Quantcast

» «
Photo

Call of Duty: Ghosts vs. Battlefield 4

115 replies to this topic

Poll: What will you buy? (177 member(s) have cast votes)

What will you buy?

1. CoD: Ghosts (12 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

2. Battlefield 4 (76 votes [45.24%])

Percentage of vote: 45.24%

3. Both (25 votes [14.88%])

Percentage of vote: 14.88%

4. Neither (55 votes [32.74%])

Percentage of vote: 32.74%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:59 AM

I'll pick up Battlefied on launch for the Xbox One as I played Battlefield 3 a few months ago and loved how it was fresh. I'll probably pick up CoD at christmas if some of my other mates buy it. Love the new player customization options, I've been wanting that for years.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:12 AM

QUOTE (iNero @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 18:32)

Hilarious yet true...

Look at the changes/additions/difference that each installment in the Battlefield franchise displayed and what CoD displayed. And keep in mind how many COD games have been pushed out and how many BF games.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:35 PM

As much as I rag on the CoD series I do play it quite a bit only because
friends are always on it etc.

I do prefer battlefield though. I wanna see what these series are capable of 2-3 years
down the line.

tooformay
  • tooformay

master of corny jokes

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:37 AM

Ghosts. BF4 looks exactly like BF3 and I'm not even Sergeant on it so I'm going to play BF3 when I feel like it. I don't even know what new there is in BF4. 5 squad members instead of 4? That doesn't make me buy a new game.

Planning to buy Ghosts + PS4 bundle. I almost lost my hope in COD after sh*t Ops 2 but Ghosts looks amazing.

Quackerz Gamerz
  • Quackerz Gamerz

Radio Ga Ga!

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:54 PM

Those videos above make me laugh everytime I watch them, especially because they're so true.

I'll certainly get BF4, and probably Ghosts sometime next year.

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE (DODI3OG @ Monday, May 27 2013, 12:14)
QUOTE (xMohawkkinGx @ Monday, May 27 2013, 23:25)
Exactly. The Frostbite engine is almost revamped every one or two main BF games. BF: Bad Company- 1.0; BF 1943- 1.5; BF: Bad Company 2- 1.5; Battlefield 3- 2.0; Battlefield 4- 3.0.

That's why it never gets old.
Unlike COD, the only things I've seen changed were gun sounds, TBH.
Graphics and Physics were the same from MW2 onward. suicidal.gif suicidal.gif

That explains why Battlefield 3 looks the same as 4. You can just call it 3.5

Chris Fromage
  • Chris Fromage

Homie

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:27 PM

nvm

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:50 PM

I'll be getting BF4 ASAP. I will only get Ghosts if my friend buys it, because then its free for me. Who can turn down a free game? biggrin.gif

BF is just a lot more stress-free. A lot less bullsh*t that pisses me off. Bigger + funner maps, awesome vehicles, and I love the progression system of unlocking new items for classes/vehicles.

CoD is the cancer of the games industry. Its sh*tty gameplay but high sales may influence developers into doing something similar with their games, which worries me. Its such a bad franchise. Back when I was playing BO2 for 1-2 months, 80% of my deaths were from killstreaks, especially those hunter killer drones. Die, CoD.

Chris Fromage
  • Chris Fromage

Homie

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:38 PM Edited by Chris Fromage, 28 August 2013 - 08:09 PM.

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 18:50)
CoD is the cancer of the games industry. Its sh*tty gameplay but high sales may influence developers into doing something similar with their games, which worries me. Its such a bad franchise. Back when I was playing BO2 for 1-2 months, 80% of my deaths were from killstreaks, especially those hunter killer drones. Die, CoD.

I would rather say ALL FPS-games are the cancer of the game industry. (But it is a bit extreme to call a genre the cancer)
Especially when COD, BF, Halo and MOH and their fans started 'fighting' against each other... FPS gaming turned into a competition for being the best, having the best graphics, having the most fans etc...

Of course, other games are also having 'competitions' against each other, but the fight between those 4 FPS (mostly COD and BF) is just getting to extreme. We used to buy and play games for entertainment. Today, people buy only one of them, just to make sure their game has higher sale numbers, more gain,...

I am not buying both of them anymore (although I used to love COD). I will probably lend them from a friend or so later...

tuareg
  • tuareg

that aaaaain't workin, that's the way you do it

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:04 PM

The only cancer of gaming is business and lazy developers.

Anyway, it seems like BF4 is really going to be something else while Ghosts seems to be the same recycled sh*t as before. They should have just started releasing map packs for MW2 in 2009 instead of creating more and more sh*tty games with overcomplicated mechanics that do nothing apart from making it harder and harder to enjoy them on p2p hosting.

While i don't want to defend dice at the very least they act the way developers should and they listen to the community (even if it is only when they release a new title). Activision flat out rubs his middle finger in your face while asking for your money.

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:06 PM Edited by brian., 28 August 2013 - 08:11 PM.

I am a PC gamer, and a gamer in general, so I am trying not to support EA as a gamer, nor its distribution platform, Origin, in any way shape or form, as a pc gamer who believe in the Gabe.

Thus, since I have class and EA does not, aside from the fact that I'm just not into that genre of FPS, battlefield 4 is a no-buy for me, from the door, and Dice loses by default, for being guilty by association with EA.

Since I am a fan of the genre of FPS that CoD is in, and it's actually the ONLY game in its genre that is still in active development (and cs go is like a step backward when compared to cod, old, clunky, dated, and just a reskin anyway), I have no choice but to hope it's good - but if it has any issues seen in MW3 or BO2 (BO2 solved some), if it has even 1 thing that is just broken, I will not be purchasing ghosts either.

edit: EA Digital Illusions CE - it's not even in Dice hands anymore? Even more red flag not to buy.

Arma is the real version of that genre. BF is not on Arma level, if I want that experience, I will go to Arma.

tuareg
  • tuareg

that aaaaain't workin, that's the way you do it

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:29 PM Edited by tuareg, 28 August 2013 - 08:34 PM.

QUOTE (brian. @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 20:06)
edit:  EA Digital Illusions CE - it's not even in Dice hands anymore? Even more red flag not to buy.

Your whole post screams derp, but this one takes the cake.

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:47 PM

CoD. Me and my friends just enjoy it every year. After the hype of BF3 I bought it, one of the sh*ttiest games IMO I've ever played.

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE (tuareg @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 16:29)
QUOTE (brian. @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 20:06)
edit:  EA Digital Illusions CE - it's not even in Dice hands anymore? Even more red flag not to buy.

Your whole post screams derp, but this one takes the cake.

Yea, I see what I did there. DICE. LOL!

Still total fail for working with EA.

Your post is sh*t, btw. At least mine adds to the discussion, derp.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE (brian. @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 20:53)
Yea, I see what I did there. DICE. LOL!

Still total fail for working with EA.

Your post is sh*t, btw. At least mine adds to the discussion, derp.

Sssshhhh, you can cry, don't worry Mr. hypocrite, it's okay, let it out, no you're doing fine, shh...

OT: After seeing the gameplay from gamescom, BF4 has definitely added and changed and improved a huge amount to warrant a purchase, but Ghosts looks much the same and 'gimmicky'. I may get it if I have the spare money, and if my friends don't play BF4 that much, but on its own it's not looking great.

But I'll wait to see more.

fgcarva1
  • fgcarva1

Il Figlioccio

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:51 PM

Of course CoD: Ghosts, I mean, I've heard the fish move out of the way when you're swimming. The FISH DUUDE!!!

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:03 PM

Call of Duty Ghosts is a joke... nothing more nothing less. If you truly keep on supporting and buying games from a franchise this... how should you call it? Dumbed down? Made retard friendly? A parody of itself?

People say Dice/Battlefield build hype with bullsh*t announcements and stupid names (like "levolution") or spread lies? Look at what CoD does. "Destruction of the environment... dynamic everything". My ass... same shoebox maps with here and there a car that can blow up, pole that can fall down and just one spot in the wall where you can make a hole.

Both franchises have their flaws... both upcoming games will have their flaws for sure. I just believe it's getting more and more apparant which franchise is worth it in the long run and which one is not.

If you really want a fast paced, rewarding (arcade) shooter take a look at Titanfall... that looks alot better. And f*ck your sh*t if you you don't like mechs... CoD hasn't been a decent military shooter in ages so.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE (fullmetal @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 22:03)
-snip-

CoD is a game you can get into easily and have fun easily, so yeah it's going to be dumbed-down and the works.

But I do think Ghosts has gone too far with their announcements and statements, especially during the multiplayer reveal.

They said it's the most polished and beautiful multiplayer game (note: they usually say 'x CoD game), which is a flat out lie.
They said they have 'dynamic destruction', which is a lie.
They said they have a completely new next-gen engine, yet the graphics are the same.
They also said their usual bull, like 'it's pushing the envelope' and 'creating a new experience' which have been flat out lies for every game they've applied that to.

With battlefield, they just have a name to describe their new approach to dynamic maps. Sure, it's pretty buzzword-ish, but you have to give them credit for what it entails, from small-scale and large-scale destruction to waves, lights, metal detectors, doors, lifts and so on to create an actually dynamic map.

It's a good thing Ghosts seems to be focusing on the competitive side because that's it's main focal point.

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Basketballs don't hold grudges.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:18 AM

How about FPS war games just go die for about 10 to 15 years?

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:31 AM

I will be purchasing neither, but if I had to choose, I'd go with Battlefield 4.

Greasepalms
  • Greasepalms

Ya gon' dun goof'd up

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:55 AM

Neither.

However, I will probably purchase BF4 for the next gen consoles.

xrCore
  • xrCore

'MURICA

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:06 AM

Buying it on PS4 when its around $40.

Cilogy
  • Cilogy

SILL•uh•jee

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:18 AM

QUOTE (xMohawkkinGx @ Friday, May 24 2013, 20:38)
What will you buy?

Neither of them.

They're both basically slightly different variations of the same repetitive and overrated game genre that's been done to death in recent years.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:52 AM Edited by Daz, 29 August 2013 - 07:01 AM.

Battlefield 4 100%.

Battlefield should never be compared to COD, it has nothing in common with it, it is only the singleplayer portions that are similar, and Battlefield 3 was the first time a non spin off game has had a campaign part of the game, and it was f*cking terrible, just like with COD. However the Battlefield multiplayer is beyond another dimension of gaming above Call of Duty, so people who group them the same, like they are both washed up worn out ideas are f*cking idiots. And with that, if you were buying Battlefield 3 for the singleplayer, you are a fool.

I gave up on COD after it got super ridiculous with MW2, throwing knives and nukes? God damn stupidity.

Despite Ghosts having a "completely reworked" game engine it looks exactly the damn same as before and looks terrible, I can't even understand why anyone would want to play that game.

As for Battlefield 4, it may not be as fun as good as Battlefield 2 on PC or Bad Company 2 on consoles, but they are dialing back the suppression feature, so hopefully I will at least be able to kill who I am aiming at. Also 64 players on next gen consoles, f*ck yes. Finally, I have been waiting for this on consoles since BF2 came out in 2005.

Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4, have great multiplayer that no other game can match. There were some annoying things such as too much suppression and stupid weapon holding like I mentioned on the other page, but overall Battlefield 4 is the best we are going to get to that Battlefied 2 experience, which was easily hands down the best PvP Multiplayer shooter I have ever played and probably will stay that way for a long time.

I think I would rather give up gaming for good if I were forced to play another call of duty game, with the same old recycled death animations, no ragdoll, awful physics, pointless circular level design, and joke weapons.

The best analogy I have for the games is that COD is a bunch of kids running around in a cramped room playing with their toys, where as battlefield is being able to use the whole town as your playground, with vehicles and unique features that all work dnyamically and non scripted.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:36 PM

CoD players are like those kids in that little room banging their heads on their school desks that you pass on the way down the hall to recess on the playground outside. They smell funny, too.

Chris Fromage
  • Chris Fromage

Homie

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:25 PM Edited by Chris Fromage, 29 August 2013 - 06:43 PM.

QUOTE (Voodoo @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 13:36)
CoD players are like those kids in that little room banging their heads on their school desks that you pass on the way down the hall to recess on the playground outside. They smell funny, too.

Well Thank you kind sir, you smell funny too sigh.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users