La Puerta

57 replies to this topic
GTA Master Blaster
  • GTA Master Blaster

JustMe

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:42 AM

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Friday, May 24 2013, 11:18)
Before I start, let me remind you that Los Santos will be the only "major" city, since it is the focal centre of the game. BUT, Los Santos sure isn't big enough to warrant the claim of being the only city, and that Dan Houser himself explicitly stated that doing one city felt "better" than doing multiple cities.

If you guys don't believe that LS isn't large, refer to this post of deffpony

Ok, here is my attempt to get a good scale of LS. We know that the empire state building is scaled 1:1, and I think its safe to assume the LS Bank tower is also scaled 1:1.

I first proportionately placed a 1:1 scale of the Bank Tower on the appropriate location of the blueprint map.

user posted image

user posted image

You can notice in the skydive shot that the tower has a moderate amount of room between the street and the base. I accounted for the space when placing the model on the map.

Then I added a 1:1 3d model of LC. The empire state building and LS bank tower are both scaled 1:1 so comparing them should be accuarate. The variances will lie in whether the bank tower is placed on the map correctly.

user posted image

user posted image

I double checked everything because LS seemed far too small but this is as accurate as possible using the two buildings as a reference. However, in my final scale comparison I made LS 5% bigger to account for any errors I may have made.

user posted image

user posted image

On paper this should be accurate, but the city seems ridiculously small. What do you guys think??

Now, it is well known that R* is apprently "hiding" the whole game. We practically know the outline of every single facet of the game, except for the northern part of the map.

Now I am interlinking the theories of "LS not being big enough" and "R* hiding part". Where am I heading? To La Puerta.

There have been a minimum of 25 preview articles of GTAV since November 8, and not a single preview mentions the name "La Puerta" or "Los Puerta". La Puerta also happens to be one of the only two name signs - along with Sandy Shores - that Rockstar focused on in any trailer.

user posted image

There has to be another urban settlement even if not as large as Los Santos, for the proportions between the "metropolitan" city and the countryside just don't seem to gel together.

The fact that Rocktar have explicitly shown almost the full map of LS - including the streets - further suggests the presence of La Puerta, the city.

Thoughts?

GREAT JOB MAN icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif

Definitely credit to what your saying, R* is definitely hiding something. I would suggest that their is a settlement in the top half of the map. But why hide it?

iTruth
  • iTruth

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:47 AM

Please, don't quote the images next time lol. It's just boring to scroll through and it takes longer for the page to load.

dontdieb4september
  • dontdieb4september

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:43 AM

Lose Puerta la puerta whatever puerta I think realisticly the extreme northern areas of the map would be to baron not to have a small city or 2 or 3 towns up there. NE and NW included. The map is large and a lot of effort is put into it... Why would they make 1 half of the map so dead. Yes "the countryside can have activities in it" and the countryside is vast which is great but there will be northern coastal towns I would put money on it. Just logical..

dooshtoomun
  • dooshtoomun

Thug

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:22 PM

Wow I thought we'd known enough so far to assume that there's only one city, but you raise pretty great points. La Puerta hasn't been mentioned much, and yes there seems to be too much country side compared to city so far.

Maybe La Puerta could be a smaller town somewhere? But then again, it doesn't make sense to have a sign in the middle of an LS freeway directing you to a small town.

If there turns out to be another city, then awesome! That'll mean more for me and everyone!

But if there is nothing else, then I guess it won't bother me too much. I mean, I've been so far with what I've seen, so I'll be cool with the one city biggrin.gif

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Leben Heißt leben

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:57 PM

I honestly think that "La Puerta" is either a Spanish-American district in Los Santos, or a town located outside of Los Santos. I remember the desert towns from GTA: San Andreas had odd Spanish names, not too dissimilar from "La Puerta"...

E1999Eternal
  • E1999Eternal

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:00 PM

Can someone tell me (or highlight and post a new image) which highway is the "Los/Las/La Puerta" Fwy?

If it's one of the highways that leaves Los Santos, then I'm confident Los/Las/Puerta is a town at the very northern part of the map.

If it's one of the highways that doesn't leave Los Santos, then "Los/Las/La Puerta" is likely a Mexican district of Los Santos.

I am basing this on my assumption that if they name a freeway after something, it's going to be in the damn game.

Kind of lost hope in it being a Mexican town to the South.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

sibs44
  • sibs44

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE (man dragon @ Friday, May 24 2013, 08:27)
Speaking of other areas outside LS, I think I see an area that could be based off of Malibu. It would be great if this area was called Babylon, as a reference to how the Malibu Club in Vice City was based off the Babylon Club in Scarface.

user posted image

I'm 90% sure it's malibu, notice the dock user posted image

Druffmaul
  • Druffmaul

Dan Is The Bastard

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:46 PM Edited by Druffmaul, 31 May 2013 - 12:37 AM.

QUOTE (sibs44 @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 14:06)
I'm 90% sure it's malibu, notice the dock

Yes, look at the dock. Notice that there's no amusement park.

Dock + amusement park = Santa Monica
user posted image

EDIT: My bad, I didn't even notice the area circled on the map, well north of the amusement park pier. /embarassed

Above
  • Above

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:54 PM

The scaling of those buildings leaves us with airport runways that appear shorter than those in Liberty City. Why would they be shorter in Los Santos? Even if the city is bigger than the example suggests, then I'm sure there will be another urban area. Whether this is Puerta or not remains to be seen.

DJ Vejeejee
  • DJ Vejeejee

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:05 AM

I think it will look more like thiss!! lol.gif

user posted image

tounge.gif

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:11 AM

QUOTE (DJ Vejeejee @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 19:05)
I think it will look more like thiss!!  lol.gif

user posted image

tounge.gif

I remember this map. If R* would've followed a similar concept to this for V, we would have had a GOAT on our hands. lol.gif

dxbrandon
  • dxbrandon

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:30 AM

QUOTE (sibs44 @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 18:06)
QUOTE (man dragon @ Friday, May 24 2013, 08:27)
Speaking of other areas outside LS, I think I see an area that could be based off of Malibu. It would be great if this area was called Babylon, as a reference to how the Malibu Club in Vice City was based off the Babylon Club in Scarface.

user posted image

I'm 90% sure it's malibu, notice the dock user posted image

Actually I believe you guys are 98% right about that being malibu. Sticking with my gut on that one. icon14.gif

Druffmaul
  • Druffmaul

Dan Is The Bastard

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:38 AM

QUOTE (dxbrandon @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 16:30)
Actually I believe you guys are 98% right about that being malibu. Sticking with my gut on that one. icon14.gif

Yeah, I totally didn't notice that the area circled on the map was north of the amusement park pier. I suck and am dumb. sad.gif

dxbrandon
  • dxbrandon

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:49 AM

QUOTE (Druffmaul @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 20:38)
QUOTE (dxbrandon @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 16:30)

Yeah, I totally didn't notice that the area circled on the map was north of the amusement park pier. I suck and am dumb. sad.gif

It's cool, no one's right or wrong here. There's just to many similarities for it not to be Malibu. I wonder if we will get pics of Malibu before the game release.

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:46 AM

What's so great about the whole Malibu thing is it's almost unnoticeable on that map, as in it doesn't even remotely stand out. I wonder how many other little places like that there will be. A place like Long Beach could get a similar treatment on the opposite side of the map, for example.

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:54 AM

QUOTE (man dragon @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 22:46)
What's so great about the whole Malibu thing is it's almost unnoticeable on that map, as in it doesn't even remotely stand out. I wonder how many other little places like that there will be. A place like Long Beach could get a similar treatment on the opposite side of the map, for example.

Malibu is a very affluent area. In V, it would likely be the location of a home (likely a luxury one) and marina given that both of these features have been confirmed in V. Luxury cars would also be easy pickens in the area. What's not to like?

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:35 PM Edited by GTA564, 31 May 2013 - 08:56 PM.

I have one picture to show you with two things that are distinguishable
First. Pay attention to the environment did you see it from some angle in the previous pictures of the city (especially buildings-[This kind of structure]-)
Two. The area looks relatively clean from buildings And a very wide, Where exactly such a large urban area have space in the pictures we have seen?
--And a huge intersection with such a structure has not been located in other images--
user posted image

Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

On september 17..the streets will be on hush mode

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:24 PM

La puerta= the door=The port.. Port of long beach\docks.. Nothing more nothing less. Give it up

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE (Getzmunney @ Friday, May 31 2013, 21:24)
La puerta= the door=The port.. Port of long beach\docks.. Nothing more nothing less. Give it up

You have given me a strong argument here, give me a minute to think sigh.gif

<Yang3
  • <Yang3

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:53 PM

Beach City=Long Beach, probably.

Von_Von
  • Von_Von

Thug

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:02 PM

Just thinking http://en.wikipedia....5_in_California

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:29 PM Edited by GTA564, 31 May 2013 - 11:08 PM.

QUOTE (Getzmunney @ Friday, May 31 2013, 21:24)

I have it
La puerta= the door=door to Second city=los vaqueros wow.gif

--Just my opinion - all for fun--

english Translation:
Los Santos - saints
Los Vaqueros - cowboys

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

Only got a PC for Gaming

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:39 PM

I think the important thing here is the name itself, not the meaning... the words are in Spanish, so it means it's somehow close or related to Mexico.

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE (S1LV3R_W0LF @ Friday, May 31 2013, 17:39)
I think the important thing here is the name itself, not the meaning... the words are in Spanish, so it means it's somehow close or related to Mexico.

"Los Santos" is Spanish too though. In fact, most cities in California have Spanish names. The whole state used to be Mexican territory. monocle.gif

@GTA564 Exactly. For months now (technically years), I've been trying to identify those buildings around that shot. We only see them in that shot too. I predict that it's near the docks. Don't know though.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:10 PM

Um I know the op already stated it, but I was the one who did all the stuff in the OP lol

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:17 PM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Friday, May 31 2013, 23:10)
Um I know the op already stated it, but I was the one who did all the stuff in the OP lol

He should add your name to the main post
Nice how you did this analysis

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE (GTA564 @ Friday, May 31 2013, 18:17)
QUOTE (deffpony @ Friday, May 31 2013, 23:10)

He should add your name to the main post
Nice how you did this analysis

My name is in the main post lol. That's why it's funny

This analysis was even featured on GtaV.net

boxmonster
  • boxmonster

Disinformation Agent

• Members

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:34 AM

QUOTE (man dragon @ Friday, May 24 2013, 11:31)
The old theory was that Los Puerta, which in English means The Door, is the GTA rendition of San Diego (considered "the door" into America from Mexico). Interstate 5 runs from San Diego to San Francisco (and beyond) and between San Diego and LA it is known as the San Diego Freeway - which is the reference in the trailer. It doesn't necessarily mean the area is included in the game.

Well the other theory is that its supposed to be Los Puertos/El Puerto, meaning "The Port/Ports" as the highway basically matches up with Los Angeles' Harbor Freeway (not the actual Interstate 5 (AKA San Diego Freeway) as some people keep believing). They feminized the word "port" and changed it to "door", it's just bad Spanish. Rockstar should've seriously consulted someone with at least the slightest clue about the language.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users