Photo

Price too low for the game?

79 replies to this topic
Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:50 PM

I don't give a damn if there are other threads like this out there, what the f*ck? Some people think that we should pay like $500 for this game due to all its contents, what the f*ck is it with you people? Not to mention that in other countries the prices are even higher than the dollar.

I don't get it, don't you people work? Are your parents that rich that you can afford a 1k game? I don't really get it. bored.gif
I see people suggesting that the CE is still low for 150 euros, guess what, not everyone is rich. I am not even on the medium level to afford a game whenever my muscles want.

Jesus I can't believe that some of you actually justify that some games should be higher priced due to their contents. :|

/rant

Polish_Trucker
  • Polish_Trucker

It's the Hoff, I've been on this beach since Baywatch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:51 PM

You haven't mastered the internet I see... There most likely trolling

AceHigh11
  • AceHigh11

Homie

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:52 PM

I agree man. tounge.gif

d3ex2
  • d3ex2

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:53 PM

40 is the most I ever pay for a PS3 game. 45 at a push. Can hardly afford that a lot of the time. I usually wait weeks/months to buy my games and usually I get them second hand unless the game needs an online pass code.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:54 PM

^ Exactly, my parents never even allowed me to purchase original games until I explained to them why it is important (mostly for MP and I hate piracy tbh), I barely can convince them to give me some extra cash to get a game and I see people claiming that 60 euros is too low for a GTA game, games shouldn't even be that expensive at all.

dontdieb4september
  • dontdieb4september

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (d3ex2 @ Friday, May 24 2013, 16:53)
40 is the most I ever pay for a PS3 game. 45 at a push. Can hardly afford that a lot of the time. I usually wait weeks/months to buy my games. Usually I get them second hand unless the game needs an online pass code.

I could afford more but I wouldnt pay it.. I find it bizarre to see people shelling out 130? lol but its their money so they can buy what they want. icon14.gif icon13.gif

mikeinthahouse
  • mikeinthahouse

Rockford Hills Resident

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:56 PM

I think someone bought a collectors edition for 360 and PS3

Johan
  • Johan

Super!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:57 PM

While I agree that the CE isn't low, it's still optional.. I spend almost 4,000$ worth of games a year on all consoles combined but I don't think the game is even worth 500$ sure it has a lot of content but that's no reason to give it special treatments with the price, full games should be 60$ and lower, anything higher than that is beyond stupid.

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE (Happyness @ Friday, May 24 2013, 16:50)
I don't give a damn if there are other threads like this out there, what the f*ck? Some people think that we should pay like $500 for this game due to all its contents, what the f*ck is it with you people? Not to mention that in other countries the prices are even higher than the dollar.

I don't get it, don't you people work? Are your parents that rich that you can afford a 1k game? I don't really get it. bored.gif
I see people suggesting that the CE is still low for 150 euros, guess what, not everyone is rich. I am not even on the medium level to afford a game whenever my muscles want.

Jesus I can't believe that some of you actually justify that some games should be higher priced due to their contents. :|

/rant

Then don't buy it. Simple as that. You'll only miss out on two vehicles, a few side missions and some minor cosmetic things.

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:59 PM

Sleepy, long time no speak buddy! wink.gif

I wouldn't ever pay more than 40 for a game, or 60 for special. f*ck the Collectors Ed, I'm not spending 120 for a gay hat, little bag and key.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:00 PM

^ That should've been in the damn normal edition not a f*cking $90 extra content... That's my damned point. Also my other point was people claim that the game is priced too low for its contents, and they're NOT trolling.

Edit; Get on skype Flash. :3

bluetops
  • bluetops

Chupacabra

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:00 PM

Some people sh*t money. Or they're a politician, or a money launderer. Or a leader of a religion, or a cult, or a religious cult.

dontdieb4september
  • dontdieb4september

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE (bluetops @ Friday, May 24 2013, 17:00)
Some people sh*t money. Or they're a politician, or a money launderer. Or a leader of a religion, or a cult, or a religious cult.

Its not really that big of an amount of money to a person with a regular income and a decent job.. Its is a lot to spend on 1 single game though. Especially when you get nothing that makes it worth it for such a higher price.

bluetops
  • bluetops

Chupacabra

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE (dontdieb4september @ Friday, May 24 2013, 17:04)

Its not really that big of an amount of money to a person with a regular income and a decent job.. Its is a lot to spend on 1 single game though. Especially when you get nothing that makes it worth it for such a higher price.

I just find it annoying that people want to make the price higher than the listed. That's totally impractical, unnatural - complete utter bullsh*t. (Unless you do sh*t money)

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:08 PM

Err. dontdieb4september not every country in this world has the same income you know? The average where I live atm (Jordan) is around 250JDs. Which is ... $353.36 Same applies to some Eastern European countries. And many more.

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE (Happyness @ Friday, May 24 2013, 16:54)
^ Exactly, my parents never even allowed me to purchase original games until I explained to them why it is important (mostly for MP and I hate piracy tbh), I barely can convince them to give me some extra cash to get a game and I see people claiming that 60 euros is too low for a GTA game, games shouldn't even be that expensive at all.

people pay millions for a picture that was painted by a drunk or whatever centuries ago. it's not easy to pinpoint an exact value for art.

noone here says that 100 bucks or whatever are quick-change to them, but they say that games by R* are worth more than the usual, because R* games are everything BUT the usual, and so they're willing to pay the price for that product.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:12 PM

No game is worth over 40 to me. As for these editions they bring out I often find them to be overpriced. It's not about been able to afford it it's just common sense to me. 40 for the game(all I really care about) or 15 - 80 more for crap that will just collect dust. I'd rather spend that 80 on another game and having a night out at the pub or spend it elsewhere. The 15 I save could be used towards a game or a few casual beers. I'll buy the in-game items when they are on PSN or unlock them in the game. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Andreas
  • Andreas

• V Staff
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:12 PM

I don't think that the ones who say that mean it literally. They mean that the game is so good compared to the majority of games out there, because the quality is far superior for example, that it would be worth to pay more money for it. That's not something you should take literally. I could be wrong though, maybe there are really people who are willing to pay $500 or more for a single game but that's just the minority.

JoyDivision
  • JoyDivision

WARSAW

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:13 PM

be thankful you can buy the game at all, you wouldn't have been able to under ceausescu.

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:14 PM

QUOTE (dontdieb4september @ Friday, May 24 2013, 17:04)

It's not just A game....it's R* on top of their "game". THE game.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:14 PM

I used to be on a SA:MP community that had donations of $500, yes, $500, with picture confirmation via paypal, a lot of people used to give that, just for a f*cking server to get an extra vehicle in game. bored.gif

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:18 PM Edited by Ferocious Banger, 24 May 2013 - 05:20 PM.

QUOTE (Happyness @ Friday, May 24 2013, 22:24)

user posted image

I was jumped on by a few rabid dogs fans yesterday. You are going to suffer the same fate. So, get ready, young man!

Calanguento
  • Calanguento

Citizen

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE (Happyness @ Friday, May 24 2013, 14:00)
^ That should've been in the damn normal edition not a f*cking $90 extra content... That's my damned point. Also my other point was people claim that the game is priced too low for its contents, and they're NOT trolling.

Edit; Get on skype Flash. :3

The most f*cked up thing about that CE is that the classic avatars for multiplayer are exclusive for that f*cking overpriced CE. Well played, huh Rockstar? Putting the best digital feature only on CE because they knew most players (like me) would be excited for these classic avatars... at least that's what I think.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:25 PM

I don't know why none of my fellow comrades here in this thread came over to my "rant" thread yesterday to aide me. I was almost waging a lone battle. bored.gif

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:32 PM

Well, thanks for the aid FB. wink.gif You can have a "war" here.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE (Happyness @ Friday, May 24 2013, 17:14)
I used to be on a SA:MP community that had donations of $500, yes, $500, with picture confirmation via paypal, a lot of people used to give that, just for a f*cking server to get an extra vehicle in game. bored.gif

Some people care deeply about their server and want to contribute. If someone can afford to contribute $500 to something they like why shouldnt they be able to?

AceHigh11
  • AceHigh11

Homie

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Friday, May 24 2013, 17:25)
I don't know why none of my fellow comrades here in this thread came over to my "rant" thread yesterday to aide me. I was almost waging a lone battle. bored.gif

Pff why battle with people who only throw around ad hominem insults. I think you were overreacting with "R* is a disgrace" in that other topic, but you definitely made some fair points. Nothing more I can do than point that out and ignore all the other crap.

japse123
  • japse123

Homie

• Members

I dont think the majority donated 500$ to get a extra vehicle. It is more to support the server.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

QUOTE (Calanguento @ Friday, May 24 2013, 18:21)
The most f*cked up thing about that CE is that the classic avatars for multiplayer are exclusive for that f*cking overpriced CE. .

Buy when they are avaible to everyone problem solved. The people who buy these editions are already paying more for this content and the physical items.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE (japse123 @ Friday, May 24 2013, 20:38)

I dont think the majority donated 500$ to get a extra vehicle. It is more to support the server.

Yes, but $500 is still a ridiculous amount, sure people do what they want with their money, but I still find it ridiculous.

Edit: Not to mention that the owner used to use the server money for his own benefits, such as upgrading his Mercedes and whatnot, at the end he sold the server for some thousands of bucks, wasn't even that big of a community, 100 players at most.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users