Quantcast

» «
Photo

Are you satisfied with the size of Los Santos?

196 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you satisfied with the size of Los Santos? (817 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you satisfied with the size of Los Santos?

1. Yes, I am satisfied (562 votes [76.78%])

Percentage of vote: 76.78%

2. No, I am not satisfied (170 votes [23.22%])

Percentage of vote: 23.22%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE (mooby345 @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 14:30)
QUOTE (Official General @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 14:26)
QUOTE (mooby345 @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 14:24)
So we know the game as a whole is going to be bigger than GTA IV, so who cares?

A good number of people care, hence why there are threads and polls about the city's map size only and NOT the whole game map size.

It's not really that hard to understand unless your incredibly stupid and cannot read.

I kinda feel bad for you, if that's all you took out of my post. If you read it slowly, and calm yourself down first, you might notice I'm actually aware this thread is about the city size of LS compared to LC. All I'm saying is for anyone who's not going to buy the game because the city size is similar to LC, well that's a pretty pathetic reason to do so, when you've seen everything else this game has to offer. Did you not buy 4 either, because the map looked too small?

Again, no need to say that.

Of course everyone will buy the game. No need to bring up pointless rhetoric. You know people will buy the game.

Just because people are criticizing, complaining or moaning about the size of LS DOES NOT mean they will not buy the game. You'd be very stupid to think anyone would actually not buy the game for that reason. It's a deep discussion and critique of something, that is simply all it is.

Whoa, the common sense of some people in here beggars belief.

mooby345
  • mooby345

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:41 PM

QUOTE (Official General @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 14:35)

A good number of people care, hence why there are threads and polls about the city's map size only and NOT the whole game map size.

It's not really that hard to understand unless your incredibly stupid and cannot read.

I kinda feel bad for you, if that's all you took out of my post. If you read it slowly, and calm yourself down first, you might notice I'm actually aware this thread is about the city size of LS compared to LC. All I'm saying is for anyone who's not going to buy the game because the city size is similar to LC, well that's a pretty pathetic reason to do so, when you've seen everything else this game has to offer. Did you not buy 4 either, because the map looked too small?

Of course everyone will buy the game. No need to bring up pointless rhetoric. You know people will buy the game.

Just because people are criticizing, complaining or moaning about the size of LS DOES NOT mean they will not buy the game. You'd be very stupid to think anyone would actually not buy the game for that reason. It's a deep discussion and critique of something, that is simply all it is.

I just don't see the need for bitching over a trivial detail like the size of the city. When people are playing the game, I think it will be the last thing on their minds. There is clearly so much to do and see in this game that a minute detail shouldn't get people outrageously upset.

AlienWillHeMonsta
  • AlienWillHeMonsta

Prankster

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:45 PM

21.60% are going to be p**** off. biggrin.gif

Good, excellent. Just want I want to see.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE (mooby345 @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 14:41)
QUOTE (Official General @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 14:35)

I just don't see the need for bitching over a trivial detail like the size of the city. When people are playing the game, I think it will be the last thing on their minds. There is clearly so much to do and see in this game that a minute detail shouldn't get people outrageously upset.

This is forum.

But I did not realize that people are not allowed to express their views or debate and argue about things on forum. Never realized the meaning of a forum changed overnight sarcasm.gif

My apologies sarcasm.gif

Pleasure_Pier
  • Pleasure_Pier

Cult Member

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Friday, May 24 2013, 13:39)
No I'm not, as it appears to be smaller than the map of Grand Theft Auto IV, which is disappointing.

Cry more bitch. Cry more.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (Pleasure_Pier @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 15:48)
QUOTE (Raavi @ Friday, May 24 2013, 13:39)
No I'm not, as it appears to be smaller than the map of Grand Theft Auto IV, which is disappointing.

Cry more bitch. Cry more.

Our opinions on this subject differ, big deal. No need for invective.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:50 PM

QUOTE (AlienWillHeMonsta @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 14:45)
21.60% are going to be p**** off. biggrin.gif

That's fine.

Don't get pissed off or cry when you get labelled RDF.

BVJ
  • BVJ

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:02 PM

If the blueprint map gives us anything, its pretty much the full extent of Los Santos itself. It seems to be edged by areas of sea, mountains and countryside all around.

I'm happy with the overall size of the city, but not convinced by the relative sizes of the different neighbourhoods. R* seems to have made areas like Vinewood and Rockford Hills quite generous in size but the whole south central area doesn't look much bigger than downtown, and there's very little on the east side of the LS river. Not sure how these areas are gonna give a convincing sense of urban sprawl. Guess we'll know when we play it...

Smaaske
  • Smaaske

Gangsta

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:04 PM

Tiny map.

LosoNYC
  • LosoNYC

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:33 PM

I think it's just fine. People expecting it to be exactly the same as real life LA. I think once you actually play the game you'll see just how big the map really is.

FranticFatality
  • FranticFatality

British Hillbilly

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:34 PM

Yes. Size doesn't mean sh*t. A game can have a huge city, but it can still be lifeless and boring. Los Santos may be smaller than LC, but it could be more detailed and full of life than LC was.

.dre.
  • .dre.

reminder 6/12

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:44 PM

I can't understand why everyone is upset about the size. It sounds like this guy.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:27 PM

Yes, I'm satisfied. It's bigger than I would've hoped for.

Thats what she said.

AceHigh11
  • AceHigh11

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE (BVJ @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 15:02)
If the blueprint map gives us anything, its pretty much the full extent of Los Santos itself. It seems to be edged by areas of sea, mountains and countryside all around.

I'm happy with the overall size of the city, but not convinced by the relative sizes of the different neighbourhoods. R* seems to have made areas like Vinewood and Rockford Hills quite generous in size but the whole south central area doesn't look much bigger than downtown, and there's very little on the east side of the LS river. Not sure how these areas are gonna give a convincing sense of urban sprawl. Guess we'll know when we play it...

I agree with this and I think a lot of other people feel the same way when looking at the blueprint map.
A lot of people though, can't tolerate any sort of critique and make apologies (e.g. size doesn't mean anything, you can't expect a real life LA counterpart).

MuXu96
  • MuXu96

Peon

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:41 PM

I think it just looks smaller cause it's not a city like LC, LC was full of skyscrapers, you weren't able to see the horizon cause it was full and tight.

LS is much more open and all, maybe the city is really smaller, but not that much, I think it will be fine and the thing is that the city is the smallest thing about the whole map, don't forget the countryside^^

But you know, we'll see, I think at least I will be happy with the size smile.gif

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:06 PM

The size of the city looks fine funtcases.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE (Smaaske @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 16:04)
Tiny map.

When you say tiny, tiny in relation to what exactly?

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE (reform @ Friday, May 24 2013, 12:44)
I'll tell you after I've played it.

x2

Ravvi stop moaning, you haven't even played it yet.

LOL at Knife. lol.gif

ECDT1089
  • ECDT1089

TheGamer

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:16 PM

Yes.

Num3rical
  • Num3rical

I didn't choose the Ivysaur life, the Ivysaur life chose me.

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:26 PM

It looks just a bit bigger than Los Santos from San Andreas.
So of course I am disappointed. Los Angeles is bigger than New York. Shouldn't Los Santos be bigger than Liberty City?

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:29 PM

Really the only people that are going to be disappointed are those that don't care at all about the countryside, and I have to say I pity them a little.

Neckbeard
  • Neckbeard

who?

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE (AceHigh11 @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 16:32)

I agree with this and I think a lot of other people feel the same way when looking at the blueprint map.
A lot of people though, can't tolerate any sort of critique and make apologies (e.g. size doesn't mean anything, you can't expect a real life LA counterpart).

Most people who will buy and play the game most likely have never been to L.A .
They don't really care if it doesn't look like a proper rendition of the real city but they care for a detailed city with a focus on interesting places and not countless blocks of "sprawl".

TyphoonJames
  • TyphoonJames

King Cobra

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:35 PM

I am definitely happy with the size of Los Santos. We got enough city in GTA IV, so now it's the countryside's turn smile.gif

AceHigh11
  • AceHigh11

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (Neckbeard @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 17:30)
QUOTE (AceHigh11 @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 16:32)

Most people who will buy and play the game most likely have never been to L.A .
They don't really care if it doesn't look like a proper rendition of the real city but they care for a detailed city with a focus on interesting places and not countless blocks of "sprawl".

Don't want countless blocks of sprawl, just a convincing sense of sprawl (maybe it will feel like that when playing the game, I hope).

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (Num3rical @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 17:26)
It looks just a bit bigger than Los Santos from San Andreas.
So of course I am disappointed. Los Angeles is bigger than New York. Shouldn't Los Santos be bigger than Liberty City?

It's 90% or more of Liberty City...It's far more than "a bit bigger than Los Santos in San Andreas".

I wonder how the poll results would change if people bothered to take some comparisons?

LewisMiller
  • LewisMiller

Luton Tannnnnn

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:39 PM

Roughly the same size as LC and LC was big city so I am very satisfied.

user posted image

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE (Flashify @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 18:08)
QUOTE (reform @ Friday, May 24 2013, 12:44)
I'll tell you after I've played it.

x2

Ravvi stop moaning, you haven't even played it yet.

LOL at Knife. lol.gif

First of all, it is Raavi with double A and a single R, shouldn't be to difficult to type. Second, I'm not moaning I'm merely stating my honest opinion, which ostensibly differs from yours, which is fine as we both live in a free country. And opinions are there to differ.

icandothisallday
  • icandothisallday

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE (Official General @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 14:50)
QUOTE (AlienWillHeMonsta @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 14:45)
21.60% are going to be p**** off.  biggrin.gif

That's fine.

Don't get pissed off or cry when you get labelled RDF.

f*ck you you crybaby bitch! rdf? really? YOU ARE GOING TO GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY!!!!! JUST LIKE WE ARE!!!!!!!! Jesus Christ! you have done nothing but piss and moan about every minute detail and call people RDF because they are excited about this game and not crying like a bitch like yourself! at the end of the day you will be standing in line waiting to give your hard earned cash to rockstar just like the rest of us. pull the dick out of your ass and your moms titty out of your mouth and grow the f*ck up!

Neckbeard
  • Neckbeard

who?

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE (LewisMiller @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 17:39)

user posted image

Whoever made this comparison should take another look at the maps
It's so wrong it hurts

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE (Neckbeard @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 17:45)
QUOTE (LewisMiller @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 17:39)

user posted image

Whoever made this comparison should take another look at the maps
It's so wrong it hurts

Runways are same length, that's where the reference point came from.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users