» «
Photo

Pre-Order

21 replies to this topic
Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:48 PM Edited by Chekoloco, 24 May 2013 - 04:52 PM.

How R* will know if anyone Pre-Order the game one day before the launch, to "Activate" the Blimp, weapons, stunts....of the Special and Collectors Edition???

How it will work??? Iīm confused.. confused.gif

Because, you can buy the Special and Collectors Edition after the realeae...so if you do it you canīt play with the new weapons, blimp, stunts, tattos???

Polish_Trucker
  • Polish_Trucker

It's the Hoff, I've been on this beach since Baywatch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:49 PM

I think the blimp will be in all versions of the game.. but the free weapons, plane stunts etc you will at least need the special edition..

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE (Polish_Trucker @ Friday, May 24 2013, 16:49)
I think the blimp will be in all versions of the game.. but the free weapons, plane stunts etc you will at least need the special edition..

You mean the discs fo the Special and Collectors Edition contains the weapons, tattoos, stunts and everything else???

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE (Chekoloco @ Friday, May 24 2013, 16:57)
QUOTE (Polish_Trucker @ Friday, May 24 2013, 16:49)

You mean the discs fo the Special and Collectors Edition contains the weapons, tattoos, stunts and everything else???

Nah, those versions of the game will come packaged with codes that you enter into a menu to download/unlock the content.

dee8ball
  • dee8ball

*clap... *clap... *clap...

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:02 PM

^ ph34r.gif

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:03 PM

Yep codes is the answer to this question.

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE (wwinterj @ Friday, May 24 2013, 17:03)

And Blimps??? I think this will be on any version no matter if you buy it after or before the release...

webbo254
  • webbo254

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE (Chekoloco @ Friday, May 24 2013, 17:04)

And Blimps??? I think this will be on any version no matter if you buy it after or before the release...

The first batch of games sent to stores for preorders will contain codes to unlock the blimp and the other content.

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE (webbo254 @ Friday, May 24 2013, 17:13)

The first batch of games sent to stores for preorders will contain codes to unlock the blimp and the other content.

And what about if you buy ir on December? (Special, collectors, stock editions?)

webbo254
  • webbo254

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE (Chekoloco @ Friday, May 24 2013, 17:16)

And what about if you buy ir on December? (Special, collectors, stock editions?)

You wont get access to the blimp...

If you cant still buy the special and collectors editions in december then you will get all the bonus's.

Its only the blimp that is technically a preorder only bonus.

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:51 PM Edited by Chekoloco, 24 May 2013 - 05:54 PM.

QUOTE (webbo254 @ Friday, May 24 2013, 17:43)
QUOTE (Chekoloco @ Friday, May 24 2013, 17:16)

You wont get access to the blimp...

If you cant still buy the special and collectors editions in december then you will get all the bonus's.

Its only the blimp that is technically a preorder only bonus.

Well thatīs a little arrogant from R*.... many people canīt pre-order the game...So they canīt use the Blimps.... confused.gif

harry246
  • harry246

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:08 PM Edited by harry246, 24 May 2013 - 06:14 PM.

The blimp will be available to anyone who pre-orders the game.

That means if you previously pre-ordered it or are planning to soon you will get access to it. If you pre-ordered it days, weeks or even months ago you don't need to change anything at all.

I'm not sure if the blimp will be available to people who purchase the game after it has been released. Perhaps someone should ask R*.
A possibility might be that customers who did not pre-order a copy of the game can purchase a code to unlock the blimp at a later date.

A code will be supplied probably inside the instruction booklet that will allow access to the blimp.

The blimp will be included in all versions of the game and rockstar are only using it to generate more pre-orders.

All other DLC is exclusive to the special and collectors editions of the game and will be redeemable at any time. However its likely the DLC included with the special and collectors editions will be available to purchase for everyone at a later date.

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE (harry246 @ Friday, May 24 2013, 18:08)

That means if you previously pre-ordered it or are planning to soon you will get access to it. If you pre-ordered it days, weeks or even months ago you don't need to change anything at all.

I'm not sure if the blimp will be available to people who purchase the game after it has been released. Perhaps someone should ask R*.
A possibility might be that customers who did not pre-order a copy of the game can purchase a code to unlock the blimp at a later date.

A code will be supplied probably inside the instruction booklet that will allow access to the blimp.

The blimp will be included in all versions of the game and rockstar are only using it to generate more pre-orders.

All other DLC is exclusive to the special and collectors editions of the game and will be redeemable at any time. However its likely the DLC included with the special and collectors editions will be available to purchase for everyone at a later date.

"""A code will be supplied probably inside the instruction booklet that will allow access to the blimp.""" Even if we buy the game after the release??

ed72o
  • ed72o

Thug

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE (Chekoloco @ Friday, May 24 2013, 18:16)
Even if we buy the game after the release??

No

harry246
  • harry246

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (Chekoloco @ Friday, May 24 2013, 18:16)
QUOTE (harry246 @ Friday, May 24 2013, 18:08)

"""A code will be supplied probably inside the instruction booklet that will allow access to the blimp.""" Even if we buy the game after the release??

No. Not initially.

But eventually Rockstar will PROBABLY enable the blimp for all customers either for free (which is unlikely) or you'll have to pay a small fee to unlock it.

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:46 PM

haha the confusion over this issue is hilarious....I gotta admit I don't know what's what anymore either, but then again I don't really care. I'll just get the Season Pass when it's avaialbe or I pick a few DLCs individually that I like most.

guitarviking
  • guitarviking

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:05 PM

Well, dunno how it'll work in other countries, but Gamestop called me up 3 hours ago and asked if I wanted to upgrade my preorder to the gamestop exclusive smile.gif (Only cost like 10 bucks more, so I said sure!)

But try calling up gamestop or whatever you have if you're doubting.

(This was in Denmark btw.)

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:07 PM

Next to the disk inside the box there's a voucher code, put that in the digital store of your console and it'll make you download it.

And even after release you can still use those codes to get the bonuses

ChocoFrosty
  • ChocoFrosty

Trolley Surfing

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:09 PM

Don't they sometimes print out a code on your receipt?

Scampi
  • Scampi

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:12 PM

I hope it's not the receipt method. Those are so unreliable. I knew a guy in school who got some pre-order receipt code that ended up not working and the store told him he was out of luck. The only time I've done it was with RDR and Amazon emailed the code out. I actually never used it so I don't know how reliable that is.

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (ChocoFrosty @ Friday, May 24 2013, 15:09)
Don't they sometimes print out a code on your receipt?

I think it's sometimes when you order it in person, when buying it online they usually email you it or have it inside the box

GTA Master Blaster
  • GTA Master Blaster

JustMe

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:18 PM

Am I right in thinking that EVERYONE who pre-orders ANY edition of GTAV will get the blimp???

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users