16 replies to this topic
kor0ro.k3yz
  • kor0ro.k3yz

Bah! Bah! Black Sheep

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:35 PM

heres a list of gpus available at our local store
GPU List
i was thinking of buying the PALIT GT630 1GB DDR5 128BIT or PALIT GT640 2GB SDDR3 128BIT

SlaveZer0
  • SlaveZer0

Perveyor of Destruction

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE (kor0ro.k3yz @ Friday, May 24 2013, 21:35)
heres a list of gpus available at our local store
GPU List
i was thinking of buying the PALIT GT630 1GB DDR5 128BIT or PALIT GT640 2GB SDDR3 128BIT

that is a terrible card selection they have at your local store.... what country do you live in? also i wouldnt get anything less than a gtx 660 ti... it runs the game very nice.

cdoublejj
  • cdoublejj

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:20 PM Edited by cdoublejj, 25 May 2013 - 02:24 PM.

Works like this, the firs number is the graphics car series number. The next number if the level of performance, 5 is mid range any thing above is above mid range any thing under 5 is below average. The next number is how fast THAT model is, similar to the middle number 5 is average.

GTX630; it is a 600 series card. it is a gtx630 and is below average. gtx630 it is a normal gtx630.

HD7870; it is a 7000 series card. HD7870 it is high range card and is well above the number 5. HD7870 it is a 70 which is above 5 or 50, it is an above average HD7800 card.

If you HAVE to choose from those cards, the HD7770 or the GTX650Ti. The GTX650Ti is the fastest of the two cards.

http://www.hwcompare...radeon-hd-7770/

http://www.tomshardw.../390964-33-7770

kor0ro.k3yz
  • kor0ro.k3yz

Bah! Bah! Black Sheep

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:15 PM Edited by kor0ro.k3yz, 26 May 2013 - 01:21 PM.

@SlaveZer0 phillipines. i know, they sound nice but i dont to be rip off again. so im asking for suggestions confused.gif

@cdoublejj thanks to your hardware know how, i just learned something O.o biggrin.gif

looks like the HD 7770 is the winner, there goes my 1month salary suicidal.gif

I didnt see any GTX650Ti on the list so im going for HD 7770

Extronic
  • Extronic

Disconnected from game session.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE (kor0ro.k3yz @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 16:15)
looks like the HD 7770 is the winner, there goes my 1month salary  suicidal.gif

Nah dont bullshїt us, even in Eestern Yuropp its possible to obtain a HD7970 card within a limit of their awerage month salary. Speaking of that, id rather buy a reasonably priced HD7870, there will be no use of upper class graphics - until GTA V on PC, pray for proper optimization beeechaz!

highnrich
  • highnrich

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:48 PM

wait for hd 8970 20nm

luceberg
  • luceberg

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:02 PM

Graphics card choice depends on other hardware and what resolution you play at. With a fairly slow cpu, a HD7770 will play at full HD with high settings. With a fast quad core, it would struggle at that resolution, but at say 1440x900 could be ok.

kor0ro.k3yz
  • kor0ro.k3yz

Bah! Bah! Black Sheep

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:28 PM

@Extronic my monthly is below 8000, mostly below 7000 as a AA1 worker at a goverment office in the phillipines, but you have a point. maybe i should wait for GTA V. if rockstar's gonna release a PC version thats is optimize.

@highnrich best for me to get that is buying online.

@luceberg 1024x800 my LED monitor broke so im using a CRT now, my PPC has a i7-2600 and 6G of memory. and a weak GT 220,

luceberg
  • luceberg

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:48 PM

That is a quite powerful cpu, but the HD7770 will be fine at your resolution.

kor0ro.k3yz
  • kor0ro.k3yz

Bah! Bah! Black Sheep

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:02 PM

luceberg thanks lucenberg, but planning to buy a new Monitor soon, so the GPU upgrade will benfit from that. as state by Extronic GTA V is coming soon, will wait for thous complains "My PC cant run this!"

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Die Hoodrat DIE!!!

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:42 AM

GTA V won't be here before march 2014, and the morons IN CHARGE of game design at Rockstar may make the PC game version delay even more than that. They delayed EFLC for six months and the game was still broke as hel! I BOUGHT THE GAME AT LAUNCH thinking they fixed all gta IV problems and couldn't sleep for a week i was so mad. and some bugs, like needing game reactivation if we add an extra hard drive\ssd for swap files, still needing to be addressed properly.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:06 AM

GTA V won't be here before march 2014

Actually, according to Rockstar's website, it comes out September 17, 2013 for X-Box 360 AND PS3, so where did you get a 2014 release date? Just Curious? confused.gif

kor0ro.k3yz
  • kor0ro.k3yz

Bah! Bah! Black Sheep

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:05 PM

@radioman Its PC version not Ps3, Xbox 360 or PS4, Xbox One.

@unc13bud lol wish they dont fail on GTA V devil.gif

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:44 PM

Its PC version not Ps3, Xbox 360 or PS4, Xbox One

First off, there is NO such thing as a PS4-ONLY PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP, PSVita...? Also, the PC version has not even been announced, so we do not even know IF they intend on creating one(after all the complaining people did with IV, a V PC port *may not* happen..) Plus an X-Box One port has a very slim chance, as it is a new console, so pretty much ONLY the rich people would have one, which would kill sales on that platform, as new consoles usually go for $400+(like the PS3 was for example at release)..

However, with IV, what people do not see is that it was just like GTA III was-if you remember back to 2002 when III came out for PC, it was the first 3-D port from the PS2 console, so it had it's problems back in the day(which was fixed by ONE Patch), however, the patch became obsolete with newer Video cards and drivers..Then when VC was released, it improved on the PC version(again ONLY ONE patch, which became obsolete with the newer Video cards/drivers...) and SA pretty much had NO problems, as the ONLY patch it had was for V1 games ONLY and was for the Hot Coffee controversy that was going around, which caused a V2 game to be released to avoid an AO rating which would have killed sales, due to a lot of stores refusing to sell AO rated games(I know Wal-Mart, Target, K-Mart do this)-and since those are big chain stores, that would have meant a lot of loss sales if the AO rating would have stood. V2 and V3 games of SA had NO Patches(I know I have both of those versions)..IV was the same way-a FIRST port from the 360 console, so that means IF V is the same port, it would more than likely improve, as VC did over III and SA did over VC?

Also, I have noticed that 99% of people who complain about problems with IV are either trying to run the game on below minimum(ie. an Intel OR VIA/SIS Video card)/a PC that barely meets minimum OR people who are using Mods/Trainers(which by the way are NOT approved nor released by Rockstar Games, so if they mess up your game, it is YOUR fault NOT theirs)...Only about 1% of people have problems with legit, non-modded games that are being run on systems that at least meet minimum specs and are not trying to run the game on too high of settings. Just something I noticed from previous topics on this board. confused.gif

kor0ro.k3yz
  • kor0ro.k3yz

Bah! Bah! Black Sheep

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE (radioman @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 04:44)

First off, there is NO such thing as a PS4-ONLY PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP, PSVita...? Also, the PC version has not even been announced, so we do not even know IF they intend on creating one(after all the complaining people did with IV, a V PC port *may not* happen..) Plus an X-Box One port has a very slim chance, as it is a new console, so pretty much ONLY the rich people would have one, which would kill sales on that platform, as new consoles usually go for $400+(like the PS3 was for example at release)..

However, with IV, what people do not see is that it was just like GTA III was-if you remember back to 2002 when III came out for PC, it was the first 3-D port from the PS2 console, so it had it's problems back in the day(which was fixed by ONE Patch), however, the patch became obsolete with newer Video cards and drivers..Then when VC was released, it improved on the PC version(again ONLY ONE patch, which became obsolete with the newer Video cards/drivers...) and SA pretty much had NO problems, as the ONLY patch it had was for V1 games ONLY and was for the Hot Coffee controversy that was going around, which caused a V2 game to be released to avoid an AO rating which would have killed sales, due to a lot of stores refusing to sell AO rated games(I know Wal-Mart, Target, K-Mart do this)-and since those are big chain stores, that would have meant a lot of loss sales if the AO rating would have stood. V2 and V3 games of SA had NO Patches(I know I have both of those versions)..IV was the same way-a FIRST port from the 360 console, so that means IF V is the same port, it would more than likely improve, as VC did over III and SA did over VC?

Also, I have noticed that 99% of people who complain about problems with IV are either trying to run the game on below minimum(ie. an Intel OR VIA/SIS Video card)/a PC that barely meets minimum OR people who are using Mods/Trainers(which by the way are NOT approved nor released by Rockstar Games, so if they mess up your game, it is YOUR fault NOT theirs)...Only about 1% of people have problems with legit, non-modded games that are being run on systems that at least meet minimum specs and are not trying to run the game on too high of settings. Just something I noticed from previous topics on this board. confused.gif

all true. im buying a new GPU anyways. thinking about it GTA IV came from PS/xbox360 and GTA V will be released on the same consoles too, maybe its PC port system Requirements will be the same as GTA IV, Maybe....

Extronic
  • Extronic

Disconnected from game session.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE (radioman @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 23:44)

First off, there is NO such thing as a PS4

Well, its safe to say there is PS4, everyone has seen a sign "PS4 Coming 2013" at the Champions League Final few days ago.

QUOTE (radioman @ Friday, May 25 2013, 23:12)
after all the complaining people did with IV, a V  PC port *may not* happen..

Cmon, we both know there will be a PC port, knowing that its just basically yet another way to get some extra cash off PS3/XBOX owners, who are willing to pay more for essentially the very same game.

QUOTE (radioman @ Friday, May 25 2013, 23:12)
Only about 1% of people have problems with legit, non-modded games that are being run on systems that at least meet minimum specs and are not trying to run the game on too high of settings. Just something I noticed from previous topics on this board.  confused.gif

They could at least have noticed us that the game will run alright but look like shїt at minimum specs, it will look like shїt even at recommended specs, and that you most probably have to dig thru the sites/forums to get a proper commandline.txt for your needs. Great.

@kor0ro.k3yz: alrite, buying online is always the best way, price-wise. So yeah, HD7870 (or its Nvidia equivalent) is gonna be the best pick for resolutions up to FullHD. Speaking of optimization i mentioned, its about the effort R* puts onto their games, GTA IV was so poorly coded it was awful, however VC and SA were kinda alright if not perfect.

kor0ro.k3yz
  • kor0ro.k3yz

Bah! Bah! Black Sheep

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:43 PM Edited by kor0ro.k3yz, 01 June 2013 - 07:28 AM.

both VC and SA were alright but SA has some reflection problems.yes buying online is the best way. just have to wait for a long time to get it. maybe a month or so....

EDIT:
ok im new to sapphire gpus. where and what to download? i have 3 things available to me

HydraVision Package

ATI Catalyst Application Profiles

Catalyst Software Suite

what are this 3 and wheres the driver?

just google Catalyst Software Suite has the driver and ATI Catalyst Application Profiles is the GPU tweaking tool. i think..

just to played. game looks nice at high resolutions 3:) really quiet too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users