Quantcast

» «
Photo

Call of Duty: Ghosts vs. Battlefield 4

115 replies to this topic

Poll: What will you buy? (177 member(s) have cast votes)

What will you buy?

1. CoD: Ghosts (12 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

2. Battlefield 4 (76 votes [45.24%])

Percentage of vote: 45.24%

3. Both (25 votes [14.88%])

Percentage of vote: 14.88%

4. Neither (55 votes [32.74%])

Percentage of vote: 32.74%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:01 PM

No, their really isn't more kids playing BF.

It's like we're playing different games entirely, COD has the most concentration of annoying children playing with headsets on any game i have ever experienced.

The kids that do play BF are usually calm and quiet, and they are largely out numbered by teenagers/adults.

Chris Fromage
  • Chris Fromage

Homie

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 14:01)

It's like we're playing different games entirely, COD has the most concentration of annoying children playing with headsets on any game i have ever experienced.

The kids that do play BF are usually calm and quiet, and they are largely out numbered by teenagers/adults.

That's what I thought first too. But the thing is (as you said): COD has the most concentration of annoying children playing WITH headsets.
The amount of kids in BF is increasing heavily but the thing is that they don't use the headset because they think the game is full of adults. They don't feel very comfortable because of the thought that their are no other kids.

I know the BF fans won't accept this, but just look at the votes. Don't tell me all those 40 voters are 18+...

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE (Chris Fromage @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 14:06)

That's what I thought first too. But the thing is (as you said): COD has the most concentration of annoying children playing WITH headsets.
The amount of kids in BF is increasing heavily but the thing is that they don't use the headset because they think the game is full of adults. They don't feel very comfortable because of the thought that their are no other kids.

I know the BF fans won't accept this, but just look at the votes. Don't tell me all those 40 voters are 18+...

Honestly, how would you know what ages those people are? I voted BF4 and i'm 22....

I agree BF has an increasing amount of children playing, that's a good thing, i guess finally some of them are figuring out that it's a better game. Kids playing it though still aren't close to being the majority i suspect, and if they don't use the headset like idiots like they do on COD then who cares?

Chris Fromage
  • Chris Fromage

Homie

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 14:07)

Honestly, how would you know what ages those people are? I voted BF4 and i'm 22....

I agree BF has an increasing amount of children playing, that's a good thing, i guess finally some of them are figuring out that it's a better game. Kids playing it though still aren't close to being the majority i suspect, and if they don't use the headset like idiots like they do on COD then who cares?

Don't worry, that will come soon.
I remember COD was known as the game of the adults from COD1-COD World at war. Then when MW2 came out, it was suddenly full of kids with their annoying voices. Same will happen to BF. You guys are proud that it is full of adults, but just wait when BF4 comes out.

PS: Their was a poll once were you could vote your age and you won't believe how many were under the 18....

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:14 PM

I don't think most children choose BF, i think their attention spans are more suited to the quicker pace of COD. I know some kids who play these games and they all agree COD is the best, they say they hate having to run to the action on BF, and the maps are too big and they get owned out of nowhere, things like that.

Granted i know some kids who think BF is better and are fine with big maps etc, but they are really the minority. And aren't as childish while playing as the COD players.

Chris Fromage
  • Chris Fromage

Homie

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:22 PM

I respect your thoughts, but believe me. "History repeats itself. "
When Allied Assault came out, it was full of adults. Later in the series, kids took it over.
When COD1 came out, it was full of adults. Later in the series, kids left Medal of Honor and took COD it over.
Now, when BF4 will come out, kids will start leaving COD and play that game.

It the same with every genre of games.
Like when FIFA was known as a game full of kids, and now not anymore while PES was full of adults and now full of kids.

These things just happen. I am into games for more then 25 years, and I see this happen almost every time.

xMohawkkinGx
  • xMohawkkinGx

Playa

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:02 PM

It's inevitable no doubt but it's the matter that in CoD you always hear about kids yelling over the mic. In BF not at all.

twinkiller
  • twinkiller

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:12 PM

Neither because BF 4 looks the same to me and call of duty ghosts is the exact same way. I really thought that there would be a new engine powering the game this year but infinity ward said that it is just an upgraded version of the engine they have been using for the LAST 6 YEARS!!! AHHHHHHHH angry.gif

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 14:07)

I'm 14 and I played both but never used a mic but i prefer playing BF for Multiplayer and CoD for single player

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE (twinkiller @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 18:12)
Neither because BF 4 looks the same to me and call of duty ghosts is the exact same way. I really thought that there would be a new engine powering the game this year but infinity ward said that it is just an upgraded version of the engine they have been using for the LAST 6 YEARS!!! AHHHHHHHH angry.gif

Every time they announce a new engine , they later tell people that it is a modified version , but what i expect that they have a new engine in development and when it's full ready , they'll use it

xMohawkkinGx
  • xMohawkkinGx

Playa

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:53 PM

That will never happen. All they are going to do is continue adding more and more to the old engines.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:46 PM

Neither. I despise multiplayer-focused, military First person shooters.

Jake
  • Jake

Vagina Mine

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:17 AM

I'll get both again just like I did last time with MW3 and BF3.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:26 AM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 12:06)
QUOTE (gpcguy1 @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 19:18)
QUOTE (GunWrath @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 19:09)
QUOTE (gpcguy1 @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 13:34)
QUOTE (xMohawkkinGx @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 18:02)
QUOTE (gpcguy1 @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 17:52)
Not Call of Duty since I don't enjoy playing linear, restricted games.

Battlefield 4 looks like it will be another CoD/BF hybrid like BF3. Hopefully they go back to their roots and make it where teamwork is the main focus. Otherwise Battlefield will be labeled as a CoD clone by me.

Battlefield came out before CoD so you can't label it as a CoD clone.

I can if BF started copying Call of Duty.
BF used to be about teamwork.

Now it's very easy to lone wolf with all the nooby features.
Don't deny that battlefield has been dumbed down.

Battlefield in no way is copying Call of Duty? Lol. Nooby features? There isn't perks in Battlefield unlike Call of Duty. Yeah they have different ammo types but that's typical and more real and better sought than some Lightweight/Martydom/Juggernaut/Double Explosives on one class, silly guy. Battlefield isn't like the BF2 days but that's due to technology and hardly no limits other than console performance and time.

Call of Duty is the same generated sh*t each year. Just different weapons and now you have drones/star wars walking f*cking AI machine guns and sh*t?? O.o Atleast Battlefield is moving through the near future in a complex way, not rushed and thrown out there with nano suits and gloves that make oyu cling to the side of mountains.

I'm definitely rolling with Battlefield 4. Larger maps, Vehicles, Teamplay, More exciting moments and of course, Destruction!

The noob features im talking about are; health regen, makes medpacks useless and allows people to easily lone wolf
killcam, eliminates the need to communicate and having a recon
high amounts of health, this + regen helps solo play even more
Showing on the map when shooting; ruins element of suprise, punishes for shooting, eliminates even more need of communication and makes manual spotting less effective and useful.

Because games have to conform to all types of players, so elements like that are throw out there for the more casual or newer gamer.

If you want a better experience, play Hardcore. No regen, short health, blah blah.. You can't bash an entire game because you play on Core with easy settings. That goes for every game, each games has to tone down certain parts of a game to allow for it to fit with all genres of gamers.

Moral of the story, Battlefield is still better than COD man. Hands down.. but I agree with other people that say, 'COD is good if you have time to waste or just want a quicker run n gun way to play' .. Then sure, go for it. But for an actual decent military FPS, Battlefield conquers that so far on console.

I only played Hardcore in BF3, but I just think it's sad that they HAVE to cater to little kids/casual players.
Normal Mode: Call of Duty 2.0
Hardcore: Normal BF gameplay
So if they continue attempting to make a call of duty, f*ck em.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:41 AM

I bet most of the people moaning about COD will get it anyway like they always do, just not admitting it tounge.gif Because i have noticed a pattern regarding a few members who rip COD to shreds but i see at least one title in their Xbox recently played list.

Chris Fromage
  • Chris Fromage

Homie

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:47 AM

QUOTE (tms_junk @ Monday, May 27 2013, 09:41)
I bet most of the people moaning about COD will get it anyway like they always do, just not admitting it tounge.gif Because i have noticed a pattern regarding a few members who rip COD to shreds but i see at least one title in their Xbox recently played list.

Same,
I know someone who says he hates COD, but has played it more then any other game on his PS3 biggrin.gif

Most people just hate it because others do. There are lot's of people who say they hate everything about COD, but can't count 3 things when you ask what they hate tounge.gif

tooformay
  • tooformay

master of corny jokes

• Members

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:57 AM

Battlefield 4 looks exactly like Battlefield 3 and we haven't seen anything about new CoD yet so I have no idea. Need to wait.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:22 AM

QUOTE (Chris Fromage @ Monday, May 27 2013, 09:47)
QUOTE (tms_junk @ Monday, May 27 2013, 09:41)
I bet most of the people moaning about COD will get it anyway like they always do, just not admitting it  tounge.gif Because i have noticed a pattern regarding a few members who rip COD to shreds but i see at least one title in their Xbox recently played list.

Same,
I know someone who says he hates COD, but has played it more then any other game on his PS3 biggrin.gif

Most people just hate it because others do. There are lot's of people who say they hate everything about COD, but can't count 3 things when you ask what they hate tounge.gif

Some people just hop on the bandwagon. Don't get me wrong i know there are a few members here who despise Call of Duty now for reasons so often stated by them in the various COD topics, I'm not saying everyone secretly loves it. But i know a few of the users here follow the more passionate members because they can't think of much else to say.

Hvitdverg
  • Hvitdverg

ExTRAZZ

• Members

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:46 AM

I'm moaning about : ghosts, but I'll get it anyways. Such weak MIND biggrin.gif

Tyler
  • Tyler

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

• Unknown
  • Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:57 AM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 04:53)
Neither. They will both be the same sh*t with slightly shinier graphics. Just play the ones that you already have.

Funny enough, that's why I'm buying both: I don't have any version of either. tounge.gif

I loved Black Ops 1 and Battlefield BC 1. Haven't played either series since then, really. I'll probably get BF4 for the vehicle/demolition f*ckery, and Ghost for the zany campaign and chance to yell at children over a microphone. That second part is like 90% of the reason I even have an Xbox Gold subscription.

Simon_V
  • Simon_V

Red Dead Undead

• Members

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:40 AM

I just hope the Singleplayer Story will be 10h+ in both games.

tuareg
  • tuareg

Goodbye, John Marston. It's been a great pleasure!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:52 AM

I dont care for single player in BF, but it seems like they're going to put a lot more focus on it. I actually liked the singleplayer campaign on BF3. It had a green zone vibe to it albeit with more action obviously. If it was 5 more hours longer it could have been great.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:55 AM

Really there's comparisson between Cod and BF?

Anyway, I ended kind of bored of Battlefield 3; it started as a great game, I really enjoyed it but after so many balances and unbalances of weapons and DLCs in multiplayer it started to be annoying. Bf4 looks amazing in terms of graphics and these new physics and factors affecting the gamplay (waves, weather, etc) sounds cool, but the game itself just looks as an extended Bf3.
By other hand, I'm so tired of the modern war videogames; there are other eras to explore, the 'Nam, an hypothetical Third World War set in the Cold War between USA and USSR, hell, even going back to the Second World War.

Anyhow, I'm intrigued about the naval war that is rumoured to be in Bf4, that might change my opinion about that game.

In any case, it's clearly that if I had to choose between Cod and BF, I'd choose BF.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• United-Kingdom
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:59 AM Edited by Raavi, 27 May 2013 - 12:03 PM.

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 11:53)
Neither. They will both be the same sh*t with slightly shinier graphics. Just play the ones that you already have.

This x 10 ^ ∞. The thing about an FPS like COD and BF is, it always will stay just that, A shooter. So COD 2008 or COD 2013 is the exact same thing just with updated graphics and 'realistic acting' fish.

<Yang3
  • <Yang3

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:29 PM

BF had the same engine since 2008. But nobody complained because it is good, realistic. Unlike COD's w/c gets boring real quick. Hence the abundance of complaints about the age of the engine.
Second, Frostbite delivers large amount of changes among its new iterations unlike the IW engine, w/c was very insignificant.

xMohawkkinGx
  • xMohawkkinGx

Playa

• Members

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:25 PM

Exactly. The Frostbite engine is almost revamped every one or two main BF games. BF: Bad Company- 1.0; BF 1943- 1.5; BF: Bad Company 2- 1.5; Battlefield 3- 2.0; Battlefield 4- 3.0.

<Yang3
  • <Yang3

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:14 PM

QUOTE (xMohawkkinGx @ Monday, May 27 2013, 23:25)
Exactly. The Frostbite engine is almost revamped every one or two main BF games. BF: Bad Company- 1.0; BF 1943- 1.5; BF: Bad Company 2- 1.5; Battlefield 3- 2.0; Battlefield 4- 3.0.

That's why it never gets old.
Unlike COD, the only things I've seen changed were gun sounds, TBH.
Graphics and Physics were the same from MW2 onward. suicidal.gif suicidal.gif

the utah dude
  • the utah dude

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:59 PM

Neither

Arma 3 is putting them down like the thermites explosive that collapsed the world trade center.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:32 PM

Forzum
  • Forzum

Fossy

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:16 PM

Both, but I'm a bit more "cod" player than bf player.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users