @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 05:26)

If all of it does come to DLC eventually. I really like that money bag though I could really use it IRL like I did the duffel bag from IV for the gym. Also use the safety deposit box for my Beretta.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:38 AM

QUOTE (Ermac_ @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 05:26)

I want that character pack to come as DLC. I'm getting the Special Edition, which comes without it. If it doesn't get released as DLC I'll raid R*'s headquarters.

Niick99
  • Niick99

Playa

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:40 AM

I guarntee they wont run out of copies of any of the editions, they just want your pre order so they can make a quick buck

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:42 AM

I wonít be able to get in untill Sunday or Monday so that gives me some hope.

I also have some hope because while our GameStop does well it isnít to busy there, and my friend got the GTAV poster just a week or two ago because they still had them in stock, where as I heard stories on here of people running out of them in the first day so I have some hope. If all else fails Iíll go with the Special Edition and not the Collectors I guess.

Niick99
  • Niick99

Playa

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:47 AM

QUOTE (Mr.c TO the J @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 05:42)

I also have some hope because while our GameStop does well it isnít to busy there, and my friend got the GTAV poster just a week or two ago because they still had them in stock, where as I heard stories on here of people running out of them in the first day so I have some hope. If all else fails Iíll go with the Special Edition and not the Collectors I guess.

See thats my point. Gamestop is the biggest game disturbuter in the world, theyll never run out of games at any location

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:51 AM

QUOTE (Niick99 @ Friday, May 24 2013, 21:47)

See thats my point. Gamestop is the biggest game disturbuter in the world, theyll never run out of games at any location

Yeah.

Depends on how Limited this Collectors edition is. Dunno how it works for R* games.

But most CE's aren't that limited and you can Pre-Order them up untill just before the release anyways.

Anyhow there's allways the chance they'll get more than needed. Three months ago my Step-Brother scored the Max Payne 3 Collector's Edition from the same GameStop for just five dollars over the Retail price of the base game. So in reality looking at it, I have time.

jdm4life92
  • jdm4life92

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:52 AM

Not to be a d bag but there is already another topic about limited copies

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=557721

RedDragonsBOOM
  • RedDragonsBOOM

Babes, Bullets, Cars.

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:05 AM

QUOTE (jdm4life92 @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 05:52)
Not to be a d bag but there is already another topic about limited copies

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=557721

I had used search and didnt find anything like that, thanks though. Lets consider this one an update =].

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:24 AM

Yikes, this is going faster than I thought.

Hopefully Rockstar's Warehouse has enough copies

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:48 AM

So do you think the Special Editions will be very few per-store? Or just the collector's editions?

RedDragonsBOOM
  • RedDragonsBOOM

Babes, Bullets, Cars.

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:09 AM

QUOTE (Mr.c TO the J @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 05:51)

Yeah.

Depends on how Limited this Collectors edition is. Dunno how it works for R* games.

But most CE's aren't that limited and you can Pre-Order them up untill just before the release anyways.

Anyhow there's allways the chance they'll get more than needed. Three months ago my Step-Brother scored the Max Payne 3 Collector's Edition from the same GameStop for just five dollars over the Retail price of the base game. So in reality looking at it, I have time.

Some special editions print many copies, other more exclusive versions only produce so many because of the amount of stuff they have to include in them (leather bags, maps, lazer cut keys, steelbooks ect). I have noticed these days more and more games have become more and more exclusive as for how easy it is to get an Collectors Editions. Most stores have a certain amount of reserves they can take because Rockstar hasnt even started making them yet. They can only estimate so many will be bought and make that many for certain editions. All I am saying is I would recommend getting your Special or Collectors Edition pre order in early or you might not get one. The exact same situations happened with me and Halo 4 and I never got it or found it anywhere else.

mattmason55
  • mattmason55

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:36 AM

Went to get the collecters edition from eb games (australian game stop) a day after they were announced I went down to change my pre order to that and they told me that they had sold out of pre orders! apparantly they had sold like 12 CE copies on ps3 and 8 on xbox and thats all they had been given, guy says eb games were really stuffed around by rockstar, so in the end im left with only the special edition. -.-

mattmason55
  • mattmason55

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:38 AM

QUOTE (Niick99 @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 05:40)
I guarntee they wont run out of copies of any of the editions, they just want your pre order so they can make a quick buck

My store (australia) ran out of collectors edition in 15 minutes, i tryed to pre order it but couldn't

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:40 AM

QUOTE (Niick99 @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 16:40)

I don't think you understand what a limited edition is.
Rockstar ran out of GTA III figurines when they said there was only 1200 pieces.
It is to make a quick buck, but if they lie about quantities, people are going to drop their collecters edition pre-orders because they aren't all that collectable.

K20
  • K20

Woooo-rah

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:54 AM

i was thinking of getting the special or the collectors but i'll save the £££ for DLC's. i just want that hotrod... madness.

AndrewDeSanta
  • AndrewDeSanta

Republitarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:55 AM

Collectors edition biggrin.gif

djv3n0m
  • djv3n0m

Bumboclaaaat !!!

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:12 AM

QUOTE (kb2084 @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 07:54)
i was thinking of getting the special or the collectors but i'll save the £££ for DLC's. i just want that hotrod... madness.

wish they put the hotknife in multiplayer as well this hot rod is more than welcome

RedDragonsBOOM
  • RedDragonsBOOM

Babes, Bullets, Cars.

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:29 AM

QUOTE (djv3n0m @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 08:12)

wish they put the hotknife in multiplayer as well this hot rod is more than welcome

Oh Im sure the Hotknife Will be in GTAO =).

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:50 AM

I was lucky I got the 2nd last Collector's edition at my local EB Games. The guy said if you haven't put down more than $50 preorder then you won't get one. The guy showed me there was like 400 preorders so I feel really lucky to get the whole gta 5 experience, can't wait!

djv3n0m
  • djv3n0m

Bumboclaaaat !!!

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:09 AM

QUOTE (RedDragonsBOOM @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 08:29)
QUOTE (djv3n0m @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 08:12)

Oh Im sure the Hotknife Will be in GTAO =).

Fingers-crossed and for the CE i haven't check my local store yet but i should probably go check it out imagine having to wait for the dlc's to come out add another 3 months to september turn.gif thanks for the heads up

RedDragonsBOOM
  • RedDragonsBOOM

Babes, Bullets, Cars.

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE (AuSsIeThUnDeR36 @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 08:50)
I was lucky I got the 2nd last Collector's edition at my local EB Games. The guy said if you haven't put down more than $50 preorder then you won't get one. The guy showed me there was like 400 preorders so I feel really lucky to get the whole gta 5 experience, can't wait!

Thats exactly how I feel man. My Girlfriend and I are have been playing Vice City and San Andreas the last few weeks just to get hyped for V even more. When her and I first got together even though she was a gamer she was never much into GTA. Through showing her all the awesome GTA games and her my own personal passion for it she has become very much a fan and very interested into the lore. And now shes just excited as anybody here is for GTA V. So excited she even made an account for this forum lol. Just to see how many new people we have coming as fans to theis gta shows how much bigger it will be than any other GTA.

And as you stated as well Im so glad I got the full GTA V experience pre ordered. I personally as dedicated to the franchise couldnt get anything else.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

I AM LOS SANTOS'S RECKONING

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:09 AM

Why not playing IV to get amped for V?

Lucky32
  • Lucky32

Official spaghetti wizard

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:14 AM

QUOTE (ugotsmoked @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 11:09)
Why not playing IV to get amped for V?

People like it less than the others because it doesn't have "JETP4KS!!!!11!!" like San Andreas.

RedDragonsBOOM
  • RedDragonsBOOM

Babes, Bullets, Cars.

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE (RedDragonsBOOM @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 10:12)
QUOTE (AuSsIeThUnDeR36 @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 08:50)

Thats exactly how I feel man. My Girlfriend and I are have been playing Vice City and San Andreas the last few weeks just to get hyped for V even more. When her and I first got together even though she was a gamer she was never much into GTA. Through showing her all the awesome GTA games and her my own personal passion for it she has become very much a fan and very interested into the lore. And now shes just excited as anybody here is for GTA V. So excited she even made an account for this forum lol. Just to see how many new people we have coming as fans to theis gta shows how much bigger it will be than any other GTA.

And as you stated as well Im so glad I got the full GTA V experience pre ordered. I personally as dedicated to the franchise couldnt get anything else.

Heres the reason why. I feel like GTAV will be a combination of Vice City and San Andreas, reason being. San Andreas: Location for V and Vice city: Heavily evolves around semi legit business and growing your empire as an entrepreneur. That and also I beat IV just about a week ago =P.

Kuunkulta
  • Kuunkulta

Rocka Rolla

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:01 PM

My favorite retailer verkkokauppa.com (one of the biggest chains in Finland) ran out of both Xbox and PS3 Collector's Editions in just some hours! Managed to get one just in time smile.gif And they don't even require reserve pay like gamestop does!

RedDragonsBOOM
  • RedDragonsBOOM

Babes, Bullets, Cars.

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE (Kuunkulta @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 18:01)
My favorite retailer verkkokauppa.com (one of the biggest chains in Finland) ran out of both Xbox and PS3 Collector's Editions in just some hours! Managed to get one just in time smile.gif And they don't even require reserve pay like gamestop does!

Nice Lazlow avatar! Im gonna be calling around to Gamestops and asking what editions they are still able to reserve in the next week just to get an idea of how fast they are going.

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE (RedDragonsBOOM @ Friday, May 24 2013, 23:09)

Yeah.

Some special editions print many copies, other more exclusive versions only produce so many because of the amount of stuff they have to include in them (leather bags, maps, lazer cut keys, steelbooks ect). I have noticed these days more and more games have become more and more exclusive as for how easy it is to get an Collectors Editions. Most stores have a certain amount of reserves they can take because Rockstar hasnt even started making them yet. They can only estimate so many will be bought and make that many for certain editions. All I am saying is I would recommend getting your Special or Collectors Edition pre order in early or you might not get one. The exact same situations happened with me and Halo 4 and I never got it or found it anywhere else.

Trust me, I'd like to but I don't feel like finding someone to give me a ride into the town where the GameStop is (I don't have a Licsense or a car so...) so I'll be going in Sunday or Monday.

If I can't get it, oh well. The Gamestop here dosen't get much though traffic anyways, so there's hope. Anyhow if I need to I can get the SE.

RedDragonsBOOM
  • RedDragonsBOOM

Babes, Bullets, Cars.

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE (Mr.c TO the J @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 19:09)
QUOTE (RedDragonsBOOM @ Friday, May 24 2013, 23:09)

Yeah.

Trust me, I'd like to but I don't feel like finding someone to give me a ride into the town where the GameStop is (I don't have a Licsense or a car so...) so I'll be going in Sunday or Monday.

If I can't get it, oh well. The Gamestop here dosen't get much though traffic anyways, so there's hope. Anyhow if I need to I can get the SE.

Id say call them personally and explain your situation if they are cool they may just possibly might be able to help you. Good luck though! =]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users