Photo

Quick tip

166 replies to this topic
Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

The Killer Hills Killer

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:07 AM

The garage itself doesn't feel to me like it even fits in in the narrative, it's like these three guys one of whom has just met the other two, and one who's just gotten back into town all co-own a garage a sports bike and a hot rod together. dontgetit.gif

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:13 AM

Perhaps it will be owned solely by one of them.

It would make sense for any of the three.

Franklin has the bike and the custom car because he's a great driver and LA has a huge car culture

Trevor...because the HotKnife kinda fits his white trashy trashness

Michael perhaps has some of the toys of his youth stashed away somewhere

It would be sort of weird if all three could access it straight from the beginning...but I'd be willing to accepting that awkwardness for early access to a garage.

MuXu96
  • MuXu96

Peon

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:47 AM

the "extremly" limited" thingy is a marketing strat guys.. everyone will get his col or special edition if he wants, okey maybe some shops are really pretty limited, but at least online there are more than enough so don't worry ^^
The only problem is that it is unlikely to get the game on release date online.

KiiWiiDeee
  • KiiWiiDeee

Liberty City's finest.

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:51 AM

I preordered mins as soon as I got home on the 26th. Collectors Edition, baby!

copperrobber
  • copperrobber

My idol is Sam Houser

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE (DE4TH @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 02:32)
QUOTE (copperrobber @ Friday, May 24 2013, 23:35)
QUOTE (DE4TH @ Friday, May 24 2013, 14:33)
QUOTE (stee-vo @ Friday, May 24 2013, 13:18)
yeah what the hell is that about?

I was gonna buy it because i thought it was 1000kr, but it turns out it was 1800kr....

Actually I've done some research and I think the price is just a placeholder.

Hahaahahah that sounded so funny, you 'reasearched' , it says in the desc on webhallen that it may be a placeholder, but when cdon also has the same price I don't think it's just a placeholder , anyhow it sucks that its so expensive.

Found a collectors edition in uk for 1200kr with free shipping overseas, but because of the size of the package they could not ship it "/

Actually I didn't see that message on Webhallen, I read on forums and other websites about how they typically put a placeholder price on certain products. I'd call that research lol smile.gif

haha okay, true smile.gif

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:03 PM

Well they aren't just gonna dissapear forever, as long as R* get money from the pre-orders they'll produce more with that earnt money, obviously it only costs like half to produce everything but they need profit. So It's probably just a marketing ploy, they go unavailable for a bit, then become available and get a huge influx of money, then unavailable etc until September 17th. So don't worry guys, it's Collectors edition, not Limited edition

Hustlebanks
  • Hustlebanks

Negrodamus Jr.

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 00:53)
Nope. I live in Connecticut. It's coming in September, so no one around here is going to even bother to pre-order it other than myself and my friend. That's the advantage of living in a whole state full old people.

I live in Connecticut and I'm not old. LOL I was the first to preorder at the collectors ed. at the gamestop I go to. so you might be right about all the old people.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE (Cutter De Blanc @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 05:57)
QUOTE (canttakemyid @ Friday, May 24 2013, 21:46)
QUOTE (Cutter De Blanc @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 00:43)
I am not your accountant. tounge2.gif

If you can preorder now, might as well, I say.

Yeah I just did. The hell with the CE though. I went SE.

The only thing that appeals to me in the CE is the Hotknife, which isn't worth $90. I doubt it's even going to be the fastest car in the game, it certainly wasn't in SA.

Well, it's a free car. I wouln't be surprised if we could buy the car in single player from a classic car dealership.

Hvitdverg
  • Hvitdverg

ExTRAZZ

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:28 PM Edited by Hvitdverg, 25 May 2013 - 07:30 PM.

Rockstar Warehouse only have 350 Collectors.
user posted image[/IMG]

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:32 PM

For a fanbase around 250.000 if not more, thats just pathetic.

Hvitdverg
  • Hvitdverg

ExTRAZZ

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 19:32)
For a fanbase around 250.000 if not more, thats just pathetic.

At least they can call it, a COLLECTORS EDITION. With a good reason. tounge.gif

Vin89
  • Vin89

Peon

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:27 PM

Bullsh*t. They won't limit the Collector's Edition. Every product is a "limited" edition. Nobody will produce a product just infinitnely. They just call it "limited" so people will not think about whether to buy the product or not. Because they might think "No, that's too much money. I won't buy it."
Considering all the crap they put in the CE some guys (not too many around here, though) would reconsider to buy it. Personally, I'd like to have the in-game stuff. All that virginity-protection gear is for those who actually want to be the guy who walks around with a LOS SANTOS hat carrying some stupid looking purse.
Just think of all the money R* wouldn't make.

Though it might seem limited now I am pretty positive there will be plenty more available if it's nearly sold out.

d3ex2
  • d3ex2

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE (Vin89 @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 22:27)
Bullsh*t. They won't limit the Collector's Edition. Every product is a "limited" edition. Nobody will produce a product just infinitnely. They just call it "limited" so people will not think about whether to buy the product or not. Because they might think "No, that's too much money. I won't buy it."
Considering all the crap they put in the CE some guys (not too many around here, though) would reconsider to buy it. Personally, I'd like to have the in-game stuff. All that virginity-protection gear is for those who actually want to be the guy who walks around with a LOS SANTOS hat carrying some stupid looking purse.
Just think of all the money R* wouldn't make.

Though it might seem limited now I am pretty positive there will be plenty more available if it's nearly sold out.

I have to disagree with you to an extent.

I think these Collector's Editions are truly limited. Not a lot of people are going to pay $100/120 for it, only the hardcore GTA fans are gonna splash out for it. Rockstar are only gonna make so many of those boxes/hats and bags. They will run out of stock and stop making them. The Special Edition isn't so bad because it's only a steel case and a map they need to produce so there will be more stock of that but still it will be limited.

A lot of games released lately are "limited" but they really aren't. You're right that they just stick it on there to get people thinking that they are buying something special. They contain digital content so they could keep producing the product for as long as they liked at a lower cost than if it were physical. They also have normal pricing as any standard version. It's not there is a premium price tag. They just use "limited" as marketing to get more sales.

Bantri
  • Bantri

I'll kill as many animals in GTA as I damn well please

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:32 AM

QUOTE (matt_be @ Friday, May 24 2013, 13:24)
Pre-order my Collector's Edition at my local GameStop yesterday. If the numbers are that limited everywhere, then I can probably look forward to being mugged on Sept. 17th at the midnight launch for my Collector's Edition.. lol.

I know right. Park close to the doors, and while in the store, open the box and put the box inside the GTA 5 deposit bad (I know it won't fit) then walk out, no one will know tounge.gif I'm debating just going the Tuesday, and skipping the midnight release. That way I can get my Collector's Edition in peace without being surrounded by hundreds of people. I'm sure there will be someone doing a live stream let's play or something comparable that Monday night I could watch to keep occupied.

copperrobber
  • copperrobber

My idol is Sam Houser

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:32 PM

my local gamestop took in 9 CE's smile.gif

Hvitdverg
  • Hvitdverg

ExTRAZZ

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:03 PM

user posted image

Why lie about the worldwide number?

BeardedxMic
  • BeardedxMic

The Bearded Bastich.

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:07 PM

This is why I was in there two days after the announcement, so I could get in before the weekend. These CE's don't last very long.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users